#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Clay's new blog entry is just too funny - I was getting a "The dog ate my homework" vibe off of it. I'm glad to know he has the same fumble-finger typing skills as some of the rest of us, and then can't figure out how to fix his post. A hint for you Clay: When you are doing long posts, compose them in your word processing program, and then you can edit and spell-check your comments before you copy them over into your blog. And next time, try to include some more penguin content, 'kay?

Just wanted to wish ldyjocelyn a very happy birthday today. I would get out my old cheerleading outfit to give a big cheer for your birthday, but I kinda doubt I could get into it anymore......but I will shake by pom poms in a salute to our head cheerleader's birthday. Have a good one.

I'm going to be glued to the TV tonight watching for glimpses of Clay and will have VCR going in case I do see him, and of course will want to go back to see his beautiful face again and again and....

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LDYJOCELYN

Hope we get a glimpse of Clay tonight. I'm sure we will get some reports from the red carpet. But I think it will be tomorrow night when he will get the most of Clay. I do hope he gets the JBT hair back...

HPPY BIRTHDY ldyjocelyn!

I'm a little perturbed - Monday Night Football is starting at 7:30 this week, pre-empting Monday''s all-important edition of The Insider in my market. CRAP! Here's hoping the Clack gets posted to the public sites quickly [coughFCAcough], because I've been unsuccessly wrestling with yousendits, megauploads, and rapidshares all week-end.

Reading about Couch Tomato's cruise plans on the previous page gave me an idea. I have read about those specialty cruises, which concentrate on a particular area of interest like foreign films or whatnot. Which of course leads directly to the idea of a Clay Nation cruise.

First off, there's not enough anti-anxiety medication in the world to get Mr. Aiken on a boat, surrounded by water and 500 of his most enthusiastic fans, so that's not even a part of this scenario. However, I think we could come up with a number of seminars that would prove educational and fun.

A Brief History of the Clay Nation: From "Take" to Blog-mania.

Concert Photography and Videography - This would include a special break-out section: "Is that what I think it is?", led by the esteemed spotlightlover and momo, with special guest analyst Jemock.

13.5, 613,000, and Other Significant Numbers in the Clay Nation: hockeydonna and 43dudleyvillas' posts interpreted for the mathematically-impaired.

Rhythm-less Nation: Special Guest Jacob works with the funk-free fans on finding the beat, and if time permits, mastering the Running Man.

Water, Water Everywhere: The importance of re-hydration after extensive drooling, licking, and crying over Clack.

No Tree Nuts!: Cooking for Clay without killing him. Attendance is mandatory for all fans from the Pacific Northwest, who have apparently tried to poison Clay in the past.

Concert Etiquette: Clay knows you love him, so STFU already.

WWJD: All About Love, You Were There, Good News, and When Doves Cry - One of these things is not like the other.

What other seminars would interest you?

Edited by bottlecap

bottlecap, you can add a breakout group on the photography and videography workshops called "Focusing on his face" taught by buzztechie and myself. For the scattered few not attending the other photography/videography breakout.

Sign me up for Rhythmless Nation!

Okay....how about:

The Care and Feeding of Small Dogs and Penguins - The basics of Kibbles N' Bits and fish.

How to get your presents to Clay - This covers the basics of approaching Jerome and Nick with a gift for Clay, without looking like a deranged, drooling, psycho, thudding fan. Calming yoga and breathing techniques are included.

Forgot to add: Our boy will be working tonight.....surely he wouldn't bring a date...but I would love it if he did!

Edited by txflwrgrl

But what about for poor Raleigh...no seminar for her? and Nick, Jerome, and the new female lead in the Clay fandom...sweater girl!!!!

Sweater Girl on a ship with 500 jealous Clay fans? Do you think she looks like she would be a strong swimmer? [Ooops. Splash. "I swear, the deck was wet, and she just slipped..."]

How about:

Is That an EpiPen in Your Pocket?: How to administer the all important shot during a severe allergic reaction. Attendance is mandatory for those who did not pass the "No Tree Nuts!" seminar.

I'd also like to use this first post to EEEEEEEEEE! over the news that Clay is coming to the Paramount Theater in Oakland. As someone who did not get to attend any of the JBT shows, I'm so excited that he'll be coming within half an hour of me!

Waves to bonniemeadow! Bwah - now that's how to make an entrance into FCA.

I just got in and am catching up on the Emmy stuff. Those pictures - HOLY CRAP! Is there a color that man doesn't look gorgeous wearing!

I love it when the Clay Nation loses its mind, and just gives in to the total fangirlyness!!! I expect there to be a world-wide shortage of exclamation points by midnight!!!! I can't stop posting!!!! EEEEEEE!!!!

Edited by bottlecap

From USA Today's blog:

It's Claytime: TV show The Insider had a new correspondent on the red carpet this year: Clay Aiken. "It's very glamorous — much more glamorous than the music awards shows," he said. As stars filed into the theater, Aiken said he got to meet all of the Desperate Housewives tonight, adding, "They make me sad I'm single." And what is Aiken listening to right now? "Christmas music," he said. "I'm prepping my Christmas tour." W.M., Posted 8:28 p.m.

From zap2it:

Unlike many years past, several of the men are going out of their ways to subvert the boring old penguin suit. It's unclear why he's there, but Clay Aiken's working the maroon shirt and gold tie. Ricardo Chivara goes with a purple-ish shirt and tie, while Harold Perrineau Jr. is working a different combination of purple and black.

Clay Aiken's Red Carpet Report

Clay Aiken's Red Carpet Report!

It was a sizzling Sunday night at the Shrine Auditorium as TV's hottest stars walked the red carpet for the 57th Primetime Emmy Awards®. 'Idol' CLAY AIKEN was on the scene with "The Insider" to get close with his favorite celebs -- well, as close as he could get.

"EVA LONGORIA was over there," said Clay. "I tried to get close to her. I ended up stepping on her dress which is the closest I'll get to touching her again, but hey, I'll remember that forever and ever."

Clay was undeniably starstruck, but he musn't forget, he's a celebrity himself! As CAMRYN MANHEIM exclaimed to him on the carpet: "You're the biggest rock star in the world! Did you hear those girls scream for you?!"

And TERI HATCHER said, "My daughter's like his biggest fan! We watched you ... we were there!"

For more with Clay on the red carpet, don't miss tonight's "Insider"!

Alright ladies... have you ever wanted to rip the clothes right off Clay's back. Ok, this isn't as fun but...

Bid on Clay's suit, shoes, and cufflinks

By the time I registered everything was out of my price range LOL.

The bidding started at:

Suit 500

Cufflinks 100

Shoes100

All of Clay's items have bids. And as this link travels from board to board I expect more bids. Clay does have some very rich fans. Unfortuantely I ain't one of them.

Just a quick drive-by to thank everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday. And...and...and...Clay wore a beautiful outfit at the Emmy's just for MEEEEEE! Goooooooooo...me! Rah, rah, sis boom bah!!! [/cheerleader mode]

Think I can convince my husband that we don't need to pay the mortgage, pay our bills, and feed the cats for the next two months, in order for me to purchase the clothes off Clay's back? Didn't think so. Damn my husband.

We got some reports on the Insider appearance from the CH...

thanks to snowdrop...here are some of what she saw...It is better than anyone could expect I believe!!!!!!!

HE SINGS!!! He sings to the winners backstage!!!!!

OMG, they are showing what Terri and Camryn said, and showing all the fans being there for Clay. And his quote about Eva and her dress.

I forget all the people they show him talking with. They showed Marcia Cross shaking his hand. And show him signing lots of autographs

They showed him singing "Thanks For the Memories" to Doris Roberts. He's standing next to a piano. Hopefully they'll show a lot more later in the show. They said "Clay serenades the winners!"

BWAH! In the preview for after the commercial, they show him blowing a trumpet

SEPTEMBER, he's singing September!!

BWAH! In the preview for after the commercial, they show him blowing a trumpet, or, well, trying to. (He says something like "the winners never expected this!")

SEPTEMBER, he's singing September!! Around the piano with Pat and Lara.

Gee, what a shock, he forgot the words to Thanks For the Memories.

OMG, they show Trump asking Clay to play his Mar-a-Lago. Trump is talking to Roger!!! Trump asked Clay if he had a business card, so Clay said, there's my publicist, the blonde. And Trump said TWICE that he wants to book him!

Interviewer? He's no interviewer! He's the backstage entertainment! They're treating him like a star! He walked in with the celebrities, and he's partying with the celebrities!

And they showed the crowd reaction to him! According to a post at Clayboard, the stands were filled with students from nearby University of Southern California... I sure hope the cameras caught a bunch of students screaming for Clay!

BTW, in watching partially again, a few things I didn't mention. He sang the Happy Days theme, and didn't I mention when they showed the USC students fawning over him, one of the girls grabbed him and kissed his cheek??

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I can't wait for this! We will put a copy of the video on FCA.

Joyful Noise Tour 2005

11/02/05 Queen Elizabeth Theatre Vancouver, BC, CA

11/03/05 Theatre of the Clouds @ Rose Garden Portland, OR, US

11/05/05 Hult Center for the Performing Arts Eugene, OR, US

11/06/05 McCaw Hall Seattle, WA, US

11/08/05 Paramount Theatre Oakland, CA, US :D:D

11/09/05 Kodak Theater Los Angeles, CA, US

11/10/05 Kodak Theater Los Angeles, CA, US

11/11/05 Civic Theatre San Diego, CA, US

11/13/05 Dodge Theatre Phoenix, AZ, US

11/15/05 NuSkin Theatre @ The Delta Center Salt Lake City, UT, US

11/16/05 Convention Center Theatre Denver, CO, US