#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

I don't think they ever said when the baby shower piece would run. At the end of The Insider clip on Friday Clay said it was his next assignment. Then in his blog he mentioned he would be interviewing someone who has a career that he has admired for years and to be watching for it on Insider sometime this week. And then on Kimmel, Clay said he got to meet & interview Reba Macintyre. Don't know how that interview relates to the baby shower clip but I guess I'll be watching (or more likely recording) Insider the rest of the week.

SkateJoy you weren't the only one bracing for a PETA attack. I believe Clay brought it up himself.

I loved both "Quarterback Clay" & the chat with Jimmy last night. I loved that Jimmy mentioned that he had shown the Emmy clip & then played it for Clay. I really liike that it wasn't something done meanly behind his back. It was clearly a snark worthy moment.

I like that Clay talked about what he wouldn't do on Insider. I think Clay can do interviews & not 'dig' into private areas. So, as long as Insider is willing to play by Clay's rules, I say go for it.

I have put all the Clack from the September TV appearances into a folder on my PC so I can burn a DVD easily when the month is over. Geez, there were a lot of little hits of Clack for September, and that doesn't even count all the new concert video that continues to flood in, plus all the great montages. I think I need to schedule some serious burning time this week-end, or I won't be ready for the JNT05 stuff in a little over a month! AWhooo HOoo! Clack, Clack everywhere!

Okay I admit I joined about a month ago and I have posted very little, but I know I posted in a TBAF forum and now for the life of me I cannot even find where that is. Was it moved?? Can somebody help me please? Am I losing mind or what?

Oh and I read someone had put all their clack for the month into a folder to easily burn a DVD?? Oh, I am so guilty of this! I have a folder on my ClayDrive (yep that is the external drive I bought just for you know who) and in there a ClayTV folder, and it that a folder for each month of 2004 and 2005 with all the appearances on TV and such. It makes burning chronological DVDs sooooo much easier! Oh and if ya wondered I've also got the concert clack and special events clack organized in similar ways. What can I say?? I am an organizer and planner. So be it!

~Claylove~

I had a “Duh” moment when I was trying to figure out the reason Clay agreed to cover a baby shower for The Insider. Why would he want to be surrounded by a group of squealing, hormonally-charged women?….. Well, duh, I answered my own question there. It’s been over three weeks since Clay’s been on stage, and he misses us! We miss you too, baby!

The teaser videos for The Insider are here. Very cute! A little piece on the shower, and a bit with Reba.

Edited by bottlecap

Okay I admit I joined about a month ago and I have posted very little, but I know I posted in a TBAF forum and now for the life of me I cannot even find where that is.  Was it moved?? Can somebody help me please?  Am I losing mind or what?

Oh and I read someone had put all their clack for the month into a folder to easily burn a DVD??  Oh, I am so guilty of this!  I have a folder on my ClayDrive (yep that is the external drive I bought just for you know who) and in there a ClayTV folder, and it that a folder for each month of 2004 and 2005 with all the appearances on TV and such.  It makes burning chronological DVDs sooooo much easier!  Oh and if ya wondered I've also got the concert clack and special events clack organized in similar ways.  What can I say?? I am an organizer and planner.  So be it!

~Claylove~

Wow ...thanks for the heads up on the problem with the TBAF thread...I knew I was going to end up deleting a whole thread one of this days...so y'all can ease up on Couchie now. :D

Anyway, my mistake, we had this Clay forum set to prune threads that wasn't active...and we dont want that, so I changed it and TBAF is up again

So, I've never seen Reba, but I have to say I'm impressed with this Melissa chick from The Insider baby shower piece. She was very funny in the interview, and she had the presence of mind to take every opportunity she could to hug and handle the Aiken. Of course, she has now probably added another thing to scream at her husband when she's in labor. Besides the classic: "You're never touching me again, you bastard!", or "Shut up about the breathing and go get me drugs!", she might add "OMG, why are you not Clay Aiken!" :P

Also, Clay was quite the little fanboy with Reba, wasn't he? Watch and learn, baby!

I loved all the insider clips...of course it woudl be better if the editing was not so disjointed and if Clay has on screen more...*g*. But I;m sure he was having such a great time. I would like to see more of his interview with Reba...

I loved the Insider clip both on tv & online. It's great seeing an actress go all fangirly over Clay. I've watched Reba (the show) & Melissa is just as funny on the show. I am convinced we will see more of Clay's interview with Reba at some point in time. I loved seeing Clay get 'starstruck' with Reba. He certainly did list all of her accomplishments fairly easily. I truly hope Clay has as much diverse success as Reba. I also loved hearing both Reba & Clay's accents.

I couldn't get the clips from the Insider website to play, so I had to download them. I love the squeeing she does when she sees Clay. You can tell it's an honest reaction, and that's what makes it so great!

I would have liked Clay to have more screen time too, but beggers can't be choosers. I'll take whatever crumb I can get. Or is that Clumb?

Waves to LuvTugs up there, who I see is a fellow avid Clackhouse lurker. Welcome to the main thread! So, I read in your introduction that you are a montage maker. Cough up those links, girl! I would think we would be done with brand new Clack for awhile, so I need some montages to download! :D

Yes welcome to luvtugs... I second bottlecaps request but I have serious Hard drive space issues.

I think I am getting spoiled by seeing Clay so often on TV...now I want more TV Clay...where will we see him again! Can't wait.

From the CH:

PR NEWSWIRE

UNICEF and Procter & Gamble Partner to Inspire Caring Kids to Become Real World Heroes, With 'Kids Helping Kids®' Challenge

Quote:

Friday September 30, 6:19 pm ET

P&G to Donate $150,000 on Behalf of Top Fundraising Schools

Clay Aiken - Multi-Platinum Recording Artist and Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Spokesperson - to Visit Top Fundraising School

<snip>

As a beloved and widely recognized campaign, Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF has inspired many celebrities and corporations to get involved. Adding to the excitement in 2005, multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken will serve as the national Trick-or-Treat spokesperson. Throughout October, the Raleigh, N.C., native and former teacher, will encourage kids to participate in the program.

In a further showing of support for the fundraising efforts of kids and schools across the country, Aiken will personally visit the school that raises the most money for Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF this year. Details and timing for Aiken's visit will be announced at a later date.

"Trick-or-Treat is more than a fundraising program," said Aiken, who was appointed a UNICEF Ambassador in 2004 and has already visited UNICEF programs in tsunami-stricken Indonesia and war-torn Uganda. "For many children, it is their first introduction to philanthropy and the needs of their peers in places far away. It is wonderful to know that I can be a part of that mo]ment."

Geez, I can't believe it's October already. And I also can't believe I have to look at the calender picture with the fugly plaid used-car salesman jacket for a month. Oh, well, I'll just have to concentrate on the kinda sexy, intense expression on Mr. October's face, instead of the jacket.

I was watching some Toledo concert Clack (by the lovely and talent Scarlett). Right before he hits the jukebox to start the show, S'von jokes that Clay's working on his next single with Dr. Dre. Hah! I'm not sure how the random lyric generator would handle some rapid fire rap lyrics!

And I also can't believe I have to look at the calender picture with the fugly plaid used-car salesman jacket for a month.

It took me awhile but I learned to embrace the fugly. *g*

I have 4 of my montages entered at the 2005 Claymmy Award page. You can find them here.. 2005 Claymmy's

Thanks in advance for any votes thrown my way.

*waves to all*

It took me awhile but I learned to embrace the fugly. *g*

Well, I might be willing to embrace the fugly jacket if I could then rip it off, throw it on the floor, and kick it under the bed. What, is that not what you meant? B)

Thanks for the link to your montages, LuvTugs. I've got them in my download manager, and will check them out tomorrow.

eta: Sunday afternoon.

LuvTugs, I checked out your montages at the site you linked. Wow, loved all four of them!

Because He Loves - It really makes an impact to see his all his charitable appearances strung together like that, and that's just the stuff we know about. Clay is making more of a difference than he will ever know.

The River - I liked the retrospective aspect, and I really liked all the bus shots, most of which I have never seen before. He really is the captain of his ship, isn't he?

Walking in Memphis - Loved the NAT footage, and I literally gasped at the end when you did the transition from Elvis to Clay reaching out to the crowd. That was pretty powerful.

Heart and Soul - This is the one I voted for. You really used some great JBT footage to show off his laser green eyes - both the intense moments, and the astonishingly sparkly ones!

Edited by bottlecap

bottlecap-First I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to watch my montages.

He really is the captain of his ship, isn't he?

Yes.. hallelujah!! I'm so glad you got the message that I was striving for in this montage. I was perplexed by comments I received when I posted it on another board. Someone thought it was a bus theme, another thought it was a m&g theme.

I wanted to show that Clay is his own man. That he is controlling his own destiny and is taking us along for the ride. Whee!! And what a ride it is!

I really love using close-ups in montages. He is just so beautiful!

I made a montage in 2004 using alot of SLC's NAT vids. The close-ups..gah..the close-ups!

As soon as I get a chance I'll upload it. It's called To Love you More.

The only thing is, I don't have the largest version anymore. I had a program on my computer that I had to delete and for some weird reason it took 28 gigs of clack with it during the uninstall. Some folders were left untouched while others were wiped clean.

I mourned for weeks over the loss of all my NAT vids (especially SLC's vids..*sniff*) and all the other clack I lost, (JNT Tour, Mrs. Loki's slo-Mo's, Misc folder ect..) including the folder where I kept my montages.

We tried everything known to man and computer geek, to get the clack to come back, but it was a fruitless effort.

A few Clayfans came to my rescue and sent me the large versions that they had of my montages. But I still don't have them all.

Thanks for you vote. *hugs*

Geez, I can't believe it's October already.  And I also can't believe I have to look at the calender picture with the fugly plaid used-car salesman jacket for a month. 

Step back - don't be dissing the plaid. I liked the paisley too!!

Well, I might be willing to embrace the fugly jacket if I could then rip it off, throw it on the floor, and kick it under the bed. What, is that not what you meant?

Oh wait, you redeemed yourself!!

LuvTugs Can't wait to watch your montages.

Sorry about your clack malfunction. The good news is that most of it is replaceable. What are the name of your "lost' montages. if you spread the word, maybe we can help.

Clay blogged!

He confirms Brett is home. And he tells us about an artist that he loves... after chiding us for "nosing" around his house..well virtually that is. LOL.

April Street

Watching Clack is a tough job, LuvTugs, but I'm happy to help out a fellow FCA'er. Hope you have success in replacing your stuff.

Couchie, in reference to the plaid jacket, I will paraphrase one of Clay's songs: You Can't Make Me Love It If I Don't.

Glad to see the Brett news is O-FFi-Chul.

Uh Oh, busted over the house thing. Clay, dude, I'd feel a little more guilty about checking out the view of the master bath of a house you don't even live in any more if you hadn't already showed us footage of the view down your throat to your vocal cords. I think that a was little more intimate than admiring your grand piano online. [Okay, I do feel a little guilty. I blame the TWoP troll that posted the link to the real estate site. I have no self-control. <_< ]

I still don't know how I feel about the whole "Clay reads the Boards" idea that some of his blog entries seem to feed into. Personally, I hope it's just a matter of Team Clay feeding him the highlights of what's going on in the Clay Nation, and not that he's really lurking out there. I can't image Clay has the time to read that much, and more importantly, I think it would be very tough to process all that really personal analysis, both good and bad. Just in case, though: Clay, buddy, is that penguin house broken yet? If not, make sure you tip the housekeeping staff at the hotel very well. The herring smell can be very hard to get out of the carpeting.

Oh, and I took a quick look at the artist website he linked. Her paintings are, ummm, interesting, I guess, but look a little amateurish to me. I like the sculptures a little better than the paintings. YMMV.

Edited by bottlecap

Hee...I hear you Bottlecap ...I too don't know hpow Clay could handle everything that;s being written about him. I don;t think he reads everythign for sure. I but he has his favorites...I think he would have the LBFCA bookmarked...*g*

Luv tugs thanks for sharing your talent with everybody...love your montages...and better check out the Claymmy's...good luck!

I'll be posting the new OLD clack shortly! I'll post the mp3s and then the videos when they are available. I'll give all the credits when I post the link.

Scroll down on the right - look for Country Music Show 2000

Thanks to GranNC, Clayscience & pax for these. Videos to come later in the day.

Audio/Videos of new/old clack

Thanks to the CH

I think I move along in my fandom at such a fast pace that I forget why I'm here. Haven't finished that JBT blog yet cuz, well there's the web site to update, the pins to organize, the pre party to plan, ticketbastard to fight, clack to download, hard drives to buy. Who knows WHERE that beer is now. Last night I was updating FCA to include information on the BeadForLife Bead Parties we hope Clay fans will include when planning their JNT pre parties. Well I couldn't find my Uganda/Clay pics in my only thought it was organized hard drive. I asked Ansa to send me some to include on the page. Well she sent me a whole bunch of pictures that I had never seen before. How did I miss this? I've wanted Clay to go to Africa ever since I found out he was a UNICEF Ambassador and I missed these photos? Those beautiful photos just made me stop and think a minute.

For sure, without the voice I wouldn't be here at all. Because that is what made me pay attention. But I guess I am with those for which it is more. Because without the man, yes I would be a fan. NO doubt about it. I would buy his CD and catch him on TV when I could like I do Fantasia and Kim Locke. But I definitely would not be HERE. Oh and it's not just his good works. I love his imperfect, driven, competitive, snarky, off beat, what the hell does he have on self too. Then I watch those vids and see how far he has come.

You just never know what you're gonna get with this one. It's been one hell of a ride.

Once again Couchie you are in my brain....

as I listen to my IPOD realize there are so many artist with great voice and great music...but why didn't I follow anyone elses career. Well its because no one has fascinated me as much as Clay. Oh I'm sure they are all fascinating in their own way...but you just don't know what you will get from Clay. Today we get to see some really early Clayton working that raw talent. He was wearing some of the most atrocious clothes and he had that embarassing perm...but then he snarks...he banters and the wit is there front and center. The voice is there...still a bit out of control but what a great gift.

We are so lucky this guy decided to give AI a shot...what a journey it has been and it is just beginning. I suspect we will all be here for a long time. So get comfy everyone....

I am enjoying the Country Music Clack, but at the same time, it gives me a knot in the pit of my stomach, because I keep thinking: What if that was as far as Clay's musical career had gone?

What if, instead of selling his multi-million dollar LA house and building another one, he had to worry about Fay losing her home because they couldn't make the mortgage payments?

What if, instead of having the opportunity to lobby Congress for funds for special education and UNICEF, he was having to beg the local school board for funds for his classroom?

What if, instead of vacationing with a ton of friends in a beautiful house in the outer banks, he had to struggle to scrape together the funds to spend a week-end at the beach?

What if, in twenty years time, he was one of the middle-aged guys in the jeans and cowboy boots, doing the occasional week-end gig, still wondering how things might have turned out if he had taken a different path?

I'm sure Clay would still have a fulfilling life, but like Couch Tomato and Ansa note above me, the ride sure would be a lot less interesting!

Yeah, I think about that kind of stuff, and then I whisper a sincere "Thank you, Jesus". Provident direction, indeed!