Couch Tomato

#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

The first act could close with a punk electronica mash-up "Whatcha Doin' New Year's Eve, 'Cause I'll Be Watchin' Ya in Yer Room".  Clay flashes his Mr.  Grinch tattoo and stage-dives into the Orchestra / mosh pit.
OMG! BWAHAHAHWH!

Sooo, I have a pit seat in RI. Who do I have to bribe to get Clay to actually do this there?

Bottlecap, you crack me up. Somehow I think I am gonna be so disappointed in the concert if there are no penguins.

buzztechie, I am a little concerned that the typical Christmas concert attendees won't be familiar with the concept of stage diving and crowd surfing and won't be willing to pass Clay back like they should. On the other hand, this fandom is known for its generosity and willingness to share.

Yeah, I'm guessing Jerome's going to be prying Clay out of the arms of whoever's in the front row of the pit.

I'm just hoping somebody in the pit will be a pal, and grab me a couple of shirt buttons or a maybe back pocket or something as a souvenir.

I am holding tight to my penguin participation fantasies, at least until Vancouver.

Yeah, I'm guessing Jerome's going to be prying Clay out of the arms of whoever's in the front row of the pit.
Hey, I am more than willing to pass him along to those next to me in the pit IF he wants to stage dive/crowd surf a bit at the RI concert. I will try to nab you a button or pocket Bottlecap, but me personally.... I want to rub my hands in his hair. Hee.

More than likely, however, I would probably get knocked out by the Aiken as he stage dived into the pit, cause I would have my camera up to my eye and not be able to catch him. Though, it would be a cool photo of Clay in mid-air diving toward me into the pit. *g*

This might get the Stub Hub bidding on the front row seats revved up a bit.

buzztechie, this just cries out for a photoshop:

Though, it would be a cool photo of Clay in mid-air diving toward me into the pit.  *g*

HA HA [tm Mr. UNICEF Ambassador and Trick or Treat spokesman]. I love those hysterical Broads.

On a related topic, at the concert this summer, my sister wanted to know what the pin with the purple tie represented. So I'm trying to talk quietly into her ear, as I didn't really want to scream out "Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken!" She seemed to have a hard time comprehending it. Well, maybe not so much after she saw the concert. ;)

A heads up for fans of U2 and Bono: Rolling Stone has an excerpt of a lengthy interview Jann Wenner did with Bono here. It's pretty wide ranging - family, musical influences, religion, etc. The full interview looks like it's in the Nov. 3, 2005 issue. There's also a link to a podcast.

Clay Content: One more week until the JNT05! Awhhooo HOOOO!

Am I going to get whacked for all these consecutive posts? Where is everybody anyway?

Edited by bottlecap

sorry bottlecap...been busy the last few days with work...but will be home for the next few days so will be posting more...

also I think its the lull before the storm...the JNT is starting in a few days...we will have a lot to talk about then...

BTW...no blog yet?

Link to order the edition of Today's Christian with Clay on the cover. Watch the delivery charges though, First Class is cheaper than Ground, but it's still $4.00 on a $2.95 magazine.

Thanks for the info....

I do think this picture is another flipped picture...it looked liek it came from the SNL photoshoot.

so REMINDER!!!!!

there will be a CLay interview at apporximately 8:45 tomorrow morning at KTLA...We will post a copy of the interveiw as soon as we get it...

I'm strolling around the ship in my fan club tee shirt - winning the music trivia contest thanks to JBT, listening to radio interview after radio interview on my ipod oh and eating every two hours. Can't wait to get home. The Good News pins arrived yesterday I was told ... so will be shipping those puppies off starting Monday.

A link to the 10/27 interview on the KTLA website.

Thanks bottlecap..unfortunately my WMV is corrupted so I cannot watch any streaming videos...BUT I am in the process uploading it on FCA...thanks to Kellykelly of the CH.

I will post a link here once the upload is done...its just.so.slow.....

eta: Okay...the KTLA video cap from the CH is up...here is the link. right click and save.

KTLA interview

Awhooo Hoooo! JNT05 is almost here! I was wondering about the Clack situation for the first few shows, so I took a quick glance at the representin’ list at the Clack House. Another Awhooo Hooo, and a few dancing bananas for the names on that list! Providing there’s no drastic Clackdown in store, there should be some primo videos coming. I guess I need to get serious about getting the hard drive cleaned up this week-end. I am kind of wondering if I will be doing as much downloading this time around, though. If the show has more of a script, will there be all those instances of impromptu banter and such? I suspect there might be less microphone humping and back-up singer grinding, but I guess you never know. Maybe I will need to see every MDYK from every venue.

Looking at the schedule of concerts, I also guess I should do some heavy duty house-cleaning this week-end. By the time Christmas rolls around, I may have to pass off the dust bunnies as cotton snowballs and the dust as festive flocking. I bet a little glitter tossed on the spider webs would really brighten up those dark corners.

Looking at the schedule of concerts, I also guess I should do some heavy duty house-cleaning this week-end.  By the time Christmas rolls around, I may have to pass off the dust bunnies as cotton snowballs and the dust as festive flocking.  I bet a little glitter tossed on the spider webs would really brighten up those dark corners.

Hee...I did the same thing last weekend, and will probably do more this weekend. Since I hate housework so much -- I figure it is a good time to make sure the cat's hairballs are harvested, in time for a new crop by Christmas. *g*

OTOH...having Clay's Christmas tour starting now has me doing things like addressing Christmas cards and buying presents already. Thanks, Clay!

The KTLA interview yesterday was adorable. I love the way Clay talks! People keep saying he talks fast -- and I've never noticed that. Heck, I understand every word he says. (Maybe because I just simply HANG on his every word? *g*) I also love the way he "talks with his body" (down smutters). He knows how to emphasize words with an extra raise of an eyebrow and the like. Love that.

His hair looked so soft, as did the sweater.

And he got to talk about UNICEF and the tour. That was so great.

I love him more today than yesterday...

Looking at the schedule of concerts, I also guess I should do some heavy duty house-cleaning this week-end.  By the time Christmas rolls around, I may have to pass off the dust bunnies as cotton snowballs and the dust as festive flocking.  I bet a little glitter tossed on the spider webs would really brighten up those dark corners.

Hee...I did the same thing last weekend, and will probably do more this weekend. Since I hate housework so much -- I figure it is a good time to make sure the cat's hairballs are harvested, in time for a new crop by Christmas. *g*

Now I'm really hoping that those cat's hairballs are really just dust bunnies and not what I think of when I think cat hairball. Hee, & ewwww & just ick!

:lol:

I loved the KTLA interview, too. I think I would be happy to just sit and listen to him talk. One thing that really stood out to me was how thick he made his accent when he was talking about his Atlanta Audition. I grew up in LA and I lived in FL for 20 years. I have several friends from Raleigh and I usually just don't notice accents. When people talk about Clay's accent or how fast he speaks I'm always surprised because I don't usually hear it. But when he talked about buying the clothes he really accentuated the 'stereotypical' southern accent. I found it incredibly cute. It made me smile.

So have all the pin collectors decided to join in the newest Clay collector INSANITY. If you haven't been to the OFC lately they have posted this on the public page :

10/28/05 / CLAY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS AVAILABLE ON JN05 TOUR!

Everybody sing-a-long to the tune of 'O Christmas Tree'...here were go:

"O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree, Clay Aiken's on your branches

O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree, there are one hundred chances…."

That's right! For serious collectors only! A limited edition of 100 Clay Aiken Christmas ornaments are being produced and customized with date and city for EACH concert date on the Joyful Noise 2005 tour. Each city will have one design available with the tour logo and city/date on the back. If you're going to one of the shows, don't miss your chance to get these collectibles (and trade with friends going to other shows! Hint: Across the entire tour, there will be 8 different ornament designs made available). Make Clay a part of your Christmas holidays for years to come. Find the Clay Aiken ornaments at the merchandise table at each stop on the tour.

P.S. WE HEARD YOU! Many of you have also requested more 'upscale' Clay Aiken merchandise. You'll definitely want to check out the wonderful new pashminas. A 70% cashmere, 30% silk blend, these large black scarves include a beautiful black on black pattern and Clay's autograph in silver thread in one corner. When people ask if you bought it at the upscale department store downtown, won't they be surprised when you say "no, I got it at a Clay Aiken concert". Posted by Team Clay

I think this is one collection I will just have to skip. Can you IMAGINE the insanity at the merchandise tables (unless they charge $100 each)? Regardless, I will definitely skip this collectible.

I did order 2 shirts that were on sale from OFC on 10/11 and I received them on 10/24 so maybe they have worked the kinks out of the system.

I'm very curious how much they will charge for a pashmina. Will I have to mortgage my house just to buy 1? I guess we should know next week. EEEEEEEEEEEE!

One hundred limited edition ornaments? Eight versions? I have been off the boards all afternoon, and I don't know if I want to dive in and see the reaction to this special offer or not. Yikes!!! :blink:

Oh I have very bad feeling about this. I know the limited edition has become very popular with the pins..but it also caused a lot of stress and some bad feelings among collectors

Playbiller from CH suggested that there may be other ornaments for sale 8 designs all in all but only 100 in every venue will be stamped with venue name and date...and that will be the collector item. I think this plan is more palatable. So people who simply want a pretty Clay ornament can get one with no hassle but the serious collectors who like the challenge ahve something to work for. I hope this is what this means...

BUT...if they mean only 100 ornaments will be available in every location...meaning they will only be selling 4000 ornaments in all...that sounds really illogical. It will get a lot of people upset and it will waste a great opportunity for TC to make money.

One thing is clear though...CLique merchandise has a poor way of communicating...definitely is not working well with this fandom...

You are absolutely right Ansa. I'm afraid that the merchandise tables are going to be worse than usual and that's a scary proposition. I sure hope playbiller is right. It makes perfect sense but I'm afraid Clique is not very good at making sense. I suspect the ornaments are going to be outrageously expensive which won't make TC any favors either. I can't imagine what they were thinking. I guess we will have all the answers in less than 1 week.

Well, I see Clay is about to start selling his balls..ur..ornaments again. I hope we can get clack of the bloodbath that is going to happen at the merchandise tables. (Ya never know, it could make for an interesting montage!)

I loved the KTLA interview. He's just so handsome, smart, witty, funny and oh so cuddly in that sweater. *sighs*

Before I forget, let me add my congratulations to ebird and Mr. ebird. Baby ebird is too adorable for words!

I suspect there might be less microphone humping

Crap. (Somewhere a bubble is bursting and crying)

IMPORTANT CLACK INFO – JOYFUL NOISE 2005 TOUR

Many of you are aware of the site run by KCClaymate called All Things Clay Aiken (or simply ATCA) which works hard to provide clack to a significant portion of the fandom.

What you may not know is that, during the last few months, the tremendous influx of clack has made it extremely challenging for sites like ATCA, which don't have an on-site community and staff, to keep their content up-to-date.

The Clack House and gonzofan have always worked closely with other clack dealers to make certain that media files get out to both the private and public fan sites, and ATCA is an invaluable part of that network. After talking at length with KCClaymate about ATCA’s needs, the CH and gonzofan have agreed to work more closely with that site, starting with the JNT2.

KCClaymate will be implementing the following minor changes, to ensure clack is made available to the fandom at large as quickly as possible:

1) KCClaymate has always had direct access to the CH Vault allowing her to retrieve and host files immediately, but the sheer volume of clack in recent months has made it challenging to keep ATCA updated with new clack in 'real time' as it becomes available.

To help ATCA host JNT2 clack as quickly as possible after processing, the CH admins will be given direct access to the ATCA server and will upload files directly to the online area. (That means, when files are finished being processed and are moved to the CH Vault, another copy will be online at ATCA.)

gonzofan will be doing the same with any clips that she processes.

The CH will post the availability of these files on its boards, as usual, with a footnote that the files are also available at ATCA, info which can then be passed along to other boards.

2) KCClaymate will be changing the interface of her site to a 'directory tree' listing (heirarchical folders), to avoid the bottle-neck that occurs when fans have to wait for links to be updated on html pages.

Funding ATCA: In order to provide access to a high volume of media at high speeds, KCClaymate has invested in many upgrades to her server and internet connection. If you use her site to download clack, please don't forget to donate, if possible, to help meet operating costs. Please note that ATCA provides high-speed access at all times -- not only when Clay is actively on tour -- and that donations are welcomed at all times.

To donate now, you can paypal kcclaymate@allthingsclayaiken.com

with regards to Clack and FCA...we tried to start hosting some videos...BUT we discovered that it takes too much time to upload files with our outmoded computers...so we have decided to only host our favorite videos of the songs from each concert... and also videos of special memories. We won;t be able to put these up in a timely fashion ...again, blame it on our slow uploads, but we will try to have some videos up for you.

SO BIG THANKS to Evangeline, gonzofan and Kcclaymate for keeping the clack flowing... for all of us!!!!!

Ansa, my heart was in my throat there for a moment when I started to read your post about ATCA - I was afraid it was going away like Airplay Central. Instead we get the very happy news about faster access. Awhooo Hoooo! It's was very frustrating to see Clack alerts at the CH, and then have to wait for the clips to be available, sometimes days later, at ATCA. I consider that site to be a huge public service to the Clay Nation, and have been donating regularly.

In other news, I am finally the proud owner of my very own "Clay A(sqiggle)", as my Easton Press Learning to Sing was delivered today, complete with a Certificate of Authenticity. The actual signature looks like it was done in blue ballpoint pin.

It's not:

Bottle Cap

Use Your Voice

Clay A(squiggle)

- like some people received (cough*the admin formerly known as couchtomato*cough), but at least it's also not:

Bottle Cap

SHUT.UP.ALREADY.

Everyone at FCA

And, yes, this is the fourth version of the book I have purchased: The hardcover and CD from Amazon, the hardcover from Target because the Amazon order didn't come promptly and I had to have it right away, and now the $84.00 leatherbound version. I won't even pretend I'm hesitating about buying at least one paperback copy when that comes out in November. All those copies, and I've only read and listened to the darn thing once.

Washington Post is going to do an online interview on Monday. You can read the article here.

UNICEF Ambassador

Clay Aiken

National Spokesperson, 2005 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Campaign and Recording Artist

Monday, October 31, 2005; 1:00 PM

Clay Aiken, national spokesperson for the 2005 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF campaign and "American Idol" finalist and multiplatinum recording artist, will be online Monday, Oct. 31, at 1 p.m. ET for a special AUDIO discussion about this year's fundraising program.

United States Fund for UNICEF

Submitt your questions and comments before or during the discussion. An AUDIO link will be provided for listening upon its conclusion. There will be no transcript of the discussion.

Last March, Aiken traveled to the tsunami stricken region of Indonesia where he visited many affected children at schools and shelters. Most recently, he visited Uganda where a civil war has been raging since 1988 and more than 20,000 children have been abducted to be used as combatants or sex slaves. And he has taken his mission to help and protect vulnerable children to the U.S. Congress where he challenged the nation's leaders to keep their commitment to these children.

Editor's Note: Washingtonpost.com moderators retain editorial control over Live Online discussions and choose the most relevant questions for guests and hosts; guests and hosts can decline to answer questions.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN AND ALMOST JNT05!

Yes, Christmas is coming quickly on the heels of Halloween this year, but don't despair. The haunted house atmosphere you spent so much time creating for Halloween can easily be extended into the Christmas season. Just exchange the witch's pointy black hat for a jaunty red Santa's hat, and replace the cider in her cauldron with eggnog. Her black cat will look quite fetching in his lovely red velvet bow. Slap a pair of earmuffs and some skates on Frankenstein, and he's good to go

Why not add some shiny holiday ribbons and bows to the mummy's plain white wrappings? The skeleton will be very festive draped with garlands, and if you're feeling particularly whimsical, you can place a couple of ornaments in the eye sockets, and perhaps a sprig of mistletoe between his teeth. A sprinkling of red and green glitter will make the spiders sparkle as they scuttle around in the twinkling lights. Don't forget the bats' roost - toss some tinsel up there!

If you have the patience, there's no reason the Wolfman can't be taught to bark along with the classic all-dog rendition of "Jingle Bells". [A word of advice - add some jingle bells to Wolfie's collar; he tends to try to stalk and eat the reindeer.] A few tucks here and there along with the addition of a top hat will transform a ghost into Frosty - he can even hold the witch's broom! Take the time to reassure Dracula that he remains dead sexy, even if he's wearing an elf's pointy hat and jingle bell shoes. If you promise Vlad an extra pint or two of O+, he might let you display your collection of Clay Christmas pins on his waistcoat.

Finally, those haunted house sounds can be useful background cover for you while you listen to the cellcert. Any moaning noises can be blamed on the ghouls on the CD.