#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Bottlecap - loved your post. I know where you can get a great purse, for about $15 hee. And you probably won't have to worry about the clerk because you won't be able to find one.

I just want an album. I don't care what's on the album so I'm not going to angst about it if I can help it. I would prefer Clay to have all original songs but I have no idea whether Clay and Clive are fighting or who wants what on the album. Shrug. But I'd rather read about the album woes rather than agnst over the tabloid stuff.

Broads are reporting that Clay is in HI. I hope it's true. I hope he is enjoying the sun and just getting away from it all.

Well, after seeing the Pro-Bowl / Hawaii post elsewhere, I went scrambling around trying to find some more details about who's singing the National Anthem and whatnot. (WTF! How does ESPN.com know what my name is, btw? I mean, I am a good and loyal American. Warm waves to the NSA watchers! Woo Hoo for the Patriot Act!)

Anyway, I couldn't find anything about the Pro Bowl performances, but I did find this schedule of activities on NFL.com. Tonight, Clay could be attending a concert featuring Camille from AI3! Sounds like fun! :rolleyes:

Well, after seeing the Pro-Bowl / Hawaii post elsewhere, I went scrambling around trying to find some more details about who's singing the National Anthem and whatnot.  (WTF!  How does ESPN.com know what my name is, btw?  I mean, I am a good and loyal American.  Warm waves to the NSA watchers! Woo Hoo for the Patriot Act!)

Anyway, I couldn't find anything about the Pro Bowl performances, but I did find this schedule of activities on NFL.com.  Tonight, Clay could be attending a concert featuring Camille from AI3!  Sounds like fun!  :rolleyes:

Oh GAWD I hope not Bottlecap...he would have to be holding on to his seat so tightly everytime she goes off key...she is defintely not my idea for a relaxzing evening...hee

Actually, I don't find it totally far-fetched. AI3 was the season where Clay was hanging around so much backstage, at least early on. Remember the On Air interview before the IT started when Clay dissed one of the preliminary groups for being poor performers? Clay and Camille could be pals, I tell ya! :P

Actually, I don't find it totally far-fetched.  AI3 was the season where Clay was hanging around so much backstage, at least early on.  Remember the On Air interview before the IT started when Clay dissed one of the preliminary groups for being poor performers?  Clay and Camille could be pals, I tell ya!  :P

Ah well she is kinda cute...but he would have to use indutrial strength earplugs...

Morning friends,

I hope everybody is okay up North (with all the snow that dropped out of the skies, you would think it was the beginning of JFN2 again). I know I should not complain with everything that is happening "up yonder", but it is downright COLD down here (for us that is) in Georgia.

I am digressing again on what I wanted to say: Did anybody see Fashion Week pictures. They are under Yahoo (just point and click). On the womens side, they are bringing back leggings (UHG, not good for a wide *$% girl). But on the men's side, all I could think about when they showed the pea coats, jeans, suits, wide ties (not so great, but doable, by Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, and a favorite, Kenneth Cole, etc), checkered sweaters and bucket hats that a certain redhead, freckled face man :P would look SO GOOD IN oh my, oh my (fanning self), and they say that OMC has no fashion sense (phooey :angry: ) Ya'll really need to look at some of these pictures and see what you think.

G

Edited by georgiaclay

Hey, georgiaclay! Since you brought up mens' fashions, I thought I'd take a swing by the Paul Smith site to see what the Aiken's favorite UK designer has been up to. Umm, lots of white / cream colored suits that look awkwardly fitted, boldly patterned dress shirts, and Good Lord & Taylor, an absolutely scary pair of floral print pants. (See pictures 29 & 30) Even the ties are excessively ugly this season. Clay does have my permission to continue to wear Paul Smith socks, though. :P

I went to the site and all I can say is OMG, please don't let Clay near any of those horrible suits, ties, and shirts. Even the bucket hats are a frightful mess. Let's all get a prayer chain going so OMC does not even go there with those fashions :D .

The socks will do though, but those butt ugly too tight suits (ugh) have got to go.

That is my two cents worth. :P Have a great day.

G

Georgiaclay...I think you better get used to those clothes...Rumor has it that Clay was in England and he may have visited his favorite designer...

I think what sweird are the cominations but i saw a lot of cute outfits there.

Maybe's it's the full moon effect again, but after wandering around various outposts of the Clay Nation this afternoon, I get the impression that the Nation is all geared up for a fight, and since the tabloids don't offer a tangible target, RCA and Clive are looking like a tempting replacement. Whatever happened to the idea that we aren't Clay's collective mother, and that we don't need to fight his battles (assuming there even is one) for him? :blink:

Just feeling a little grumpy, I guess. Maybe I'll move onto watching the AI2 Top 10 episode, so y'all will have my insightful and profound recap to look forward to. Hey, stopping rolling your eyes at me! :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to the idea that we aren't Clay's collective mother, and that we don't need to fight his battles (assuming there even is one) for him?  :blink: 

Ah, but...IMO...the training started with AI2. The fans had to vote, VOTE, VOTE to keep him in the show. Then, when he didn't get the title, we had to buy, BUY, BUY to prove that people wanted him around. I have a theory that these fighting skills never truly went away, they just lay dormant for a while.

But then, the tabloid thing happened...but there was nothing to really do about it. At the same time though, the hurt/anger was there, festering inside several. When the "info" about the CD came out -- a ha! Something to rally against! The evil Clive Davis.

*shrug*

I don't feel it either. I'm not his mother. He's a man. If a mistake is made, either on Clay's end or because RCA messes it up, he'll deal. Honestly, he will. He'll pick himself up, dust himself off, and start all over again. He won't leave.

Whatever happened to the idea that we aren't Clay's collective mother, and that we don't need to fight his battles (assuming there even is one) for him?  :blink: 

Ah, but...IMO...the training started with AI2. The fans had to vote, VOTE, VOTE to keep him in the show. Then, when he didn't get the title, we had to buy, BUY, BUY to prove that people wanted him around. I have a theory that these fighting skills never truly went away, they just lay dormant for a while.

But then, the tabloid thing happened...but there was nothing to really do about it. At the same time though, the hurt/anger was there, festering inside several. When the "info" about the CD came out -- a ha! Something to rally against! The evil Clive Davis.

*shrug*

I don't feel it either. I'm not his mother. He's a man. If a mistake is made, either on Clay's end or because RCA messes it up, he'll deal. Honestly, he will. He'll pick himself up, dust himself off, and start all over again. He won't leave.

Ding! ding! ding!

WORD

It can really be tiring. I have a feeling people think we are at the sprint to get to superstardom. But I rather see this as a marathon, you have to know when to go slow and reserve your energy for the end of the race...and you have a chance to recover...you fall back...but you can get second wind. People are still so paranoid that we will lose him so they think everything has to be just perfect. The fact is...if you look at Clay in the context of the entertainment industry, he already has a very remarkable trajectory.

Also...I know RCA is not infallible...but they have a lot of experience...and a lot more info on the fandom and the market. I won't jump to the conclusion that they don't know anything.

We don't even know the whole situation yet. I would rather wait to see if clay actually need some help. He has the blog...he can communicate with us directly. If he needs our support on something then he can let us know. Without that, i think we could just wait and see.

Ansa -- thanks. There is NO WAY Clay is going to have things perfectly in his career, and I really do think that so many people want "Prince Clay" to have things just so. It's something the fans are going to have to learn.

I forgot in my earlier post...back to something from Friday/Saturday.

If Flavor Flav can have "Flavor of Love," I definitely think that Clay could have "Aiken for Love." One representative from each Clay Aiken fan board would be selected to live in the mansion with Clay (and yes, I'd include the ClayDawgs. *g*). One person a week would go through several tests -- the Faye test, the JFL test, the Nick test, the John D test, the "can you handle the media pressure test" and so on. By the end of 26 weeks (hey, there's a LOT of Clay boards out there, it'd take a WHILE), Clay's new best friend/partner/lover would be picked. I'd bet my money on the FCA board, whose representative, Couchie, would make Clay so ding-danged happy. :D

That's a good idea, ldyjocelyn, but considering Clay's rumored....stamina...I think couchie will need help.  I volunteer.

Hey, I think we've got a lot of potential bench strength here at the FCA, so don't be greedy, y'all.

Would the John D. part of the test involve letting him change the color of the candidate's hair every couple of days? I might be willing to let him give me extensions, but I don't know if my mane could take a bunch of products and flat-ironing.... :P

No board people please, only crazies post on message boards. Nope, must not be a fan.

Well, crap. I was all ready to submit my application, with details of my "dream" date. How about a three day krispy kreme and sprite fueled bender where Clay and I relentlessly torment Kelly about her Grammy dress nip slip, keep sending Nick out to the grocery store to track down exotic flavors of Hot Pockets ("Macaroni and kumquat, dude - I swear I've seen them at the Piggly Wiggly), post rumors at the Guarainacs website ("Justin will be appearing at Berneke's Supper Club in Kalamazoo on the 18th of February"), and get Clay's friend Jimmy to does his Jay Leno impression on Conan's voicemail ("Hey, this is Jay. I've thought it over, and I've changed my mind. Not only I am not retiring, I've convinced NBC to expanded The Tonight Show to two hours. Sorry, buddy. I guess you're out of luck.")

No? Oh, well.... :(

No board people please, only crazies post on message boards. Nope, must not be a fan. Perhaps if we go to Mongolia, before the polka album is released, we can find some women who don't know about Clay.

Aw man, you're no fun. :P

Hey, wait a minute...I post on fanboards. Are you implying that I'm crazy? :D

Seriously, I think this would be good to use fans...the catfights alone would make it wildly entertaining. Blinkie hearts being ripped off heads, rainbow pins being stomped on, angel wings being torn to shreds, "Where's Waldo?" books being burned...hee. And in the corner would be couchie and her buddy kandre, watching the entire proceedings. (Although I would watch out for kandre, she likes to stomp in her stillettos...)

Wonder what John d. would do to my mess of hair!!

As long as he doesn't put lotion on it, he'll do wonderfully. *g*

I was all ready to submit my application, with details of my "dream" date.  How about a three day krispy kreme and sprite fueled bender where Clay and I relentlessly torment Kelly about her Grammy dress nip slip, keep sending Nick out to the grocery store to track down exotic flavors of Hot Pockets ("Macaroni and kumquat, dude - I swear I've seen them at the Piggly Wiggly), post rumors at the Guarainacs website ("Justin will be appearing at Berneke's Supper Club in Kalamazoo on the 18th of February"), and get Clay's friend Jimmy to does his Jay Leno impression on Conan's voicemail ("Hey, this is Jay.  I've thought it over, and I've changed my mind.  Not only I am not retiring, I've convinced NBC to expanded The Tonight Show to two hours.  Sorry, buddy.  I guess you're out of luck.")

No?  Oh, well....

BWAH!!!!!!

Billboard has an article about Barry Manilow and Clive starting to work on the Sixties songs follow-up to Barry's Fifties album. The article may be of interest in and of itself, as the boards have been discussing the relationship between Barry's relative success with his covers album and how it may impact the content of Clay's CD.

Anyway, I chuckled at this quote from Barry at the end of the article:

"I'm a media slut right now," he quips. "Don't be surprised if you find me on the Weather Channel."

Aww, that really makes me hope to see our boyfriend out of hibernation soon, ho'ing his own fine self around to all the happenin' media outlets. :) (Just hope that the PR and legal people do some smoothing of the way, so that the tabloid crap doesn't dominate every conversation.)

Good morning,

Just lurking for now, really nothing on my mind. Can I join in on the craziness??? John D would have a time with my wavy, chemically challanged hair (to many chemicals at one time- color and foil).

I am up for the challange. I would also love to visit Clayland, at least for the day (want to get a lottery up, to see who wins??? Closest one to CD release date gets the prize). Bottlecap, there are also penguins thrown into the mixture for us penguin lovers (sorry no giraffes). :P

Kandre, I am seriously worried about them stilleto's. They should be registered as a lethal weapon (may be you can use them on tabloid reports!! Would pay to see that).

Well I guess I am through, will go back to the land of lurk.

G

One more thing,

I just rewatched the Diane Sawyer interview from a few years ago, I now realize that I need to go back and rewatch some old stuff. Clay is so purty, especially in blue, gray, black (any color actually) turtlenecks, long coats, dress shirt and tie, etc. I wonder what kind of PJ's he wears?? (Cold shower time). :P

G