#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

I don't believe half the shit his friends and aunties told us to do and I'm going to believe a fan? We're supposed to do what exactly, call RCA? Picket? No, I think I'll just do what I intend to do - buy Clay's CD. If he's not happy about it he'll survive it. I don't see Clay as some wimpy guy that needs all his mamas to fight his battles. OFC is just a haven for famehos. I go there to read Clay's blogs and then I sign out. I'm not interested in anybody elses' agendas.

Clay needs to do a better job of sending messages. Give me somebody I can trust and with a track record.

Just a minute - was Michael Buble on the Dancing with the Stars results show?? I didn't tape it because that's usually the most boring thing ever. I love Michael Buble!

However, I maintain I am neither a Bublehead, nor a Claymate....

However, I maintain I am neither a Bublehead, nor a Claymate....

Methinks thou doth protest too much.... <_<

Maybe I'll make a few inquiries about the course of action I'm supposed to take. Boycott the new CD? Buy it but don't open it? Open it,but don't enjoy listening to it? Play the crap out of it 24 /7, but don't admit that I love it? I definitely need some clarification here. :blink:

Two weekends ago we had the DualDisc news, and last weekend we had the EW blurb to chew over. I thought maybe we'd get a new morsel this weekend, but nothing so far that I can see. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Here's what I don't get about the angst about the new album: let's say it is Barry Manilow Redux entirely on the album. AND -- it's something that Clay will put on a public face and say "it's wonderful" when he really hates the fact that he had to do this. Worst case scenario for many of the fans.

But in the end, only one thing matters -- sales. If the sales are there (and I really believe they will), he'll get a chance for ANOTHER album. He'll have learned a lesson in dealing with record companies, and then he'll try again with ANOTHER album. If the album ISN'T what I've speculated above...he'll still get ANOTHER album.

The feeling of doom and gloom I get is the fact that some want him to be the biggest rock star in the world RIGHT THIS SECOND. As much as it has been 3 years since MoAM, he's really still fairly new in the business. To create a career in the business, he's got to go through a learning process, and he'll get there. I know he will.

Another thing that I've read on a blog or two -- that Clay, being 27 years old, "doesn't have a very long window in order to record that rock album and get the kids his age." I call BS on that...and I also call it reverse age discrimination. That's putting Clay in a box as much as putting all Clay fans into the middle-aged housewife box. I don't see why Clay can't put out a rocking album when he's 35 or 40 years old. I suppose the fear is the AI/karaoke/crooner stigma if he does ballads now, but again, I just don't worry about that. Maybe I'm a pessimist in that regard, but he's always going to have that. Always. He could record the Rolling Stones and he'd still be called a crooner, IMO. YMMV.

skatejoy, I'm neither a Bublehead or a Claymate...but I'm a fan of both too. Sad I missed Buble on DWTS.

Gosh I feel like I do my best writing early in the morning after only 1 cup of coffee. Go me!

Edited by ldyjocelyn

OK, I just had an interesting discussion with a mod on a board, she is being pressured not to be even handed by the other mods- of course I cannot reveal this information -nayh, nyah, nyah - I know something you don't know. I can be like all the others and have my little follwers now - bow down people, I know stuff, you have to trust me, I do.

I found out the youtube issue - they are now deleting anything to do with AI - not the Letterman stuff or any other TV show. I guess they got contacted. However, up to 100 MB of fan video can be supported there and not be deleted. Well, that is the way it goes.

It is a nice quiet calm day - has anyone applied for the free downloads becasue of the RCA/Sony software screw up?

playbiller, it makes sense that the youtube.com thing could be an AI / Fox issue. I think some of the other Idol sites that used to put up video for downloads have gotten dinged in the past and have had to stop posting them. I feel bad that you put so much work into doing the downloading, only to have the stuff get pulled.

ldyjocelyn, I know you are right. The sales will be there for Clay. RCA will do an extensive promotional blitz (ala what Barry got), Clive will publicly give Clay his props, and the Vox will sound great. Of this I am sure. The content of the CD - who knows? (Besides all those on the boards who "know" or "know someone who knows" or would like to imply that they know, you know? ;) ) I am beginning to wonder if this CD stuff is all the biggest case of mis-direction since the planning of the D-Day Invasion. OMG, it really is Mongolian polka after all, isn't it? :o

KAndre looks at the "mood" on the "boards" and decides this calls for her goth/rhinestone outfit....

Crap.

Crap. Crappity crap crap crap.

I am depressed.

Oh so depressed.

No one has ever been depressed as moi

I am just full of deep dark depressing stuff

(Don't criticize...this is deep dark emo poetry...if you were like kewl and high schooly you would get it)

I hold a black rose up to one eyeball

It looks back at me because it's Clay's heart

Which is crushed

because you non goth/rhinestone people

Will purchase his CD

making him even more stinkin' rich

Without writing tortured poetry about

how you really know how tortured he is

(yeah, I used tortured twice because the dictionary is in the living room and that's too far to walk in my tortured state)

And just, like, ENJOY it...

Well i shall make up for you!

You don't know mongolian polka

Like I know mongolian polka!

~fini~

I oughta post that in somebody's blog. Only the next thing I know, somebody'll publish it! And not pay me! So I shall just let you enjoy it.

Dark, dull, dreary writing that expresses the existential blackness that is my innermost being? Kewl! I wanna play!

A plan thwarted.

A vision denied.

A voice silenced.

A fanbase left bereft.

A lonely, white-clad angel weeps in despair, as an evil corpse in an expensive suit laughs in triumph.

Barry gets another face lift.

All is darkness and decay.

A cat licks a ferret.

<Cough>

Just be glad I didn't post the potentially offensive sketch I had outlined that describes the last day of a commando Claymate as she prepares to carry out her plans to smite one of Clay's enemies. <_<

Edited by bottlecap

BWAH!!! Bottlecap and Kandre...dreary as dreary get...

but what about an ode to the relentless happy happy people that is aiding the cause the the dark one...can't they be immortalized in some sonnet?

sigh creative juices are blocked by eternal sunshine...I am defeated... B)

Your wish is my command, you kooky Canadian.

Bunnies, pixies, and sunshine.

Daisies and downy ducklings.

Clay can sing the phonebook and I'll buy it.

Careful what you wish for clueless Clayfans.

Clive may give it to you.  :blink:

hmmm...maybe the chinese take out menu would be better... ;)

hmmm...maybe the chinese take out menu would be better...

Oh, is that another hint about the album content? Are mash-ups still hot?

I Survived Szechuan Shrimp

Mary Did You Kung Pao

Merry Christmas, with Broccoli

Peapod Day

Lo Mein Me Up

Sweet & Sour Bells

Back for More in an Hour, Because I'll be Hungry Again

Tea Pots Run Dry

Dim Sum Believer

Rockin' Rameen

Just Tofu

Happy Family Together

Happy Birthday

To one of the funniest bottlecaps that has ever posted on FCA. May no bottleopeners cross your path today. Here's hoping everyone drinks out of cans.

Best wishes for a great day.

Too bad we don't have a list where everyone who is having a birthday gets a greeting from Clay. It could be like the list where the prez sends greetings to those reaching 100.

Thanks for the thoughts, y'all. Having turned 12 cough*31 times*ckoke, you think I'd be getting good at it by now.

Too bad we don't have a list where everyone who is having a birthday gets a greeting from Clay. It could be like the list where the prez sends greetings to those reaching 100.

I know! Alas, when I got home from church, my OFC e-mail was sadly empty, and there were no messages on my answering machine. Maybe Clay's on the West Coast, and he hasn't gotten out of bed yet. I'll keep checking that e-mail box. Refresh, refresh, refresh.

In the meantime, I'm now old, and need to take a mid-afternoon nap. :blink: I might pull myself together in time to watch the AI2 Top 9 Disco performances. I have heard rumors about there being some PANTS in the episode that are worthy of special attention.

Edited by bottlecap