#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

I put up some new wallpaper I had made and not uploaded, so here's the link:

http://bestofclay.com/gallery/newest1024

I'm too lazy to link each new one individually, at least right now. *G* I'm really looking forward to the concerts and new pictures ::hint hint:: ;-)

You know, I think he's leaning back in that picture because if he tried to sit up straight he'd be permanently injured, if you know what I mean.  :D

BWAH!!! You're right... and we all know that Clay has said he wants to have children, so... :D

Guest huskerfalcon

He was so purdy then.. and now in this TVG shoot... he's a man, and just totally GAH... but all in all, he's such a chameleon. (does this sentence even make sense? :blink: )

I can't believe this week is finally here!

Edited by huskerfalcon

Bottlecap For the last 6 months I've been saying i need to clear space on my hard drive.... did I do it? NO! I guess I have a few more days to clean up my house.

I'm really pathetic. I don't want to wait until end of August to see Clay. That seems SO far away. But it just doesn't make sense to fly east twice in 30 days time. Sigh. I'll be good. I'll be good.

Yeah, I'm trying hard to figure out a "sane" way to explain to friends and family two plane trips in 30 days. They aren't long plane trips, and with the price of gas, flying is actually very economical. Still - I look insane. Sigh.

Yeah, I'm trying hard to figure out a "sane" way to explain to friends and family two plane trips in 30 days.  They aren't long plane trips, and with the price of gas, flying is actually very economical.  Still - I look insane.  Sigh.

Yeah, I stupidly mentioned to my co-worker that I was flying to Buffalo for the weekend. His response.... "voluntarily?"

But I am getting a tiny weensy bit excited for my first concert. :)

Yeah, I'm trying hard to figure out a "sane" way to explain to friends and family two plane trips in 30 days.  They aren't long plane trips, and with the price of gas, flying is actually very economical.  Still - I look insane.  Sigh.

Yeah, I stupidly mentioned to my co-worker that I was flying to Buffalo for the weekend. His response.... "voluntarily?"

But I am getting a tiny weensy bit excited for my first concert. :)

EEEeeee! Me too! Even though I have to take TWO planes to get there. Why are there no direct flights from Indiana to Buffalo?? I'm getting excited and a wee bit nervous... I don't fly well, and I still have a lingering sinus problem from last week. So when ShelleyC picks me up at the airport on Friday, it could be with assistance. Heh. I even looked up the weather in Buffalo...in the 80's! much better than it is HERE today, which is just a few degrees short of you-know-where, only much more humid, I think. This is INDIANA, it's not supposed to be over 100 degrees!

Clear space on one's hard drive? One can actually clear space on a hard drive? What a concept!

Not that I plan on doing that as long as I can continue to daisy chain USB 160 GB La Cies! That's perfectly normal. Really. Though I am tempted by the 250 GB Firewire.

Eeee! Some of the Uganda stuff is starting to trickle out...UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken Returns from Northern Uganda's Conflict Affected Districts...

and his tour has made Web India!!

Clear space on one's hard drive?  One can actually clear space on a hard drive?  What a concept!

Let me enlighten you. It takes real skill to prepare the hard drive for a Clay Aiken onslaught of clack. Before I bought my new computer ...I had maybe a 3 GB hard drive. Yeah...I'll let the laughter die down. So first thing you take out is stupid crap that is meaningless to you. Old work files for companies you no longer work for. Old spreadsheets that contain your personal bills and payment schedules. You know..useless crap. Once that's all gone, you start taking out programs that mean absolutely nothing to you. Programs you haven't used in the 4 years you had the computer. Next, you start taking out kind of fun stuff that you don't play that much and won't miss like "You Dont Know Jack" and the first few versions of Adobe something or other. And do I really need that Power Point? OK, so now things start to get tricky. Because basically you're getting down to clack and you don't want to erase that.

So you start looking at what Clack you already have saved on disc somewhere and you delete that. That's an ugly picture, don't need that. Oops got AI2 on tape anyway...DELETE. And you also stem the tide by saving stuff to discs and deleting..... when you get to the point where you delete so much that your anti-virus doesn't work and you get all kind of "that program is missing, put in your windows installation discs to find" messages when you reboot it's time to buy a new computer!! And then after a year you'll discover the process begins again!

I know the feeling. I bought a new laptop in January and already had to do a big clean off. The 250 GB external hard drive helps though. I have a feeling that within the year the "stackable" feature of the hard drive will become more useful.

I use to have a laptop & 2 external harddrives that totaled 200GB. Last March I bought a new desktop computer with 500 GB & I'm still using the externals for a total of 700GB. The big question is how long before I fill these puppies up. Hee I love Clack way tooooo much. ;)

I'm glad to see the Uganda info beginning to trickle out. It must have really been hard for Clay to see the children suffering at the hands of other people. The trip to Banda Aceh had to have been so much easier to comprehend. In Banda Aceh people were working together & they had hope. I would imagine the children in Uganda have little hope. It had to have been gut wrenching for Clay.

On to happier thoughts. The tour starts in ~76 hours! EEEEEEEEEEEE!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Possible new song courtesy of the CB and CH:

BACK FOR MORE (Title Code: 321596690)

Writers:

DANE ANTHONY DEVILLER

KIPNER STEPHEN ALAN

SEAN HOSEIN

Performers:

CLAY AIKEN

Variations:

(none found)

Publishers/Administrators:

SONIC GRAFFITI

% EMI APRIL MUSIC INC

C/O EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING

810 SEVENTH AVE

NEW YORK , NY, 10019

Tel. (212) 830-2036

ASCAP website

No variations! Does this mean an ORIGINAL that no freakin' brit boy band did first? YAY!

As for hard drive space, my problem is that I'm actually using one of the external hard drive as backup for the other because I think I tried that "deletion of clack" you mentioned, and I vaguely remember awakening after my brain rebooted. So if I downloaded it once, I've got it on a hard drive, a back-up hard drive and back-up DVDs. No, I don't have issues!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Possible new song courtesy of the CB and CH:

BACK FOR MORE      (Title Code: 321596690) 

Writers:

DANE ANTHONY DEVILLER

KIPNER STEPHEN ALAN

SEAN HOSEIN

Performers:

CLAY AIKEN

Oh nifty! I do have one thing to say though... please please please don't let this be the first single in the same vein as "Backstreet's back! Alright!"... hee hee hee. ;-) Let it be about anything else...

Short Clay blog entry on the OFC....

He says he is excited about the tour, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

I am so excited too...

just to remind people we will be following the concert on Thursday...making commentaries in the Tour thread and make reporst on the cellstream. We are also asking people to share their experiences in the tour recap thread...

In just a few short days I'll be watching the Pasty One perform live! I am getting so fangurly again. I just can't wait.

I read Clay is not selling as well as he did last year (not that he's selling badly) but I want to get a good seat. But frickin TomsRiver is price gouging something horrid. To get a good seat they now want you to basically purchase the tix, a premium upgrade, general admission into TomsRiverfest AND a fast pass something or another. I'm going to be there the whole 4 days, so it is really racking up the charges. Bastards.

Edited by S.O.L.

The Toms River guy came from Musikfest where last year he cut his teeth on price gouging Clay fans. Thus the drop in attendance for Clay at Musikfest this year.

I'm guessing this week's Friday afternoon beer and cynicism meeting will be cancelled and replaced with champagne for all (or coffee for those who slept on the streets on NYC for GMA and are heading up to Mohegan Sun).

Well, I must really know how to pick them. I went to Musikfest last year and I am going to Tom's River this year.

I was luck with Musikfest as other people always bought the tickets adn I was in the group that lucked out last year and got 6 row.

So this year, my sister and I were talking about getting the sponsor tickets to Toms River and I just decided it was too much money. We were going to have to stay in line to get good seats, but TRfest screwed up my tickets and to respond to the anger I vented at them, they upgraded me to supporter, so I am happy. It did not hurt that the person I talked to was from my home town and lives just down the street from me.

SO the only line I should have to wait on is GMA - anyone else waiting there this year?

New music, and a new tour book with purty pictures - Awhoo Hooo!

I remember paging through the first scans of the NAT Tour book, and actually losing my ability to breathe when I saw the Tux in the Grass picture. Based on the quality of what we've already seen on the OFC, I'm not sure sure if any of the Colorado pictures, which I'm assuming would be used in the Jukebox Tour Book, are likely to elict the same response. Here's hoping, though!

New music, and a new tour book with purty pictures - Awhoo Hooo!

I remember paging through the first scans of the NAT Tour book, and actually losing my ability to breathe when I saw the Tux in the Grass picture.  Based on the quality of what we've already seen on the OFC, I'm not sure sure if any of the Colorado pictures, which I'm assuming would be used in the Jukebox Tour Book, are likely to elict the same response.  Here's hoping, though!

I agree, hope we get some pretty, pretty pictures. Although there is just one picture in the OFC that I didn;t like. Still love the poster...so I am truly psyched. I'm telling myself that they probably reserved the best JBT pictures for the program. *crosses fingers and toes*

I was just thinking of the merchandise today. A new keychain (to fall apart in two weeks, just like the others), new t-shirts and goodness knows what else. Bets on there being a pin?

I was just thinking of the merchandise today.  A new keychain (to fall apart in two weeks, just like the others), new t-shirts and goodness knows what else.  Bets on there being a pin?

<_< Hmmm an Official Clay AIken Pin...I wonder if they can do it better than the fans design...they should just have a clay aiken pin bag... or Clay caps to put the pins on.

I was just thinking of the merchandise today.  A new keychain (to fall apart in two weeks, just like the others), new t-shirts and goodness knows what else.  Bets on there being a pin?

My keychain is still going strong after 8 months almost... you must've gotten a bad one... or you whack yours around more! ;-)

Aw, Clay did update his blog again - he wants to know who's coming to GMA!

Here are some screencaps from the Access Hollywood preview (not sure where they came from originally, but I got them on CH):

Clay looking mighty fine while rehearsing

More Clay rehearsing - is that a LEISURE SUIT!? BWAH!!!

Clay talking to the reporter

Here is a description of the Showbiz Tonight interview:

Just saw it! He was great. He said they had an independent auditor announce that they spend .85 cent of every dollar on their charity!!!! He said it's probably true that BAF only spends 1/3 on grants because that is not their main focus. He said they (his critics) failed to take into account the Camps, Able to Serve scholarships, etc! He looked great.

Angela, Quina and Jacob were with him and all decked out in very unusual costumes or something. They said he will be doing Barry Manilow, Bee Gees, Sam Cook on his tour and said he is still as popular as ever.

Then some yahoo came on and said that chartiable contributions to celebrity foundations are a terrible waste of money because they always fizzle outl

Clay said he was very disappointed in the reports because he's trying to do so much good. He said it's unfortunate that people are only interested in the sensational.

He said BAF raised more money in the last 5 days than they have in the last 2 months.