#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

KCE was caught cheating by who..other idol fans or somebody important.

Can't think of anything past infinity plus one... but whatever it is, that's me!!

So I finally bought 2 jukebox tshirts. I remember during the tour I couldn't remember which ugly shirt to buy. So now I'll have two of them!!

So I spent a little time youtubing this afternoon. What an easy way to get some nice hits of Clack without having to get up off my couch and shuffle through DVDs. I watched WRAL's tour of the LA house Clay shared with Kim. Hee. We'll never get another inside look like that again (not that I want to at this point). And I agree, Clay - you had a heck of a lot of shoes! And isn't that RBC picture courtesy of the talented skatejoy? Tres cool.

I also watched the Rolling Stone cover shoot video. It's no wonder Clay doesn't like doing those. He had to get twisted into unnatural looking positions and endure the constant flashes, all the while keeping a smile plastered on his face. Shoe-throwing inducing, indeed. Of course, I think it was worth it in the end in order to get that kinda nice cover shot. B)

I think that picture was Buzztechies...but it is great to be able to watch all these old videos. I may check it out...but if you need WMP to play then I can;t used it cos my wmp is weird right now.

so the Olympics is done...happy that Canada got 24 medals. Thrilled to watch some emotional gold medal wins...but next week will be really empty...except for kids being home for winter break...

so I pray for news to come soon...Clay blog or press release...PUHLEEEEEZE :wacko:

oops...we are almost at 80 pages of this thread...YAY...

so can people give suggestion for our next thread title..you can put it on your post or pm me or Couchie...

Thanks... B)

About KCE - sorry if it came across as something more than I meant - only meant at one point they were voting on any poll on the internet not to bolster Kelly but to put down all other idols. They strategized and bragged about it at KCE. On Promosquad in the past you could enter comments about artists. They claimed they put in comments about hating AI artists and marked every one else low "except for Kelly". When I rate artists on Promosquad, I try to give what I think are sincere comments and frankly rate many of the AIers well. Anyway that is what got me started at Promosquad.

I want to keep this a fun thread so should not have mentioned this in the first place.

Edited by ivy

The Promosquad discussions are making me smile. The MSNBC list too. It feels like we're gearing up and doing our warmup exercises. I like it!

Guess it's about time I joined Promosquad too. Or maybe it's a rejoin. Isn't it sad that I can't remember? I guess I went to too many sites in 2003 and 2004.

Gee. Wonder why?

I never did join PromoSquad originally -- but joined late last year. I enjoy doing the fametracker thing, and yesterday I discovered I could do FameTracker and rating songs at the same time. Multitasking is my friend.

Are you all members of Rate the Music too? I'm hoping that we'll get samples of Clay's music through that in a few weeks.

Are there other services I should be subscribing?

Okay, you guys convinced me. I joined promosquad this afternoon, and have been listening and rating for about an hour and a half. Nothing too stellar yet. The groups all sound alike, the hip hop chicks are light-weights, and the guurrrl group I'm listening to right now is just trying too hard and lack an adequate edge to their music. How do you manage to keep coming up with comments for all the similiar sounding music? I was just telling my 18-year-old niece this afternoon I was not having much success in my admittedly not very dilligent for some new music that I liked.

I was listening to the hot AC station at work the other day, and the DJ was introducing new music by Kelly Clarkson (Walk Away - the fifth freakin' single from Breakaway.) I am sooooo ready to start getting that thrill of hearing Clay's music on the radio again. I want to start mindlessly EEEEEEing again, even if I'm at work, and have to do it silently. :lol:

Something interesting about PromoSquad, yesterday, I heard some very old (thirties) song - probably Christina A. Today, they had the Three Dog Night doing Joy to the WoOrld - hasn't that song been out for about 30+ years? Then they have som pitiful people doing a Rolling Stones song - it was bad, very bad. Very, very very BAD.

As to the comments, I usually say what I feel and feel what I say. Sometimes it is "get this trash out of here" other times, I speak opf which part I liked.

Yep, did anyone figure he was doing anything other than working hard on the CD? :blink: Still nice to get confirmation, though. There is also a rumour flying around this morning that either EW or ET is going to announce the CD and the single this week. No source, just someone got an email. Grain of salt, and all that. It's like the whole fandom is collectively holding it's breath lately.

Sings: I've got this feeling, that today is the day..... :D

I have never done Rate The Music or Promosquad. It's hard to find two consecutive hours on the computer.....can you stop and then start again, if something comes up? I would like to participate, if I could.

Yeah, the Entertainment Weekly rumor is very weird, because the magazine comes out on Fridays (I get mine in the mail on Saturdays), and the online edition doesn't usually have news like that. I'll certainly keep my eye on it, though. I would think online news about the new CD would be more likely to come through MTV.com or Billboard.com. One of the options on my Yahoo home page was to add news blurbs from MTV, so I try to keep a lookout there.

Hee. I am remembering the frenzy surrounding the press releases for the JNT 2005. William Joseph had a press release about his participation come out early in the day, and then Clay's was posted an hour or so later. Roger, dude, I'm not nagging here, but, buddy, can you spare some time? (Wait, I guess I am nagging... :P )

Promosquad - I just assume you could put as much or as little time into to it as you wanted. I've only done it the one time, so somebody more knowledgeable will have to answer that. I just did it while I was surfing around, minimizing the box while the song was playing, and bringing it back up to input my comments.

I have never done Rate The Music or Promosquad.  It's hard to find two consecutive hours on the computer.....can you stop and then start again, if something comes up?  I would like to participate, if I could.

Promosquad -- you can do that for as little or as long as you want. I spent 20 minutes on it the other day, doing both song ratings and Fametracker. I've noticed with these guys though that they are offering a chance at nice prizes if you rate, say, 500 Fametracker names in a month (in that 20 minutes, I think I did over a hundred), and extra points for rating songs (I think I did 5 songs in that 20 minutes).

Rate the Music -- I signed up with two different email addresses -- one that rates Hot AC songs, and one for top 40. Once a week or so, they send me an email saying there's a new survey up. The surveys themselves take between 10 and 15 minutes. Also, they will send out "special music" projects, which are test releases of songs from new albums. For example, I've already heard bits and pieces of Kim Locke's new album. I'm hoping that they do the same for Clay's stuff soon.

Album news -- I think it will be this week, but I'm betting on tomorrow. Or a blog tonight, and the press release tomorrow. I want to hear some news!

Holy crap - that Fame Gauge thing on promosquad is addictive! I just did a bunch during my lunch hour. I haven't had Clay come up yet, but will promosquad think I'm weird if I rate both Clay and Nine Inch Nails highly, or will they just think I have eclectic tastes? :blink: I did relish the opportunity to rank the annoying Black Eyed Peas and Uncle Kracker very low. Hee.

No kidding! I started after work, and I've been alternating between FameGauge and Rate the Music all evening. I got Clay after about 500 on FameGauge....also had Kim, Ruben, Bo Bice, Fantasia and Carrie. I was kind of suprised to be asked about Elvis Presley and the Beatles, though! :P

Geez, still no news? Refresh, refresh, refresh.

I guess I should learn to be grateful for small favors. Each of the AI5 performance shows tonight and tomorrorw night is only an hour and a half long. A little less suckage that I'll have to sit through this week, as compared to last. (And no, I can't chose not to watch... <_< This one's got me conflicted, seems like I'm addicted, oh no.)

Clay content? Um, Carrie Underwood is scheduled to be on Thursday night's show, so that gets the appearance of one of the past Idols out of the way. Gotta have those May slots open for the most popular AI contestant eva to make a highly-promoted, rawkin', hot, "Bite me Simon" appearance to promote his new album. B)

Morning everyone,

Been lurking in the fandom lately (really had nothing to share), but this morning, a few things came to my mind (which I really have to ask, is there a mind??), but that is another story altogether. I have a few issues that I just need answers to ie: dangerous activities (pin collecting, flying from one venue to another to see ??, LOL) :P

1. Can Fantasia really sing? I know she did very well on Summertime (AI3), but really, I saw (on T.V.) her sing the National Anthem at the Nascar event Sunday (yes Nascar and Clay, my two loves), and OMG, I had to turn down the volume (screeching out the song, actually looking at her). It was more than my little southern heart could stand. I almost dislike Carrie Underwood just as much, not quite, but just as much. I wanted the rocker Bo to win (ah drat).

2. Pin collecting!!!. As I was looking over my pins this morning, after getting some more in the mail (waves at RedJet), I was wondering, :blink:DO WOMEN HAVE MIDLINE CRISIS like men??? If we do, then I am definitely going to through one. It has been going on for about ahhh three years now. I feel like a teenager again!!!. I don't think I had it this bad when I was a teenager. The wonder of it all (Clay) must be worse as we get older.

and last but not least (I know, ya'll are holding your breath!!!, excitement, LOL):

3. Where is Roooobeeen (Ruben, for those who did not watch AI2)????? Did he get lost on the Clay Train???

So much for my rant today (have to watch AI5 tonight and cringe).

G

If I get to have a mid-life crisis, I think I deserve to get the red convertible with the hot blond guy riding in the passenger seat type of deal. :P Fair's fair, after all - what's sauce for the (middle-aged) goose should be sauce for the gander.

I have to admit, I was having one of my "What's wrong with me" moments last night (Shut.up.) about the whole Clay fan thing. I was watching a couple of montages before I went to bed (one pretty, one slightly smutty), and trying to figure out when this little hobby went over the line. Then I decided that it hadn't. I'm spending my time doing something I really enjoy, and the only thing I've really given up is some TV time. So, I don't watch a couple of craptastic sitcoms or a dead guy du jour show - who cares? Clay is much more entertaining. Right? Right? Wait, why are you all scrolling past and shaking your heads in pity?? :rolleyes:

eta: BWAH to playbiller below on number 2 - my thoughts exactly. And EEEEE! - Clay came up on Fame Gauge for me. I whipped that slider over to 100 so fast I'm surprised my cursor didn't go flying off the computer screen altogether. Luckily, I had a few other artists come up that I also really like, so Clay's high score (while he was the only one that got 100 in this session) didn't look so much like an anomoly.

Edited by bottlecap

I love Playbiller's short answers but I will add that I absolutely love Fantasia. She's an acquired taste I know, but for me she has a ton of talent and hasn't even started to reach her potential yet. I think she'll have a long, award winning career. I love her album. And it has covers LOL!

I feel the same way bottlecap. I'm not going to lie I could cut back on a few things but I enjoy it so I won't. All of the latest crap has made me even more supportive if that's possible. I just love his voice - it makes me happy.

ETA: OK i was in my happy place last night. I just want to say to any fan engaging JP in this tabloid crap for whatever reason, I despise you. Have a nice day :->

Well, let me add a little cloud to our sunny day - although after 2 months and a million phone calls, I did get my insurance straightened out by having ahissy fit on the phone and calling back again and again and again. - You really don't want me to go on and it is solved.

OK, our little cloud - Ivy pointed out something to me that I was sort of noticing. This is a youtube thing again. Anyway, I would load out a video and someone would rate it 5 stars and I would come back and someone else would have rated it 1 star. Well, I could care less, but I went to look at a Christmas show video yesterday and it was marked as inaapprpriate material and I had to swear that I was over 18. Ivy said a lot of videos are being rated that way now. No way is Christmas video inappropriate, so --- troll time. Now, I know it is not a Ruben fan, because I put up a video of Clay and mostly Ruben and that got downrated as well, and it was very cute Ruben, so this must be another type of troll. I will keep my eyes on this and let you know if that is the newest trick.

A lot of the old news clips are being loaded now, including ones that go right along with you show discussions. Sorry I have dropped out, but I have been very stressed about the insurance for the last few weeks. For some reason, I am more important to me than Clay.

Edited by playbiller

Ah, hugs to you playbiller - that COBRA situation sucks, and worrying about health care coverage is not a stress anyone needs.

As to the youtube thing - just unbelievably petty on the part of some very juvenile people. You think they could concentrate on celebrating their own singer's highly successful year, instead of regressing back into the fan war crap. I guess it's not so surprising, considering who seems to be neck deep in promoting the tabloid crap. :angry:

So, anyway, another disappointing night for the girls on AI5, I thought. I think we are seeing a real absense of any performing skills in many of the remaining contestants. I wish I could hope for better from the guys to night, but I'm not too optimistic.

In happier news, my boss told me the size of my bonus the other day. :) It has the possibility of funding some nice Clay-related experiences. How about a Las Vegas date on the concert tour? I think I could go for that. Of course, purchasing 7 or 14 or 21 copies of the new CD is my first priority. Just tell me when....