The Texas Two-fer

I'm starting this thread, because I'm planning on attending these shows! Where should someone like me and a few friends (looks at Heid and Claygasm) stay in both Houston and Dallas?

I'm starting this thread, because I'm planning on attending these shows! Where should someone like me and a few friends (looks at Heid and Claygasm) stay in both Houston and Dallas?

There is a group trying to get things together for the Houston to Dallas concerts. :Tour4: We are hoping to get a bus or van to have a party on the way. :TourExcite: We need to get as many people as possible at these concerts since Clay has made the effort to once again do Texas. :allgood: We need to show him that this time the Texas fans, and fans from other States are willing to take the time to come see him there. Heck, I live in Florida and I am going...Kel :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thats a great attitude Kel... I love that kind of spirit.

I think if this fandom put their effort on something positive...some thing great happens.

So far from this board alone I hear a lot of people from out of state are going...

I'm sure the eHP will be ready for this Invasion...hee

:allgood: :Tour3:

CORRECTION:

The first post in this thread had the wrong dates for the concerts. The correct dates are:

Houston - Friday, July 6

Dallas - Saturday, July 7

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

If anyone needs Houston hotel info:

HOUSTON HOTEL INFORMATION!!!

I've been online and on the phone the last hour checking into hotels. Here's the best of the best so far. I suggest 150% the Hyatt. Call by March 31 (only one more week) to get the deal of a lifetime. Or let me know whether you want in for a block of rooms at $89.

2nd best deal, Best Western Medical Center which is 5 minutes from downtown but you can take the rail system to get there quickly and managers special $89.00. Check out below.

Downtown hotels are more expensive than those on the outskirts. I can find more hotels if need be. This is what I've found so far.Mostly I checked downtown, then I stopped when I got the amazing deal from the Hyatt, which is surely a 4 star hotel (don't know for a fact, but it must be).....Jan

HYATT REGENCY HOUSTON

1200 Louisiana Street,

Houston, Texas, USA 77002

Tel: +1 713 654 1234

If you make your room reservations by MARCH 31 (king or double), you get the rate of $79.00. Ask for the TZ Special. Call 1-800-233-1234. THIS IS A REAL DEAL. The Hyatt is a very top notch hotel. Has "The Spindletop" at the top, which is one of those restaurants that revolves so you can see all over the city (Expensive food). Has 1000 rooms and she said 800 are still available. It is 7 blocks from Jones Hall. They have shuttle service, 1st come first serve basis. If you have to drive, there is plenty of parking (cost somewhere around $5-10) at Jones Hall's garage.

ALSO, I can block a number of rooms and get a special rate of $89. 10 rooms, 15 rooms, whatever. HOWEVER, if all the rooms don't fill up, I'm stuck paying for them. So, for those of you who don't want to make room reservations by March 31, this is an option. But I would have to have it written in blood (just kidding) that you want a room so I'd know how many to block. I'd probably tend to block on the low side since I can't afford to be paying $890 for unused rooms in the block!!

Best Western Plaza Hotel & Suites at Medical Center

6700 S Main Street, Houston, TX, 77030, United States

Phone: 713-522-2811

Distance from City Center: 4.51m / 7.26km

Rates From: $91.56

I called this Best Western and they are giving us a discounted rate. The Manager, Pinde, said to call it the Manager's special, and it is $89.00, which includes a deluxe breakfast and free parking (1 car per room). This hotel is about 4-5 miles from downtown, but the rail is right in front of this hotel and will take you downtown for $1/each way. It takes about 5 minutes or so to get there via rail.

Crowne Plaza

1700 Smith Street

HOUSTON, TX 77002 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-713-7398800 | Hotel Fax: 1-713-7397307

Book Online or Call

1 800 864 8165

$110-136

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...tid=169173

Residence Inn-Downtown

904 Dallas St, Houston, TX

(832) 366-1000 - close 0.4 mi S

Downtown - Close to the venue

Don't have prices for them

Hilton Hotels -1600 Lamar, Houston, TX

(713) 739-8000 - c - 0.7 mi SE

From $129

Downtown...Close to the venue

Best Western Downtown Inn & Suites

915 W Dallas Street, Houston, TX, 77019-4739, United States

Phone: 713-571-7733

Distance from City Center: 0.93m / 1.5km

From $129

I called this downtown best western and she told me their cheapest rate is $159. I asked her about the $129 rate I was looking at online, and she said, "Well, you better get it if you can." Rude. She said their rooms are almost full. Its close to the venue.

There are lots of other nearby hotels or at least hotels in driving distance.

Jan

j4clay, welcome, and thanks for pointing out that I have a terrible time keeping dates straight! I've made the correction.

Thanks as well for hotel information!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE! Those sound like some good deals!

j4clay, welcome, and thanks for pointing out that I have a terrible time keeping dates straight! I've made the correction.

Thanks as well for hotel information!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE! Those sound like some good deals!

HEH I was wondering what dates she was talking about...and yes those are great deals!!! I know looking for rooms for Sandiego they tend to go up in August...I guess this is peak season. SO if I was going I would grab those deals...

thanks for the info.

its times like this that I love the fandom... :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3: :TourExcite:

One GREAT ticket for sale for FRISCO FIREWORKS WITH CLAY on JULY 4! :Tour3:

Section 103, ROW A (FIRST ROW!)...I have one ticket left that I bought (and have in my hands) from a broker site before the general sale. This ticket is $35 ($25 + $10 service charge. I'll eat the additional shipping costs.)...according to the box office people this section is the very best for concert viewing! And it's on the first row so nobody will be in your way!

PM me if you're interested. I'll be flying into Frisco on the Fourth (my birthday! :RedGuy: )...and will have the ticket with me. Two other FCAers are sitting with me in this ticket bunch.

THIS TICKET HAS BEEN SOLD! WOO THE HELL HOO!

Edited by muskifest