# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Press Relase for the Kevin Bacon we want Clay to win thingie

Clay Aiken's Charity for Inclusion of Children with Developmental Disabilities to Honor Volunteers

NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Fairfield, NC, United States, 03/25/2007 - Clay Aiken's charity for inclusion of children with developmental disabilities is holding a Gala to honor volunteers and others on March 31st, when Kevin Bacon's SixDegrees.org contest for charities ends — and volunteers want Clay's charity to win.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation (TBAF), Clay Aiken's charity for the inclusion of children with developmental disabilities, is holding a Gala — and the Foundation's organization of volunteers are among the honorees. The TBAF annual Champions of Change Gala, to be held in Raleigh, NC on Saturday, March 31, celebrates people and organizations who have made outstanding efforts to open doors so children with special needs can be included in their communities. The event will feature a special performance by multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken.

On that same evening, Kevin Bacon's SixDegrees.org contest for charities to win $10,000 in matching funds also comes to an end — and hundreds of volunteers are working hard to keep TBAF on the winner's list.

Six of the SixDegrees.org charity badges with the highest number of donations will win a matching fund of up to $10,000 from Kevin Bacon — that could be an extra $10,000 over the $20,000 plus already donated to the TBAF badge. This young Foundation, that is making a difference in the lives of children with and without disabilities through programs of full inclusion, is currently in 2nd place — but anything could happen over the next five days until this challenge ends at midnight on March 31st.

Among Champions of Change honorees at the Gala are TBAF's Voices of Beta Alpha volunteers, who have played an important role in the success of the TBAF Six Degrees charity badge fundraiser. The Bubel/Aiken Foundation's Beta Alpha chapters, established in twenty states and on nine message boards, actively raise significant funding and awareness to support the Foundation's mission of full inclusion.

"I am proud to celebrate the accomplishments of our honorees. Our own Beta Alpha volunteers' passion and dedication to raising awareness all across the country should inspire all of us to use our voices to make a difference in our own communities for inclusion", said Clay Aiken, co-founder of TBAF.

Anyone can help TBAF win the SixDegrees.org contest. To donate $10 or more through the TBAF badge, use the click Here To Donate link on this press release or visit the awAikening.org TBAF Six Degrees Charity Badge page.

Your donations are tax-deductible. The number of donations is what matters to win the competition, not the dollar amount. Only one donation per person will count in the Six Degrees contest. Donations through the badge are made to TBAF through Network For Good. For more information about the badge, to view daily tracking progress and to download flyers to help spread the word, visit the TBAF Six Degrees Charity Badge Page website.

Full inclusion is a goal that's become more important now than ever before:

- In 2005, it was estimated that 1.77 million Americans were affected by autism

- In the United States today, Downs Syndrome affects more than 350,000 people

- In all, approximately 500,000 people in this country have some degree of cerebral palsy

"Where did the desire to help come from? The need for help! It's just something you do." ~ Clay Aiken

I hope it helps. A bit wordy but I haven't seen a great fan press release yet. But it hits all the main points. I guess what matters is that people are committed and putting their money wihere their mouth is and Eddiethedawg has been doing that. So yay.. And it can't hurt. I've got a few people to bug into donating. heee.

ETA: I think it's amazing how much Clay has inspired folks to charity. Not just to throw money at something but to really get involved.

About the press release - I am curious as to why some people are so vehemently picking it apart, considering that they are not connected with BAF in any way except to contribute.

More kinda pointless micro-managing?

Edited by djs111

About the press release - I am curious as to why some people are so vehemently picking it apart, considering that they are not connected with BAF in any way except to contribute.

djs, because it's what they do, and they weren't the ones who wrote it. That would be my guess.

Oh I didn't know it was getting picked apart. I think that's what Clay Nation routinely does. Hell I think I even gave it 3 out of 4 stars. But this press relase can not hurt. I think Clay Nation has given and given and given and given and so now we need to reach other folks and this press release can do that. And I like that it kinda sums up a lot of things cuz it's not out there for US. I'm sure TBAF approved and really that's all that matters. 10,000 is at stake here and it is an urgent type thing right now. WHen does this contest end because in this case, it IS a competition.

The press release can ultimately only be judged by its effectiveness. I hope it is a major success. I bet other teams that are close are picking up the action too. And they may not have shot their load so early in the game. LOL.

Exactly...is it because other fan groups might get the credit?

I have seen worse fan made press releases that made me cringe and that I frankly thought was embarrassing...I don't remember those getting picked apart. I remember everyone just tried to be supportive or just didn't say anything about it. I just think when some fans jump up to tear down the positive efforts of others...they are just being counter productive. At this point...the press release is out...to publicly diss it may make some people less likely to support BAF... I personally don't have a problem with it and hope that it helps BAF gain more donations so it could stay at the top 6....that is whats important right now not more nitpicking.

Hee. freezin.gif

The only reason I cringed a little at that press release is because Celebrity Charities don't qualify for the matching donation, so a fan issuing a press release that looks like it came from the foundation and spotlights the celebrity of the charity isn't very smart, IMO. I hope she didn't cause it to be on the cusp of qualifying.

Otherwise, I pretty much give up on fans getting in Clay's business. I am typically of the mindset that Press Releases about Clay's business should come from him/TBAF/his management, but I know that's pretty purist of me. LOL I don't care who gets any credit or anything... it's not that. I just think this one should have been written from a fan/fundraiser/badgestarter POV.

Hee. freezin.gif

The only reason I cringed a little at that press release is because Celebrity Charities don't qualify for the matching donation, so a fan issuing a press release that looks like it came from the foundation and spotlights the celebrity of the charity isn't very smart, IMO. I hope she didn't cause it to be on the cusp of qualifying.

Otherwise, I pretty much give up on fans getting in Clay's business. I am typically of the mindset that Press Releases about Clay's business should come from him/TBAF/his management, but I know that's pretty purist of me. LOL I don't care who gets any credit or anything... it's not that. I just think this one should have been written from a fan/fundraiser/badgestarter POV.

YSRN,your comments make sense, I guess I wasn't aware of that either, many of the comments I read were about how poorly written it was. I also didn't realize at first that it was generated by a fan. I have to say I've read press releases by PR people and articles by journalists that aren't always well written either. I too, hope this doesn't cause a problem for TBAF

Well Keepingfaith..I don;t know if you have the clack of Clay singing a snip of moon river. He sang it to Diane Sawyer during his first primetime interview...since then that is one of those clacks that people always saye they would like to see...the complete version of Moonriver...I know I am very excited for it. But now some of the same people hate the idea that he is singing it...just because it does not fit what they think he should sing.

Thank you so much, Ansa. I downloaded the PT promo today and the voice was oh so sensual on that snippet of Moon River. Count me as one who was ambivalent about it before, and now I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back. Why didn't I realize that in the first place? Duh!

hey page one?? I haven't finished reading the last 10 pages of the old thread!!

Anyhow - I've just finished my webpage for CLAY'S SUMMER CONCERT SCHEDULE

:Tour3:

I tried to gather as much info as I could, the only one I couldn't get was the Columbus, OH concert.

Has anyone ever heard of the Chemical Abstract Service? It's weird, I couldn't find any concert information for that one.

I'll try and catch up as soon as I can!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by cha cha trusty

bottlecap, thanks for reminding me that Kelly sang Stuff Like That There. Not Boogie Oogie. LOL

I am so glad we can post pictures here too, Ansamcw. Without having to worry who they belong to and people fretting that Clique might use their photo and make a dime off of it.

Claygasm (I love that name) thanks for the links to those songs. I hope Clay goes for the more upbeat, Stevie Wonder style, when he does this song. Doubtful, but I am keeping my fingers crossed anyway. Don't hit me Ansamcw. :F_05BL17blowkiss: HaHaHa Actually, I was a huge fan of The Temptations. I loved watching groups like them sing and dance in unison. Dressed alike. Those were some good old music times, weren't they?

When you see Clay live he has such charisma it radiates throughout the audience. He glows, literally. He's mind-numbingly beautiful in person. He's incredibly charismatic, and pheromones just slough off of him as if he were going to impregnate the entire audience. He moves, oh how he moves--he feels the music in every cell in his body. He snarks, and he makes you laugh so hard you cry. He looks right at you even though you're in the balcony and your heart goes into your stomach and you blush--I'm not kidding. But thevoice, the voice!! OMG. It resonates throughout the venue. It resonates into your body. It makes you vibrate all over. It makes your girly parts vibrate. You leave at the end of the concert in a daze, like you just had the best sexual experience your life, and you think, "I just have to do this again," and you do all kinds of crazy things to make sure that you can. And the joy--oh the joy. Your face will hurt from smiling so much, and you'll have that shit-eating grin on your face for hours.

Well, I'm spent..... :kos: I can't wait to experience it again. :TourExcite: jmh123, that's a pretty good song list you have going there. Here are my choices from ATDW. Plus the two bonus songs. EIDIDIFY, ETYGA, BW, HYCA, LNO, TOA, IYDKMBN, LAA,

cindilu2, I have enjoyed reading you at The CB and CH. Thanks for sharing that link to your montage. I watched it, and it was awesome. Really great job. That is very good advertisement for Clay on YouTube.

playbiller you have the entire show of AI2? Or is it just Clay's performances. I have been looking for the entire show on cd. I would like to have it. Oh, and you are so right about The Aiken Fog.....HaHa

bottlecap thank you for that pic of Clay's fingers. Gah....I am so happy that he is sporting some "Bling, Bling" too.

Thanks to georgiaclay for the nice welcome. Hope you are back up to speed soon.

Glad you California gals had a good time yesterday. Thanks couchie for the press release. I think the fans will come through. After this, though, my hubby said that charity is going to have to start at home. Hee....

This morning I was being silly and wrote this little song. I thought I would share it. If it is not appropriate to post it, then I can delete it.

Here you go...

Poddie Folsom Prison

(Sung to the tune of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison song)

I hear the train wreck coming

It's coming 'round the bend

And I ain't been so happy

Since I don't know when

They're stuck in Podville Prison

And time keeps dragging on

and that train keeps a rollin'

on down to San Anton

Clay always tried to tell 'em

I ain't no rocker son,

I'm just a good boy

who wants to sing good songs

But poddies wouldn't listen

They tried to make his dreams die

Now every time they hear a ballad

They just hang their head and cry

Now there's Poddies eating crow

in a fancy dining car

they're still wanting to drink the kool-aid

and looking for the bar

Well we know they had it coming,

and we know we can't be free

'Cause those people keep a staying here'

and that's what tortures me...

Well if they'd free us from their prison,

if that railroad train was ours

I bet we'd move it

all the way to Mars

Far from Poddie prison, that's where I want to stay

and then I'd let Clay Aiken sing my blues away.....

Ms. Trusty - Chemical Abstract Service collects all info about things chemical in a database and evidently sells the info, sorta like the Medical Information Bureau (scary place) or the big legal databases.

They have a concert pavilion or something on their corparate grounds, and the Columbus Symphony Orchestra does their pops concert there.

OK, I just looked up Chemical as a venue in ticketmaster, and it is called Chemical Abstracts Lawn. Outdoor venue, and table seating is available. Seems like the website is pretty much empty until the season is announced.

Anyhow - I've just finished my webpage for CLAY'S SUMMER CONCERT SCHEDULE

:Tour3:

I tried to gather as much info as I could, the only one I couldn't get was the Columbus, OH concert.

Has anyone ever heard of the Chemical Abstract Service? It's weird, I couldn't find any concert information for that one.

cha cha, Clayversity has a link to a Columbus city guide that says:

It may seem odd that one of Central Ohio's favorite summer traditions takes place on the lawn of a company called Chemical Abstracts Service. But there's no need to worry -- this place is actually the producer of one of the world's largest and most comprehensive databases of chemical information. In other words, it's a completely non-toxic atmosphere. Chemical Abstracts Service has been the host of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra's Picnic With the Pops and Popcorn Pops for more than 15 years. The company, located right near the Ohio State campus, has a spacious lawn that serves as a great venue for summer evening concerts. -- Paul Hartwick

It looks like the Columbus Symphony also has a page for the Picnic with the Pops series, but it hasn't been updated yet. This page from the company's website has a picture of the headquarters with a big honking lawn out front, which I assume is the venue.

Hee. freezin.gif

well it will be up to the six degrees group to determine if BAF qualifies...I'm sure they know that Clay is involved. so what would make a charity a celebrity charity and why was BAf not considered that? Not too clear on that. I also heard that this went through BAF and was approved and even partially written by Aron...so I would hope that they knew what they were doing.

I am also a purist on fans writing press release to help Clay's career...whatever their qualification may be...But I think the caseis different when it comes to BAF. We have to face it...a lot of non profit organizations are under staffed and do not have the funds to hire professionals so at times they would need to rely on volunteer services. I suppose this is what happened here and since this was released through BAF with aron's approval then I personally don't ahve a problem with it. When it comes to the wordings and composition of the press release...I will defer to the better writers here...so cannot comment on that.

Hee. freezin.gif

Boy, I hate coming in and out of threads between chores, errands, and coloring hair. I thought the press release was sent out by TBAF. So it was made by a fan? Who is the fan who did this? If it was done by a fan then YSRN is correct in her worries. Holy cow. The celebrity charities don't qualify. That is my understanding as to why the badge was set up the way it was. So that Clay's would count. Here we go again. I totally agree with you YSRN. Count me in as a purist too. Fans really do need to stop acting as if they are on Clay's payroll. Honestly. Stay out of his business. Good intentions or not. JMO

playbiller. Thanks for doing this for me. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clayzorback, I think this press release was sent by the person that set up the badge in the first place.So I guess the badges are set up by individuals...and they choose a charity to sponsor. I think the badge becomes a celebrity badge if a celebrity starts it. But the BAF didn't start this badge they are just the recepient of the money so this is not considered a celebrity badge. From what I have read this was sent with the approval of TBAF and was partly written by Aron.

So the fact that this person started the badge in the first place and she was the one that has been pushing this...then it makes sense for her to do the press release.

Clayzorback, I think this press release was sent by the person that set up the badge in the first place.So I guess the badges are set up by individuals...and they choose a charity to sponsor. I think the badge becomes a celebrity badge if a celebrity starts it. But the BAF didn't start this badge they are just the recepient of the money so this is not considered a celebrity badge. From what I have read this was sent with the approval of TBAF and was partly written by Aron.

So the fact that this person started the badge in the first place and she was the one that has been pushing this...then it makes sense for her to do the press release.

Thanks Ansamcw. That is what I thought. I guess I wonder why she felt that a "press release" was even necessary? *shrug* I think BA/F sometimes makes errors in judgement. Due to, as you, or someone, stated above. They don't have the funds to hire enough professionals to advise them and to run the charity. Oh well. I'm sure she meant well. I just hope it doesn't end up backfiring and disqualifying BA/F.

Clayzor...

Moon River can be heard in this PrimeTime preview. I uploaded a YouSendIt. I'm not sure if there is more of it in another file.

MoonRiver/Primetime Preview

Reach Out, I'll be There... I couldn't find one on YouTube, so here's one to download from ClackUnlimited:

Clack Unlimited - Merrillville

Scroll down to MotownMedley2. RO/IBT starts at 1:37 - watch the video through to the end though because it's pretty entertaining. In fact, I watched about 10 different files of Think this afternoon just for that dancing alone. Hee.

And yeah, what Ansa said for the most part (although her press release isn't just about her initiative/badge or I'd totally agree she can write what she wants about her own initiative). If BAF wants her to speak for them though, that's up to them.

Edited by YSRN

As I said...I don't think this will get BAF disqualified because it was not Clay that started the six degree badge itself so this is not a celebrity badge. So mentioning that BAF was started by Clay is not an issue as far as I understand.. I think she sent the press release because there are 6 more days for people to donate. I suspect all the other people with badges will be more aggressive in their attempt to get into the top 6. BAF is currently in number 2 but as Aron said in an email it is not sure that that will be the case by the end of this week. I guess the fear is the momentum of this badge will go down as the momentum of other badges goes up and BAf may not end up in top 6. Also...I think at this point we got to number 2 because of the fan donations...but that is probably getting saturated since people can only donate once. So it is important to start soliciting donation from outside the fandom to augment what the fans can give.

I really don't know this person...but to me the recipient is the BAF and its a chance for them to get extra 10K above what the fans give. so whatever helps to keep in the top 6 is great IMO.