# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

OMG...where did that come from? Is it recent. For some reason it's doing strange things to me! It's HOT. Clay looks mighty healthy right there. heeee..oooh that woke me up.

Oh and YSRN...what's the link to her myspace because when I was updating Clay's friends I saw that her "official" site was no more so had nothing for her.

ETA: SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON... whew!!

OMG!

OMG...where did that come from? Is it recent. For some reason it's doing strange things to me! It's HOT. Clay looks mighty healthy right there. heeee..oooh that woke me up.

Couchie's thudding!

He's such a guy.

Just returned from a wedding where the Bride's mother doesn't even like me = she just spent several hours complaining about how much money her daughter wanted to spend - the last time I saw a set up like this it was on MTV's Sweet sixteen - yes - there were 5 foot tall cantalabra on all the tables and yes, they hired a rapper to rap with the band. The bride and groom had their first dance to a rock tune, which th3y had choreographed by a professional - has anyone else here SEEN my Sweet Sixteen on MTV? I started watching it because I thought it was amazingly over the top and was glad I did not know any of those spoiled children - guess now I do.

SSSSSSQQQQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:hubbahubba:

Good grief, he looks tasty in that pic.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL that brought my girl out of mothballs!! She always make me squeeee. We love us some Clangela..And yep YSRN...everything about it is perfect. I swear I'm grinning ear to ear. Not evern the 80K did that. LOL.

OMG hyperventilating heeeee THanks YSRN I hope that's for me..don't none of you wenches touch it. LOL

ETA: It's my background now and lord I think I'm drooling. LOL sweet dreams everyone.

Dayum! He looks gorgeous. I want him. I want to see more of those white cargo pants. I want to write Angela and thank her for being the best proxy a girl could ever have. Well...maybe she could have leaned into him a wee bit more, but still....

Good Lord! That man his hot. Jesus, however, he is not. I know that when I look at him in that banner up there the first thing that comes to mind is "divine" but I would have expected a little more loaves and fishes action for those presale seats at West Palm Beach. Seriously.

I'm going to be on the matinee bill for crucifictions tomorrow once my plot to attend another pair of concerts is revealed before he who brings home all the dough. These concerts, I have rationalized as being the two I would have added after the tour started and I realized that I needed to do more than the seven I had already planned. Does that make sense? It made sense to me when I dreamed it up. Honest, it did.

Hmmmm....maybe if I developed some stigmata, I could possibly save that kidney for the Christmas tour.

There is a bright side to everything and I have a few pair of Ray-Bans to prove it. Ummm...okay one pair has a broken arm and another a missing lens but if I squint a little and use some electrical tape everything looks great.

playbiller, I'm going to confess watching My Super Sweet Sixteen, too, but I applaud you for being the first to admit it. Talk about your guilty pleasures....I use it as positive affirmation that I didn't totally screw up raising my kids.

Thanks, Invisible926, for my newest, most up close, and freckilicious wallpaper yet.

I just noticed my Member No. over there on the left. Cool! Three eight's! Signifying great sudden wealth and prosperity to the Chinese. That may seem like an insignificant bit of late night trivia but possibly something I could use as a bargaining tool on the home front tomorrow. You know, in case Solomon thinks it's wise to divide up my tickets.....pairs that are not meant to be separated. And fun that's not meant to be cut in half. Right? Yeah, I thought so.....

Edited by Karen Eh?

I'm going to be on the matinee bill for crucifictions tomorrow once my plot to attend another pair of concerts is revealed before he who brings home all the dough. These concerts, I have rationalized as being the two I would have added after the tour started and I realized that I needed to do more than the seven I had already planned. Does that make sense? It made sense to me when I dreamed it up. Honest, it did.

Hmmmm....maybe if I developed some stigmata, I could possibly save that kidney for the Christmas tour.

There is a bright side to everything and I have a few pair of Ray-Bans to prove it. Ummm...okay one pair has a broken arm and another a missing lens but if I squint a little and use some electrical tape everything looks great.

<snip>

I just noticed my Member No. over there on the left. Cool! Three eight's! Signifying great sudden wealth and prosperity to the Chinese. That may seem like an insignificant bit of late night trivia but possibly something I could use as a bargaining tool on the home front tomorrow. You know, in case Solomon thinks it's wise to divide up my tickets.....pairs that are not meant to be separated. And fun that's not meant to be cut in half. Right? Yeah, I thought so.....

Hee, you are cracking me up! I love rationalizations.....use 'em way too often. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH to djs111....or is it 222? Since I'm scrolling over most of the "snark" elsewhere, it's cool to read some real snark.

Love the new pic of the Clangela! I found it in my email this morning with no identification as to where it had come from, and went on a frantic search of the boards to figure it out.....he looks so freaking awesome in it, too. Ange is beautiful, as always. I wonder if this means she will be on the tour?

I made you a pressie:

Clangela.jpg

:wub:

ETA... Weeee, it's the cute!! clap.gif

OMG - I was looking at that avie and WONDERING just WHO that gorgeous guy was with Angela!! TWAP! It must be too early in the morning.... back to bed soon.... BUT FIRST....

Here I was about 12 hours ago about to post some pearly pearls of wisdom, when ZAP! the lights went out! Literally. I heard this roar, and then......... total darkness. Some nut had missed the curve out on the main road and hit the light pole directly in front of my neighbor's house. Knocked the power out in the whole neighborhood! (only 10 houses on my dead-end street!) (the guy was hurt, but not too badly, not like say... the Gov of NJ!)

On our way out to Abblebee's (after most of the emergency vehicles had cleared so we could get out) I told mr cct "Geez, the things I have to do to get you to take me out!!" At dinner we made a friendly bet. I wagered the power would not be back on at midnight, and he thought it would be back by the time we finished dinner and grocery shopping. It was 10:30 when we got back (and I realized the folly of buying frozen veggies... hee!) And So....... He has to go with me to the next chick flick of my choice, and I do NOT have to see '300'! I call that a good deal!

So it just came back about 45 mins ago, and of course we were in bed so early that I've had almost as much sleep as usual!

Here are some goodies I was about to post 12 hours ago when the lights went out! :hubbahubba:

unicefAfgWP1440med.jpg

this one is 1440x900 (clickable)

unicefAfgWP1024med.jpg

this one is 1024x768 (clickable)

WooT!! I figured out how to make them clickable!!!

eta: I forgot to say WELCOME to K'eh and Fully Functional!

AND..... it looks like the webmasters at UNICEF don't work weekends. The gauge has been at 90% since all day yesterday! I bet they have to bust thru the top when they get back on Monday morning!!

:rainbowsmile:

eata: I love your skit djs!!! BWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, back to bed!

Edited by cha cha trusty

AND..... it looks like the webmasters at UNICEF don't work weekends. The gauge has been at 90% since all day yesterday! I bet they have to bust thru the top when they get back on Monday morning!!

I've been wondering about that......do you think they'll show the full 100%? That doesn't encourage people to donate, since it proves they've reached their goal.......I wonder if they'll come up with a new graphic? I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to set another goal, though......maybe just change the text to say something like "your donations are still very appreciated" or something......just ignore me, I slept 10 hours, it's probably turned my brain to mush. Or else it was that hawt picture of the Clangela.... :hubbahubba:

GOSH Karen eh? ...I just love your post...made me laugh. Thats great snark and word play.

Same with you cct, you made me laugh too...sorry about the power outtage but you get a chick flick with that YAY....love those wall paper!!!!

playbiller, I'm going to confess watching My Super Sweet Sixteen, too, but I applaud you for being the first to admit it. Talk about your guilty pleasures....I use it as positive affirmation that I didn't totally screw up raising my kids.

oh yes....me and the girls catch this shows now and again...can't help getting fascinated at how spoiled some kids can get and makes me thank my lucky stars that I have my daughters.

oh and 888 is a very lucky number. I remember my old boss before made sure she got married on August 8, 1988...I;ve been out of touch with her ...but I know since then her little pre school where I taught has now grown to 3 bigger schools. Don't know about her marriage but she sure did well with her business.

well ...more work on FCA today...would appreciate it if people check it out and let us know if you noticed some bugs or error in links...

here is the FCA website link for now.. Hope we can switch to the domain name without much trouble...

Oh dear...is it thread title poll time again...hee

BTW...calling our great banner creators!!! if you are getting inspired to make new banners for the forum we would truly appreciate it...just PM me with you creations...thanks...

I will be putting up the thread title poll tonight....if y'all have any more suggestions just post it in the thread title suggestion thread....

Can't wait to have you back Idyjocelyn. The new site looks great, Couchie and Ansamcw.

djs11 what can I say? I loved it. Funny funny stuff. :cryingwlaughter: I did read a couple of the older things at CH. Some I liked, some I didnt. It's always fun to stroll memory lane. I never was a member of Proc or TWOP. Knew of them, though. I always loved the title, "Eat A Salad, You Fat Bastard." It still cracks me up to this day. I think it lost a lot of it's appeal for me when they split off to CH. It was never the same. JMO.

Dreamlarge I hear you, on the keeping up thing. LOL I usually don't spend this much time at a board. I feel I have to, though, with a linear thread or I couldn't keep up. You just need to come around more too. HaHa It helps though, that I have limited my reading elsewhere. Too many boards, so little time. Since I enjoy the reading here more than anywhere else, it is easier to spend more time here. Glad you are zen about your tickets. I bet there might be an empty chair you can move closer too after the show starts. Hee Hee

That picture of Angela and Clay just made my morning. She is soooo beautiful. Clay looks so happy. I like me some rumpled Clay, first thing in the morning. *g* Couchie, Clay DOES need to lean into that a little bit more. If I was Angela, well, you know.................*Whistle* She's one lucky gal to get that close to my studmuffin. I'm so jealous.

Karen, I can always justify my Clay spending. I just have to throw up the cost of every golf tournament hubby wants to enter, and his monthly dues to belong to the "Club." Hey. He has his hobby I have mine. I think my hobby is better.

cha cha, you make the prettiest backgrounds. I quit using Clay for my computer background. Hubby is a wee bit jealous of all the attention I give Clay. So I try not to rub salt in the wound. Right now I am using a picture of my formal Living room as a background. It's there to remind me that I do have other rooms in the house and I need to venture in and clean them on occasion. LOL

I think I will try and venture outdoors or go take a stroll at the mall or something. Stretch my legs........

ETA: No matter how closely I think I preview my posts before hitting submit, I always miss a typo or something. In fact I wouldn't be surprised If I missed something else. It will stay there if I did. LOL

Edited by Clayzorback

What a treat to log in here and get a chuckle and a BWAH! and a :hubbahubba: . Y'all are some funny peeps and that Clay Aiken guy is making me crazy with desire. That picture CMSU and makes me thud all at once. He's hot not being hot, you know?

Crap. I've forgotten what I was going to say.

Ansa and Couchie---I tiptoed over to the new site and felt like I needed to take my shoes off so I wouldn't mess up the carpets. Dang, that's a classy looking joint. Is it going to be amenable to smutters? :unsure: Perhaps there's a velvet ottoman with red fringe I could perch upon? Although I'd prefer Clay's LoveSac.

KarenEh? I bet if ClayNation had a contest to find the Best Rationalization To Go To Multiple Clay Concerts Even Though The Family Has No Money, I'd be "in the top one or two..at least" (tm/CHA) Thank goodness my job requires some travel! heh.

I've had to kick some Hyatt Regency butt during this conference. Man, what shoddy service! Major lapses of customer service...and just plain incompetence! Luckily, I always print out email "agreements" between me and my hotel contact, so there was nothing they could say other than, "We apologize, Ms. ____" etc. Last night when they began changing our room around to set up a dance party for another group!, I stopped them and found the manager and pointed out to him that we were supposed to have that room for two days. (I showed him the final banquet order sent to me by my hotel contact.) Ended up making the catering and sales people move two other groups' rooms around to allow our group to keep their day's work on the walls, etc. I was pissed.

Ahem...then, after all was settled, I got in the rental car and went to Old Town and walked around. Ending up buying a huge dreamcatcher---it's GORGEOUS! all natural materials handmade--Navajo---to put on the wall along the staircase at home. Turns out the little woman running the shop used to live in a town just 20 miles or so south of my town! We started chatting and she ended up giving me 20% off the price of my dreamcatcher!

Speaking of member numbers...anybody think it's a coincidence that my number is 569? B)

Welcome and hugs to the lovely KarenEh? She sold me the ticket to probably the best seat I've ever had to a Clay concert. It was to Merrillville JBT. I contacted her the day before the concert. She also invited me to hang out with her and her friends. It was my first time to wait at the buses. We traded a few pins. It was the best time I have ever had at a Clay concert. When ever I start to think about the Clay fans who are a pain in the ass, I also am reminded of Clay fans like Karen and Chardonnay who were very friendly and welcoming to me. I remember laughing a lot and being amazed at how many concerts they had seen. I got to see some KarenEh? photography first hand. I have loved every Clay Aiken concert I have attended, but that one will always hold a special place in my memory, because Karen and her Michigan friends knew it would be more fun for me to have someone to eeeeee with before and after the concert. Thanks again KarenEh?

Couchie and Ansamcw, love what you've done with the place. The new site looks great!

I fell asleep at my mouse wheel last night/this morning before I finished my post. I forget to tell djs111 that I thought her skit was very funny. This is my favourite part.....

A loud ringtone interrupts...(Broken Wings)...djs222 says "excuse me a moment", and answers her

cell..."Yes, this is the closest seat I could get to Dr. Phil - pretty good, eh? No, I can't do a cell cert from up here! That would bend the laws of time and space or something! What? The blue doesn't look right? Try green?" she gestures to the technicians, who obligingly use

green. "Oh, wait....orange? no, red? can someone set up a poll?"

The viewers at home are treated to a cross between a light show and a Wonder Bread wrapper ....the results are in! Blue it is!

I thought I would die laughing at some of the stuff I was reading last night in the posterity thread at CH. That letter to RCA by Seeya and Gregoire's Book of Clay are hilarious, but the one that really cracked me up was Argillus Scroll Entry. I somehow missed that one the first time around. That was so so funny! Also funny is the fact that here I was, a just a couple of days ago waiting for a new Idol Mansion Skit when lo & behold a veritable bounty of good humour falls into my lap.

Which totally justifies continuing to think about something/someone else falling into my lap at a concert. They can say all they want about the power of positive thinking, but wishful thinking is highly underrated.

Golf? Golf? Yes, gotta love golf....Sol left the house at 7:00 AM this morning for 18 holes. I suppose I should check the condition of his putter before I drop any bombs. Now, I was pondering a philosophical question over my morning coffee. Who am I exploiting if I use that look (accompanied by a gentle sigh of resignation) that says...."I am but a poor weak woman who can't resist her urges and desires? Is it my own weaknesses or his unsuspecting subconscious mind?

But does it really matter if he pats my head or my ass on the way out the door? No, it really doesn't, as long as he pats the dog for me while I'm gone.

atinal, well geez Lousie! I was just wondering the other day what happened to you. I figured that I'd never find you again since our emails were likely lost when I moved to the US and changed my primary email . So here you are.....and making me all verklempt, too. Gosh! But Merrillville was a great time wasn't it? Are you hitting the tour this time around? Maybe I'll be lucky enough to cross your path again.

Speaking of member numbers...anybody think it's a coincidence that my number is 569?

If that's your number muski, then my stock 888 just went up a thousand-fold. Where the heck is the nearest Texas lottery booth?

Edited by Karen Eh?

The new FCA is lookin' so purdy! I noticed just a couple of things.

1) The BAF banner/logo thingy at the bottom of the page covers over the right column, and therefore some of the events text, on short pages:

This page, for example.

2) The orange text on the aqua (in the events column) pretty much disappears for me toward the right end of the aqua color gradation - I have to enlarge my font to read it. Could be that I'm an old lady, but it's pretty tough to read for me. I checked in IE too and had the same issue.

I clicked around and all the linkies worked and everything else looked beautimous. Love the favicon.

Oh, look. My member number and my age match!

*cough* :kos:

Edited by YSRN

BWAH!!! Karen eh? so many good stuff in that last post...hee check his putter...alrighteee...hee

Thanks for the comment on the site...we owe the look of the banner to cindilu2...

but gosh so much stuff couchie and I collected in the past 4 years....there are still so many things to organize like the significan;t articles about Clay and his magazine covers and features. Hoping to enlist our librarians...to see if they have a complete collection.

I want to do a nice a proper picture gallery too and have my Clay pictures up on line instead of in my HD.

anyway...Muski...how we would love it if you can create your little corner on FCA. We are planning to have an area with commentaries from fans. So if you want you own little spot we would certainly love that. And you can decorate anyway you want... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The new FCA is lookin' so purdy! I noticed just a couple of things.

1) The BAF banner/logo thingy at the bottom of the page covers over the right column, and therefore some of the events text, on short pages:

This page, for example.

2) The orange text on the aqua (in the events column) pretty much disappears for me toward the right end of the aqua color gradation - I have to enlarge my font to read it. Could be that I'm an old lady, but it's pretty tough to read for me. I checked in IE too and had the same issue.

I clicked around and all the linkies worked and everything else looked beautimous. Love the favicon.

yup I know...it is a bit of a pain. This is one of those joomla sites and the whole design is a template that is controlled by style sheets and what not...Its been tough to adjust to the fact that I am not in total control of all aspects of it...Like the lettering on the sides...it was tough to figure out how to change it all and I was only able to change in recently from gray to something that was better to read. Thanks for your feedback and we will keep trying to improve.

glad the links were working...that was the nightmare after moving the data from one server to another.

Yep, just explain how much you save him by planning way in advance rather than at the last minute. heee. That should do it.

Wow CCT - I right clicked and saved very fast. I'm constantly amazed by the artistic talent in this fandom.

Lucky, yeah it will be interesting to see what UNICEF does. I think in one of their notices it said..our ORIGINAL goal was 100K...hee somebody is kicking themsleves for aiming too low.

Clazorback - I always notice gigantic mistakes ...my brain moves faster than my fingers or something. I'm usually editing for hours LOL.

I tiptoed over to the new site and felt like I needed to take my shoes off so I wouldn't mess up the carpets. Dang, that's a classy looking joint. Is it going to be amenable to smutters? :unsure: Perhaps there's a velvet ottoman with red fringe I could perch upon? Although I'd prefer Clay's LoveSac.

Muski: You're going to do more than perch missy. heee We'll be adding a "blogger" section soon so you might as well start thinking of a great name for yours heee.

YSRN: Thanks for the feedback... it might take us a bit to figure out how to fix things but we'll keep those two in our heads.