# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

but gosh so much stuff couchie and I collected in the past 4 years....there are still so many things to organize like the significan;t articles about Clay and his magazine covers and features. Hoping to enlist our librarians...to see if they have a complete collection.

Ansa, I know somebody was working on a project to compile all the articles over at Clayversity - you may want to poke around there.

===========================

I know I shouldn't complain when the East Coast is getting slammed so hard (are you okay, playbiller?), but I shouldn't be waking up to an inch of snow in the middle of April. I blame Clive and Roger for the wacky weather patterns lately.

Hee. djs... that was funneee!

This was on Angie's MySpace, labeled "Friends4ever".

th_ClayAngie.jpg

Awww.

OMG!! That is the cutest picture EVAH! They really do look adorable together! I think it must be pretty recent because of the hair and the beard. Maybe it was taken when he was in LA a few weeks ago. Soooo cute! You know, when I see pictures of Clay and Quiana I see a very brother/sister kind of relationship. But with Clay and Angela.....

Thanks for bringing that over YSRN!

Dayum! He looks gorgeous. I want him. I want to see more of those white cargo pants. I want to write Angela and thank her for being the best proxy a girl could ever have. Well...maybe she could have leaned into him a wee bit more, but still....

Good Lord! That man his hot. Jesus, however, he is not. I know that when I look at him in that banner up there the first thing that comes to mind is "divine" but I would have expected a little more loaves and fishes action for those presale seats at West Palm Beach. Seriously.

I'm going to be on the matinee bill for crucifictions tomorrow once my plot to attend another pair of concerts is revealed before he who brings home all the dough. These concerts, I have rationalized as being the two I would have added after the tour started and I realized that I needed to do more than the seven I had already planned. Does that make sense? It made sense to me when I dreamed it up. Honest, it did.

Hmmmm....maybe if I developed some stigmata, I could possibly save that kidney for the Christmas tour.

There is a bright side to everything and I have a few pair of Ray-Bans to prove it. Ummm...okay one pair has a broken arm and another a missing lens but if I squint a little and use some electrical tape everything looks great.

Karen Eh?, you crack me up!! LOVE your rationalizations!

Thanks, Invisible926, for my newest, most up close, and freckilicious wallpaper yet.

Me too!

I just noticed my Member No. over there on the left. Cool! Three eight's! Signifying great sudden wealth and prosperity to the Chinese. That may seem like an insignificant bit of late night trivia but possibly something I could use as a bargaining tool on the home front tomorrow. You know, in case Solomon thinks it's wise to divide up my tickets.....pairs that are not meant to be separated. And fun that's not meant to be cut in half. Right? Yeah, I thought so.....

BWAH! Makes perfect sense to me!

KarenEh? I bet if ClayNation had a contest to find the Best Rationalization To Go To Multiple Clay Concerts Even Though The Family Has No Money, I'd be "in the top one or two..at least" (tm/CHA) Thank goodness my job requires some travel! heh.

I think there would be a lot of good entries for the the find the Best Rationaliztion To Go To Multiple Clay Concerts Even Though The Family Has No Money contest. In my case "the Family" is just me but hey, I'm going to be unemployed and I just keep adding concerts! I may be fighting my cat for his food this summer!

Oh wait. I'm a vegetarian. I can't eat the cat food.

Speaking of member numbers...anybody think it's a coincidence that my number is 569? B)

BWAH! Some things are just meant to be!

Off to take a gander at the new site. If you don't hear anything more from me today it probably means the ark came and got me. Its raining like there's no tomorrow here!

OK - I'm all ready - me and my friend TLS are going to see Taylor Hicks this evening. It is still raining. I am trying to decide which sweater/sweatshirt to wear under my waterproof jacket!

I got a copy of Taylor's album to play and familiarize with the songs a couple of weeks ago. I've been so obsessed with Harry Potter I couldn't bring myself to put it in the car for my commute. So I was listening to it a little earlier today (then switched to ATDW).

mr cct comes in on Taylor's first cut and says...... "See? Why can't they give Clay stuff like that?" :wub: (I think I'll keep him)

So maybe they will... or maybe he makes his own luck. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clayzorback -- I solved the ole jealousy on the computer desktop sitch - I have my own computer in my own room!! Anyway - hubby is fine with Clay as long as I don't drool about what a great lover he might be!!

:allgood:

Thanks to all on the wallpapers! I promise more in the near future!!

Here's a quickie I just did waiting for my ride - TTFN!

unicefAfghanWP1280sm.jpg

ps - it's wide!! more later!

Edited by cha cha trusty

yay...I think FCA switched over with no problems!! it may take up to 48 hours to propogate around the net!!

ETA: Bwah, may have spoken too soon..dang I swear the new one just came up...this is crazy. Maybe I'm not fit to work for Clique after all. heee.

EATA: heee I did it. When you go to your home boards (which LOL this is finally home board for some of you guys yay)..can you let people know that to access FCA they will need to go to http://www.findingclayaiken.com ... if they bookmarked through the links section for instance, it won't be working much longer.

I'm back ya'll! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And I am TIRED! I'm not even sure if I'm going to make it to TAR this evening.

cha cha trusty, thank you for the beautiful wallpaper, and have fun tonight!

djs -- :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: Thank you!

That new picture of Clay and Angela together? He looks so content, and happy. This picture shows, to me, exactly what Claygasm talked about earlier, with his whole face smiling. He smiles sooooooo good. And Angela? Lucky wench, but it looks as if she's a good friend now. Thanks YSRN for bringing that over.

Did I welcome Karen Eh?? I can't remember....

East coasters, hope you are surviving. And bottlecap -- sorry to hear about the snow. My husband and I read about it last week, and we infinitely glad that we scheduled our trip when we did!

couchie and Ansa, the site looks great!

Off for some dinner, and then maybe some sleep. Fortunately, I'm off work tomorrow to decompress.

Beautiful new site mods! I thought I had to log in and got "incorrect" on my password. So I asked for a new one, which I see was totally unnecessary!

Chach, gorgeous wallpapers. I go see Hicks tomorrow. Have a blast.

YSRN, guh. Just guh. He looks like one of those old movie matinee idols facially. YOu just wanna squish him at the same time, he's so cute. I wrote a short Clangela story a coupla years back after being inspired by the JBT- I think it's still at CV somewhere called "Sailing" and "Melody Unchained".

And talking about writing, I submitted a song to the AI song contest today. My hubby really helped so much as I am technically "challenged". We figured out how to record on a PC and make an mp3. file. I wrote the song last week, so it was a challenge to play piano, sing and get it fairly right in about 12 takes. No wonder they record line by line these days and sound so perfect. I don't have that know how. But it was like a weekend seminar for us and now I can catalog my other songs and compose with my keyboard all the New Age-y stuff with multi tracking that I love.

Planet Earth on tonight at 8 on Discovery! This is one amazing show, my friends. :allgood:

it's wide!! more later!
Ah, to hear these words from Clay's lips! :hubbahubba:

Diva! A song? Cool...share, please.

I'm going to a non-Clay concert tonight, too! Neko Case---some female singer that a co-worker likes and who happens to be performing in a local joint. Only $20 a ticket! Woot!

That Clangela picture is sooooooo yummy. Wonder if Clay had an itch to start grinding and and talking about animals striking curious poses....

BWAH!!! Karen eh? so many good stuff in that last post...hee check his putter...alrighteee...hee

Thanks for the comment on the site...we owe the look of the banner to cindilu2...

but gosh so much stuff couchie and I collected in the past 4 years....there are still so many things to organize like the significan;t articles about Clay and his magazine covers and features. Hoping to enlist our librarians...to see if they have a complete collection.

I want to do a nice a proper picture gallery too and have my Clay pictures up on line instead of in my HD.

anyway...Muski...how we would love it if you can create your little corner on FCA. We are planning to have an area with commentaries from fans. So if you want you own little spot we would certainly love that. And you can decorate anyway you want... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I went over and spent some time clicking on links etc. I was overwhelmed with the amount of information available on this site. Such a beautiful place. I love the colors. I think you both deserve a round of applause for putting together this wonderful site. I hope Clay gets to see it. I just know he would be very, very pleased. It looks awesome. Everything you could want to know. It's like a Museum.

I tracked all of Clay's events, tours, TV appearances, magazine mentions, etc for all of 2005. Man it was a job, so I can appreciate your huge undertaking here. I kept links, and pictures, and posted articles and magazine covers etc. Feel free to use anything I have posted there for your library here. I did this when my home board of RebelsForClayAiken was a thriving community. I lost the month of May when EZBOARD had their major hacker attack. We lost a lot of threads and posts when that happened and, well, we just didn't seem to recover after that. Here is the link if you are interested in anything.

http://p199.ezboard.com/frebelsforclayaikenfrm47

cha cha I have threatened my hubby with getting another computer for me. He keeps messing mine up.

Welcome back Idyjocelyn. Can't wait for a recap of your trip to Kennedy Space Center.

OMG....Diva thanks for that reminder about Planet Earth. I have been watching the previews of that and it looked awesome. I wanted to watch it. Is that 8 central time?

ETA: See I told you. LOL It never fails Couchie.........HaHaHa

Edited by Clayzorback

I love the new look of the site. Very purdy just like our guy!

I tried the password thing too but I also got incorrect. Was I doing something wrong?

Well this week I am having the first of my cataract surgeries so I will be home for two days recuperating...yeah! thats it! Since I can't do anything strenuous, like housework etc. I think I'll just cruise the boards and watch Clack! No guilt for me!

I just noticed what a pitiful post count I have! I find it hard to believe 'cos I'm really talkative in real life.

I now have to tell my hubby that I am going to Raleigh to visit his brother without him! Why did you know that there is a Clay Aiken concert there, at the time I was planning on going? My what a coincidence!! I had no idea*g* My DH thinks he wants to retire to the area and wants me to check it out to see if I could live there. Since it is his idea I guess I will have to go. Hee!

it's wide!! more later!
Ah, to hear these words from Clay's lips! :hubbahubba:

Diva! A song? Cool...share, please.

I'm going to a non-Clay concert tonight, too! Neko Case---some female singer that a co-worker likes and who happens to be performing in a local joint. Only $20 a ticket! Woot!

That Clangela picture is sooooooo yummy. Wonder if Clay had an itch to start grinding and and talking about animals striking curious poses....

I can't believe Angela isn't backing up into the Clay Aiken Waldo territory. Doesn't she know how many of us would love to be in that position with Clay? What's wrong with the woman, anyway? Geeze Louise Talk about a wasted opportunity. *gah*

merrieeeeWell I got to drive THROUGH Raleigh once. But that is a subject better left alone. I might have to get up from here and go whack my hubby upside the head if I go down that memory lane again. LOL

The site looks great.

thanks stingray53...hope you join in the discussion...and welcome

thanks to everyone for your comments....

Clarification...there is no need to register on FCA to be able to read everything...The registration is for people that do want to contribute to the site by submitting articles and comments. We will have sections for blogs and sections for people to comment on appearacnes and submit recaps and even blogs. If anyone is interested to participate just pm us.

The new web site is gorgeous! Great job! I love the layout and color scheme. Very sharp and modern!

Planet Earth is an amazing show, isn't it? The shots they get are incredible, with absolutely stunning clarity. There have been countless nature programs on before, but this one seems to have captured images rarely seen before.

Great Ripa comic, muski! So true!

Good luck with the cataract surgeries, merrieeee.

Well, I have not looked thought the whole site yet - there is so much to look at. It is beautifully dramatic though and the love of Clay just shows.

Everyone's taxes done now? All those rebate checks in the mail?

\ETA GAAAAHH - Walked past my basement taking my dog out and I hear a beep beep beep - Uh-OH- tunrs out there is water im my basement - about 5 inches - jsut stopped below the pilot light of the water heater. I am taking a short break and will be going down again in a few minutes - wish I knew where the water was coming from - I opened the cellar drain and after I drain it - there is some more - I swepp and sweep and them look behind me and there is the water again. I did not come in through the cellar window, so it must be coming up though the floor. It only did that once before a long time ago. I have to get up early for a dentist appointment, so I can't stay up all night watching it. I don't know what I will do. Maybe I just won't go to sleep and hope the dentist lets me sleep in the chair, but I don't thinkthat will happen.

Oh well, a little break and back down again.

Edited by playbiller

{{{playbiller}}}

Could this be related to the northeaster? Is it raining hard outside? There are flood warnings all over the place up there--sounds like maybe the ground is saturated from the rain and the flooding. I sure hope it starts going down soon. You can't be having fun with this.

I'm doing my taxes right now. Always the procrastinator. Just figured out that I'm eligible to deduct my moving expenses--yahoo. I'm going to get a bunch more money back than I thought. More for Clayeeee!!!! :Tour3:

(((playbiller))) that is the story of our life, every spring we get flooded basement...thats why we can never get it fixed. we are equiped with a pump and everything...goodluck and on your appointment.

oops forgot to do the poll...going to work tomorrow so won;t be around till the afternoon...

Ah man, Playbiller! Sorry about your water problems.

I have sat on my ass all weekend long. Heee. I haven't done nonstop work on Clay stuff in a long time. Thanks for the praise for the site. I literally downloaded all my files from the old server for 3 or 4 straight days. It kept going and going and going.probably hundreds of thousands of screencaps. But this site is a darn site more than I evern thought it would be. It was just me and my links. I remember carrying that domain name around in my head for a month until I had the money to purchase it. heee. And the first time I tried to keep up with Clay on tour...Independent ... god is almost killed me. And I can see where I started on the Not A tour but just ran out of gas. FCA would still be a one room school house without Ansa. Ahem..her hands were kind of tied on the first Clay site she worked on but I told her she could do whatever the hell she wanted on FCA. It's probably more hers than mine now. But we have so many ideas and stuff we want to do..if only we could quit our jobs and do it. heee.

Clayzorback: thanks for your offer of info..and yep I'll take you up on that. We really want to complete our archives. Back in the old days I truly cared too much about copyright so some of the things are lost. I'm sure it can all be found out there in clay land though. We're determined to try to get it all together in one place as well.

I now have to tell my hubby that I am going to Raleigh to visit his brother without him! Why did you know that there is a Clay Aiken concert there, at the time I was planning on going? My what a coincidence!! I had no idea*g* My DH thinks he wants to retire to the area and wants me to check it out to see if I could live there. Since it is his idea I guess I will have to go. Hee!

OK this cracked me up merrieeee. I bet we all have a story or two to tell.

I do know that I was on the job from hell when JBT was announced. I got the time off to go to the northeastern shows but would have had to come home after Vermont. Then our company got bought out and I was going to be out of a job. I think I was the only one in the entire office that did a happy dance and immediately extended my trip to Atlantic City. THank god for that as that first AC concert is my most favorite EVAH (slightly beating out Sacramento IT...weeps for no clack).Sigh, so many memories!!

I lived here almost 30 years, I am on top of a hill and only had a flooded basement when water came in one window, but the window is dry, I have never gone to sleep with a sewer pipe open (sewer gas/rats/ who knows what else? Roaches? The water is still flowing full tilt and this has been going on since 11 PM - I dry out sections of floor and go back and it is inches deep again - there are two sides of the basement and both are flooded. it is just too weird. I guess I will lock the basement door and let the sewer rats run free. Actually, I put a window screen over the pipe and put a 100 bound weight over one side of that, so it should keep larger things in and keep stuff from floating in there, like the socks that fell off the dryer and are dripping wet now. I shut off the hot water heater in case and shut off water to the basement, still cellar keeps flooding. I have never, ever seen this happen before! and it is like a river decided to run thought my house. It is like a large faucet running full tilt (huge drain about 1/8th emptying water all the time for hours. entire length of house gettng we - and back yard is just divided up all differently - One part has an addition behind it, another has a porch and one area is an open garden that does not look that sodden. I just have no idea!

You would think tha Clay would blog for me tonight! he has been home for day(s)!

AH well, tomorrow, let us hope for good things.

Couchie - you are a little strange, just a little, but I did a happy dance when I got laid off as well and there was no concert to be scheduled then, I already had them in my vacation schedule - I was dancing because I got the six months of severance lay off, instead of the two week severance they were going to put into effect the next week.

Couchie - I went to that link you provided a couple pages ago, [this one: http://www.findingclayaiken.com/] and this is what I saw:

Gone

The requested resource

/

is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

where did it go????????????

This link however, seems to still work.yahoo.gif

Taylor was pretty good tonight. It was a very small venue, and I really couldn't picture Clay playing there at all. Not sure of the capacity, but 500-600? 1000 tops! We got a table in the back but were positioned "center stage" I didn't take my big camera in case we weren't allowed... so I didn't get any really good pictures! This is the best one. The lights were very dim so a lot of the time he was in shadows or dim red light. Not good, really!

We decided to wait with the 10-12 fans outside near the busses. After about 20 mins Taylor came out and signed a few autographs. He wasn't very smiley, or anything tho, didn't really say anything much at all either! I heard he was very shy. He had a knit hat on so you could barely tell it was him!! I can't help comparing the whole experience to a Clay bus experience. Like night and day! Took a photo outside too from lots closer range!

On the way home TLS and I sang to ATDW at the top of our lungs!!

fruit.giffruit.gif

scroll... bunch of off topic crap about myself coming up...

hee Play..you just don't know..I was MISERABLE at that job..totally stressed out. I have never been stressed out on a job before. But they were so shady, borderline criminal and I was just not comfortable. To top it off, a payroll check in your hand meant absolutely nothing until you actually went to the bank and it cleared. I was one of the fortunate few that never had a bounced payroll check. And I basically told people not to take the checks to their bank but take it to the issuing bank. And then once practically the entire office was doing that..they wouldn't pass out checks until 4 becasue that bank closed at 4. Shady. I couldn't even pay the bills - was MONTHS behind with no idea when I would be allowed to pay something. And I'm pretty darn sure sometime about a month or two before I left they had stopped paying taxes. They would deduct them from our payroll checks but they weren't paying them. And just like I got a W-2 from them but I doubt they ever sent them in to the feds. My suspicions were confirmed on that when I got my recent social security statement and I have big ass hole in 2005 where my earnings should be. Now I'll have to deal with that crap. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sorry for the detour...but that job literally made me sick. IT was so bad that the 4 months severance pay I was going to get if I stayed through the transition wasn't enough to make me stay. I quit with no job to go to and therefore no unemployment to ride either. But I got to see Clay in Atlantic City..heee.

Clay content- he's still purdy.

CCT...use the number URL that works for the next couple of days. The domain has been transferred and should be working for everyone within the next 48 hours..it all depends on your ISP. That's my understanding at least. And then it may be a matter of clearing your cache. I'll let Ansa speak more to that tomorrow!

Roseviolet...I'm so proud of you and your radio station!!

Wow! The new site looks fabulous. Good job!

-----------------

Time for new tunes on Rose Radio. This week I am including tracks by Amy Kuney, Taylor Swift, Bo Bice, Kimberly Caldwell, Neil Young, Olivia Eden, Rob Thomas, Sting, Suzie McNeil, Taylor Hicks, Tears For Fears and Vanessa Olivarez. On Tuesday you can read more about this week's selections on the Rose Radio blog.

:me0:

Welcome to Stingray53. Hope you like it here and will participate in the discussion.

The new web site is gorgeous! Great job! I love the layout and color scheme. Very sharp and modern!

Planet Earth is an amazing show, isn't it? The shots they get are incredible, with absolutely stunning clarity. There have been countless nature programs on before, but this one seems to have captured images rarely seen before.

Great Ripa comic, muski! So true!

Good luck with the cataract surgeries, merrieeee.

I watched it last night thanks to Diva's reminder. OMG. The photography was out of this world. Beautiful. Some of the best work I have ever seen for these type shows. The color was so vivid. That waterfall, the Blue Birds of Happiness and their mating ritual. (The photographer was hidden for 8-9 hours a day for 8 weeks to get that shot. IIRC. ) So much good stuff. So interesting. I loved how they gave the photographers props and I loved the commentary that they had with the show. There is going to be more next Sunday. Gosh I hope I don't forget to watch.

Good luck on the eye surgery from me as well merrieeee,

Someone should send that comic to Clay.......Muskifest LOL

playbiller, I am so sorry about your flooding problem. I can't even imagine having to go to bed with that going on. Wonder what in the world could be happening? I hope you get some answers today. Hugs to you.

jmh123.........Congrats on finding extra Clay money.............Hee This is the first year we have ever got a refund. Only from the state, though. No federal refund.

Couchie, I hear you about the money not being worth staying for. Sometimes one just has to consider their sanity and get the hell out with their dignity in tact. I left a stressful job last year. It wasn't the job really. It was the manager. She definitely needed to retire. Or else go back and take a refresher course on how to deal with people. Her people skills were sorely lacking. First time in my life I ever spoke back to a superior. She was lucky she got a weeks notice from me. I usually give two weeks but she only got one. Drill sargeant from hell. Disrespectful, unappreciative. Liked to yell at people in front of their coworkers. However, she was as honest and go by the book as you could find. Go by the book, to a fault.

Rose this is the first time I have checked out your site. Very nice.