# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Geez, I don't even like kids all that much and can only stand babies for about ten minutes at a time, but those pictures of Clay with the wee ones might have made my ovaries shoot out a couple of extra eggs.

What a man, what a man, what a mighty fine man...

What a man, what a man, what a mighty fine man...

BWAH.. I read the blog, got inspired and wrote a draft of my own blog to post later tonight. My title? What a man, What a Mighty Good man. You thief. Get outta my head.

And word on the kids and babies. heee.

From Austin Clay Fan on the Clayboard

on 96.7 KISS FM in Austin, TX! They were talking about his trip to Afghanistan and how great and brave he was to go there. :clap And they mentioned that he tested the water for contamination and they even commented on the beard! :thumbup They also played invisible in the background while they were talking about him.

Interesting... I'm signed into the OFC and am on the Tour page. There is now verbiage about a unique pre-sale code. The code will be only good for Ticketmaster pre-sales. I would assume these would be individually assigned and trackable.

What the??? Tulsa is July 4th????? What is going on here? Instead of straightening this out, they seem to be muddying things worse. Now I will take a deep breath and wait for more information, I am just going to pretend I didn't see this.

It will all work out and I can go look at some beaooo-tiful pictures today, I need to look at the larger sized ones so I can thrill people with details they may have not noticed!

That NPR interview is very interesting

Well shoot! According to the Tour Page at the OFC Tulsa is now the first concert! It is now on July 4th! Guess that means no Frisco, but could it mean Dallas is back on???

I hate the idea of being at the 2nd concert! I want to be at the first concert!!!! ***stamps feet and pouts...***

Off to check airfares to Tulsa then from Tulsa to Houston.....

ETA: I forgot. I ran into a grocery store on my home from work to pick up a few things and as I walked in I heard this wonderful voice coming from the speakers - and quite loudly! It was Clay singing "Solitaire"!! I hadn't heard that song in ages!! Its so nice when you get to hear him unexpectedly!

Edited by Claygasm

I'm home and in shock at the news about Va. Tech. I grew up just southwest of Richmond and so many of people from my high school went on to Va Tech. I remember one weekend when I drove my 1964 Chevy Belair (named "Bella, the Big Blue Bomb") to visit a friend there. Another friend went with me and we held our breath many times when Bella's struggling fuel pump made getting up the many hills a question mark. One of my retread tires blew out and we pulled over safely----right in front of a state police building!

I just remember the mountains and the huge campus.

And now, so many years later, I think of those poor young people and their families. And imagine how life would seem if my daughter were a student there---or a victim. Would the news come in a telephone call?

The world needs more Clay Aikens.

Well shoot! According to the Tour Page at the OFC Tulsa is now the first concert! It is now on July 4th! Guess that means no Frisco, but could it mean Dallas is back on???

I hate the idea of being at the 2nd concert! I want to be at the first concert!!!! ***stamps feet and pouts...***

Off to check airfares to Tulsa then from Tulsa to Houston.....

ETA: I forgot. I ran into a grocery store on my home from work to pick up a few things and as I walked in I heard this wonderful voice coming from the speakers - and quite loudly! It was Clay singing "Solitaire"!! I hadn't heard that song in ages!! Its so nice when you get to hear him unexpectedly!

DAMN - I can't keep track of what is and isn't the scheduled first concerts in Texas. Anybody want to check my page and tell me what to change for me??? I'd really be grateful!!

CLAY'S SUMMER CONCERT SCHEDULE... (I havent' had time to explore - is it on FCA somewhere? :wub: )

I heard Clay twice in one week a little while back! We heard "Without You" in Applebee's, and then I heard "Invisible" in the grocery store!

Va Tech - More senseless tragedy by way of the gun.

I am reminded of a line from Bob Dylan's classic song "Blowin in the Wind".....

"How many times must the cannon balls fly before they're forever banned....

How many deaths will it take til he knows that too many people have died...."

A friend of mine from college now teaches in their theater department. I actually have lost touch with him. The last I saw him was at the last reunion I attended - about 11 years ago I guess. I'm sure he's ok, but I sure wish I had a way to get in touch with him.

I know some of you have already seen this but this wallpaper from Fountaindawg at the CH is truly needed on a day like today - and every day...

UNICEFRipplesws.jpg

The world needs more Clay Aikens.

Now this from muski - THIS should be a thread title!

Hee, same thing happened to me tonight! I wrote a blog about it. :)

You want to laugh about something on this tragic day???

Go to the OFC Tour page.

They talk about the new presale procedure. They list two venues whose presale dates will not be handled by Ticketmaster so they won't have the new password. One of the venues is Tulsa. The date of the concert they list is July 7th!

Scroll down a bit to the full schedule (at least full for now....). Tulsa is listed as July 4th!

I swear, whoever updates that website is on drugs!!

:bigemo_harabe_net-24:

luckiest1, loved your blog!

And I loved Clay's blog too.

Clay really does remind you of all that is good in this world.

And on a day like today more than ever, we need to be reminded.

What a great blog from Clay. Love his little HA HA. Did he trademark that heee. I love his willingness to put aside his preconceived notions adn really open his heart and learn. Of course this doesn't suprise me one little bit.

ChaChaTrusty, thanks for the pretties. I'm going to have to start rotating them!!

Well I guess some movement is being made on Tulsa/Dallas. Hopefully this will be wrapped up soooooon. I'll wait to see what happens before I figure out what I want to do. I really want to go to a first concert. We shall see.

play - I feel for ya with the flooding problems. Just when I thought it was all over, tonight mr cct comes up from the basement and announces our sump pump stopped working. We spent the next two hours moving stuff, and throwing away wet stuff. I didn't think it would be a problem - I might have checked earlier, but am not real sure what I could have done!! Appaerently the float got stuck or something, TG we don't need to replace it! Anyhow - I'm tired!!

But before I retire - here is the companion to the wallpaper I made earlier today. This one is for wide screens.

VOILA!

clay2WPafg1440sm.jpg

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: thanks couchie!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Sorry bottlecap, but when you're back at work after being gone for a week, dancing bananas is the LAST thing on my mind. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This Tulsa/Dallas/Houston thing couldn't get more confusing if it tried, could it? *continues to be Zen*

Everyone have a great day!

Did you notice I finally made it over 100 posts by saying absolutely nothing.....you guys always say it all so well I hesitate to open my mouth! lol

Well, I think that milestone deserves some dancing 'nanas...

:nanaonacid::dancingnana::nanadance3::nanalove::nanadance2::dancingbanana::nanascary:

bottlecap rolls off singing ala JT: "I'm bringin' 'nanas back... Yeah!"

Ok, here's something to make you chuckle this morning.

From Fountaindawg at the CH, St. Claysis of Assisi!

th_StClaysisofAssisi.jpg

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA: For those still convinced Clay won't be singing anything from ATDW on this tour (you know, because he hates its so much....), this is from the blurb on the Mann Center site:

American idol star, Clay Aiken, graces The Mann Center stage for an amazing evening of song including hits from his newest album A Thousand Different Ways.

Of course, some would probably argue he had no hits from ATDW.......

Edited by Claygasm

My blog up

rcknrllmom yay for your hundred posts!!

Yay for Muski being back to get me off my butt. I did walk one day Muski. heee.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Clay live again. I just love him up on that stage. When I was moving Clayventures from blogger over to FCA last night I had a blast reliving some of the fun times from JBT - the Clay friends stuff but Clay's antics on stage. Clay's reaction to Vermont is a great little city still can make me laugh outloud.

American idol star, Clay Aiken, graces The Mann Center stage for an amazing evening of song including hits from his newest album A Thousand Different Ways.

Wheeeee, I love it! Can't wait!

couchie, thanks for the blog link. Great job! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Beautiful and touching blog, Missy Couch, thankyou for saying so eloquently what I'm thinking.

Saw Taylor HIcks last night and I have to say , run don't walk to his show if he comes to your area. It's a huge soul show with Mr. "Churnin' Urn of Burnin' Funk" (tmJT). Wow! What a musical talent. I was very impressed. His Soul Patrollers were out in full force.

My only critique is that he doesn't touch you like Clay- he looks down a lot and relates more to the band. Obviously, his fans didn't care. But that said, AI really tied him down- he is a solid pro and musical as hell.

Met some folks who said they were fans of Clay but never knew he toured. They don't do the boards. Makes me wonder if only message boarders know about Clay's shows?

All on Black Monday. I am still grieving for those kids and families. So many questions. I wish gun control really existed here as it does in so many other countries. And what drives one soul to do such damage?

I have to agree that Clay , who has suffered so much, is such a bright light. I agree with you couch, he is an inspiration, indeed. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by Divayenta

Beautiful and touching blog, Missy Couch, thankyou for saying so eloquently what I'm thinking.

Huh? What couchie blog? Where? :huh:

I started writing stuff on the bus this morning---no, not THAT stuff---because after the VaTech horror and Clay's "Field Notes", I'm truly grasping for something to understand. I was SOOOOO happy to be home again and to hug my daughters. I have to share this---

Alex and I had hugged and said goodnight already. She was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I was at the computer. Somehow the Virginia Tech massacre came up and this conversation ensued:

Me: You know I visited that campus to see a friend who went to school there. (Told her the little story I posted here.) It's a really big campus. And the weird thing is that when I heard about what's happened, I wondered, "Did the parents get a phone call?"

Alex: Yeah...(seemed a little uncomfortable)

Me: 'Cause as a parent I can't stop thinking about what it would be like to get a phone call like that. And I missed you guys so much on this trip. (She smiles) I just...

Alex: Yeah, it's awful.

Me: Your kid goes off to school and you think it's just another day and....

Alex smiled again and walked over to me and hugged me. :wub: And then she said,

"I'm still going away to college, Mom."

:blink:

BWAH!

Me: I know you are, honey. I WANT you to...I just...

Alex: You need to get some sleep, Mom. G'night.