# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

See, except for "Moon River" and FWIML, there has been nothing mentioned that would surprise me with the set list. Not to mention - set lists have been known to change - sometimes even during the tour!

Then there is this line from the post I brought over:

The entire set list will not be confirmed until the concert.

Personally, we all know the orchestra will know the set list before the concert. They would have to. What I think this means is "STOP CALLING AND EMAILING US!!! EVEN IF WE DO KNOW, WE CAN'T TELL YOU!!!"

I am a spoiler whore. I admit it. But I would hate to know everything! Clay always seems to keep some surprises up his sleeve and I don't want to ruin all the surprises.

Of course, if I am not at a first concert I have NO will-power at all. I am tuned it for that cellcert no matter what!

Like I said. I am a spoiler whore.

The thing is I don't even think this is impatience...I don't get the sense that these are people that are excitedly anticipating the concert. Or like kids peaking at their presents at Christmas eve. To me these are people that want to prove a point or to win an argument. That or these are people that are afraid they have been wrong all these months and are trying to deal with that realization.

I thought the Houston article was a good one. It shows that there is a public demand for him. Historically, Houston has not been his best-selling market (I was there for NAT), but hopefully a successful show here will put the city on the map for future tours.

Idyjocelyn, I have to concur with you regarding the need for fans to gather advance information. I understand it, but I think it also can create problems. 1). I sometimes suspect that it can border on harassment, as venue personnel and others get bombarded, and 2) I believe it can create unnecessary angst and/or expectation. Quite honestly, I doubt Clay has finalized his set list at this time, and I would not be shocked if it isn't firm until the day of his first performance. Even then, he's often switched songs around after the tour starts.

Often, one sees a lot of anguish and debate over what this venue rep said or what that ticket seller described. However, I'd bet that many of them are not necessarily in possession of the most current, complete, and accurate set of information.

But why can't fans wait? Is it really that critical that one know the specifics at this time? Are there really that many who won't attend because of the set list? Some may say it matters, but you don't hear that voiced during ticket salesm

Then there is this line from the post I brought over:

The entire set list will not be confirmed until the concert.

Personally, we all know the orchestra will know the set list before the concert. They would have to. What I think this means is "STOP CALLING AND EMAILING US!!! EVEN IF WE DO KNOW, WE CAN'T TELL YOU!!!"

But that will go in one eye and out the other, or else it's too subtle, even by Clay standards.

I've heard now that people are thrilled that he's doing Invisible -- because it rocks out. Well of course he's gonna do Invisible, it's his "signature song," IMO.

I think people are gonna have to know every detail of this show before it even happens, and I think Ansa's reasoning is exactly why:

The thing is I don't even think this is impatience...I don't get the sense that these are people that are excitedly anticipating the concert. Or like kids peaking at their presents at Christmas eve. To me these are people that want to prove a point or to win an argument. That or these are people that are afraid they have been wrong all these months and are trying to deal with that realization.

There's got to be some reassurance that Clay is actually going to be that rock star, even if it's just for one song.

I'm a kid that did search high and low for my Christmas presents during the month of December. But for some reason, with Clay -- I have no desire to know much ahead of time. I think it's because I'm pretty positive that whatever he does, I'll enjoy it. Period. End of sentence. End of paragraph. End of post.

Well, if this is true, it looks like a Florida 3-fer:

Concert Alert:

From Misty1958 at the CB:

Hey Guys,

I just spoke with the Hard Rock in Orlando. The lady I spoke with said Clay will be there on August 19th. WooHoo!! 3 for Florida. I didnt hear it but supposedly it was announced on our local clear channel this morning 107.7. Darla

Now I wonder if this will be the final concert? I was being tempted into going to West Palm Beach if it were the final concert because airfares are dirt cheap.

Team Clay! We may not need or want to know the set list, but damn! We do need the whole schedule!!

Sheeeeeeeeeeit, this makes me just want to keep driving south after Asheville! ;)

ansa, total WORD to your post. It's all about proving something. I admit I am a spoiler ho but I also like surprises. And who in their right mind ever thought that he wouldn't sing Invisible? Oh, wait, the poddies who insisted he'd only sing fresh, new, original material, that's who. :lol:

Actually, I would expect the summer setlist to be pretty much set in stone at some point because of the need for the arrangements to be available for the orchestras ahead of time. I think it would be a little bit difficult to play "Stump the Band" and expect 42 musicians to be able to spontaneously improvise. :P

If Clay does a section with just his band (pure speculation on my part - who knows?), that would leave a little more leeway for changes.

And as each passing date that gets ferreted out, my hope for a better venue in the midwest goes up in a little more smoke... -_-

Actually, I would expect the summer setlist to be pretty much set in stone at some point because of the need for the arrangements to be available for the orchestras ahead of time. I think it would be a little bit difficult to play "Stump the Band" and expect 42 musicians to be able to spontaneously improvise. :P

If Clay does a section with just his band (pure speculation on my part - who knows?), that would leave a little more leeway for changes.

And as each passing date that gets ferreted out, my hope for a better venue in the midwest goes up in a little more smoke... -_-

Don't lose faith bottle..he has the east west and south coverd...he needs some midwest and I think there's 5 concerts more...

we will keep fingers crossed for you!!!

and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for Djs and other people that can go to Florida...a three fer is really worth the price of flight for me...but only one trip for me this tour.

Couchie..is this getting tempting???..last shows???

Awww, bottle. Don't give up hope! There is still that blaring 10-day gap between Dallas and Philly and a whole week between Meadowbrook and San Diego. There is even 6 days between LA and Raleigh. Certainly one of those routes can take them through more midwestern states!

I just really want to know where the last concert is. Since it appears I will be at the first, I kind of want to do what I did by accident for the JBT - first and last. That was great! But I have kind of thrown my tax refund budget to the wind so I want to be sure before I plan anything else.

Of course, there is that nasty need-to-find-a-job thing that will be tying a noose around my neck by August.....

Clay really is an addiction. A very serious addiction over which I have no control.

I'm a kid that did search high and low for my Christmas presents during the month of December. But for some reason, with Clay -- I have no desire to know much ahead of time. I think it's because I'm pretty positive that whatever he does, I'll enjoy it.
You know, my mom has always been bugged senseless by the fact that I am NOT that kid. I see presents with my name on them under the tree and don't even investigate. If I know someone's hiding a present from me in the house, I don't even think about looking for it.

For the JBT, I went to the second show--Mohegan Sun---and went out of my way NOT to find out what was in the show! So in a way it was like the first show.

I must lack the "CURIOSITY" gene or something.

I wish people would stop harrassing the venues about this...I mean I REALLY do. They're just creating yet another thing to angst about. Not knowing, knowing and hating, knowing and being disappointed, etc. God.

Meanwhile, my hubby and I cleaned the patio and planted purdy flowers Sunday and I'm (so far) going to see Clay four times this summer! :allgood: :TourExcite:

The thing is, I could easily drag my ass down to Columbus if the venue looked more appealing. I just don't want to do a general admission, shoulder to shoulder on a freakin' lawn thing. If it was a regular theater, I'd be there like a shot.

Don't mind me - I'm just being whiny today. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

The thing is, I could easily drag my ass down to Columbus if the venue looked more appealing. I just don't want to do a general admission, shoulder to shoulder on a freakin' lawn thing. If it was a regular theater, I'd be there like a shot.

Don't mind me - I'm just being whiny today. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

But -- you could find a friend or two or nine and get a table.

From AprilLottie at Clayversity:

From the Columbus Symphony Orchestra ticket office (614-228-8600)

Here we go. . .

table for 2 approximately $100 (could be higher)

table for 4 approximately $150 (could be higher)

table for 6 (combine 2 and 4) $250 (could be higher)

table for 8 $350 - $450

table for 10 $900

The tables for 10 people is so high because it is closer to the stage.

The tables for 2, 4, 6, 8 people are lower because they are about 10 to 12 rows back.

There is no limit on the number of tables that can be bought. They might go fast depending on the artist.

Lawn ticket prices are $20 each.

This all happens May 3rd 8:00am

But I understand too...

There is no limit on the number of tables that can be bought. They might go fast depending on the artist.

huh?

You kiddin' me, right?

Somebody can buy an unlimited number of tables? Do you know what that means? :unsure: Holy shit. Let me just say that I'm quite happy that Columbus is not in my future. Good Lord.

It's so much easier once you accept that being a Clay fan will never be "cool," and why would anyone expect that it would be??

Absolutely! And to quote Lester Bangs from Almost Famous in one of my favorite movie lines of all time:

“The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with each other when we're being uncool.”

I just saw this on my Tuesday iTunes email...seems there's a 'new' compilation of '80's cover songs for sale, sung by current artists...There are 80 tunes...and I looked through them to see titles Clay has covered. He actually shows up as one of the artists contributing to this CD...but look at the rest of 'Clay's songs'...

When Doves Cry---The Be Good Tanyas

Broken Wings----Rick Springfield

Open Arms---Mariah Carey

Sailing----NSYNC

I Wanna Know What Love Is---Wynonna Judd

EVERY TIME YOU GO AWAY---CLAY AIKEN

Interesting, huh? So shall we take bets on how long we have before all the experts come out to play with this? Why this song and not others? Why no promotion linking this with his cd? Why why why? :Tour3:

Edited by muskifest

I feel bad about bringing over that item about the set list. It seems to have rubbed people the wrong way and I apologize.

I have to say I am a person who the expression "Curiosity killed the cat" was written for. I was the kid who had to find their presents. I am always trying to find out "secrets". I hate not knowing! But oh so often once I do find the present or find out the "secret" I am sorry I did because it takes some of the fun away.

I remember once in high school I was up for an award. I wanted to win it so badly I started snooping around where I knew the certificates were kept. I found them and saw I did win! I was excited for a moment, but then found out the awards were supposed to be given out as a surprise. Of course, when they were, I acted surprised, but the other people who were recepients of awards that night seemed to really enjoy the moment. Me? I just felt guilty for snooping.

I know what motivates a lot of the people who are calling these venues to find out the set list are doing so to either prove that they are right or so they can have time to make up excuses as to why they are wrong. But I also think there are a lot of people who are just plain curious.

The only time with Clay I have ever been good was with ATDW. I wouldn't listen to the snippets but that was because I was one of those who saw the track list and cringed. But this was Clay and when I heard these songs - so many of which I did not like originally - I wanted to give him every opportunity to wow me and I knew the snippets wouldn't afford me that chance. I guess I feel the same way about the set list to a point. What we know is enough. If I had to bet money I would have said he would sing songs from MOAM and "Invisible", TW and MOAM would be safe bets. BOTW I am not completely surprised at either. To the Not.US. types, if they saw AI, they know about his performance of that song. So none of those are a surprise and even were, to me, expected. Now we know about 2 surprises - if nothing changes. That's enough to wet my appetite. I'll just wait now for the main course.

I hope, because I am curious, that if people do get anymore scoops, they put them in spoiler boxes or with spoiler warnings - although I admit that just makes me more curious.

Let's face it. I'm hopeless! But I PROMISE if I see anymore spoilers anywhere I will not bring them here. Maybe we can declare FCA a set-list spoiler free zone??

Sorry again for bringing that over.

It's so much easier once you accept that being a Clay fan will never be "cool," and why would anyone expect that it would be??

Absolutely! And to quote Lester Bangs from Almost Famous in one of my favorite movie lines of all time:

“The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with each other when we're being uncool.”

Totally cool quote...

Oh Claygasm...I am a spoiler ho too. I don't think people are uspet that you brought it here. If the info is out there...we or I at least...want to have it. I totally appreciate you posting it.

I think what leaves me shaking my head is that there are people constantly trying to get it. I think if I didn't know there are two factions in the fandom about this right now...I wouldn't mind all the searching and just put it down to simple curiosity. But because there is this conflict about the possible set list...every discovery becomes some kind of ammunition for one camp or the other.

But hey...I do not want to be behind in all the latest news so I appreciate people bringing stuff to FCA. It keeps me from roaming to other less friendly territory...

so Claygasm :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :allgood::allgood:

Let's face it. I'm hopeless! But I PROMISE if I see anymore spoilers anywhere I will not bring them here. Maybe we can declare FCA a set-list spoiler free zone??

Sorry again for bringing that over.

Oh, please don't feel bad! I'm a spoiler whore of the worst order. I've never stayed unspoiled for anything Clay related. As much as I wish people would stop pestering the venues, if the info is out there, I want to know it. *smacks self*

Hmmmmmmm....ETYGA, eh? I love that song. What is the compilation album called? Do you have the iTunes link?

I just saw this on my Tuesday iTunes email...seems there's a 'new' compilation of '80's cover songs for sale, sung by current artists...There are 80 tunes...and I looked through them to see titles Clay has covered. He actually shows up as one of the artists contributing to this CD...but look at the rest of 'Clay's songs'...

When Doves Cry---The Be Good Tanyas

Broken Wings----Rick Springfield

Open Arms---Mariah Carey

Sailing----NSYNC

I Wanna Know What Love Is---Wynonna Judd

EVERY TIME YOU GO AWAY---CLAY AIKEN

Interesting, huh? So shall we take bets on how long we have before all the experts come out to play with this? Why this song and not others? Why no promotion linking this with his cd? Why why why? :Tour3:

Oh I forgot to mention this...totally cool...and I wonder who set this up???RCA??? oh no...this is SAM...right...

oh and ETYGA...is one of my favorite tracks...he loves MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

oh wait is that the next single...heh

What is the compilation album called? Do you have the iTunes link?
luckiest, when I follow the iTunes link in my email, it's just to the iTunes store...then it's under "The List: 80's Pop Covers". When you click "Check It Out" there, it gives you all 80 titles and who's singing them. The whole thing costs $79.20 or you can pay for individual downloads. There's no url when I'm at that site---at least when I go to it through my email.????

CG, please don't feel badly about bringing that post over at all. I understand the spoiler-ho thing too, even though I'm really not one. I have been for other things though, so it makes sense. You did NOTHING wrong.

:giveflowers:

Hee, I have a sister named Donna. Donna Marie to be exact. I always liked that name.

Welcome back Diva. cha cha your site is really looking nice.

"We've never seen response like this," symphony spokesman Art Kent said. "Not that we're unhappy about it. The response has been great. But I haven't even put out the press release."

That's what I like to read.

I love the placement of the "Measure of a Man" title for the other singer, too!

I haven't received my instructions on what to think about that yet, but I bet the new Vernal Equinox record label had something to do with it.

Bwahaa. You just know they did. LOL

So the song list has not been confirmed and won't be until the concert? Thanks for bringing that over Claygasm. It looks like, to me, that he will be singing songs from both MOAM & ATDW. Probably add in some more cover songs too. That's what I expected all along. A tour to support ATDW with MOAM thrown in and filler stuff. I never doubted that we would not get at least one uptempo song. Especially his biggest hit. Invisible.

You know....

In a way, I like hearing about things like what he's going to be doing ahead of time. There sometimes is a bit of "mental preparedness" when going into a Clay Aiken show that just needs to be done. IMO, it's just so that when you're blinded by the pretty and wowed by the voice, you'll remember thinking about this stuff before the show. *g*

But at the same time....

I'm getting more than a bit freaked by fans emailing and emailing and calling and emailing some more, just to get details and information on these shows. I liken this to fans who took to emailing and talking to the CD distributors after ATDW was released (which bugged the snot out of me). Can't we, as a fandom, just go into the show and ENJOY what is given to us? Or does it have to be analyzed like there is no tomorrow, and judgements made about the show, even before walking into the theater? Besides -- the shows are just over 3 months away! There's plenty of time for publicity to come out that will tell more of the story.

Sorry -- I'm venting here, but the impatience of this fandom really makes me see red sometimes. (And yes, I was one who with MOAM, MCWL AND ATDW, waited until actually getting a copy in my hand before making pronouncements....and most people call me weird for that.)

Carry on.

I.Could.Not.Believe.That.Happened. It absolutely blew my mind. Waaaaay over the line.

Good observation. I also think some people just like to be the 1st to get the news for bragging rights. HaHaHa I also agree with what JennaZ said.

I believe it can create unnecessary angst and/or expectation.
This is what I hate the most about unsubstantiated rumors and, supposed, inside information. The angst it creates.

Muski that was a great find. I happen to love Clay's version of Every Time You Go Away. Looove it.

Claygasm you didn't bother me by sharing your information. I have never stayed a "Virgin" when it comes to anything Clay. I think it depends, for me, on what kind of information people are trying to get. Somethings should be left alone and fans not privy to. Somethings should just occur without fan interference. I don't think a set list falls into that category. *g*

Nice quote keepingfaith.