Lost

ldyjocelyn

Hey -- I'm here! I don't have season 3 on DVD yet, but I think I might try to find a season recap somewhere online to read before the new season starts. I can't wait for it all to start!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I FINALLY got to see the season 4 trailer -- it was a movie preview before the film my husband and I went to see on Sunday. OMG. This season looks fantastic! So many new questions, and I cannot wait.

BTW, Best Buy has season 3 on sale this week, for $29.99. I'm hoping to pick that up this week.

Don't forget....

....a rerun of the finale for last season is on ABC January 30. Then, on January 31, there will be a "summary episode" (for last season) followed by the premiere.

Sadly, my husband will be away from the TV on Thursday evening, and we always watch it together. Therefore, I won't be able to comment until Friday night!

LOVE the show last night.

I got so emotional seeing Charlie...I bet he will be haunting Hurley for a while...YAY!!!

My theory...they will use this season to show how the oceanic 6 got off the island. I think its Hurley in the coffin.

I am intrigued by the split and why Hurley feels it was a mistake to go with Locke.

The other guy that visited hurley was just too creepy.

I have a feeling the six somehow got hold of a ship and was found at sea and not at the island.

I think Sawyer is one of the six and is with Kate.

The other guy that visited hurley was just too creepy.

My husband and I looked at each other during that section and said "if he's blocking Hurley's superpowers...." [/lame Heroes reference]

I just KNEW Hurley would be one who would be rescued. OTOH, I don't agree with Ansa about Hurley being in the coffin, even though the timeline would possibly work with Jack's flash forward. I think it's either Locke or Sawyer (the latter due to the foreshadowing line "I'm surviving").

The split is definitely interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing if people "switch teams" at some point. For example, I can't see Sawyer staying with Locke for long; I think he'll miss Kate way too much. And will Sayid get sick of Jack's leadership? I can see that possibly happening.

Best line of the night, from Hurley (to Jack): "you'll look terrible in a beard."

Hurley telling Claire about Charley made me cry.

I think Sawyer is one of the six and is with Kate.

I sure hope so! I love them together!

I don't think its Hurley in the coffin either. No one was at the funeral home and every one liked Hurley!

But he was going nuts... can see him going deeper into his psychosis and alienating everybody.

At one tie I thought...it can;t be a person that was vital to the story...but then death may not be the end of a character in this show...

I think two of the others who leave the island are Jin and Sun, mainly because I think it will allow them to have the baby off the island.

As for the person in the coffin, I'm with CG on this. I really don't think it's Hurley, because I can't imagine him becoming so alienating that no one but Jack would show up.

My theory: the person in the coffin is Ben. I think it would be an interesting twist if someone who didn't want to leave was actually forced to do so, and Ben probably wouldn't have friends or acquaintances off the island. I suspect that the reason Jack was so upset to read about his death was because he thought he was the one guy who might be able to get back to the island. He may have gone to the funeral hoping to meet others who might have such knowledge, but was disappointed to see no one else there.

I think two of the others who leave the island are Jin and Sun, mainly because I think it will allow them to have the baby off the island.

As for the person in the coffin, I'm with CG on this. I really don't think it's Hurley, because I can't imagine him becoming so alienating that no one but Jack would show up.

My theory: the person in the coffin is Ben. I think it would be an interesting twist if someone who didn't want to leave was actually forced to do so, and Ben probably wouldn't have friends or acquaintances off the island. I suspect that the reason Jack was so upset to read about his death was because he thought he was the one guy who might be able to get back to the island. He may have gone to the funeral hoping to meet others who might have such knowledge, but was disappointed to see no one else there.

Thats a interesting theory....I like it. For all we know they still don't know who it will be...hee

Wow! What an episode! Although it did raise some new questions, curiously enough, it also solidified some things for me.

1. The fact that Abbaddon sent in a team that included a physicist, an anthropologist, and a psychic suggest to me that his organization believes the island to be what, in fact, what it seems to be: a place where 1) the laws of physics may operate in unusual ways, 2) unusual things have been happening for a long time, and 3) ghosts and/or other supernatural manifestations may actually be present. Thus, what appears to be the ghost of Jack's father, may actually be the ghost of Jack's father and not merely some mental hallucination or other artificially constructed apparition.

2. The fact that the pilot was convinced that the body shown was not that of Seth Norris tells me that this organization may have spent an extraordinary amount of money and energy to keep people from looking for the survivors, and perhaps, the island. I think they're desperately trying to keep the island a secret, perhaps so that they can exploit it for their own gain. My guess is that they once had access to it, but lost contact with it when the Looking Glass station jammed signals. I predict that at some point after Jack, Kate, and Hurley leave the island, the signal will be jammed again, preventing outsiders from finding the island (and thus keeping anyone else from getting rescued, and preventing Jack from locating it later).

3. My guess is that only the "Oceanic Six" leave the island because that helicopter can only hold six or seven people (if you include the pilot). If they came for Ben, I can imagine him being one of the ones taken away. Once that helicopter leaves the island, it probably won't be able to get back.

4. It's interesting that Ben confessed that he didn't know what the monster was. Of course, it's mind blowing that he knew the identities of the "rescuers." Makes me wonder if no one really knows the full nature of the island. Also makes me think that Ben still has a lot more up his sleeve than we've been lead to believe.

Should be a fascinating season to come...

oh yeah totally love this episode...

at first I thought we were seeing flash forwards again but I guess they were flashbacks of the rescuers.

I suspect these are the dharma initiative people that used to study the island. Remember they used to bring experts to the island to study it. Then when the "natives" of the island got hold of Ben and he turned against dharma...they were able to make the island undetectable. But I bet the rest of the dharma people have been trying to get back on the island and get it under control again. Ben became part of the island and has been trying to solve its mystery or been doing its bidding. I think his mandate changed...it was more how to make the island live again by solving the problem of having more children.

I don't think dharma can send people directly but people have been stumbling into the island...maybe the island itself is attracting them. when they stopped pushing the button they became visible again and now dharma was able to find them. They were there mainly to find Ben because they know he is the one in control.

I agree with your other theory with the helicopter..I really don't think the oceanic six were found in the island itself...

so very interesting...

Hey I thought we might be way behind on episodes so I have stopped myself from reading here but , now that I gave in and read a bit, I see maybe we are only one behind! Yay! I am out of theories but you all have given me something to think about!

WHOA!!!

Ben lives! But I don't think he is considered one of the Oceanic 6 (since he wasn't on the plane). And why is Sayid working for him of all people!!! And who all is he killing?

And Sawyer is sooooooo in love with Kate!!! He has nothing if he doesn't have her! I sure hope he is one of the Oceanic 6 so they can be together because if he's not I would be mad that she doesn't want to go back and fine him!

Seems I am talking to myself!

So we have another of the Oceanic 6 revealed - and I didn't see that one coming!

So there is Jack and Kate and Hurley and Sayid and Aaron. Only one more to be revealed. Who will it be?

Why did they make up the story Jack told on the witness stand?

Where are the others? Alive? Dead? Still on the island? Is Claire dead? Did they take Aaron and leave her behind?

So many questions!

I kinda figured that the son was Aaron. just because it seemed like the boy was old enough to come to court. I didn't think this was far enough into the future for Kate to get pregnant and have a child that old.

I just assumed that the six were the only ones that were able to get off the island to get saved. I suspect they are lying about how the survived to cover up the existence of the island. For some reason they have joined in the conspiracy with the island to keep it all a secret.

Are we really positive that Aaron is part of the Oceanic 6? Technically, he wasn't on the manifest of the plane.

I honestly hadn't even thought of Aaron being the kid. For a minute I thought maybe Kate and Jack had gotten it on at the island too, and that's where the kid came from.

I'm still fascinated by this show. I just don't watch it obsessively!

I never really watched the show before, certainly not more than a few seconds flipping through (not a critique of the show, just usually am watching people decorate or cook!) - have they always had those lovely comments at the bottom? It was sorta like watching Pop-Up Video (I love that show!), and it was v. helpful.

I never really watched the show before, certainly not more than a few seconds flipping through (not a critique of the show, just usually am watching people decorate or cook!) - have they always had those lovely comments at the bottom? It was sorta like watching Pop-Up Video (I love that show!), and it was v. helpful.

I think they did this for the review episodes...to refresh people's memory about the storyline cos it can get pretty complicated...but I don't think the regular episodes had any comments.