# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

rcknrllmom I so echo your sentiments about being in the same room with him when he sings. I also got the pleasure of winning a stub hub in NY on 12/4/05 and got to spend about 20 minutes with him. What a wonderful experience. Sure hope I can win a free meet and greet this time around.

What concerts are you heading to?

So far NONE...I have been waiting to see a final schedule to see if there are any around here I can get to...IF not...then I have to figure out how to get two tickets to one somewhere and a way there, etc!!!!!!!! I am pretty zen about it though.....something will work out somehow! someday...somewhere!

Sigh. I'm afraid that it is possible for 6th graders (who can range in age from 11 to 13) to be sexually active...especially with the age of the onset puberty dropping so rapidly in recent years...believe it or not, in the U.S. the onset on puberty in girls is normally 10-11 now, with cases of breast development as early as 8 or 9.

It's a complicated issue for me...and I admit that I've never been one to think that ignorance of the basic facts is a good thing, but I also think for the last 20 years there has been a gross oversexualization of younger and younger children.

Yay for Clay and UNICEF!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: georgiaclay! I always like seeing your name out there. And this:

He is a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.

Is so, so perfect.

For anybody who has made a $50 donation to UNICEF, did you get your PDF link yet to his Afghan report? I'll probably do mine today...

No, I haven't gotten anything yet (I did my donation last Sunday). I think the donation form said they would send out the report link by May 15, so they've got time. Hope they do it quickly, though -- there will be some fans who will go Clay Aiken on UNICEF if they don't get their stuff soooooooooooon.

Yeah, guess I am shallow, I think lay is growing intohis looks. I have come to the conclusion that the AI make up people made him cute, but he had the look of a really handsome man inside him all the time. Now, he looks best in his natural self.

People are always a work in progress. I find Clay fascinating for exactly that reason -- I've loved watching the changes in his look and his demeanor over the past few years. He's really grown into a fine man, and I'm so happy and proud. The comfort levels he has, and the confidence he has -- it's always been there, I'm sure, but it's developed and grown. I love it.

Claygasm, I am very glad that your friend is OK, and what he wrote hit me pretty hard. I can agree with your sentiments about living life to its fullest, because things can be very fragile. And yet, I look at my life sometimes and just think that I'm wasting it away. It's tough.

But that's where I like the example that is Clay Aiken. I know I'm gonna sound all angelwingy here, but it makes me feel so very glad that there are people out there like him -- one that tries his best to give all he can to his life, and to the lives of others.

I also think things like the incident yesterday in Virginia, or learning more about the troubles in other countries, makes me realize that arguing over marketing plans, and ticket screwups, and things like that are so very minor in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes, I've just got to let go.

Wow that just has me in tears. I KNOW that life is fragile....lost my father at age 4. Ran across a book once that was called The Loss That Is Forever...about how losing a parent affects your whole life. Since I learned about mortality so young and how someone you love can be taken at any time my whole world was changed. When I faced my own mortality almost 5 years ago , with 4 young children, I have decided to live my life. To have fun...to find the JOY!! I have to sometimes remind myself to not sweat the small stuff because none of it really matters in the end!!

{{{{{{{{rcknrllmom}}}}}}}}}}

And I SURE HOPE that isnt the last of the dates to be announced...I MUST go see this tour...Clay live just replenishes my soul...and I need a bit of that right now!!!!!!!!!

I've always believed in "where there's a will, there's a way." If this is the last date of the tour, people will figure out how to get to a show, somehow. I know the other possibility is painful, but there are cellcerts and reports that can help a bit.

muski, your story is one of the reasons why I don't have children. I couldn't deal with that kind of situation. It's funny, though -- two of the non-parents (me and CG) both agree that the parents shouldn't be contacted. As Ansa said, the parents might be OK with it. (I know, boggles my mind too....)

Welcom claylily! Enjoy your time here!

message50.gif

Yaya for Clay!!!

millionsmile.gif

BWAH!!!!

Go Clay! Go UNICEF!!! Loved reading about the power of his suggestion....

from the OFC

A select number of 2007 summer tour tickets will be auctioned off to benefit the Bubel/Aiken Foundation. This year’s foundation ticket auction is being organized through Ticketmaster. Venues on this tour that do not use the Ticketmaster system will not be able to participate. Ticketmaster shows should have two pairs of front row tickets and a meet’n’greet to bid on for approximately a 10-day auction.

You may currently bid on a pair of front row tickets for the shows on 7/19 in Canadaigua, NY and for the 8/18 show in West Palm Beach, FL by clicking here.

You can also check this link for additional auctions as they are confirmed. Ticketmaster-venue shows that have not yet had a presale or onsale should generally have the Bubel/Aiken auction start at the same time of the presale, but check the auction page for individual confirmations.

from the OFC

A select number of 2007 summer tour tickets will be auctioned off to benefit the Bubel/Aiken Foundation. This year’s foundation ticket auction is being organized through Ticketmaster. Venues on this tour that do not use the Ticketmaster system will not be able to participate. Ticketmaster shows should have two pairs of front row tickets and a meet’n’greet to bid on for approximately a 10-day auction.

You may currently bid on a pair of front row tickets for the shows on 7/19 in Canadaigua, NY and for the 8/18 show in West Palm Beach, FL by clicking here.

You can also check this link for additional auctions as they are confirmed. Ticketmaster-venue shows that have not yet had a presale or onsale should generally have the Bubel/Aiken auction start at the same time of the presale, but check the auction page for individual confirmations.

I am NOT rich WHY????????????????? I would so bid on one......duh huh?

Edited by rcknrllmom

"These things remind us of our utter frailty and our limit." I think we all forget at times how fragile life is, how it can all shatter in a moment. I know for me I fritter away time like I'll always have tomorrow. I never want to live like I'm dying tomorrow, but I do want to make a greater effort to get as much out of the life I have as I can because life is fragile. I so often look at my life and say what a waste. Not sure how I'll change that, but I want to.

Thanks for sharing this, Claygasm.

I do think it's important for all of us to appreciate what we have when we have it, because one never knows what could happen tomorrow. That's why I find so much of the whining, complaining, and doom-and-gloom speculation exasperating. I mean, I understand the desire to vent, but there's so much in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate and savor. Claygasm, I don't know your whole life, but I tend to believe it isn't a waste because I've seen your ability to see the positive in things. I think the real "wasters" are those who choose to spend their time wallowing in bitterness and paranoia.

I also think things like the incident yesterday in Virginia, or learning more about the troubles in other countries, makes me realize that arguing over marketing plans, and ticket screwups, and things like that are so very minor in the grand scheme of things.

Very true, ldyjocelyn. When one thinks about the starvation of children around the world, or the deaths of innocents in our own country, the "problem" of whether one can make it to to three concerts or four seems rather petty. Perspective is an important thing, and I hope others in the fandom begin to develop a sense of it.

Terrific news about Unicef reaching the $139K!

from the OFC

This is cool. I also hope that they are going to do the M&G contests again this year through the OFC, for those of us who don't have (and frankly never will have) the kind of money to bid on these expensive auctions.

For those interested, here is some information on the Frisco concert someone posted at CV:

I have a little more info about the Freedom Fest in Frisco. I e-mailed a Jennifer Kimble from their Contact Us heading at the Freedom Fest site. She called me personally and she told me that Clay would be the only act and it would be before the fireworks. She said he would have a 45 piece orchestra with him. I asked if they were providing it and she said she thought he was bringing it with him. Hmmm.. Is that even possible? She didn't know how long his set would be but I said that if he is bringing that large an orchestra, I would think it would be at least 45 min. to an hour. She thought so too, She did not know what time the soccer game would be that was up to the PHP. She also said they would have chairs put on the field. She said keep checking their site and PHP site for more information.

Hmmm. A 45-piece orchestra on a soccer field. That should be interesting!

Honestly, except for the orchestra, it sounds like that early show of the NAT in Wisconsin. Wasn't it held on a baseball field?

And sure, orchestras can play on soccer fields, especially on the fourth of July. They can pull out "Stars and Stripes Forever" to play during the fireworks.

Actually sounds like it might be fun, even if the heat would probably be opressive. But hey -- sweaty Clay!

But hey -- sweaty Clay!

Oh don't even tempt me with that idea!!! :hubbahubba:

Another plus - I bet they allow cameras!

And he should have a full house. People even sit through bad baseball games to see fireworks!

But I do worry about hecklers......

Latest UNICEF Fieldnote

We've heard from hundreds of you today. Thanks for your comments here on Fieldnotes, your emails, posts on your own sites, and of course your donations. Again, congratulations on exceeding the $100,000 goal.

Want to know what the new total for Clay Aiken's Appeal for the Children of Afghanistan? As of 5:15 p.m. tonight, we're at: $145,902.31 here in the US. We'll post a total from Canada soon too.

WOW! I'm wondering if the total may hit over $200,000. And it looks as if the Canadian funds aren't even included in this total!

___

CG, I wouldn't worry too much about hecklers (although I understand that reaction totally). Just looks at your avatar, and imagine that Clay will be doing that to anyone that heckles him. He'll be good to go!

WooHoo New thread. Love the title.....

Well I have to agree with all those who advised not to approach the parents of those kids. I want to think that it is just a case of bragging and didn't really happen, but that would be naive of me. There is also Marijuana prevalent in many elementary schools. It is no shock to me that younger kids are engaging in sex and drugs. It permeates our culture. Music, TV, and magazines. Sad to say. I would also advise talking to the school guidance counselor. She would more than likely talk to the kids first and foremost. Then make a decision as to whether to talk to the parents.

YOU GO CLAY............................ :F_05BL17blowkiss: When you're hot you're hot, and boy you're on fire.

Look at how much money he is raising in such a short time. I predict $150,000.00 by the end of 10 days.

muski I'm so glad that your old friend is ok. His words were quite emotional. Thanks for sharing that. It does make one wonder how someone can sit around and whine about their personal comfort at a concert when people have lost their children. Many parents lost an only child. AN ONLY CHILD. Sure puts things in perspective for me. I could go on a rant about my concert venue not being eligible for bidding on front row tickets & a meet and greet, but I'm won't. Nope, not going to cry and whine like a baby. Won't throw myself in the floor and have a tantrum. No way. No, I will just be disappointed with class. Go to my venue and be delighted to have Clay performing for me. Front row, back row, indoors, outdoors, whatever. Of course up front is always better. *g*

:party038:

rcknrllmom I hope we get one more midwest venue. I want all Clay's fans to have something close to go to. I have Clay friends still holding out hope. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Where would you be coming from? Is Tulsa not doable for you?

Idy, they may talk me into Frisco after all. Hee I can stand up and holler "I Love You Clay." LOL

I can wear my shorts and not have to be dressed up and all reserved. If Clay gets too hot on stage maybe he will lose a couple of layers of shirts. Now "That's Hot." Scratches chin. Thinking thinking......

YOU GO CLAY............................ F_05BL17blowkiss.gif When you're hot you're hot, and boy you're on fire.

Look at how much money he is raising in such a short time. I predict $150,000.00 by the end of 10 days.

Well clayzorback its obvious no one has brought the latest news over...

from fieldnotes:

We've heard from hundreds of you today. Thanks for your comments here on Fieldnotes, your emails, posts on your own sites, and of course your donations. Again, congratulations on exceeding the $100,000 goal.

Want to know what the new total for Clay Aiken's Appeal for the Children of Afghanistan?

As of 5:15 p.m. tonight, we're at: $145,902.31 here in the US. We'll post a total from Canada soon too.

muski I'm so glad that your old friend is ok.
Clayzorback...it is actually CG's friend, not mine. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

An update on the school sex thing. I called the guidance counselor but didn't give my name, my daughter's name or the names of the girl and boy in question. We discussed things about the role of the school in teaching values/sex ed, etc.; the limitations of the school authority on such things, especially if the alleged actions did NOT occur on campus and didn't have witnesses. She talked about the importance of the family influencing kids' behaviors, etc. I told her that if I actually KNEW one or both of the children in question, I'd definitely approach the parents with the rumors, but that since I don't know them I just wanted to field questions to her.

Bottom line is that she suggests that if I think there is anything to this other than just adolescent gossip, I could write an anonymous letter to the principal with the students' names. That would give the principal the decision whether or not to tell the parents of those two kids that he'd been made aware of such things and felt it was his responsibility to know about them, too.

Actually, what all this has done for me is to make me sure that it's time to have MORE of "The Talk" with Carrie. She and I have done only rudimentary discussion of sex---just basics. She's always been so childlike and uninterested in 'growing up'---Alex asked me for all the information she could absorb when she was EIGHT! and was ready for it, too. She's always been an "old soul". But Carrie's always been really far behind in emotional maturation, so I didn't really go into all the gory details with her.

This new interest in silliness---in gossip with friends on the phone, in talking about the boy next to her who is always bugging her (and that she's told me she 'likes'), all the sharing about who's 'breaking up' with whom, etc.---it's all, along with this latest horror story (real or exaggerated)---It's all a big flashing neon sign for me to gather those library books and sit down with my second daughter for those gory details! :medium-smiley-070: I want her to understand what it's ALL about---as much as she's ready to know now.

For all we know when somebody told her they'd "done it", they were talking about how they kissed with tongues! :lol: Although I did ask Carrie what SHE meant about having 'done it' and she confirmed that it was really....."it". :o

:scream:

Okay, enough of all this sex talk.

Unless, of course, you'd like me to talk about sex and CLAY! :hubbahubba:

OMG..............Ansamcw. Thanks for the update. That boy really is on fire. That total doesn't even include the Canadian totals. Oh my Heavens. I need to raise my prediction to $225,000.00 *g* Go Clay Go Clay

Sorry Claygasm. My bad. Trying to hurry and got confused. Does that ever happen to y'all? LOL

I will still keep my fingers crossed rcknrllmom, for a closer concert to you.

I had to post and run. Husband came back from the Ear Nose and Throat doctor. Not good news. I then had to go get prescriptions filled and get him a nice cold Banana Cream Pie shake. To soothe his tongue after they cut a piece for biospy. Doctor thinks it's Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the tongue. So I need to get off here and show him some loving. I also need to research it a bit on the computer so I know what the doctor is talking about. Have a good evening girls.

{{{{Clayzorback & Mr. Clayzorback}}}}

I wonder what it would be like to meet him. I hope they bring back the lottery meet and greets through the OFC (now that I can get their email). Jerome could line me up against a wall read me the riot act with all its fine print and addenda…..whatever he wants to do....I’d just like to have the chance and maybe a slight memory of the experience.

WOW! I'm wondering if the total may hit over $200,000. And it looks as if the Canadian funds aren't even included in this total!

It wouldn’t surprise me, in the least, if the total amount raised does hit the $200,000 mark....and then some.

In the midst of all the sadness and tragedy that has surrounded us this week, I’ve developed the oddest earworm….”This Little Light of Mine”….a remnant from Brownie camp of all places..…it keeps going ‘round and ‘round in my head and I’m pretty certain I owe it to Clay’s Field Notes Blog and those pictures from Afghanistan.

So, even though drooling was my initial reaction to that man holding a baby in his arms, but I guess I’m not as shallow as I first thought. Go figure!

But hey -- sweaty Clay!

Oh don't even tempt me with that idea!!!

Another plus - I bet they allow cameras!

I was NOT going to try and do Frisco on the 4th even though it is only 4 hours up the pike. If I get there it’s because my husband agreed that going up to Dallas on his day off was a swell thing to do, would make an excellent 25th anniversary present, understands that this means he’ll get incredibly lucky after, and can save a bundle of money on an exquisite piece of diamond jewelry if I forego my expectations of same in lieu of hot sweaty Clay......er.....a fabulous soccer game! The thing is…..I bet they will allow cameras at this one and I have my concerns about some of the others, especially Houston where they actually told me when I was buying the tickets, that cameras weren’t allowed. (Jeez….how did they know?) I think some places will be okay with it and some not, like the JNaT ’06. The idea that his might be an easy one for pix is very tempting.

In the meantime, and in anticipation of having to be sneaky sometimes, I’ve been researching small cameras that pack a big punch. I think I’ve found the right one but the darn thing only comes in silver and I was hoping to get a black one that would be easier to hide. I’m going to get it, anyway, and it looks like I’m going to have to learn a few tricks of the trade from the pros this summer.

I guess the first trick would be how to swing a $400 Mother’s Day present……

muski you're asking a rhetorical question here, right?

Unless, of course, you'd like me to talk about sex and CLAY!

**pulls up pillow on the floor closer to muski’s feet, leans on one elbow with chin in cupped hand, and settles in for the night. Tell me the one where he.........**

In the midst of all the sadness and tragedy that has surrounded us this week, I’ve developed the oddest earworm….”This Little Light of Mine”….a remnant from Brownie camp of all places..…it keeps going ‘round and ‘round in my head and I’m pretty certain I owe it to Clay’s Field Notes Blog and those pictures from Afghanistan.

Will you settle for a stirring rendition of "If You're Happy and You Know It" instead? New updates on the UNICEF Afghanistan page, including a link to a video. EEEEEE! Afghani Clack and a new song!!!

Well, Clayzor, you've really got me thinking about hot, sweaty Clay shedding clothes in Frisco. I'm wavering on this one and that just may be a determiner! But in my heart of hearts, having never seen Clay in concert before, I may be leaning to having second row in Houston for my virginal experience. I've been thinking about what Clay will be doing on July 5th. Could there be an Austin or San Antonio concert possibility?

The UNICEF totals are wonderful. I'm so proud of and for Clay. His reputation at UNICEF must be sky high after the Lebanon appeal last summer and now this. What a beautiful thing.

And .... I see that the new thread title is from one of my posts. What a nice surprise for a newbie, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Will you settle for a stirring rendition of "If You're Happy and You Know It" instead? New updates on the UNICEF Afghanistan page, including a link to a video. EEEEEE! Afghani Clack and a new song!!!

Oh. My. God.....on so many levels.