# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

I'm not holding my breath, but the way she mentioned Clay at the end of yesterday's show, it sounded like he would be in the studio. If so, I'm more anxious (in a good way - EXCITED!!!1!!!11!) about his appearance (beard? clean shaven? hair?) than about what he's going to talk about.

Clay Aiken: The ET Exclusive!

In an exclusive ET interview, CLAY AIKEN shows his support for fallen "Idol" SANJAYA MALAKAR, saying, "I rooted for him. I was disappointed when he got cut."

Sanjaya's attention-grabbing tactic of dramatically changing his hairstyle every week proved to be a good move for the controversial contestant, who managed enough votes to make it into the final seven.

"Good for him," Clay tells our JANN CARL. "He carved a niche for himself."

He adds that Sanjaya's bold style choices got his respect.

"Anybody who is comfortable enough to go in front of millions of people on TV with a Mohawk has my vote," he says.

The 28-year-old North Carolina native has gone a long way since his days at "American Idol" -- literally! He just returned from Afghanistan as part of his work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.

But even though he grew out a beard during his trip, the facial hair did little to disguise his famous face.

"Some of the girls giggled just a little bit," he says. "But they're very shy. Everybody who we met were just really hospitable and totally welcoming."

The trip was not without some drawbacks, however.

"I would be lying if I said that I was not nervous," Clay says. "I was very nervous before I left. I hugged all my family, said goodbye." His stay proved to be an eye-opening experience.

"It was interesting," he says. I was actually in Kabul at the same time DIANE SAWYER was and she was at a hotel less than a mile away from where we were. We were trying to get together for dinner, but we couldn't because she couldn't leave her hotel and I couldn't leave mine [at night]. That's the situation in Kabul."

For more of our Clay Aiken exclusive, watch tonight's ET!

280_caiken_int_070420_et.jpg

He shaved! Let the angsting begin!

He talks about Sanjaya! Let the angsting begin!

He's gonna be on my TV! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:allgood:

What angsting? That Clay lied abvout watching Idol? That must be one powerful drug!!!! You think you escape and it reels you back in......

Heeheeheehee

I think he is cute and that is that! What is he doing in Hollywood? Would he really fly out just for ET or would he have been interviewed via video phone?

Beard gone...... :cry4:

Gala hair gone..... :cry4:

Beard gone....... :cry4:

Perfect hair and beard gone...... :cry4::cry4:

I miss them both.... :cry4::cry4:

(plus the picture makes him look kind of puffy and like he has huge man-boobs! I kind of think its distorted a bit but still....)

On the upside, his highlights still look good, but boy oh boy, do I miss the beard!!!!!!!! :cry4:

I actually don't think the gala hair is "gone" -- it's just combed a different way. If he combed it down into bangs, I think it would look very similar to what he had then.

I do miss the beard though.

And yes, the picture looks skewed to me too. I think the shirt just puffed in the front (ie., FOLD! Hee). As for his face -- well, he's getting older. It's gonna happen. (Yep, he's gonna have new comedy fodder for the tour with this...)

AWWWW I don;t care what he looks like I am just so happy he suported Sanjaya!!!!

Yup that kid was given a chance to be on idol...al he ever did was to try his best...and even when he was facing all that adversity he had the guts to go out there and make bold choices for himself and faced his critics with a big smile..he was not my favorite singer and I don;t think he should win AI but I don't think he deserves all this ridicule either. I am totally proud of Clay for going against the tide and giving the guy his support... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sigh...ah the hair and no beard...it will all grow back or be brushed a different way...

I really liked that interview...very meaty...hope the show clips of him in Afghanistan....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...this certainly exceeds my expectations...

I agree, the hair isn't *gone* just combed over to the side. It is lighter, and I'll admit to growing overly fond of the darker hair with highlights and feathery bangs. But I know it will return one day, sooner or later. It will come back around on Clay's Magical-Tragical Wheel of Fashion.

:rainbowsmile:

I think Mr. Guess Who loves to keep us in the air about things like hair style, color, highlights, length, beard, stubble, pants, shirts, jewelry, socks, glasses and all the combinations thereof. It seems that with Clay, the only thing that never changes is change itself.

:allgood:

Heh! I don't miss the beard!

The picture is really distorted - man, he's cute on the video!

And so PERFECT -

"People don't care about you all the time"

It's a message to us people! He wants us to have LIVES!

He's so adorable in that video. Hell, he's so adorable, period. I love hearing him talk.

And so PERFECT -

Hey! Maybe this was his William Shatner moment [/star Trek reference].

He's so adorable in that video. Hell, he's so adorable, period. I love hearing him talk.

And so PERFECT -

I know!!! I loved that he said that...I suspect he wants the fans to pay attention to that. I find this specially significant now cos I have been noticing that some fans seem to be putting Clay up on this huge pedestal for his humanitarian work while seeming to belittle and suspect other people's efforts. Clay is right he is not the only one who is doing this and its not all about him...

And so PERFECT -

Ah, man - maybe I like living in my parents' basement....

I saw the statement more as a reflective statement - he went through a period where it all looked like up and then was torn down and is now living is a blatent reality.

I do believe the only people who think of Clay 24/7 are the haters. And, yes, they should get their own lives.

Clay is right he is not the only one who is doing this and its not all about him...

Ah but while he may not be the only doing this, he is obviously the only one who is SINCERE about it!

snark right... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

yup Play...after listening to it again...it does seem like he means this is a very humbling experience...

hey I think I need to wathc it again...I might get it different this time... :medium-smiley-070: :medium-smiley-070:

WAAAAAAAAAAH! I can't get the video to play here at work. But it sounds great! Can't wait to see it tonight!

ETA: I finally got it to work! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! So great to see him and hear him again. He looks fantastic! God I miss him, and it's only been a few weeks. Is it summer yet? :Tour3:

I don't necessarily mourn the beard. I did love the look, though. I am thrilled that I got to see it in person. I just love the way he can change his appearance on a dime. Who knows what we'll get this summer?

Edited by luckiest1

Clay is right he is not the only one who is doing this and its not all about him...

Ah but while he may not be the only doing this, he is obviously the only one who is SINCERE about it!

snark right... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But of course! :medium-smiley-070: