Clay Chat for summer 2007!

ldyjocelyn

Well this might be just outside the topic...but I would love to see Clay have more collaborations with other artists. Hopefully there will be no screams of how someone is using Clay. I think him being out there alone, doing well enough to tour alone well it's not a bad thing, especially for the fans but I think more can be gained by co-touring. Also, a duet with a radio darling..something clever and fun would be marvelous for Clay and might open the doors he needs ot have opened.

I have nothing to say as I'm going to bed and just bopped in to give everyone a smoochie. Hi Nelle! How are you feeling?

I have a great feeling about the next album. There will be songs by the Nashville writers, a SCC song and something else by Clay.

I was listening to a bunch of Idol's albums today in the car, and then LAL came on and it still takes my breath away. I sure hope he doesn't "throw" this one away. It is one of the best songs I've heard in ages.

Hugs to you all. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

YSRN, that was some great pron!!!

Oh, we're supposed to be serious here???

Ok, next album. It WILL be with RCA. I also think we won't see it before May, 2008 at the earliest. They are still interviewing producers so I doubt it would be done before that. I think there will be more variences in tempo, but I doubt we'll see the generic pop sound of MOAM or the songs previewed during the JBT. I think there will be more of an emphasis on melody and lyrics.

What I think will be different is I think he may experiment with a different sound on a few songs - more BW sound maybe. I do think it will be mostly if not all originals and I do think he will have a few more writing credits on it.

And I think it will be great.

ETA:

Well this might be just outside the topic...but I would love to see Clay have more collaborations with other artists. Hopefully there will be no screams of how someone is using Clay. I think him being out there alone, doing well enough to tour alone well it's not a bad thing, especially for the fans but I think more can be gained by co-touring. Also, a duet with a radio darling..something clever and fun would be marvelous for Clay and might open the doors he needs ot have opened.

ITA!! And I would love it! I love most of his duets and with the right person it could help open a new fan base to him.

Edited by Claygasm

Question 4:

4) The next album -- what? When? Where? How? Why?

Gawd, who knows.

I wish there were a chance in hell we'd get another album by early 2008 in time for a Spring Tour. I fear it will more likely be later in 2008, possibly for a summer tour, but also maybe not till in time for a 09 tour. Clay seems to like to take his time on things since that mad rush of 03/04/partial05 ended.

heh....really sticking my neck out there, huh?

I live to edit - oh yea, def still with RCA. I see no indications otherwise.

heee..yeah I said sometime next year. Don't think it will be early 2008 cuz when will this happen. He has a couple of tours to do including rehearsal time. I don't want something done quickly. I don't want last year's leftovers. So if later is better than that's fine with me.

Oh yeah, forgot the "where" question. Will he continue with RCA? While I have no facts on this whatsoever, I think his contract is still probably with RCA. I can see David Foster's label collaborating with them though. I do think that if he DOES leave RCA, he'll go with another company that will still try to fit him into a box, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the crooner/song stylist box too. Also, I think companies will be falling all ove themselves to sign him if RCA ever does let him go.

This is one of those topics where I get kinda mean -- because I think heads would explode if he does resign with RCA, and for some reason, I get hungry for popcorn when that happens.

BWAH....but seriously...I wouldn;t be surprised if he does re-signs with RCA. Clay seem to like stability with the people he works with. Since I think he was ok with what happened with ATDW ..I don;t think he really has any reason to move unless David gives him an offer that is so much better than RCA. I can see that friendly relationship give him confidence to move. BUT...how much clout does David have with Warner...he already has Buble and groban...so I don;t know why he would like to get Clay too.

Yes, a duet or collaboration would make me HAPPY! It could work in a couple of ways too -- someone who is a bigger star than Clay, working with him, bringing him up to that level. Or, CLAY could be considered the star, and work with a new up-and-comer.

What I'd like is for that mythical collaboration to get a movie soundtrack.

Do we need two more minutes here?

Yup a cool duet with Jordin...I also wanted to see how he will ound with Kat...I know all AI.

so what about that martina duet???

Well Clay IS under contract and until he fulfills it or they release him I expect him to be there. I don't care if he moves on... would be happy if he went somewhere without so many idols although I don't think I agree with the sentiment that there is an idol bucket of money...he'll still have to share resources with any label's other artists.

I'm not sure about the timing. I think he learned a shitload of things last album that will help him make this one more quickly. Not hurriedly, just more time efficiently. I think he may have a new comfort level with the process. Wasn't ATDW the first album he wasn't RUSHED to put out? He had to have learned a lot including how to get through a tough decision or two.

Dunno...it'll be interesting. And of course, I want it now. :medium-smiley-070:

Ansa -- why would David Foster want Clay? Because he's a) a singer! I mean, a real singer -- and DF likes those. B) DF likes money, right? Hee.

Question 5:

5) The Upcoming Tour -- what songs will he sing? Who will be with him besides the orchestra? What will the musical arrangements be like?

The main reason I want him to re-sign with RCA is to see heads explode! I think it would be sooooooo much fun!!!

In all seriousness, if Clay did re-sign with RCA it would be because it was HIS choice which means he must have gotten something he wanted and was happy with the contract and his relationship with RCA.

It wouldn't be because Clive was holding Raleigh and Durham hostage until he re-signed!

It wouldn't be because Clive was holding Raleigh and Durham hostage until he re-signed!

I wouldn't put it past him :cryingwlaughter:

TOUR

I expect him to sing songs from ATDW and MOAM – some covers including upbeat stuff and maybe some standards. I also expect him to test out some new stuff. I also expect him to entertain the hell out of me. I think he’s incapable of boring. That's it and that's all. If he doesn't do one or all of the things I expect I still expect to be entertained.

Ansa -- why would David Foster want Clay? Because he's a) a singer! I mean, a real singer -- and DF likes those. B) DF likes money, right? Hee.

I think I mean why would warner want that...not just David. I think David may do more producing and collabrating with him..but to guide his career the way he did with groban and Buible...I don;t know.

I'm late, I'm late.

I think he'll sing a few songs from MOAM, more from ATDW, and there will be some surprises. I think he'll have Quiana, maybe Andy and Daniel, a drummer, and Jesse (duh). I think the arrangements will be similar to ATDW and even moreso to the Christmas tour, with instrumental solos featuring each symphony's best.

I'm a musician, and I'll be happy to collaborate with Clay. If you hear screaming, though, it will be me. Screaming with delight!!! Heee!

Question 5:

5) The Upcoming Tour -- what songs will he sing? Who will be with him besides the orchestra? What will the musical arrangements be like?

I think we will get mostly songs from ATDW, a few favorites from MOAM ad even AI, and then a few other covers that would fit the style of the ATDW songs. If he has any new songs to preview, he might sing those, but I think he may be reticent to do so after only one of the 4 previewed during the JBT made it to the album. I suspect he is trying to set a mood with this tour. It is called "An Evening with Clay Aiken" and I think that says a lot.

I do suspect he will throw in some more uptempo songs, or maybe change up a few of the ATDW songs to be more pop/rockish. TOA comes to mind.

Who will be with him? I suspect Jesse. I really don't know about Quiana, Angela and/or any other back-ups. From Quiana's myspace it seemed as if she wouldn't be with him the whole tour and it looks like Angela may be with Kelly. Since Felix is apparently staying with Taylor (unless any more of his concerts get canceled...), I think they have, for whatever reason, decided not to take along any of the band.

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't think he'll sing LAA. I'm not sure he wants to. I think it's more personal than he wants to be on stage. I really don't know obviously, and I am not sure I even believe myself, but.... I think he'll sing Invisible for sure. I hope he'll sing BW - that's the one I'm most looking forward to. And I KNOW he'll sing TOA, which I LOVE. I think he'll add two or three songs that will surprise everyone. I prefer the more uptempo stuff from him and I think the "surprise" songs will be all upbeat. I'm betting he'll sing at least two previously unknown originals. Hopefully uptempo. I'm probably one of the few fans who didn't like ICMYLM. I just don't like that stuff. I like happy, dancy, AAL/Invisible Clay.

I wish I was going to even one show. :cry

I definitely think the focus of the music for the tour will be ATDW. I'm wondering if there will be a song that gets left out, and I'm deathly afraid that this song will be BW!!! (I HOPE NOT!!!) MOAM songs as well -- especially MOAM itself. I also giggle every time I think of him doing Invisible on this tour. Will he do new songs? Maybe one or two. I think he may also pull a cover out that didn't make any album or digital download.

I think what I'm most excited about with the tour are the arrangements. I'm looking forward to the extra lush sound of the orchestra backing him. I also think Q&A will be there (Angela singing the Suzi part on IWKWLI), and I hope that Daniel the bass player is back -- love him.

Tour...

the setlist I think is no problem for me...ITA with couchie...ATDW MOAM and moon river...hee

what I am wondering about is the people that will be with him. I bet Jessy will be there. We know Quiana will be in one show...which is weird...we know Felix won;t be...so will we see any other familiar faces? I want clay to have his touring family again...I get schmoopie about them.

I think most of the songs will be from ATDW - simply because they seem to lend themselves to orchestration - especially something like Without You (which I am listening to right now). He'll sing Invisible. He'll sing something I'll go 'meh' about that much of the rest of fandom will swoon over. At some point he will play a joke on somebody. He'll do at least 3 songs we haven't heard before. At some point his hair will look like a) crap; B) ambrosia; c) a toupee.

does anyone think the symphonies represent anything more than perhaps a cheaper way to tour? Or will this be incorporated into his future endeavors?

I think the symphonies represent that Clay like singing with symphonies!

Seriously - JNT04, JNaT, Proud of your Boy.... that and the songs from ATDW lend themselves to orchestral arrangements.

I also think it does NOT represent that Clay always wants to sing with symphonies. I just think he really loves to and since he was going to tour with songs from ATDW aanyway, why not!

I think most of the songs will be from ATDW - simply because they seem to lend themselves to orchestration - especially something like Without You (which I am listening to right now). He'll sing Invisible. He'll sing something I'll go 'meh' about that much of the rest of fandom will swoon over. At some point he will play a joke on somebody. He'll do at least 3 songs we haven't heard before. At some point his hair will look like a) crap; B) ambrosia; c) a toupee.

Bwah...you know your Clay don't you.

Oh and the symphony is more than just a cheaper way to tour (if it's even that)..I do like that most of the venues come in with a built in subscriber list. I think he loved last Christmas when he found out he had a whole bunch of people in the audience that had never seen him.