# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

HEEEEEE, now we have swapped positions. Clay's on top! :rainbowsmile:

Caro

Only here a few minutes, and smutting already.

All riiiiiiiiiiiight! *hi fives*

Welcome to FCA, Caro. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, Clay did say they earned enough to pay for all the camps - maybe they could add some more - or whatever - invest the extra money to fund more next year?

So with the 6 degrees money that would be well over a third of a million raised = wasn't that almost the budget for the first year.

I wonder if the federal grant program for inclusion materials was completed or not?

Excuse me, Clay, dude: "our children"? I don't remember popping out your kid, but if you think that's the case, I want some freakin' child support.

:DoClay:

:cryingwlaughter:

short and sweet..guess he got his financials today heee. and you know... .. isn't it sweet that he's ready to tell the world about your little secret.

Dang. If it's MY kid that's 'our' kid, I have even more reason to angst over my bad memory. Don't care about remembering the delivery, but damned if I couldn't use some good ole' recollection of conception! :hubbahubba:

Had to leave my darling laptop at the Apple Store today---needs a new optical drive. Can get it tomorrow night. Tonight my hubby and I have a party to go to! It's the annual 'end of the season' celebration for all the adults that are involved in the girls' softball association and this year (and next) my hubby is the Prez! :clap: Just a casual, fun time with some good people...and an open bar. heh.

Weekend full of softball though...couchie! Hope you do make it over here Sunday! Now if you'll all excuse me, I must prepare for my date! :me0:

well at least I know someone who will enjoy the goofy picture... :allgood:

You rang? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Of course, I saved all 4 pictures! When you simply love Clay in all incarnations....

:allgood:

BTW, I'd like to thank bottlecap, because I'm thinking she probably sacrificed her lunch when she posted the high-res goofy picture. Heh. Love you!

Good for the BAF!!!!!!! YAY Clay and all involved! Kids, though -- sorry, not for me. Even though he's made my ovaries explode on more than a few occasions...heh.

Chat starting in just a few minutes!

Hey Caro! (Love the nickname, BTW...)

Chat????

FCA Chat -- tonight! 9:00 - 11:00 EDT!!!!

Also will be the same time on Saturday evening!

Location is HERE!!!

Topics for tonight:

1) ATDW and the PR campaign -- what worked? What didn't? What else could have been done?

2) RCA/Clive/Roger -- what do you think is the relationship between them and Clay?

3) What do you think is Clay's "musical direction?"

4) The next album -- what? When? Where? How? Why?

5) The Upcoming Tour -- what songs will he sing? Who will be with him besides the orchestra? What will the musical arrangements be like?

6) What is Clay's market demographic at the moment? What do you think should be Clay's market demographic? How can any of this demographics be expanded?

This will be "short burst" chat -- no more than 20-30 minutes on each topic. Looking forward to it!

Are you asking me to be succinct and to the point?? This could be a challenge! Of course, we keep having these thunderstorms rolling through, so I may not be able to around that much anyway.

Welcome Caro!

Excuse me, Clay, dude: "our children"? I don't remember popping out your kid, but if you think that's the case, I want some freakin' child support.

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Now, those hi-res pictures. That second picture.... I didn't think it was possible but it is soooooooo much WORSE in hi-res!!! God what an awful picture!!!

Now the last two - well, I think they saved me from having to bleach my eyeballs! I was looking at my calendar today. I have a split screen of these two picture (clickable):

th_ama06-41r-1.jpg

th_ama06-22f.jpg

How can that guy be the same as this goofy, unattractive hayseed (albeit in the GREAT jeans...)!

stanleypark2.jpg

Shit!! Thunder is getting really, really close! I better turn this computer off!! Hopefully I can catch up with you during the chat!!

Don't discuss hair without me!

CG, the hair discussion is tomorrow! And again, your sacrifice in posting that picture just for me is duly noted. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hope the thunderboomers don't get too bad. Hate it when that happens -- thought it might be happening to me too, but the storms passed early.

Chat in less than 3 minutes!

ETA: Chat is open here!!!!

No matter what he's wearing, or how his hair looks, or what kind of crazy face he's making, there just simply isn't any way Clay Aiken could ever appear unattractive to me.

Beautiful man.

No matter what he's wearing, or how his hair looks, or what kind of crazy face he's making, there just simply isn't any way Clay Aiken could ever appear unattractive to me.

Beautiful man.

What can I saw. I'm shallow!!

But you know what? :DoClay:

Sooooo I found some very interesting news about more possible Clay sightings or even clack from Canada...

from CH:

The Vancouver Sun

Server's song puts her on the stage in Vegas

CLAY AIKEN, the American Idol super-graduate, stole the show by singing at Arnold Schwarzenegger's appearance at the Stanley Park Pavilion Thursday. With Premier Gordon Campbell humming along, the California governor preached the green-way mantra other politicos have suddenly taken to heart. But a far older theme -- a star is born --played later when Aiken dined with homegrown music-biz biggie David Foster at Umberto Menghi's Il Giardino restaurant.

It involved a Greenway, too.

That was server Andrea Greenway, who, at Menghi's request, ripped off an operatic aria while setting Foster and Aiken's chow on the table.

Foster's response: "A car will pick you up at eight in the morning. Bring two changes of clothes and your passport. You'll sing with Clay in Calgary Friday. We'll be in Toronto Saturday."

That would be for tonight's benefit concert for the Royal Ontario Museum. By Friday, though, Foster had booked her to sing with pianist Lang Lang in Las Vegas Sunday, and to go into a Los Angeles studio with him (Foster) Monday. Ecstatic at Greenway's break, Il Giardino general manager Bobby Copiak still said: "Now I'm hooped for a server this weekend."

more info on possible events Clay will be on ...posted by pax on CH:

I wonder where Clay sang in Calgary on Friday?

I did find this:

Next week, music producer David Foster will be performing at a private Mount Royal garden party to motivate invitees to buy entire tables at a children's charity gala in September. Single tickets to that event go for $1,500 - and all 800 seats are expected to be sold without any public advertising.

It looks like the Museum opening is in Toronto this evening. The concert is FREE! Where are our Toronto clack-gatherers? No Clay mention. I wonder if he will be there?

Quote:

9:30 pm

Architectural Opening of the Royal Ontario Museum's (ROM) Michael Lee-Chin Crystal.

The Governor General will attend the free concert A World of Possibilities, presented by the Royal Ontario Museum to celebrate the Architectural Opening of its Michael Lee-Chin Crystal. She will then officially dedicate the building.

The live outdoor concert will be hosted by film and television actor and writer Paul Gross and will feature appearances by Gordon Pinsent, Sean Cullen, Jann Arden and David Foster, as well as performances by Eva Avila, Deborah Cox, Natalie MacMaster, and more.

ROM Bloor Street Plaza, Toronto, Ontario

OPEN TO MEDIA - please RSVP to the ROM Communications Office at

416-586-5547 or media@rom.on.ca.

then anncanada added this little speculation:

Oh Good Lord! I'd had forgotten all about this and can't go but this event is a HUGE deal. David Foster has been interviewed before and all I've seen printed is that he was writing a new song for this event (to be sung be an unnamed "superstar"). Could this be it!!?? Oh damn, could it be Clay who is singing this new song?! I hope someone who lives in Toronto can make it (or is going) to this event! Clay singing a new Foster-penned song? Please please let it be so.

So although there is no real solid info here...it at least tells us that Clay is still with David and performed something in Calgary yesterday. I hope we can get more info and I hope he is in the Toronto event.

very interesting....

canada_flag.gif Oh, Canada...

Tres Cool that Clay's probably hanging with the Fosters and the other heavy hitters in Canada. Not only is he getting the musical exposure, I would imagine Clay's picking up tips from David on fundraising and lobbying that Clay might be able to apply to his own causes.

canada_flag.gif Oh, Canada...

Tres Cool that Clay's probably hanging with the Fosters and the other heavy hitters in Canada. Not only is he getting the musical exposure, I would imagine Clay's picking up tips from David on fundraising and lobbying that Clay might be able to apply to his own causes.

Yeah...I think the foster are really good mentor for Clay in several ways...in his musical growth, his business dealings in the music industry and his fund raising efforts.

If only we can get Jaymes to get clack for us ....sigh

kidding...I really find it good that we are not into everything Clay does.

More Canadian info from CH:

Calgary Herald

David Foster has friends in high places.

Lionel Richie, Reba McEntire -- he drops the names of those superstar singers with an almost casual air as he announces the list of musicians he's asked to perform at the David Foster and Friends Charity Gala, to be held Sept. 8 at the Jack Singer Concert Hall.

His buddy Jay Leno? Foster hasn't made the call yet, but the Victoria-born, Grammy-winning musician and producer plans to, and, since the Tonight Show host made it to another gig for the David Foster Foundation in Victoria 10 years back, there's a good chance he'll make it to Calgary, too.

As for that famed runner-up from American Idol, Clay Aiken? Well, a playful Foster dances around the rumour that Aiken will be performing at the Calgary concert, but he did manage to bring the pop star into town Friday to perform at a private backyard party for the foundation.

Why wasn't Aiken at the Friday afternoon press conference, held downtown at the new Wild Ginger restaurant? "Clay likes to sleep late," explains a dapper Foster, posing for pictures at his keyboard as the conference wraps up.

"But he's a wonderful friend of the Foundation and he loves Canada. . . . He's just here to help."

Performers already booked for the concert and gala -- which will provide financial support to the families of children in need of organ transplants -- also include soft rocker Peter Cetera of Chicago fame, urban hitmaker Babyface Edmonds, Canadian country artist Beverley Mahood, and comedian Sinbad.

Hee...I thought the hair looked more like bed head...this is why I guess...

But how cool is that...the press is already pretty interested in Clay...I bet he is involved. Probably just finalizing details.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......Clay is rumoured to be performing at a concert in Toronto and I'm sitting here in a hotel in Dayton, OH?

*does math* What time is said concert supposed to start?

Answering my own question, the concert is supposed to start at 9:30, but it also says this here:

People wishing to see A World of Possibilities will be admitted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Access to the ROM’s Bloor Street Plaza begins at 8 pm, with remarks at 9 pm; space is limited.

I hope those who actually live in Toronto might think about attending. Even if Clay isn't there, it sounds like a cool concert!

Edited by luckiest1

So it appears that the guy is really busy this week and yet he found time to give us all a quick blog! He loves us! Awww

I honestly don't care what's in the blog or how long it is because anything is good!

:allgood:

I'm loving the David Foster connection. I hope some interesting things are on the horizon.