# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

I wonder how long it will take for some in the fandom to start worrying that Clive is forcing him to do another covers album because he said while he wants to try and grow he also wants to stay true to great songs and great melodies??

Hee, you underestimate. It's already begun! :cryingwlaughter:

One trip off this board and I see you are right! I think it started the second those words were read! This fandom is sooooooooo predictable!

Sick Puppy On Board.

bwah

BWAH is right! I love it! We need an emotion for this!!!! Surely play or bottle can find something!

You know what I thought was surreal in reading Clay's blog? There he was in Paris watching this famous American movie star and then he casually walks up to her in the hotel to have a chat! This kid from NC is hob-knobbing with the stars! How surreal is that!

Edited by Claygasm

I heard a very old Nat King Cole song this morning and it chilled me:

Nature Boy

There was a boy

A very strange enchanted boy

They say he wandered very far, very far

Over land and sea

A little shy and sad of eye

But very wise was he

And then one day

A magic day he passed my way

And while we spoke of many things

Fools and kings

This he said to me

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn

Is just to love and be loved in return"

This will probably put you over the edge then! :ilovemypc:

Fallin'

The edge? Where's the edge? Oh it's waaaaaaaay up there, I see. goldarngirl does it again -- what a hot montage! My No. 1 favorite as of now. That settles it -- I'm not going to go in at all today. I'm just going to *coughcallininsickcough* ... well, I'm coughing, okay? And I do feel awfully lovesick this morning.

:allgood:

More info on that Christmas skating special that Clay will be singing at. From ellenpoppy at CH:

hippoga said this was listed at a Kurt Browning fansite called the Kurtfiles. She posted it at CB. I don't think we've had the venue where the taping would take place confirmed before, have we?

Holiday Celebration on Ice

Nov. 6, 2007

Orleans Arena

Las Vegas, NV

Guests: Clay Aiken

TV Date: 12/25/07, 2:30-4:30PM EST, NBC

Interesting, and good to know, because the original speculation was that it was being filmed on November 3rd, not 6th.

I can just SEE him typing "My Angels!" and muttering, "craz...er enthusiastic bit...er...fans"

yeah, I thought that too.... :cryingwlaughter:

Me three!

I thought Clay did a great job spreading some salve over his troubled fandom while subtley slapping down some people who'd been jumping all over the mods at the OFCMB without doing anything other than confirming that he'd lost his passport, had been in Paris, and was still working at RCA and with Clive (and saying something nice about Clive). In addition, he gave us some info about the tour and added in some cute stories about his time in Paris.

Does anyone have any idea what he was doing in Paris?

I'd love to know what famous female movie star he was hobnobbing with as well.

And Hi to Muski and Claygasm and thanks for the Welcome back from Couch Tomato! Sorry I've been gone for a while. I've been overwhelmed with graduate classes and planning my daughter's wedding. I've been feeling a need to reconnect though, and have been enjoying catching up here. Hugs to everyone!

Edited by Totally

The OFC said there would be some tickets for this avaialbe. I so want to go to this. Do we know anything about purchasing tickets outside the OFC? Something to investigate this weekend.

Totally...everytime I think about going to grad school...I slap myself. I would love to do it but damn I took one accounting class two years ago and it almost killed me. Congrats to you on doing it.

Waves to Divayenta!!

I heard a very old Nat King Cole song this morning and it chilled me:

Nature Boy

There was a boy

A very strange enchanted boy

They say he wandered very far, very far

Over land and sea

A little shy and sad of eye

But very wise was he

And then one day

A magic day he passed my way

And while we spoke of many things

Fools and kings

This he said to me

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn

Is just to love and be loved in return"

nice...and quite appropriate...I remember Kalan porter singing this at Canadian idol, he was pretty good.

More info on that Christmas skating special that Clay will be singing at. From ellenpoppy at CH:

hippoga said this was listed at a Kurt Browning fansite called the Kurtfiles. She posted it at CB. I don't think we've had the venue where the taping would take place confirmed before, have we?

Holiday Celebration on Ice

Nov. 6, 2007

Orleans Arena

Las Vegas, NV

Guests: Clay Aiken

TV Date: 12/25/07, 2:30-4:30PM EST, NBC

Interesting, and good to know, because the original speculation was that it was being filmed on November 3rd, not 6th.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE does this mean Kurt will be on the show!!!! I love Kurt ....what a great combination!!!

Just wanted to :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Totally and LovesClaysVoice and txflwrgrl and others who are coming back into the fold after a bit of an absence, and to wonder where georgiaclay is as well.

PuddinsJoy posted this about the mystery celebrity:

Couch tomato - the Paris blog wench is Cameron Diaz - Ms Marm at CH had it 20 mins after the blog hit - I do love this fandom - I really do.

And a reminder to couchie -- post your story about Clay and the new version of your name! You know I love hearing the story again, and many of the new people probably don't know it.

I just reread the blog one more time...and figured out that he must have blogged from Paris. Duh. Am I the only one who missed that entirely?

Man, why do I really want to go Paris right now? It's for the chocolate right? *g*

"Sold out." Looks good.

Yeah, I feel pretty sure it must have been Cameron Diaz in Paris. Her trip there to promote Shrek has been heavily featured in the entertainment news, and didn't she film a segment for Kimmel last time Clay was there? Her appearance was aired later in the month, but they would have been there at the same time and could have met backstage or whatnot. It seems to me it would have to be someone who would "know" Clay, and who he would feel comfortable enough to approach for a chat.

I do feel a little bad if Clay had to waste a second of his time in Paris thinking about or dealing with the debacle that was the OFC message board. Dude, go back to enjoying the fois gras (blech!), the fine wine and cheese, and strolling hand in hand with whomever along the Rue Du Le Blah Blah Blah [tm Chandler Bing], and don't worry about us!

Compliments of Barbara W at CV...from the Orlando Hard Rock Cafe venue

th_070607_HardRock_Orlando_Poster.jpg

'Sold Out' sounds nice, doesn't it?

Oooo! At least there is one sold-out concert!! **Clutches precious little e-ticket closely...**

I just reread the blog one more time...and figured out that he must have blogged from Paris. Duh. Am I the only one who missed that entirely?

Man, why do I really want to go Paris right now? It's for the chocolate right? *g*

"Sold out." Looks good.

You weren't the only one because I didn't realize it until you just posted it.

**Off to read the blog again to see what else I missed**

Totally! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Can't wait to see you in August!

ETA: Now bottle! Can you imagine Clay eating fois gras?? You KNOW he is frequenting every McDonalds the City of Lights has to offer!

Edited by Claygasm

The OFC said there would be some tickets for this avaialbe. I so want to go to this. Do we know anything about purchasing tickets outside the OFC? Something to investigate this weekend.

I checked out a couple of skating message boards that I used to frequent, and so far, there doesn't seem to be anything on the tickets besides "TBA". I would think that the Kurt Files site would be the first place with any info, if Kurt is actually participating.

EEEEEE for the first SOLD OUT sign in Orlando!!!!!!

Welcome to all the newbies who I missed. There have been so many, I have lost track!

You know, the Orlando show is NOT sold out. If you go to Ticketmaster you can still get seats. I was able to pull up 5 seats in the balcony left, row L. There were also seats in the orchestra with side views of the stage. Not tickets up to our standards, but they are available. I would hate for a casual person who might think about going to this show and not care that much where the seats are to think they can't go.

Fantastic post, keepingfaith! It was great to read the perspective of someone who fell in love with him at the AI5 finale.

And Clay's blog was highly satisfying, for many reasons. Between the OFC message board and more frequent blogs from him, I'll take his blog any time.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to read all this fan speculation that he knows is completely wrong. It must be even more exasperating to see that no matter what he says, and no matter how explicitly he says it, some will not believe him. However, he handled it well on his blog, with a friendly, positive tone and a simple, easy grace.

Clay in Paris. Two of my favorite things, together at last! I'm glad he had the opportunity to explore the city unnoticed. I'll admit, I've longed for him to be the kind of superstar who creates a stir wherever he goes. I still want that for him, really. However, for now, maybe it's not such a bad thing for him to be able to experience life in a less media-intensive way. One day, that could change, and the paparazzi could make it as impossible for him to wander any international street. But he'll always be able to look back and think, "In 2007, I saw the Paris of bridges, sidewalks, and parks. I got to really know the city, to see it as it is, without my celebrity affecting things around me." All Cameron Diaz probably saw were the insides of hotel rooms and the crush of press around her.

Claytonfan, laughn, Totally, LovesClaysVoice, lightmyfire, it's good to see you all posting. Keep it coming!

JennaZ, I hate to disagree, but according to People.com, Cameron did get around a bit in France.

Princess Fiona just had to see the castle. Cameron Diaz, in Paris to promote Shrek the Third, and a friend took off to visit the Château de Versailles. The pair passed practically unnoticed as they toured the celebrated Galerie des Glaces. And there was more culture on the agenda: Diaz, in a white T-shirt, gold necklace and jeans, returned to Paris and hit the L'Orangerie in the Tuileries Gardens. Afterward, Diaz made a private visit to the Musée d'Orsay, which stayed open after regular hours for her.

Although, People magazine was apparently trailing her around, so I don't know how "unnoticed" Cameron actually was. Of course, you could say that Cameron was in Paris for work, so creating a paparazzi stir was part of the job description. Hopefully, Clay was just there on vacation, so it would be appropriate for him to fly under the radar.

JennaZ, I hate to disagree, but according to People.com

My mistake. She was followed by the press, though. It must have been another "American actress" who felt envious that Clay could walk around the city.

It's interesting, though, to see who attracts attention and who does not. Sometimes, it's a question of appearance. Some celebrities can pass unnoticed when they are not "glammed up." Reportedly, when Jennifer Lopez was filming "Maid in Manhattan," she wore her maid costume out in the streets and no one noticed her at all. Some people can look markedly different without make-up. Location does make a difference. I've heard that some British celebrities love coming to America because they can walk the streets freely. Of course, that can be an inconvenience. Supposedly, Posh Beckham threw a fit in a Beverly Hills store that refused to close down to cater to her exclusively. They were like, "Who are you?" The Beckhams are huge in Europe, but many Americans are still unaware of their celebrity.

OT: So it seems Paris has been ordered back to jail.

Well, I hope there is some money in that for the BAF, tehy wre going to need it

Jerry Aiken's letter

We would like to set a goal of supporting 100 “Let’s All Play” camps in 2008. That means we need your help to raise an additional $1 Million this year!!!

our “100 for 1 Million” challenge

Ok, now. Maybe we can raise money by offering a thread and letting the different factions fight it out without any rules (except no names, addresses or photos) <- see, I can't even do this right.

ETA Yes, she was in tears and crying for her Mommy.

Edited by playbiller

I actually feel bad for Paris Hilton. It wasn't her fault she was released and it just seems cruel that she should be a victim of a power play between a sheriff and a judge. The judge should have been told before she was released.

I also heard on one of the new shows this morning that it is common in LA because of the extreme overcrowding of the prisons there that non-violent offenders are often released after serving 1/10 of their sentence. She has served that. I think in this case the fact she is rich and famous is actually working against her. I think she is now being treated far worse than she would be if she was an unknown person.

She should definitely have to pay for violating her parole but she should not have to pay any more or any less than you or I would.

ETA: From what I have read, it also now looks as though she will have to serve the entire 45-day sentence instead of just the 20-some days before she was released. If that is true, they are truly punishing her for what the sheriff did and that really is not fair!

Edited by Claygasm