# 10 It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.

Ansamcw

New thread title poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Clay Aiken ? I can?t imagine my life without him.
    • Compromise ? I have learned to live with it?.
    • Clay Aiken: not-ordinary, an acquired taste, likened to kitsch ? but has people talking
    • Gah?and stuff
    • He is such a grown-ass Southern-gentlemen type man
    • I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks! *g*

On my way to work this morning, there were two young girls standing beside the main highway with a sign. It said honk twice if you're voting for Blake. LOL I thought it was sweet...........

cha cha thanks for the links. I love me some Paul McCartney but that song and video did nothing for me. I had seen the Invisible one before. It was good to hear him sing that again. The screencaps looked good on your site.

Well, I am not going to get into the AI debate with Claygasm anymore. :cryingwlaughter: I will just say that I will be watching the season finale of LOST tonight. I don't really care which show gets the most viewers. All I know is that I was not a happy camper when Lost moved their time slot an hour later because of AI. It is hard for me to stay awake for those 9:00PM central time slots. LOL Tonight Lost is 2 hours, so they will be against AI for the first hour.

I love Rosie. I think she is right, most of the time, even if she is a little belligerent in her delivery of opinions. I like her.

OK - partial video is up - skips Joy's instigationthough The View

OMG! That is just too bizarre! And sweeps week no less….I think a few shares of ABC might be in order.

I’ve been enjoying a few private showings of the HD video of the Kimmel skit. Dang, I need to buy one of those TVs! I can see the grey tee shirt that’s underneath the blue shirt and some freckles. Of course, since there’s always a downside. I can see a whole lot more of Guillermo than I care to…..but the Kimmel skit was priceless. Boyfriend gives a very nice deadpan eyefuck…..very nice. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the hair and assume it was poofed for the part…..because for this part it was poofed perfectly.

If it wasn’t perfectly poofed for the part, I’ll just have to chalk it up to one of those days when I’d rather do his hair than him. Weird, I know, but it happens sometimes.

Either way, I got to hear from Clay’s own lips how he’s improved his performance.

Last night’s AI finale just didn’t seem to have any spark. I’ve been watching it pretty faithfully this season but that hour was one of the flattest shows yet. Maybe I was anticipating too much. I’ll be watching tonight but I don’t care too much who wins other than to say that I hope Blake doesn’t so that he doesn’t have to record that song! I wonder if Blake thinks the same thing. If he’s smart he sent a few texts for Jordin last night.

My main thoughts about AI don’t concern the show itself all that much, but have more to do with its alumni and how they fare in the marketplace. This is the show that brought me Clay and a hundred other things into my life that’s made it fun. I never understand why some people are happy when they see that alums of the show aren’t selling all that well, or seem jealous when some outsell Clay…….that they are somehow undeserving of their success because they are less talented than Clay is etc. etc. etc. The way I look at it, no matter whether I like the artist or not, if he or she is selling well and making money then it bolsters the pedigree of all of them including (and most important to me, Clay). If the stable of AI grads are solid performers on the charts and in the stores, it moves each one of them by association, one step further away from the image of “just a reality show contestant.” As more seasons pass and if the crop has a good yield year after year….it’s all good.

Oooh! I see I qualified for advanced membership too…..keeping mind that membership has its privileges, I hope there’s an advanced membership drive coming soon!

Clay Aiken, I can’t imagine my life without him.

Just to catch up:

Loved the moustache bit on DWTS last night.

Didn't care who won because they were all great.

Agree that Jordin "wiped the floor" with Blake last night.

Tried incessantly to vote for Clay for the Season 2 Finals and never got through .... and no one I knew at the time (about a half-dozen of us here in town) were able to get anything other than the fast busy "circuits overloaded" signal on the Clay line. And because of the high-fiving at the judge's table when results were read, I was sickened by the whole thing and have never voted for anyone on any reality show since and probably never ever will.

Believe that Clay's hair is so important to people because it changes his appearance dramatically -- changes his age -- changes him from innocence to royal hotness -- changes him from goober to gorgeous -- and back again. I love the darker hair with long bangs because when he peaks out from underneath those bangs and bats those sexy eyes with long, darkened eyelashes ... as he came out and stood behind Sandecki last year ... I almost thud to death.

And ... for anyone who missed Kimmel last night ... and the bit he did about Paula's broken nose ...

PAULA'S BROKEN NOSE

Love the hair explanation.

Sigh..has anyone ever left their ATM card in the machine. I realized it a moment before they snatched it in.

You mean that's the first time that's happened to you? I just received my new card last week from my most recent brain fog at the ATM. I think what happens with me is I forget that I actually put my card into the machine and didn't just swipe it and put it back in my purse. So I walk away like a moron ... and especially if someone is with me and I happen to be talking ....

Ever have one of those days when you just feel totally "off," and kinda blechy to boot? Well, today was one of those days for me. I bought a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch at work, and couldn't even finish it. Ended up coming home and sleeping for four hours! My stomach still feels a bit quesy, but I think I'll survive at this point.

couchie, yes, I've left my ATM card in the machine -- and actually didn't realize it until the bank called me!

As far as TV tonight -- what AI finale? I'm watching 3 hours of Lost this evening! (The "all your questions answered" special is on first, don't forget that!)

The way I look at it, no matter whether I like the artist or not, if he or she is selling well and making money then it bolsters the pedigree of all of them including (and most important to me, Clay). If the stable of AI grads are solid performers on the charts and in the stores, it moves each one of them by association, one step further away from the image of “just a reality show contestant.” As more seasons pass and if the crop has a good yield year after year….it’s all good.

Once again, Karen Eh? and I share a brain. Can I have it in two weeks? Summer school starts then and I'm gonna need it....

Last night’s AI finale just didn’t seem to have any spark. I’ve been watching it pretty faithfully this season but that hour was one of the flattest shows yet. Maybe I was anticipating too much.

KarenEh?, I'm with you---and so was my teenaged daughter. At one point while Blake was singing, she looked over at me and said, "Are you sure this is the finale?"

heh

Then she added, "God, he's the worst singer they've ever had at the end."

WORD.

Anyway, it wasn't just the singing; it WAS a different feeling---at least from my living room. I imagine things would've felt different had I been in the theater. I still don't think the show has ever matched the sheer electricity and tension that the Season 2 finale offered, though. Maybe that's just because Clay was there and he's got me by the short hairs (please, Baby Jesus), but I don't think that's all.

It was a more innocent time; the show was more exciting, too.

IMO, of course.

Edited by muskifest

Kelly Clarkson on AI - I see the two blondish back-up singers, but I didn't see Angela. Maybe Angela was just with Kelly for some of the TV promo, and now she's back with Clay. Of course, what do I know?

I also saw a quick glimpse of Clive in the audience. So either he is still actually alive, or else the handler sitting next to him had his hand up the back of Clive's jacket to work his strings. :em0200:

Home so finally got to watch this. Well he's either a very good actor or very shrewd. I really can't put this in any kind of perspective though because I didn't watch the season and only know him by sound bites..hell don't even know if I've heard his voice. I know I don't know his personality. If he pulled one over on Idol that would make me smile but I think I'd be upset if I was a fan that was jerked around. Hopefully he's just a shrewd kid making use of his 15 or 20 or hour, or however long he has.

OK - partial video is up - skips Joy's instigationthough The View

Wow, just watched this. That got nasty.

Oh well, at least my last ticket buying experience of this tour is over! I didn't get great seats for Tampa so I may try again during the general sale, but at least I am, as they say, in the house.

Hugs to everybody still out there buying tickets. Thank god that's over for me.

Well done, bottle....well done.

B)

Indeed. I just assumed it was Muski that said it.

Switched to AI during a commercial from Lost - There was Clive talking and everything and he talked about the great songwriters that gave us the AI songbook and write #1 hits for .........

CLAY AIKEN!

Then he went on to also mention Kelly and "Breakaway" and then Fantasa and then the commercial was over....

So much for Clive hating Clay. He didn't have to mention him and mentioning him first while talking about #1 hits - well, I think that's a pretty nice mention.

WTF? What do you think of that YSRN?
Funny, huh? I don't know what I think except that he is one smart kid. He's able to laugh at himself. He doesn't take it too seriously. He's capitalizing on every second. Hmm, kinda like someone else I know...you mighta heard of him. Hee. And yeah, I don't think he pulled one over on anyone during AI; I think he's making the most of it now. Shrewd is a good word.

Thanks for The View link play. I love people who have strong opinions and don't hold back. I don't have to agree with them to like them and I like Rosie just fine. I like to know where people stand without having to read between any lines. Maybe that's why I like ya'll! :) But then I'm one of those who likes Simon too. Has anyone seen his True Hollywood Story? I watched it the other day and thought it was interesting how he was a little opinionated brat when he was a kid, dropped out of school, and pretty much built himself up from the mailroom.

Karen Eh? said...

I never understand why some people are happy when they see that alums of the show aren’t selling all that well, or seem jealous when some outsell Clay…….that they are somehow undeserving of their success because they are less talented than Clay is etc. etc. etc. The way I look at it, no matter whether I like the artist or not, if he or she is selling well and making money then it bolsters the pedigree of all of them including (and most important to me, Clay). If the stable of AI grads are solid performers on the charts and in the stores, it moves each one of them by association, one step further away from the image of “just a reality show contestant.” As more seasons pass and if the crop has a good yield year after year….it’s all good.

Exactly my sentiments! All successful Idols increase the market value for them all. The more success each one has, the better IMO. And they are all getting smarter at the game too... like Survivor contestants... learning to work the system. Circle back to first comment.

:allgood:

Wha? Clive said "Clay"? Heh. Re-circle. :lol:

Edited by YSRN

Well, they've had Kelly, Taylor, Carrie, and now Ruben - can Fantasia be far behind??

Sanjaya really did get star treatment!!

I am watching via picture-in-picture - and just switching back during commercials and slow times!

And I saw the new Harry Potter trailer!!

Is it July yet??

eta: KAndre - I didn't hear Ruben, but ITA about Bette!! What happened?

She's one of the best!!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Oooh, everybody's doing covers! Beatle covers! I just Sir Paul needs the money.

Kelly with Sgt. Pepper, Taylor with something I can't remember; and Carrie with another one I sort of remember. Ruben with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Oooh, everybody's doing covers! Beatle covers! I just Sir Paul needs the money.

Kelly with Sgt. Pepper, Taylor with something I can't remember; and Carrie with another one I sort of remember. Ruben with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

And a little help from my friends!!! That was great!!

But KAndre... Sir Paul doesn't really own those songs. I think the owners are now Sony and Michael Jackson... tho I guess Sir Paul might get a few royalties from that! So sad....

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

If it wasn't perfectly poofed for the part, I'll just have to chalk it up to one of those days when I'd rather do his hair than him. Weird, I know, but it happens sometimes.

bwah

My main thoughts about AI don't concern the show itself all that much, but have more to do with its alumni and how they fare in the marketplace. This is the show that brought me Clay and a hundred other things into my life that's made it fun. I never understand why some people are happy when they see that alums of the show aren't selling all that well, or seem jealous when some outsell Clay…….that they are somehow undeserving of their success because they are less talented than Clay is etc. etc. etc. The way I look at it, no matter whether I like the artist or not, if he or she is selling well and making money then it bolsters the pedigree of all of them including (and most important to me, Clay). If the stable of AI grads are solid performers on the charts and in the stores, it moves each one of them by association, one step further away from the image of "just a reality show contestant." As more seasons pass and if the crop has a good yield year after year….it's all good.

smart lady..and I completely agree.

Oooh! I see I qualified for advanced membership too…..keeping mind that membership has its privileges, I hope there's an advanced membership drive coming soon!

ah man, I need to come up with another system.... someting fun...no matter what Muski's twist is, advanced member is boring.

Clay Aiken, I can't imagine my life without him.

thread title?

You mean that's the first time that's happened to you? I just received my new card last week from my most recent brain fog at the ATM. I think what happens with me is I forget that I actually put my card into the machine and didn't just swipe it and put it back in my purse. So I walk away like a moron ... and especially if someone is with me and I happen to be talking ....

Thank god I'm not alone. This was actually my third time doing it. But here's what made it so annoying this time. It was my mom's card. So they wouldn't give it back to me. I had to leave the bank, go home, pick up my mom, take her to the bank, take her home, and then go back to work - WITHOUT LUNCH. And boy was I crabby the rest of the damn day.

Ever have one of those days when you just feel totally "off," and kinda blechy to boot?

Yeah today fits.

Switched to AI during a commercial from Lost - There was Clive talking and everything and he talked about the great songwriters that gave us the AI songbook and write #1 hits for .........

CLAY AIKEN!

whoo hooo

Wha? Clive said "Clay"? Heh. Re-circle. :lol:

LOL... this might get interesting....

OK I wanted to comment on how mean they were to Sanjayah but can't find the original post. But anyway, to me there is a pattern of being ok with certain folks at the beginning of the competition but the moment momemtum starts carrying them along and they're afraid that they'll be there near the end they do start working over time to get rid of them. First time I saw that was season 2 with Carmen.