#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

WOOHOO -- new thread for discussion of the globe-trotting Clay Aiken ... or what Bottlecap said! :clap:

While Clay has been celebrating his teacher's retirement, chilling, and flying to London in search of a producer, I received a link from a musician friend of an amazing performance on "Britain's Got Talent":

. (There are several versions, and the number of views, comments, etc., is unreal.)

Here is another: Six-Year-Old Makes Them Cry. (This video ends with Eva Cassidy softly singing the same song.)

Have a great day, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

Short and sweet....well at least Clay can relate to half of that.

I love that he's telling us about the 'little things'...the retirement party, playing with the dogs, etc. I also love even more that he keeps talking about the music.

(The man just wanted another stamp on his passport, didn't he?)

I love that he's telling us about the 'little things'...the retirement party, playing with the dogs, etc. I also love even more that he keeps talking about the music.

Somehow, I sense another of your skits in the works, Laughn. :lol:

Caro listen.gif

WOOHOO -- new thread for discussion of the globe-trotting Clay Aiken ... or what Bottlecap said! :clap:

While Clay has been celebrating his teacher's retirement, chilling, and flying to London in search of a producer, I received a link from a musician friend of an amazing performance on "Britain's Got Talent":

. (There are several versions, and the number of views, comments, etc., is unreal.)

Here is another: Six-Year-Old Makes Them Cry. (This video ends with Eva Cassidy softly singing the same song.)

Caro listen.gif

OMG that 6 year old was incredible...LOVE that she was so unpretentious, so natural, didn;t try to be smart and the tone of her voice was just so sweet. I usually roll my eyes at cutesy kid performers that just shout their way through a performance. This was beautifully pitched, great nuance and so age appropriate. I wonder if she can sing other songs that well.

The Paul Potts guy...the moment was sure dramatic. The way the people spontaneously cheered was great TV moment. But the tone of his voice was not that great to me. He sang it well...no question about that and he deserved to go on. But I watched it after the little girl and I think she wins hands down for me...yeah I know I'm such a sap...

HEE short but sweet??? I;m sure Muski will disagree...

yup great blog...he sure can pack lots of info in a few short paragraphs.

Caro listen.gif

Wow, both of those clips are fantastic. The opera guy has a wonderful operatic voice, and I hope his appearance on the show, whether he wins or not, provides him with the career he deserves. I'm not an opera fan at all, but he truly has a fantastic sound, IMO. The girl's performance blew me away too -- because as Ansa said, there's some nuance there, some that most singers never achieve. Having said that, though -- I always worry about kids that age appearing on shows like that, just from the business point of view. She'll have to grow up in a hurry, and that almost always makes me sad.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!

:DoClay:

thread title heee although he's now soft and hard rockin' heee

Heh. I love this for a thread title too.

This was a cool "non-blog" for me. Just bein' a chatty Cathy, which is so much fun.

Other than that...nuthin'. It's Friday, and I want to go home.

Ansa and Idy, below is a story about Connie that Sally emailed me. Amazingly, she told no one at school of her success, and teachers and students only learned about the performance when the show was televised. :)

Connie

On Saturday night, viewers and the trio of panellists will vote to decide if Connie makes it through to the following evening's studio final for the chance to sing in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Show and win £100,000.

"This girl is just special," Cowell told the Mail last night. "I have never felt such a powerful silence in my life as when Connie sang. It was pure magic.

This should prove interesting! :P

Caro listen.gif

Weeee! Come from behind 9th inning walk off win last night and a blog this morning!

:allgood:

----

Thanks for all the good words about my son. You realize of course that was the "good parts" version. Seriously he's an amazing guy on many levels but in the interest of truth in advertising...

he ...

- may be the slobbiest slob that ever slobbed

- has never met a deadline that was too important to not put off until the last possible moment, or worse.

- drives like an old man (:shrugs:)

- is smarter than the average bear but lacks what I call "lifesense"

- loses stuff...big important stuff. If he had a passport it would be lost, along with it's replacement

- leaks change. Usually a couple of dimes, a nickle and several pennies.

Anyone still want him?

:RedGuy:

---

eta : I feel way sorry for both Kelly and her fans. That would be soooo sad.

Edited by jamar1700

See! I went to bed early again last night and voila! Another blog!

You're welcome. :medium-smiley-070:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!

:DoClay:

I love this as a thread title too! Too bad we just started a new thread!

Off to read the blog, and can we say TGIF!

Edited by Claygasm

- may be the slobbiest slob that ever slobbed

eh, I'm neutral on that - not a neatnik but draw the line at the Health Dept. being brought in...

- has never met a deadline that was too important to not put off until the last possible moment, or worse.

Been there, done that - but have never been late to a Clay Aiken concert! I have my priorities!

- drives like an old man (:shrugs:)

Since I drive like a bat out of hell on occasion, maybe we will average out...

- is smarter than the average bear but lacks what I call "lifesense"

Man, you sound like my mother! Except she called it the "common sense God gave an ant". I ain't dead yet! It'll get better.

- loses stuff...big important stuff. If he had a passport it would be lost, along with it's replacement

Don't mind me, I'm just looking up and whistling - do not consult merrieeee on this aspect of my personality.

- leaks change. Usually a couple of dimes, a nickle and several pennies.

See, this I love. My father was like this, and therefore a TOTAL profit center for his daughters!

Clay is a sweetie! Still just "talking" to producers? I don't believe we'll see another album under the end of 2008 now! But I bet it'll be kickass!

And what the hell is "espanyolee"?!?! That's not even phonetically right! Dude, I'm willing to teach you some serious Spanglish here in Texas...we'll work on it, jefe!

You know what strikes me as cool, the more I think about the blog? That he went to his teacher's retirement party. How many people (let alone pop stars who are v.v. busy) do that? I think it's awesome that he is so grounded, and is involved with the teachers who he obviously still looks up to. I mean, he took one with him to Afghanistan. He has one on the board of directors (I think) of the BAF. I'm sure I'm probably forgetting other mentions....

I hope he is able to wrap up his search for a producer soon. Maybe he wants to get that all set before he heads out on tour, so that they can start on it in the time in between the last date in Orlando, and the tour rehearsals for the next JNaT?

I wonder if he'll blog during the tour rehearsals in the next couple of weeks, and give us some hints of what they're up to? That would be cool. I doubt he'll give much away, but I love that he is in communication mode right now. I'd love to hear any funny little tidbits that he care to share.

Wheeeee! 19 days to TOUR!!!!! :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Awwww Jamar your son sounds great....reminds me of my daughter Sam...

- may be the slobbiest slob that ever slobbed - YUP, her room is always a mess...and when she cooks...GAH!!

- has never met a deadline that was too important to not put off until the last possible moment, or worse. -ah this one no...she is a good worker and works on her projects early

- drives like an old man (:shrugs:) - hee another opposite...she does not drive yet, but she sure goes fast on an ATV

- is smarter than the average bear but lacks what I call "lifesense" - yeah she is a bit clueless but she does listen to me

- loses stuff...big important stuff. If he had a passport it would be lost, along with it's replacement - YUP

- leaks change. Usually a couple of dimes, a nickle and several pennies. - uh huh...I bet she has a fortune in change in that messy bedroom. and from her last birthday money alone..she lost 70 dollars...sigh.

but she also has such a wonderful sense of self and confidence that I can see her having the same attitude if she was in the same situation. I remember someone left a really nasty comment on her website. She didn;t tell me about it ...her sister did. When I asked her about it she just shrugged and said it didn;t bother her...she figures its the other person leaving nasty notes that has the problem not her. So yeah she can be pretty wise at times.

Caro... I love that article and I don;t think thats really spin cos that kid was so unpretentious. didn't try to get anymore attention by trying to be cute. But it does scare me to think fo what this business may do to her at this age. Personally...I wouldn't do this until she was much much older.

YUP..someone please nominate bottles line for the next thread. the way y'all are posting it won't be long till we need a new one.

Ah man I was going to say Jamar, now that youve scared off the riff raff my neices number is 1 800 DAT EHER

But then KAndre blew that thought all out of the water with her kick ass response. OH and Ansa's to. Hmmm competition is still heated. heee.

Welp, 3 hours sleep... lord help me get through the day.

OMG!!! Sometimes parents are sooooooooooo clueless!

And sometimes they just don't listen.

My father just called me. He wanted to know if I knew Clay was coming to Philly at the Mann. Apparently it was in the paper (in an ad for the Mann).

Can we say duh?

Now, that along would be funny - that he, and my mother, would think I didn't know Clay was coming to Philly, but when I told him I had tickets to Clay in Texas and California and Florida so why wouldn't I know he was coming here, he said "You're going to Texas and Florida?" (he remembered California because I think he has a crush on muski who he met once and still talks about!) Now, I have talked about going to Texas and Florida A LOT! He even asked me why I had to see Clay so many times. And yet now he not only forgot that, but wonders if I knew he was coming to Philly?

Parents say the darndest things! :cryingwlaughter:

ShhhShhhShhh no slob talk nononononononono

I don't need another half hour phone call reminding me that I posted on this board that Clay is a slob and how slob is the worst insult ever.. Nonononononononononono SHHHHHHH

looks around furtively, pleadingly

So, I see we have a new thread - pages have just been flying by.

Has anyone seen the counterfeit toothpaste story? Weird, weird - why counterfeit something and poison it andthen mark it uniquely - theywhole thing just does not make any sense - is toothpaste so over priced that it is that profitable, but then why poison your clients?

For Clay, should he ever find this place

hola.gifmessage48.gif or maybe just message43.gif

Edited by playbiller

Why does it make me very happy that I just paypaled KAndre my money for the eHP Blow-out Pre-Doing Clay who is Rock Hard party???

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Tour3: :TourExcite: :DoClay:

he sure can pack lots
from ldyjocelyn

and

Blow-out Pre-Doing Clay who is Rock Hard party
from Claygasm

Ah.....I love good smut in the morning.

How did I get to 'somebody is blowing Clay at a party' from here?

Lordy, I need a Clay fix. Is it July yet?

Edited by cindilu2

Clay blogged. He is so special to do that again, so soon. Who put something in his water? Did someone hypnotize him and tell him to blog blog blog. Is the man ill? :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, I love to hear him name drop, and find out he is jet setting around the world. Isn't it fun to have such a teensy weensy role in helping to finance these trips. My pleasure Clay. No thanks needed. Unless you just want to give me one of those infamous hugs of yours. :whistling-1:

I talked to my stepson last night and he has attended a concert at The Brady Theater, in Tulsa, before. He said it was a very nice old theater and all good seats. 3 weeks away.............I'm foaming at the bit... :Tour3:

I'm keeping track, merrieeee!!! Three weeks from today ..... 21 days ..... WOO HOO!!! :TourExcite:

I'm now thinking that the jet-setting lately is all producer related. Maybe his good buddy DF has hooked him up to interview the top music producers in the world and Clay and Jaymes are flying around meeting them to see what fits. If so, then Jaymes was probably with him in Paris ... and Spain ... and now on to England. I think Clay must be her "special exclusive project" ... I know Jaymes produced Bianca Ryan's debut album last year, but other than that I think she's devoted to Clay's career.

There is some kind of strange alchemy going on in the music business ... black is white and up is down. Kelly Clarkson sold 15 millions albums, won Grammies, has been the darling of Top 40 radio, gets tons of publicity and her career appears to be in crisis mode right now. Clay, on the other hand, has never had radio, his most recent album didn't go platinum, he hasn't ever been nominated for a Grammy, and yet he seems to be on a trajectory to the stratosphere. I guess industry insider conventional wisdom just ain't what it used to be!!!

You crack me up, Conchita KAndre ....... Clay Aiken is El Jefe, indeed! And El Jefe is such a classic Sagitarrian -- jet-setting traveler going home to spend time with his animals .. and then OFF again!

Regarding his social studies teacher whose retirement party he attended .... would this be the teacher he took with him to Afghanistan?

THREE WEEKS ..... THREE WEEKS ..... THREE WEEKS ..... :Tour3:

keepingfaith....a number of notes from your groovy post:

re: Jaymes----

I think Clay must be her "special exclusive project"
She's got a long line of women ahead of her for THAT position, I'd say... :eusa_whistle:

think she's devoted to Clay's career.
See above comment.

Clay, on the other hand, has never had radio, his most recent album didn't go platinum, he hasn't ever been nominated for a Grammy, and yet he seems to be on a trajectory to the stratosphere.
You know, this says it all for me. I've always seen Clay as that tortoise (yeppers, hard shell connotations and all...) in the race. He's here for the long haul...and although he loves attention and spotlights, etc., I really think he'd prefer to have a type of career that allows him SOME privacy and real life and down time and creative freedom to just....

LIVE and enjoy, you know? Again, I see people like Linda Ronstadt who enjoy long careers, make a living from their talent, but don't live FOR the commercial gain of that talent. I have no idea what Linda does with her time or her money or her 'celebrity', but we know what Clay has told us he wants to do with his. I could imagine him seeking that balance of creating a celebrity for himself that is just enough to ensure that he can both continue to do what he loves---sing with that gifted voice---and be able to make that singing MEAN something greater...

I lurve him. I'll be here, whether he's #1 on five million charts or just hanging around with just a few CDs in the record stores.... :lilredani:

I don't know if I see Clay as a tortoise - not the most attractive animal - and he seems tp be pretty fast to me (always hugging the women on TV), but I see him working on building a career, rather than just running out to be the falvor of the year.

Now if he wanted to be a dog, he could be a border collie, the beautiful animal it is. Sleek speedy, purposeful, carefully plotting out it's next move, the target of some wolves, that it always outsmarts. With long and glorious fur/hair, a distinguished profile and the brains to back up its actions. Unfortunately, these lovely creatures have become attractive to dog show people and will now be bred for looks rather than brains. Way to ruin something of beauty.

Plotting? I think Clay is blogging more to keep us busy, to give us topics to talk about so we don't canabalize each other before the tour. You would think that the upcoming tour would be enough, but apparently not.

Edited by playbiller