#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't think that Clay needs another male back up singer. In fact, I'd rather he didn't get one. To me, the whole clash of egos thing just doesn't make it worth it. And I think he sounds just fine without one. In fact, he sounded just fine on the JNaT without any back up whatsoever. Not that I don't like Angie and Quiana - I do. I'm looking forward to the fun they will get up to this summer. I watched the Happy Together bit from the JBT in AC yesterday and was cracking up at the antics - Clay really bit into Angela's hand, hard enough to not let her pull it back anyways, and then it looked like he was exerting some effort to keep both of them in a head lock to the end of the song. :RedGuy:

Did some surfing around this morning, and let me just say how happy I am to end up back here, with this gorgeous new banner that makes me giggle everytime I see it!

I can't wait for the Frisco cellcert. I hope my son doesn't have a baseball game that night, but if he does, I'm busy. I've read a lot of speculation that Frisco will be different from other venues. Many people seem to suspect he'll do a different set, or at least partially a different set. Some have lamented that while they hope or expect to hear LAA on this tour, they don't see it fitting into Frisco. Personally, I'll be extremely surprised if Frisco's set is any different than the rest of the tour. I mean, it's opening night! The night when they work all the kinks out. If anything, he might add a patriotic song at the end of the night, IMO. But otherwise, I don't think we'll see many changes. Did I say I can't wait? 9 more days!!!!!!!! :TourExcite:

No time right now to post a lot, but I saw this one on the CH this morning (full text in the Fast Forward News section):

Clay Aiken Adds Dates to Magical Holiday Tour 2007

Clay Aiken has proven he's a popular concert artist and with the summer tour opener just 10 days away, November and December dates for the Magical Holiday Tour 2007 are already surfacing on orchestra websites.

Bolding mine. I like that.

{{{{{{playbiller}}}}}}}}}}] Hope things work out for the best.

Magical Holiday Tour 2007

Okay, based on that tour name tell me I'm not the only one humming a little Beatles tune.

Roll up, roll up for the magical mystery tour, step right this way.

Roll up, roll up for the mystery tour.

Roll up (AND) THAT'S AN INVITATION, roll up for the mystery tour.

Roll up TO MAKE A RESERVATION, roll up for the mystery tour.

The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away,

Waiting to take you away.

Roll up GOT EVERYTHING YOU NEED, roll up for the mystery tour.

Roll up SATISFACTION GUARANTEED, roll up for the mystery tour.

The magical mystery tour is hoping to take you away,

Hoping to take you away.

A mystery trip.

The magical mystery tour.

Roll up (AND) THAT'S AN INVITATION, roll up for the mystery tour.

Roll up TO MAKE A RESERVATION, roll up for the mystery tour.

The magical mystery tour is coming to take you away,

Coming to take you away.

The magical mystery tour is dying to take you away,

Dying to take you away, take you today.

Morning FCA! Thanks for the banner-love :F_05BL17blowkiss:

NINE DAYS!!! Gah! :DoClay:

On Jacob. First - - Jacob who? Seriously - who ever heard of him before Clay's tour? And since? (Yes of course I know there are some). I really enjoyed his Rock With You during the JBT (and provided some of the little bit of Clack there is of it on-line). I've heard all the stories (some first hand ~ my skin still crawls) about his antics with groupi... errr.. fans during the IT and the NAT. Blech. That's just personal reaction though ~ I don't honestly care who backs him up. I love both girls, and hope that they are with him for as long as it is good for all involved. As far as I'm concerned, they (Jacob included) don't have to love him, they just have to show him the same respect (whether they're still with him or not) that he shows them, at least publicly. Bad-mouthing your employer (even after you leave) is just not professional. It might feel good, but it's just dumb. Not to mention alienating a potential ready-made fan base. I've always felt that the fact that Clay didn't say more about Jacob leaving spoke volumes.

Sorry Claygasm if I miss interpreted your post. I just didn't want you, or anybody else, to think I was one of those fans you were describing, when you quoted my post. I was in 7th row at that concert and I didn't see Clay crying either. However, I do think that he might of took the show of candles as support of him, due to Jacob leaving. The fans that were there were certainly showing him the love. He got a standing O for almost every song. He certainly was appreciative of us, for whatever his reasons. I also knew that the candles were already planned, as Pudding stated, and all that was discussed at OFC during the talk about Jacob. Those that were at the concert were glad that they were planned, because, as it turned out they provided a duel purpose of showing Clay that we stood behind him. It was special to me and I should of mentioned it in my favorite concert moments. Of course all of mine have favorite moments. LOL

I don't care if Clay gets a replacement for Jacob. I don't think he needs one, you're never alone in the fandom lucky, but I don't have a problem if he does get one. I don't have a problem if Jacob returns to help Clay out. However I don't see that happening because according to Jacob, "He will never work a Clay concert again." HaHaHa I think it is too bad Clay can't do his own backup live. Hee Wouldn't that be awesome? I just plain don't like the man, Jacob. He turns me off with his huge, jealous of Clay, ego. He always had this too cool for school attitude about him, IMO. I don't doubt for a minute that he was terminated with good cause. I bet Clay hated to do it. I don't know what their relationship is now and if they are friends good for them. I personally have no respect for the way Jacob made his departure, though. I think it shows absolutely no class and it is a blatant slap in the face to the prime "shine time" that Clay always gave to his back up performers. He always allowed them their solos and time to shine to be noticed by people in the industry. To get their own fans. To get their shot at being discovered and I think that qualifies for some respect to finish the show before you make your departure. It showed me that I was right about his character. Plus it was unprofessional behavior, from anyone. JMO though. I don't care which artist he is working for, I would feel the same way about Jacob.

The back channel girl chasing stuff doesn't bother me either. Of course I never heard all of these stories. Groupies are groupies and getting lucky with one of the band members, and getting backstage, is what they live for. Being ugly, or good looking, and being able to score with young good looking chicks is one of the perks of being a rock stah. *g* Even if you're an aging rock stah, say like Mick Jagger. Eeeew he is just so ugly to me. I always wished Clay would cash in on this perk, once in awhile, myself. *Ducking tomatos* So I don't have a problem with Jacob in that regards. I do think, though, that most Clay groupies would prefer to get lucky with Clay over Jacob, though....... :cryingwlaughter: I remember Jacob being at the fence in KC at the solo tour. Jerome was conducting his auditions for the sing along with Clay song and Jacob was using it as an opportunity, for what evah his motives where. He wasn't having much luck getting attention, when I was there.

playbiller I hope you are going to be alright and don't have anything seriously wrong with you.

Thanks YSRN for that ISY link. Clay trying to be angsty turns me on, big time. I know, what doesn't? Hee

I'm happy to hear that couchie's cousin is going to be available to talk to soon. Can't wait for that, and to get our pins. I hope my T-Shirt arrives by Wednesday. I'm so jealous of all you people who get to go to the Frisco concert. No way I can stay a virgin. I just know it. Ansamcw I have to hit the housework hard this week myself. So much to do so little time.................My hubby got the car all washed and vacuumed for me yesterday. One more thing to cross off my list.

ldyjocelyn, I think this is one of the reasons why Clay has climbed up that chart, from the #21 position to the #10 position. He is a proven successful touring artist. He is in demand when his tickets go on sale. I was thrilled to see that chart showing his earnings. He has great earning potential and still generates buzz. Not only that but I think his album sales reflect his popularity too. He may not be all over the radio but people know his name and people love him. He is also a popular TV guest and a proven ratings draw. So I am not surprised to see him on the chart in the #10 spot. Hopefully he will be in the #1 spot someday soon.

keepingfaith is just a puddle of goo right now. What are you eHP girls doing to her? Bad enablers......

Cindi great, great banner. Thank you..............

Edited by Clayzorback

I never gave the personal stories about Jacob much credence espeically since I knew one of the little meanies that was spreading them. She really had a hate on for him and was quite a vindictive beyotch. Seemed like a pile on that seems to happen in Clay Naiton and grow and grow and grow more unbelievable as time went on. And if Jacob wanted a little something something on the side, and fans groupies were willing to give it up to get an in to Clay (most likely) then whatever, That's on them. I'm definitely not going to feel sorry for grown ass women being used. And I just hate how careless "we" can be with another person's reputation.

We're in single digits for the tour? Yeehaw. Damn I wish I was going to Txas. heee.

That little write up on the concert sure was up to date with all it's info...especiall the soft and hard part..sounds like somebody has been at a fan site.

Hey, just checked my Clay googles from last night and looks like they stole that great write up from Caro. heee

Yeah, Jacob is a big boy and was, at the time, unattached. To the best of my knowledge, none of the rumors concerning his womanizing ever involved anyone under age, so what two consenting adults do is no business of mine. If the women ended up not getting to Clay (if that was their goal), that's their problem. Jacob wouldn't be the first horn dog in the music biz, or any other business, so I don't hold any of that against him. And I am sure Clay was aware of what Jacob was doing - assuming all the rumors were true. He was around him for a long time and he's no fool. If it didn't bother him, why should it bother any of his fans? I don't know Jacob so I am certainly not going to sit in judgement of him.

As for the comment attributed to Jacob on his myspace, I heard at the time it was supposedly posted by someone else without Jacob's permission and that is why it was withdrawn so quickly. No idea if that is true, spin, excuses, or whatever, but since I believe in innocent until proven guilty, I'm not going to judge him by that one entry. It also could have just been a comment made in the heat of the moment and when he calmed down he thought better of it. Who knows.

Who cares anymore. As I said, I liked him as a back-up singer to Clay. I do think the harmonies of songs sound better with a male voice in there and if he ever got another male back-up and it was Jacob, I would be pleased. If it wasn't Jacob and the guy sounded good with the others, I would be pleased.

I'm easy. As long as Clay is standing front and center singing, I'm happy.

Play, glad you'll survive! There are many worse remedies than changing your diet! Hope it all goes away soon.

Muski, hang in there! The water situation will be fixed, you'll get all your work done for the conference and soon you'll be able to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for Clay in Frisco! :Tour3:

So, I am sitting here in my office today and it suddenly hit me - this is the last week ever for our business. After 34 years, this business will be closing. Weird, weird, feeling. And there is still sooooooooooooo much to do!

Ugh.

Greetings, DCA ... er FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Beautiful banner, Cindilu2! :)

No time right now to post a lot, but I saw this one on the CH this morning (full text in the Fast Forward News section):

Clay Aiken Adds Dates to Magical Holiday Tour 2007

Clay Aiken has proven he's a popular concert artist and with the summer tour opener just 10 days away, November and December dates for the Magical Holiday Tour 2007 are already surfacing on orchestra websites.

This is just too funny. I first saw this story at Clayversity before the board shut down until this afternoon. Lolocat had posted the link and the first couple of graphs. I started reading and suddenly it struck me, "Hey, that's my lead!!!" Sure enough, "Ticket News" copied the top of my current blog all the way down to the list of holiday concerts. Anything for the cause! :whistling-1:

There is more to my post, but I can't figure out why I can't make paragraphs and links. Is anything different or has Retrograde Mercury hit me real hard today?

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

ooooh...that banner is all kinds of cool! :Tour3:

Jacob...hmmm...liked his voice as a backup--not so much on its own. I know that for some of the songs (WDC in particular) I would see him dancing or just 'being' in the background and would think that he might've been peeved about being in the background instead of front and center. I DO think there was ego friction and wonder if that's inevitable. Clay is definitely alpha male (rawr!) and all his self-deprecating banter and "aw shucks I'm just a country boy with big ears" schtick aside, he likes the spotlight and attention. I can imagine you'd have to be damned self-assured and comfortable with yourself to be Clay's male backup singer.

I decided really quickly that Jacob isn't my type. First, I don't find him physically attractive at all and would go so far as to put him in the 'schmarmy' category. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. Second, I actually walked by him at Musikfest and he's a shrimp. WOuld rather have a lobster, if you get my drift. Third, :DoClay:

All the antics, though, among the four of them made for great entertainment and I do agree that having a lower male voice enhances some of the songs---not all, though. Actually, I don't get why you need Angela and Quiana during Without You! Anyhoo, when he didn't come back for the second half of the show in Iowa, Jacob left my radar completely. Unless there was a family emergency, it just doesn't seem excusable. Incredibly unprofessional. Especially considering all the support and promotion Clay allowed Jacob from the beginning of their professional relationship. Whatever. I'm with CG---if he doesn't get another guy, that's fine. If he does, that's fine.

Gonna stay one more night in our little motel. We'll know more today about the condition of the place. If the mold guy says we're good, the contractor can start the rebuilding and he's going to fix the place where the water heater goes first so that we can get the new one in ASAP. It would be nice to have hot water for showers before we get back in the house, you know? :scream:

One suitcase for Texas. That's all. Just one. I swear. I'll be packing for 10 days, but I SWEAR I'll only pack one suitcase. :whistling-1:

Edited by muskifest

Wow, we are getting popular. :RedGuy:

27 guests, 5 members 4 anonymous members

Clayversity withdrawal, maybe? Waves to any visiting peeps! :allgood:

Caro, it's probably weird to have your blog lifted and quoted like that, but at least it was in a good cause and the resulting article was complimentary. My first reaction when I read the article was that someone had access to the fan sites.

It just hit me that Clay is somewhere cooking up his suprises for the tour and getting his voice ready..yay.

I know....I can't wait to find out what surprises he has in store for us!!! :Tour3:

Speaking of Jacob....I noticed something yesterday while watching the AC JBT....Clay came out on stage during Jacob's solo in the Motown medley. He usually doesn't come out until after Jacob is done, at the beginning of Reach Out (I'll Be There). He seemed to be laughing and having a great time up there, dancing in the background, but none of the clack gatherers focused on him...they all followed Jacob. Does anyone who was actually there think he just came out early by mistake? Or did he want to watch Jacob? I just thought it was cool...because it was out of the ordinary.

Wow, we are getting popular. :RedGuy:

27 guests, 5 members 4 anonymous members

Well yes, and no. heee. Yahoo is crawling around.

Why are you crawling my site? Yahoo! Slurp is Yahoo!'s web-indexing robot. The Yahoo! Slurp crawler collects documents from the Web to build a searchable index for search services using the Yahoo! search engine. These documents are discovered and crawled because other web pages contain links directing to these documents.

About 50% were probably bots..I ran some of the IPs last night cuz I was curious too and LdyJ went to town and found the answer.

Is Clayversity down?

Jacob - I have some factual knowledge of him - he was originally hired by Kelly to duet with her as well as sing backup for the IT. I have no factual knowledge of why he left the show in the middle and if it was even his choice. SO, I can't really have an opinion on that.

I think that one of the thing that has always reflected so positively on Clay is the way that he has treated the people in his band and backup - everyone got a moment to shine - there were solo sections for the musicians and well as solo songs for the backups. I remember that for the first JNT there were two rotating solos for the back ups until they got to New York where each person got their solo - There were also suits in the audience. I think that a lot if this generosity came from his days on the Hometown connection, but also probably from the days where Clay had a bit in a show and apperciated the mention and any extra time. You just don't see that much anymore. There is also something special that he has going with Quiana - where he almost seems to push her more than others to get exposure, it has not been working, since she has no contract, but he went so far as to have her duet with him in his special. If Clay ever gets a TV show, I am sure Quiana will be on it someway or another. Could she be the Arthur Treacher to his Merv Griffin? Who knows.

I guess the spell checker does not work in netscape - I just don't see anything.

Health - I don't like to talk about it because there is never anything really seriously wrong with me, but since I had the same doctor for 20 years, she likes to nip things in the bud - like high blood pressure - my doctor wants me to keep mine to 110 over 70, but when I say it is 135 of 85, most people think that is normal - but it is not for the doctor I had for 20 years. So much more serious stuff is happening to other people or their family members, my stuff is kind of foolish. When others break legs, I pull muscles, when I do break bones, it is hairline fractures and I can still drive and walk and not have a cast (well I have a plastic removable cast because I broke one ankle 4 times until I finally saw a doctor who showed me how to strenghten the ankle muscles), it is just painful, but not debilitating. I am too lucky for anyone give sympathy.

Speaking of Jacob....I noticed something yesterday while watching the AC JBT....Clay came out on stage during Jacob's solo in the Motown medley. He usually doesn't come out until after Jacob is done, at the beginning of Reach Out (I'll Be There). He seemed to be laughing and having a great time up there, dancing in the background, but none of the clack gatherers focused on him...they all followed Jacob. Does anyone who was actually there think he just came out early by mistake? Or did he want to watch Jacob? I just thought it was cool...because it was out of the ordinary.

Clay came out by mistake. He even joked about it, saying he loved it so much he wanted to be a part of it, or something like that!

Wanted add more love for cindilu2's beautiful banner! Hey couchie and ansa, When the tour officially starts, can we change the name to Doing Clay Aiken instead of Finding Clay Aiken???

No?

Oh well, its a thought!

:DoClay:

Caro, it's probably weird to have your blog lifted and quoted like that, but at least it was in a good cause and the resulting article was complimentary. My fisrt reaction when I read the article was that someone had access to the fan sites.

You can rest easy -- "Ticket News" read the entry on Blogspot. This was not a big deal. I was just reporting on the newest holiday concerts. I'm glad to help get the word out. :allgood:

Speaking of which, what I was trying to post earlier but finally gave up because Rich Text was throwing me so many curves ...

As you know, I will go into the hospital Tuesday for a cath procedure/possible stent intervention. I let my BOD and HEART tell the story in the second half of the blog. The dialogue starts like this:

BOD: Listen up, HEART, this is the BRAIN speaking for the rest of Caro. We are assembled because we want you to know we are tired of spending our annual "vacation" at the hospital. This will be the third consecutive year we have had to go to this cath lab convention. Do you have a crush on the doctor or something?

HEART: Hey, guys, it's not my fault. The docs can't even figure it out. We know people who would kill for her cholesterol readings; the last LDL was 73. Do you know how amazing that is?!? She reads labels, watches sodium and cholesterol intake, doesn't touch fried foods, rarely eats red meat. She never has used much salt and should own stock in Mrs. Dash. Now that you mention it, that surgeon is kind of cute though.

Cindilu2 just happened to get in the middle of this tale when I was writing it. Thank you for all the good vibes, FCA! :wub:

The blog is at the OFC and at Carolina On My Mind.

Playbiller, hope all goes well for you and that you enjoy the beach. Sending you lots of hugs! :)

CV is changing servers and moving files today. I think they hope to be back up around 1 p.m. We'll see! :P

Laughn -- love the new skit! :lol:

Y'all have a wonderful week! Won't be long! :Tour3:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

Wanted add more love for cindilu2's beautiful banner! Hey couchie and ansa, When the tour officially starts, can we change the name to Doing Clay Aiken instead of Finding Clay Aiken???

No?

Oh well, its a thought!

I already had the same thought and mentioned it to Cindilu. heee

Faye and Clay are out of luck. I have exactly 3 pins left and I swear I think I skipped somebody when making the lables so must do a double check.

Play, I whined this weekend about my allergies. There are no problems too small to mention.

Caro: I would kill for your cholestoral reading!! Good luck

No?

Oh well, its a thought!

I already had the same thought and mentioned it to Cindilu. heee

OH we really should do this! It would be such a hoot - and would go with our pins!

Faye and Clay are out of luck. I have exactly 3 pins left and I swear I think I skipped somebody when making the lables so must do a double check.

Its not too late to order t-shirts for Raleigh and Durham though! Afterall, they're probably going on tour too!

110.jpg

Play, I whined this weekend about my allergies. There are no problems too small to mention.

Well then, I'll make a confession - I'm having minor (I mean, seriously minor) surgery on my foot Wednesday. I have to have it done Wednesday because every other date conflicted with a Clay concert. I have my priorities, people. Ya shoulda seen my podiatrist roll his eyes.

{{{play}}}

{{{couchie}}}

{{{KAndre}}} (do you have to take the bling off your toes for that?) :lilredani:

{{{Caro-in-advance}}}

{{{Claygasm&family}}}

{{{FDCA}}}

In so many ways, this fandom is kind of like a big, extended family. I find it pretty cool to know that I can come and tell my buds about stuff. From a sore toe, to a proud moment, to a devastating loss ~ I know the comments will either make me smile or cry or laugh my ample ass off. How cool is that?

edited cuz I KNEW I'd overlook someone if I started naming names (which I hardly ever do, cuz I always overlook someone, demmit)

{{{{{{muskifamily&Shadow}}}}}

Edited by cindilu2

Well then, I'll make a confession - I'm having minor (I mean, seriously minor) surgery on my foot Wednesday. I have to have it done Wednesday because every other date conflicted with a Clay concert. I have my priorities, people. Ya shoulda seen my podiatrist roll his eyes.

So THAT was the sound I heard the other day! I could have sworn it was the sound of eyes rolling....

*g*

Hope things go well for you KAndre. The big question -- will you still be able to wear fabulous shoes?

I forgot in my massive missive yesterday to talk about allergies -- and to say I really can't help. I've been an allergic mess since I was a kid (Hey! Clay and I have a connection!), and I take prescription strength Allegra D every day. I'm also subjecting myself to a round of allergy desensitization shots. I think after 6 months it's starting to work. (This is a LONG process).

Faye? Totally out of luck on the pin. Clay, however -- well, I'll sacrifice one of my pins when I get that M&G. *g* Explaining the pin should be fun.

{{{{{Caro}}}}}]