#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I think with the pins it's a little hard to keep Faye out of the loop...

From what I recall, and again the memory isn't the greatest, Clay's attorneys need to protect his TradeMark in order to keep it going. If they don't they lose the TradeMark. So, when the pins showed up, desiners were told that his name or image could not be used. That is why many used silhouettes and not photos or direct duplications of pictures.

Story I heard is that Faye intervened. She loved the pins. Wanted a copy of each one issued. So, the attorneys looked the other way until it got so huge and the pins were not following the rules. Cease and Desist letters were issued and the pins disappeared from open view.

So maybe what she doesn't know about is better left "underground?" But would LOVE Quiana to have one -- IF she can keep a secret!

Edited by clayzedover

Laughn I can see all sides of the issue really. I remember when I had my meet & greet I thought long and hard about what to give Clay and then thought hell the man has everything. I did end up giving him our original pin cuz I thought it was sharp and it was all I had. And I'm glad it did because it turned my little meet and greet into something memorable. But other than that I haven't given him anything and don't think I even given to group gifts. It's not my thang. But then I've turned around every month for the past 4 years and paid to support Clay in the way I do feel great about. Everybody has their own way and my way is no different than someone who takes a nice gift once a year.. I think most celebrities get gifts from their fans. I know that I have a famous relative and they get great gifts for Xmases and birthdays, especially for their son. And a lot of that stuff does trickle down to the poor side of the family heee. Whatever floats your boat in this case.

Yeah the legal issues... once Clay made it clear that open season was over Ansa and I moved out of the way. We just couldn't host anything with his picture and there did seem to be some cottage industries springing up. Clay has to protect his trademarks..I totally get and understand that. Once I'm done mailing out the pins I'll send whatever's left to TBAF and it won't be much - so no profit making going on here.

"Idol: The Musical"

I brought over a few quotes from some folks who saw the play in Syracuse. I will link the site also, but unsure how I feel about giving this idiot hits. Although anyone can give feedback.

Quote:

2. I saw IDOL: the musical in the Syracuse Premiere and i was happily impressed. It was nothing like i had expected. The book was amzingly witty and the music was not only catchy but it also was beautiful. The story is also really good. I don't think the main meaning of this show is that "Clay is going to save the world", as the last comment hinted to. And i agree that clay "makes our corner of [the world] a better place" and that's what the musical says too. I honestly believe that if you see no other musicals you should see IDOL: the musical because it is really good!

Rita at 12:55AM on Jun 24th 2007

Quote:

4. you can get tickets at smarttix.com its totally worth it! i went to go see it in syracuse- and the jokes are hilarious! its one of my favorite new shows! i already bought tickets for the shows in NYC and i cant wait to see it again!!

sarah at 7:49PM on Jun 24th 2007

If you wish to read in full go here:

http://www.spinner.com/2007/06/21/clay-aik...dway-treatment/

Laughn I can see all sides of the issue really. I remember when I had my meet & greet I thought long and hard about what to give Clay and then thought hell the man has everything. I did end up giving him our original pin cuz I thought it was sharp and it was all I had. And I'm glad it did because it turned my little meet and greet into something memorable. But other than that I haven't given him anything and don't think I even given to group gifts. It's not my thang. But then I've turned around every month for the past 4 years and paid to support Clay in the way I do feel great about. Everybody has their own way and my way is no different than someone who takes a nice gift once a year.. I think most celebrities get gifts from their fans. I know that I have a famous relative and they get great gifts for Xmases and birthdays, especially for their son. And a lot of that stuff does trickle down to the poor side of the family heee. Whatever floats your boat in this case.

Aww, Couch Tomato, I totally meant no disrespect. I think it's cool that you gave Clay the FCA pin, and I bet when you gave it to him you had a great conversation about it and the board too. I remember Clay talking about the boards and asking me how I met my friend when we had our M&G. I didn't mean to imply he wouldn't be interested in the pin that way. I know I'm just projecting my own impression of Clay here, but I imagine what he remembers most of your exchange is you and the conversation he had with you. I hope that is what he remembers most about my meeting too.

...and you are absolutely correct, the pins are beautiful. I understand the work that went into the designs and I am nothing but proud of the art and creativity of so many.

Edited by laughn

oh don't worry... I wasn't offended or disrespected in the least. I know there are people here who give gifts and although I never really do, I just lump gifts, and time on creative projects, or money on websites, or money to TBAF and othe charities into the same bucket.

You know, Couch Tomato, just my personal opinion and all that, I think Clay really couldn't care less what we give him. I think he sees all those things as just more 'things.' (though I do believe the man enjoys his electronics) I see him as a people person. I think he loves and appreciates what gifts we do bring and make and give, but I think what he seems to enjoy the most is just connecting with us. By that I mean I have never heard him say, 'Oh, I remember you, you gave me the (fill in the blank).' I have heard him remember faces and names of people from past concerts, which I think is very, very cool.

(btw, I gave him a sketch of him and Raleigh and some drawings from my students...drawings I'm sure even some of their own parents wouldn't have kept, including the picture of a kitten one of my little girls drew to keep him company...lol...I agree, it's all good)

I read that thread at the OFC. I just have to roll my eyes. I bet you would find the real screen names of a lot of those alias "Chexxxmates" if you follow the regular posters around that fight in these kinds of threads. They would be those mother hen protectors of Clay. They want to dictate to all of Clay's other fans what they should be allowed to read and see. I agree with sheiladownunder who posted in that thread that she doesn't want the members, posting in that thread, to dictate to her what she should read. I don't either. They want total censorship of the entire internet and you can't have that nor do most fans want it. JMO I am with cindi in what she said she would like to say to them. HeeHee

So what if that girl posted to bait. What did Clay tell his mother hen protectors to do? IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE..............But no they can't and won't do that. Arguing with and belittling the mods is much more fun. Getting threads closed down, that they don't like is more fun. Fighting with members from the OC board is more fun. Not only did they take the bait, they set the bait up to be taken. The original poster didn't include any of the bad stuff or post a link. A "Mother Hen" made sure to go get the link and post it, so they could continue their good fight for Clay. That's the way I saw it. SSDD same people.

You know it is funny. I was over at Clayton's Place reading this morning. They had a thread talking about cleansing your colon and how to have a good bowel movement. It literally CMSU. I suggested that the OFC could use a good enema............:cryingwlaughter:

I would have no problem at all explaining the D'Cat Tour pin to Faye and see no problem with giving her one. I think she has a good sense of humor. Jerome would probably be more than happy to give it to Clay if one of the fans was to give it to him prior to the show. That's one way to do it. He has taken gifts from me before and given them to Clay.

I think Faye would love a pin, this pin violated no rules, and you might not even know what it is about if you didn't hear the joke. And if you give Quiana one, then you know you have to give Angela one. And how can you not give Clay one?

I do think I would leave Jesse out of it though, he has shown no pin procilivity.

Someone posted this on CH:

There's a sweet message from Jimmy Kimmel on the OFC news page after you sign in. He thanks the fans for the show of love for him and his now gone appendix . He thanks the fans for all of their thoughts. Says he is doing okay. He signs it saying he is "our" fan

:lilredani:

THIS CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: What a hoot! I mean, when you think about it...it's amazing...Jimmy Kimmel--who in the beginning was a DEMON to us Clay fans for all his Clay bashing...and now?

BWAH! You know, we talk about how Clay can win people over...well, sometimes I guess his fans can, too.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: :Tour3:

Heh...wonder if Clay is "proud of us"... :whistling-1:

Edited by muskifest

Someone posted this on CH:

There's a sweet message from Jimmy Kimmel on the OFC news page after you sign in. He thanks the fans for the show of love for him and his now gone appendix . He thanks the fans for all of their thoughts. Says he is doing okay. He signs it saying he is "our" fan

:lilredani:

THIS CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: What a hoot! I mean, when you think about it...it's amazing...Jimmy Kimmel--who in the beginning was a DEMON to us Clay fans for all his Clay bashing...and now?

BWAH! You know, we talk about how Clay can win people over...well, sometimes I guess his fans can, too.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: :Tour3:

How cool is that?

Couchie, I don't know about any gifts...but on an online site where the news of his appendectomy was posted, a bunch of people blogged condolences, etc. A number of them suggested that instead of canceling the taping of live shows during his recuperation, he should have Clay be a substitute host. It was all fun and nobody said anything stupid or over the top that I read...I did see a number of them say they were Claymates who loved Jimmy, etc.

This time I'm very okay with the fact that people 'did something'---it was actually kind of sweet.

I bet Clay and Jimmy had a chuckle over it all, don't you?

This is an internet radio announcement that will affect Rose Radio's broadcast tomorrow. More information and a list of participating stations can be found here.

The Sounds of Silence Will be Heard By Millions

National Day of Silence for U.S. Webcasters to be Held in Protest of Fee Hike

WASHINGTON D.C. – The regularly scheduled programming of millions of Internet radio listeners will be temporarily interrupted tomorrow when tens of thousands of U.S. webcasters observe a national Day of Silence. Protesting the recent 300 percent royalty rate increase for online music webcasters, the aim of the industry wide daylong blackout is to raise awareness of the threat these new rates pose to the future of Internet radio and rally support for legislation pending in Congress. "Webcasters of every size and from every corner of the country will stand united tomorrow to protest a very real and fast approaching threat to their livelihood,” said Jake Ward, a spokesperson for the SaveNetRadio Coalition. “With nearly a half million emails and phone calls from webcasters, listeners, and the artists they support sent to Congress in just the last two months, this national grassroots campaign has certainly captured the attention of lawmakers, but there is more to be done and time is running out.

During the National Day of Silence webcasters will urge their listeners to contact their congressional representatives and ask them to support the Internet Radio Equality Act and preserve the future of Internet radio. Tomorrow the silence of tens of thousand of webcasters will make the call to save Internet radio heard loud and clear.

Internet-only webcasters and broadcasters that simulcast online will alert their listeners that "silence" is what Internet radio may be reduced to after July 15th, the day on which 17 months' worth of retroactive royalty payments -- at new, exceedlingly high rates --are due to the SoundExchange collection organization, following a recent Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) decision.

Clay and his very own member for that matter
Not going there, not going there, not going there...

Oh hell, I give up. I've been trained by muski...

I say what the hell too ldyjocelyn! Let's all go there - NOW! Lead the way Muski!

.......annnnd now I know what the thread was about. I'm so glad I don't do OFC.
*sigh* I could have gone without knowing but am going to ignoresmiley.gifas suggested, then :couch1: - just too much boh-ring for me

Giving Clay gifts - I love the idea of giving pins but tend to agree that Clay remembers faces and circumstances more than physical gifts - which is truly a gift for us!

I like that Kimmel said thank you - I don't always agree with the fan's methods, but I'm glad he appreciates our attention. But I'm happier that he enjoys Clay and knows he'll brings good stuff whenever he's on his show - and by that I mean engaging conversation, sarcasm, silliness, and intelligence - not the literal "stuff" fans seem to want to send.

Edit to clarify: When I mention the fan's methods, I'm referring to the gifts that have been sent in the past when Clay's been on the show that have been, imho, somewhat OTT. I don't know if any get well gifts were sent to Jimmy, but if so, that's actually pretty cool, cause I love the Climmel.

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Speaking of Jacob....I noticed something yesterday while watching the AC JBT....Clay came out on stage during Jacob's solo in the Motown medley. He usually doesn't come out until after Jacob is done, at the beginning of Reach Out (I'll Be There). He seemed to be laughing and having a great time up there, dancing in the background, but none of the clack gatherers focused on him...they all followed Jacob. Does anyone who was actually there think he just came out early by mistake? Or did he want to watch Jacob? I just thought it was cool...because it was out of the ordinary.

Clay did jump the gun - If you listen to the banter after the Motown Medley (or maybe even a bit later than that? not certain) Clay mentions how he accidentally came in early during Jacob's song - he was a little sheepish & apologizes.

eta sorry to post-ho, trying to catch-up!

Edited by PuddinsJoy

Well Jimmy is certainly sweet to do that. What a hoot he is. I think he is Pandering to his audience, but I like it anyway. Go Jimmy. However, I ain't buying him a present. My presents go to Clay, to do with as he sees fit.

Couchie, your gift of this board, and what it does to promote Clay and his career, is a better gift than any material thing a fan could do. You spend a great deal of time and money on it. You should be very proud and so should Ansamcw and ldyjocelyn and all those who help. Even members who keep it going by posting are giving a gift to Clay.

Clay has a razor sharp memory for faces and so does Jerome. I have complete faith in the accuracy of the list. :cryingwlaughter: And yeah, it is a gift. I know my heart when pity pat when he recognized me over a year later after meeting me once.

So yay on the Kimmel thing. They make a great team.

Well, I ain't no mod here (and don't you even THINK about it, couchie!... <_< :medium-smiley-070: )but from my experience at FCA, there's no such thing as post-hoing, is there? :huh:

If there is, I'm gonna pretend I don't know about that rule... :whistling-1:

I'm blowing this pop stand...heading home...or should I say, "Headin' motel..." :scream: I WILL be going to the homestead, though---check on the doggie, meet up with couchie for Jazzercize (6 pm again?) and then tonight I'm taking a bottle of wine to the motel, damn it. :clap:

Nothin' like some vino to make you forget about the various species of mold growing in your house, huh? :fca:

Later, friends! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And just because I can't HELP but feel better when I see these:

Lips.jpg

Clay did jump the gun - If you listen to the banter after the Motown Medley (or maybe even a bit later than that? not certain) Clay mentions how he accidentally came in early during Jacob's song - he was a little sheepish & apologizes.

Hee, thanks. I haven't got that far yet, but I look forward to it!

I could have gone without knowing but am going to ignoresmiley.gifas suggested

Me too, and btw, what a cute emoticon! Is it new or have I just missed it with my images turned off at work?

How sweet of Jimmy to get that message to TPTB and have it posted on the OFC. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Well, I ain't no mod here (and don't you even THINK about it, couchie!... <_< :medium-smiley-070: )but from my experience at FCA, there's no such thing as post-hoing, is there? :huh:

Posthoing is encouraged!! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :lilredani:

Posthoing is encouraged!! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :lilredani:

Well, in that case, here I go again . . . :cryingwlaughter:

I could have gone without knowing but am going to ignoresmiley.gifas suggested

Me too, and btw, what a cute emoticon! Is it new or have I just missed it with my images turned off at work?

I snagged it from another board and saved to my Photobucket account - couchie can have it if she wants *g* I seem to enjoy collecting the "blah-blah" and "la-la" emoticons - there's a lesson in there somewhere, just not sure what

Just in - looks like Clay's going to do Waukegan again for his holiday tour!

Clay Aiken

Genesee Theatre, Waukegan, IL

Thu, Nov 29, 2007 07:30 PM

Internet Presale Info

GENESEE VIP PRESALE:

Start:Fri, 06/29/07 10:00 AM CDT

End:Sat, 06/30/07 09:00 AM CDT

Internet Onsale Info

Onsale to General Public:

Sat, 06/30/07 10:00 AM CDT

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/07003ED6...mp;minorcatid=1

Clay Aiken

Internet Presale Info

GENESEE VIP PRESALE:

Internet Onsale Info

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

But can someone try to get me a ticket? I'll be in Minnesota on Saturday!!!! PWEEZE!?!?!?!?

Got my FCA tshirt today. My report: it took just over a week to get it. The printing quality is fine! I ordered a large white v-necked shirt, and I like the fit on me personally, but I like my stuff on the order of a tighter fit. If you like your clothes loose, I'd go one size up.

I love Jimmy Kimmel. Not as much as Clay Aiken, though.

Clay Aiken

Internet Presale Info

GENESEE VIP PRESALE:

Internet Onsale Info

HEEE! That is just how my boyfriend is. Right back to the scene of the crime. BWAH!! I love him so.

I love this pic. Such a sexy man.

th_outoftheframe.jpg