Ansamcw

#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

I know nuthin' 'bout nuthin' 'bout these things of which you speak. The only source for downloading I'm familiar with is iTunes...what's all this stuff? winmx, torrents, limewire, a Russian download site?

Guess I've been living under a rock (or moldy laundry room/bathroom/dining room floor <_< )

I did go on iTunes last week to download some of the songs Linda Ronstadt sang in Spanish back in the 80s...cool. (frio)

Or was it "finders keepers"? HA HA!

Why, no......it wasn't. :RedGuy:

I was so proud of myself yesterday when I made my concert folder for Trip #1.....all the Mapquests printed and collated in order, all the tickets sorted and accounted for, hotel confirmations in hand......all that good stuff. Then I go and spend all last night trying to figure out what the heck I'll be doing at Christmas. It's killing me that I can't go to Merrillville this year. That is the greatest place to go to a concert. I've been there for both of Clay's other shows but this time the date isn't going to cut it. No Minneapolis for me, either. Oh well...I am tres pumped for the threefer at the end of November. If I have an exam or something scheduled then I'm going to have to withdraw from school or something. I could be so boring this time round on the Christmas circuit.....finishing a paper....ick. I'm secretly hoping that the transcript evaluation center decides that my degree comes from a Cracker Jack box and I am thereby unworthy of pursuing college level courses. I told myself when I applied that school would not be an incomvenience, lots of people make this all work, right? I wonder if it would help my case if I sent them a link to a certain education professor's photo on the cover of an old alumni news.....the one where she's being lauded for her new book and sociological study into this funky little fan group. Of course I wasn't in the eduaction department and she came long after I left...but still.....I'd say that would be good grounds to reject me. I wonder if she played volleybal once and that's how she got that unusual name. I have been watching my mailbox for that Span Tran report and those Greek tickets like my dog watches me when I put on my shoes.

KAndre, I second your kiss for Mr. K'eh we are officially going to Vegas from November 3rd to the 8th!! I officially volunteered the trip in lieu of bling and he was more than happy to oblige. Neither of us have ever been to Vegas and so far checking into the hotels and such out there has been fun. Please, don't anyone let me forget that those skating tickets go on sale in July!

Speaking of Mr. K'eh, and inlight of my most recent visit to CV......ahem.....thank you very much for the link to the Piano Man, muski. I'm reminded that that man owes you, at the very least, a dinner. :) I am so amazingly pumped for this first trip. I'm going to be meeting a bunch of people I have "known" just on the boards for a long time and getting to see some I have only had the pleasure to meet once or twice and just briefly. atinal, I am so glad that you'll be in Tulsa. I would love to get there in time for the preparty but I'm just not sure. I hovered over the RSVP email address for a while today debating on whether or not to send in some money just in case, but I didn't in the end. The party ends at 6:30 and the earliest I think we'll get there is 4:30 or 5:00 and by the time I got ready it would be almost over. I guess I'll hang out in the lobby at the Crowne Plaza and wave at y'all as you come out. I did that in Waukegan and it worked out. Met lots of nice people by the elevator.

I've attempted several methods in the pursuit of aural satisfaction, even paid for something called Rhapsody from Real Player for a while. Not quite sure why I was doing that or what I was getting out of it so I cut it loose. Mostly I fall back on iTunes because it's simple enough if I don't try to do anything fancy and it's convenient to just get what I want when I want it. I still buy CDs though. But never if it's a new one that I haven't listened to first. It seems to me that most of my CD purchases have been albums that have had multile singles released that I was familiar with and that I liked. Breakaway and Rob Thomas' last one comes to mind.

If "Moonlighting" is out on DVD I have to get that for my daughter. She is a big Bruce Willis fan and I think she would more than appreciate Cybil Shepherd in this. I loved that show but I'm really scared to try and think back to how long ago that was.

Okay, that's enough babble from me. I have this little craft project I'm supposed to be completing by the end of the week, I'd better get started.

:TourExcite:

I want good clean copies of Homefront.

Ooooo! I LOVED Homefront!!

I know nuthin' 'bout nuthin' 'bout these things of which you speak. The only source for downloading I'm familiar with is iTunes...what's all this stuff? winmx, torrents, limewire, a Russian download site?

Guess I've been living under a rock (or moldy laundry room/bathroom/dining room floor <_< )

I did go on iTunes last week to download some of the songs Linda Ronstadt sang in Spanish back in the 80s...cool. (frio)

I think I've been under the same rock. I know nuthin about any of these sites. I thought I was with it because I used iTunes!

Just back from the post office and I guess I should have paid more attention when someone said the postal rates have changed quite a bit since last year. I figured, what's a dime, a quarter. Who knew it would be almost double to mail the pins. Sorry TBAF, no little profit for you. Now here's the weird part, it's cheaper to mail a pin to Canada than it is to anyone in the United States. But they are all in the mail.

Hmmm Karen Eh mentioned Vegas in November. OK all ya'll early trip planners that find out the super sekrit way to get early tickets, keep me in mind because I must go to Vegas.

Ansa introduced me to torrents. It's her fault.

I stopped buying music altogether in the early 90's when we were starting out just because I couldn;t justify spending our money on cd's when we had other expenses. So at that time I stuck with my compilation cassettes. Then my babies discovered a lot of them and pulled them apart...so I ended up getting my music from TV. Then we ended up with DSL 8 years ago...and this was the time before they cut off napster. I discovered Audio Galaxy and I was in heaven cos when you searched for my favorite artist I gave me access not only to their popular songs but to almost the complete catalog...and I went crazeeeee....I replaced all my 50 to 90's music...looked for all kinds of Broadway musicals I loved... and I ended up with close to 3000 files in just a few weeks. My hubby thought I was crazy...then after a month...I think napster lost their case and right away...the songs were harder to find on p2p sites. After that I haven;t been downloading as much...just when I hear a good song or I hear about some really good groups that I never ehard before. What I love about p2p sites...you can get versions of songs that are never released...like the AI songs...or acoustic or live versions of other songs. I also usually find rare tracks that only came out on imports or old recordings of an artist before their biggest hits. I owe my Clay love to Kazaa...after wildcard...I don;t know what made me search for Clay Aiken on Kazaa but thats when I found the demo's and I fell in love with Clay and the rest is history.

No guilt from me...I don't give them out, just for my own use. Maybe if I have regular earnings I would feel moreguilt but right now...don;t really feel compelled to buy. The only artist I want to support that way is Clay.

Hello Everyone

I know that several people here may be aware that CarolinaClay went to the hospital today to have a checkup on her heart. They did a cardiac cath. She was concerned she may need to have a stent put in which opens up an artery to increase bloodflow if there is some blockage.

Good News is that ALL IS WELL and Caro did not need a stent put in and she will be returning home tonight. Not sure if she will be online tonight. I bet she tries but it may be against "the rules" Heee

Here is a candle thread someone started where we could send Caro our prayers and let her know we were thinking of her if anyone would like to light a candle for her:

Caro's Candle link

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kathy

Edited by Aspiegirl

If you're feeling lucky, enter a contest to win 2 seats to Sterling Hts, Freedom Hill. It doesn't sat where the seats are located, but I know getting decent seats was a struggle for this one, so I figure it doesn't hurt to enter and find out.

Click On Detroit

Aspiegirl, thanks for letting us know that Caro came through the procedure fine today!

Ah, Kazaa, I remember it well. Loved it. Used the version called Kazaa Lite (no spyware) constantly. Was pissed when it disappeared. My kids all use LimeWire but I have never installed it on my computer - they seem to manage to get viruses occasionally from it. My daughter uses torrents but I've never learned how to do that either. So I've been buying my music from iTunes. Maybe someone needs to give me a crash course in the new forms of piracy. :cryingwlaughter:

couchie, I am so excited that the pins are in the mail! Please let us know if you need any more money to cover the cost of postage.

Karen Eh, you are ahead of me in the organizational game. I need to make me one of those folders. So far I only have a spreadsheet and a stack of tickets. :lol:

Oh, and I use this converter to convert m4p to mp3 when required. :whistling-1:

Thank you! I plan to investigate this link.....

Woohoo for Caro! I'm so happy she's doing well.

*waves to Aspiegirl*

p2p is short for "peer to peer." If I'm remembering my network class from a LONG time ago correctly, it's basically "your computer is directly hooked to someone else's." For music sharing, it's basically opening up your own music files for someone else to "grab." Am I explaining this right, major techies?

I've only done very little music downloading. My husband knows of that Russian site YSRN, and he speaks Russian so he uses that Russian language side instead of the English language side. For me, personally, I really think I need to PAY someone....maybe it's because I'm an amateur musician and would love to get paid for music. But if I do download, it's usually iTunes, even with the problems in formats. Can't you now pay a few cents more per song and get them in more universal formats? And even though I bought the new Macca album, I may have to download it to get the cool extras from iTunes.

Why isn't it July yet?

ldyjocelyn & luckiest1 *waving back*

ok...i give up. What the hell is a p2p site?

Hi muskifest I have no clue either. :huh: I have been sitting trying to figure it out. :lol:

Edited to add that I should have read the rest of Idyjocelyn post before rushing to wave. :blush:

Edited by Aspiegirl

Hello Everyone

I know that several people here may be aware that CarolinaClay went to the hospital today to have a checkup on her heart. They did a cardiac cath. She was concerned she may need to have a stent put in which opens up an artery to increase bloodflow if there is some blockage.

Good News is that ALL IS WELL and Caro did not need a stent put in and she will be returning home tonight. Not sure if she will be online tonight. I bet she tries but it may be against "the rules" Heee

Here is a candle thread someone started where we could send Caro our prayers and let her know we were thinking of her if anyone would like to light a candle for her:

Caro's Candle link

Kathy

thanks for letting us know about Caro...will check out her candle link...

Glad everything went well...(((carolinaclay)))

Tickets for Clay's show in Merrillville go on sale THIS SATURDAY, noon CDT. Prices are $45.

Source is here.

Sheesh. I thought I was done with ticket stress for a few months. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to luckiest1. She knows why.

oh crap..is this the show on the 22nd? I was thinking of hitting that one...darnit. Saturday? is their an exasperated I'm so freakin' broke emoticon?

Glad everything turned out ok for Caro!!

As for as torrents go, I got greedy when I discovered it. With torrents it isn't about a song..it is about collections. But I soon realized I didn't want every song ever sung by a certain artist so now I only get "best of" albums.

Lucky, I had enough to from ya'll to cover everything with the pins!

:Tour4: :Tour4: :Tour4:

Good explanation ldyjocelyn...better than what I pmd muski...I should've just waited.

Yup the problem with P2P of course is viruses. if you have a good virus program you catch it right away...that is why I haven't really used for years. Then I needed to check out a song recently....and I ended up trying it again...and so far no problem.

oh I remember how I ended up using it again....It was because of David hodges...Kelly's ex. he wrote a response to NA so I checked out his site and ended up loving his music. Unfortunately the guy lost their label just before they were goign to release their debut CD. They ended up releasing the CD themselves. BUT now its sold out...so he says the only way to get it is thorugh the net. So I tried limewire once again...I really loved his music and I hope they get to sign up with a major label soon...

Oh Dammit....Does this mean i have to start a new section for the Christmas show on FCA???

You guys are sooooooo cool. Ask a question, get an answer. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And YEAY for Caro!

Was at my desk by 7:30 this morning so I'm gonna leave at 3:30, damn it, regardless of all the work I still need to do. Might take a quick nap at the motel before Jazzercize. My eyelids are drooping right now. Isn't 3 pm supposed to be the nadir of human biorhythms? Everybody should just have a quickie about that time to recharge.

Or you could have a nap instead. :whistling-1:B) :Tour3:

Oh Dammit....Does this mean i have to start a new section for the Christmas show on FCA???

I think we should finish summer tour first :cryingwlaughter: I promise to get to work starting tonight. heee I probably forgot everything I learned.

Aspiegirl, thanks so much for the Caro update. It's great to know that all really is well! I lit a candle for her anyway - can never have too many good thought out there in the atmosphere!

Okay, I had my teeshirts shipped to my BFF in NC, and they arrived today. I ordered the 'ladies dark' in black. She said they feel like decent quality, and the writing shows up amazingly well! I ordered large, and she said that hers fits loosely (but then she's about 130lbs, damn her! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) so I think I might be elongating EYEtalian words. Hee! She took this pic with her cell phone!

(clickable)

th_06-26-07_1621.jpg

Edited by cindilu2

Aspiegirl, thanks so much for the Caro update. It's great to know that all really is well! I lit a candle for her anyway - can never have too many good thought out there in the atmosphere!

Okay, I had my teeshirts shipped to my BFF in NC, and they arrived today. I ordered the 'ladies dark' in black. She said they feel like decent quality, and the writing shows up amazingly well! I ordered large, and she said that hers fits loosely (but then she's about 130lbs, damn her! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) so I think I might be elongating EYEtalian words. Hee! She took this pic with her cell phone!

(clickable)

th_06-26-07_1621.jpg

NIIIICE....the colors are very bright...

A July wallpaper calendar for anybody who is interested

regular 1024x768

th_july.jpg

large screen 1280x1024

th_julylg.jpg

wide screen 1280x800

th_julywide.jpg

What are torrents?

God I feel ignorant!

My head hurts. I am sore and battered and bruised and look like I was in a fight and lost. All from lugging tons of crap down to the dumpster over and over and over again. I feel like I am totally drained. It was in the high 90's today with humidity out the kazoo. Funny how hardly anyone is stepping forward to help me!

At least this is one way to get exercise!

Four more days of this. Four more. And then I can concentrate on doing Clay! I swear its what gets me through the day.

And maybe after tomorrow I'll have some at least semi-good news.....

And now that I stopped my whining, I just wanted to say yay Caro for doing so well!!

:TourExcite: Ldyj and KarenEh, I'm looking forward to seeing both of you too. Plus I'm excited about meeting some of the other members here. Guess I'd better get back to cleaning.

Claygasm, torrents? sounds like a syndrome or something....

To ease Claygasm's tired body...

th_RinginMouth.jpg

th_JBT2.jpg

th_blackandwhite.jpg

and(Oh man, you gotta click on this one! :Thud: )

th_meganavi.gif

and of course...

Lips.jpg

Edited by muskifest