#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Just a drive by to shout out to boy friend:

"Hey, Clay, over here. I want to remind you of something you may have learned in geography class back in the day. The west coast (specifically Northern California) has some pretty damn nice weather around November/December. In fact, it's awesome weather for sandals and cargo shorts and such.

So GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE THIS WINTER!!!!

Bring that tight tushy, those lanky limbs and that Clay Aiken Magical whatever your callin' it

over to the left and up a bit please & thank you :DoClay:

I still say that hand is a gesture of affectionate erm..stroking and I'm sticking to it! :)

BitTorrent and Torrents

*sending a virtual massage to Claygasm*

CG it's not as difficult as it sounds. If you want to know more ..and I think Cindi too..I'll send you the dummies guide to using torrents. If I can do it anybody can. You need a good computer though cuz it can tax resources. What am I saying...all Clay fans have the latest thing heee.

I remember the computer I had when I became a Clay fan...I slowly deleted everything in it but clack until I deleted so much that even my antivirus program no longer worked LOL.

Back from dinner and this was a dinner that included 2 children under 7 and people who haven't seen each other for a long time so lots of family talk. But I drove her from the restaurant to her hotel so had a bit of a chance to talk. I explained that I just wanted someone who has been in the business for awhile (turns out it's been 15 years) to just talk to us and answer some questions about the business. Trying to come up with some sort of format I was hoping she'd just come on and answer questions or I could send questions through email. She said..nope she does that all day. So I'll be calling her up to chat now and then and she'll answer some questions. And she's put it in her calendar to come to Vegas in August so if that turns out I'll really have her ear for a week. YOu guy have asked great questions and I'll just pull from there. She's kind of surprised that we are intersted in this stuff..she still can't believe I'm a "Claymate." Asked me if I had a number ..hmmmm.

Anyway, I wasn't quite sure if she was in marketing, distribution, what but she did it was the marketing/Sales department and she is over the western region. Sorry it's dragging out but I do feel like now there is a plan and hope by next week the answers begin. Hope all the foreplay will be worth it. One thing I found kind of funny..you would think she'd live and breathe all areas of the music business but I think when you work in it 10-12 hours a day you just don't keep up with what other record companies and artists are doing. I mean I had to fill her in on Kelly Clarkson. I don't think she really knows much about Clay at all. So in a way this is good..she can just talk about what she knows from her experience with her label. My first question to her might be..don't you read freakin' Rolling Stone heee. I wanted to say but it's Clay!!! Clay!! You MUST know all about him. :cryingwlaughter:

Also got a lecture about using torrents.

So Friday is spa day. Remember the last time I took off the day, rented the car, got the hotel, my mom got sick and we were at the spa only long enough to pay the little cancellation penalty and rebook. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this time we actually get to do our treatments.

So GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE THIS WINTER!!!!

Bring that tight tushy, those lanky limbs and that Clay Aiken Magical whatever your callin' it

over to the left and up a bit please & thank you :DoClay:

I second that emotion treenuts..but just in case I'm buying a ticket for Merriville. :Tour4:

OMG...I just watched and listened to this YouTube of Celine Dion and Josh Groban singing "The Prayer" with David Foster at the piano and a full orchestra backing them up. They sing in both English and Italian and

they sound amazing, beautiful, incredible....they can both be powerful and nuanced and wow.

I'd love to hear Clay do this song with this kind of production and duet partner. I love Quiana, but I'd really pay good money to see something like this staged with Clay in Groban's place. sigh.

Celine and Josh sing "The Prayer"

A July wallpaper calendar for anybody who is interested

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That wallpaper looks fantastic on my widescreen laptop.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Muski, I totally agree about 'The Prayer.' It's a GORGEOUS song, and someone like Celine, or even Charlotte Church, would sing it much more in the style it's meant to be sung in. And the orchestra would add a lot, too. I'd love to hear Clay make another try at it under different circumstances.

Edited by Gibby

Good Morning, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

MANY THNX for the outpouring of good vibes, healing prayers, and love through the blogs, message boards, candles, email, PMs, et al. Though overwhelmed, BOD and HEART are kicking around a recap. Meanwhile, know that your many kind expressions are greatly appreciated.

I have much catching up to do, but I wanted you to know the above first thing. I skimmed through the pages late last night but was too worn out from lying around all day to post. :lol:

Beautiful calendar, Cindilu2! :clap:

Tour countdown in single digits! :Tour3:

Have a great day, FCA! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

I mean honestly, why pay $18.99 for a cd at FYE when you can buy it for $14.99, or even $9.99, at a Wal-Mart or Target store? I think the majority of actual physical cds are sold in WAl-Mart and Target type stores, and single songs are sold on the internet through places like i-Tunes. I think i-Tunes sell more singles than entire albums, though. I also think more music is stolen, than bought, on the internet. So something to think about. With the advent of more computers being in more homes, what do you see for the future of music buying?

The internet is certainly making a huge impact. This news came out recently:

Apple's iTunes is third behind market leader Wal-Mart Stores Inc. <WMT.N> with a 15.8 percent share, and Best Buy Co Inc. <BBY.N> with a 13.8 percent share, according to the survey of 40,000 people aged 13 and older.
Apple now third-largest US music retailer

I think digital sales will continue to erode CD sales. Personally, I haven't bought a physical CD since ATDW. I listen to music primarily on my iPod, so CD's now seem bulky and inconvenient. However, I've actually spent more dollars on music now than I have in the past, because I can pick and choose the songs I want. I believe there is still money to be made in music, but labels will have to make some kind of mindshift in terms of how they do business. I almost wonder if they'll start marketing songs instead of artists, because that may be how consumers are starting to see things.

I do think that if they want any digital revenue, they'll have to keep download costs low. Kids already tend to download for free because they can. Adults will pay because it's cheap and convenient to use services like iTunes, but if those prices go up considerably, they'll look for freebies, too.

I agree Jenna. Cd's are a pain the rear anymore. I haven't graduated to an mp3 player yet. LOL I have to carry my cd player and cd case around with me. From car, to house, to deck, etc. My '99 Lincoln has a damn cassette player in it. Can you believe that? HaHaHa We wait for the kids to get us into the 20th century with all the new fangled electronics and stuff. I have an i-pod, or reasonable facsimile, on my Christmas list. I think CDs, in retail stores, will be a thing of the past. Maybe not right now, but in a few years. I think we are seeing signs of it now. Most people are buying individual songs instead of entire cds. Let's face it, most of the stuff on cds are just filler. You're lucky to get 3 out 12 good songs for your 20 bucks. Since the music industry is suffering from lost revenue, they are going to have to think about new ways to get their artists heard, as well as getting people to buy the music. I think pressing cds and distribution is an area they can eliminate, by making music available through internet sales only. All those display stands, cardboard cutouts, and marketing materials they use in the stores isn't cheap either. Having to pay for prime display space etc. This is an area that I think could save them lots of money if they didn't sell cd's in retail stores anymore. Or if they just limited their retail stores to places like Wal-Mart. Money that could go into the artist and the labels pockets.

I pretty much only buy Greatest Hit's cd's (hate buying a cd for one or two songs) or singles from iTunes. Back in the days of Napster and winmx, I completely OD'd on every 60's and 70's song I ever wanted but never bought. I swear I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

This is me. I prefer greatest hits cds for artists I have liked over the years. It has all of their hit singles on it and none of that filler crap.

I pretty much only buy Greatest Hit's cd's (hate buying a cd for one or two songs) or singles from iTunes. Back in the days of Napster and winmx, I completely OD'd on every 60's and 70's song I ever wanted but never bought. I swear I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

yeah that..but I missed Napster so for me it's all about the torrents. And I just care about old stuff from the 50s-80s. That's about when I tuned out. Not even interested in anything current. Every now and then something or somebody sneaks in - India Arie, love her. Beyonce, Alicia Keyes, whatever. They don't interest me in the least little bit.

I stopped having an interest in music in the 90's, when rap and hip hop took over the Top 40 stations. They haven't made good music since the 80's in my opinion. That is one reason why I turned to country music. I found good songs with good lyrics. You have artists like Keith Urban, Shania Twain, Faith Hill crossing over to AC. Country music is not all wangy twangy anymore. There are a lot of artists on there with a rock sound and upbeat music.

I know nuthin' 'bout nuthin' 'bout these things of which you speak. The only source for downloading I'm familiar with is iTunes...what's all this stuff? winmx, torrents, limewire, a Russian download site?

Guess I've been living under a rock (or moldy laundry room/bathroom/dining room floor <_< )

I did go on iTunes last week to download some of the songs Linda Ronstadt sang in Spanish back in the 80s...cool. (frio)

:scream: This is why I buy all my music. Plus I'm skeered of getting caught and sued. *g* I am not proficient in computer language or tech savvy enough to figure out how to work all this crap by myself. I need someone here to show me how to do it, and that isn't always possible. :cryingwlaughter: If someone shows me I can do it. If I have to read greek I'm lost. I don't think I am a stupid person, but I am at a place in my life where I am just too lazy to want to figure things out. Hee No patience what so ever. I also don't want to be inconvenienced. *g*

OMG...I just watched and listened to this YouTube of Celine Dion and Josh Groban singing "The Prayer" with David Foster at the piano and a full orchestra backing them up. They sing in both English and Italian and

they sound amazing, beautiful, incredible....they can both be powerful and nuanced and wow.

I'd love to hear Clay do this song with this kind of production and duet partner. I love Quiana, but I'd really pay good money to see something like this staged with Clay in Groban's place. sigh.

Celine and Josh sing "The Prayer"

I love Celine Dion and Josh Groban. There I said it. I admit it. It was actually my discovery of these two artists that started to renew my interest in music again. Then Clay came along and it was Josh who? :cryingwlaughter: Seriously, I like all three of them, but I simply adore Clay. He suits me to a tee, on so many levels. I prefer listening to Josh recorded and not live. He doesn't sound as well and he doesn't have the stage presence that Clay does. Celine I prefer to listen to and not watch. Her over the top broadway gestures, facial expressions, etc are too much for me. I just want to hear her sing, not see her. She does have an interesting background story and I like her personally. I also don't like to see Clay do that broadway type stuff either, but he is sooooo sexy. I can just go Waldo searching instead. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my topic of discussion.

My day sucked donkey balls yesterday. First off the car wouldn't start, so I had to wait until hubby got home to jump start it. He gave it a bath the other day and I guess he must of shocked it's system. HaHaHa It hasn't seen "clean" in a long time. So I was late starting on the Chocolate zuccini bread. Then, to top it all off, the recipe I was using made 2 loaves, so I ended up making 4 loaves and was baking until after 9PM last night. Yikes............So I am in a T-shirt with no undies and my hubby is sitting at the computer in his boxer shorts and someone knocks on the door. We have a glass panel on each side of the door so people can see in. I had to holler wait a minute until I ran into the other room and put my shorts (I had no bra under my T-shirt either. Hee) and grab hubby's shorts before I could open the door. It was the roof guy here with an estimate at 10 minutes after 8. Who comes that late in the evening with an estimate? I apologized for making him wait, and he says, get this, "That's ok. I wouldn't want to catch you with your pants down!" :cryingwlaughter: Well, my laughter subsided quickly when he gave us the estimate of around 9 thousand dollars to put a new roof on the garage and make it aesthetically appealing to match the house. That means Cedar siding and putting a gable instead of a flat roof. No Christmas concerts for me.

{{{Caro}}} Glad things are okay for you.

Thanks to all for all the links and pretty pictures. Cindi I love your July calendar page. :Thud:

I haven't gone to a store to buy a CD since ATDW and before that MCWL and before that it was MOAM. I download what I want from itunes. I have used LimeWire a time or two. I just rarely like everything an artist does enough to even get the Essentials. I usually go to itunes and take 4 or 5 things off of a Greatest Hits or Essentials CD. Even when I'm uploading my own CD's to itunes I rarely take more than 3 or 4 songs per.

Generally I go to itunes when I remember something and put it in my shopping cart until I have 10-12 things to download at once.

Of course it's always so random. :cryingwlaughter:

For instance last week

Dolly Parton ...I Will Always Love You (Original Version)

Emerson Drive .... Moments

Gin Blossoms ... Long Time Gone

Hues Corporation... Rock the Boat

Ok Go ... This will be our year

Pure Prarie League ... Amie

Simple Plan ... Addicted

The Spinners ... Working My Way Back to You/Forgive Me, Girl

Steven Curtis Chapman ... Dive

Toby Keith ... A Little to Late

Whitney Houston ... I Have Nothing

:shrugs:

No wonder they don't wanna market to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :RedGuy:

---

Works been kickin' my butt, but hopefully things will settle soon.

---------

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Idol auditions are coming to Omaha August 10th. My DD's BF is trying out again this year. He went to Mpls last year where he was told by a producer after being brought back for an individual tryout that they couldn't use him "this year" but they really encouraged him to come back "next year". He was pretty sure, from what they said that they already had their quota of olderish (26) white guys. His prediction for last years Idol Winner (based on who he saw getting through) then was young young young non/white female. Hmmmm. Anywho this will be the 3rd city. If he doesn't get through he's going to as many other cities as he can swing. I hope they don't make us the crazy weird audition city...but I can so see that happening.

:cryingwlaughter:

---

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

TOUR IS ALMOST HERE. TOUR IS ALMOST HERE. I'M SO GIDDY!

:TourExcite: :Tour3: :clap:

Edited by jamar1700

Let's face it, most of the stuff on cds are just filler. You're lucky to get 3 out 12 good songs for your 20 bucks.

I think I am going to have to disagree with this....just my own preference....but if I find an artist I like (and that doesnt' happen often) I tend to gravitate towards their more obscure stuff than their more commercial stuff. Don't know why....maybe I have weird tastes in music. But I do prefer buying full albums, rather than greatest hits, unless it's just a group or a person who I have a passing fancy for, or heard on the radio, or whatever.

I stopped having an interest in music in the 90's, when rap and hip hop took over the Top 40 stations. They haven't made good music since the 80's in my opinion. That is one reason why I turned to country music. I found good songs with good lyrics. You have artists like Keith Urban, Shania Twain, Faith Hill crossing over to AC. Country music is not all wangy twangy anymore. There are a lot of artists on there with a rock sound and upbeat music.

Hee, I can do you one better. I stopped having an interest around 1979/1980. As soon as punk & disco took over, I checked out and started looking backwards. I collected everything I could get my hands on from the 50s and 60s. I became a British invasion nut. I discovered Elvis and the great 50s groups that inspired the British invasion. I was content with that for quite a few years. I think I only bought two current albums in the 80s - one by Paul Young (which, coincidentally or not, contained the hit Everytime You Go Away) and one by Tracy Chapman. After a while I started wishing I could find someone with a great voice, like some of the wonderful vocalists I'd discovered from days gone by. But I never could. Until AI2 and Clay. Hit me like a ton of bricks. Hee.

I like some of the new country stuff. I don't mind listening to a country station once in a while. I actually bought the Dixie Chick's album.

Celine I prefer to listen to and not watch. Her over the top broadway gestures, facial expressions, etc are too much for me. I just want to hear her sing, not see her.

I liked Celine when they first started playing her on the radio, because of her amazing voice. But I can't stand to watch her, either. Josh just has never done anything for me. I recognize that he has a great voice and is very talented but I just don't like his music.

Can't stand either Josh Groban or Celine Dion.

I still like having physical CDs, but I do download most of my music from iTunes, mainly because I'm lazy and its instant gratification. And I hope to one day have an iPod.....

I still think there is a lot of good music out there. There is still some pretty commercial stuff I like and I listen to an NPR station all the time and they play a lot of great stuff - some of which you eventually hear on regular radio. The disco era was probably the time I came closest to giving up on popular music, but even then, there was still good stuff around. You just had to look a little harder for it.

And I would feel guilty downloading music for free if it was someone I liked.

One week from today I get to do Clay! :Tour3:

I hope.

Seriously, all I keep hearing about is the terrible rain they are having in Texas and Oklahoma. I keep hearing how bad it is in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I keep hearing about all the roads that have been washed out, not to mention the people and the animals. It doesn't seem like it will ever stop! It makes me wonder what will happen to Frisco and even Tulsa. The rain doesn't seem to be around Houston, but wow. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area, among other areas, of Texas and parts of Oklahoma are really in trouble. Any one have any clue what they are saying for next week?

ETA: Muski, thanks for the pretties! They always make me feel better (especially that gif! :hubbahubba: )

Edited by Claygasm

Seriously, all I keep hearing about is the terrible rain they are having in Texas and Oklahoma. I keep hearing how bad it is in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I keep hearing about all the roads that have been washed out, not to mention the people and the animals. It doesn't seem like it will ever stop! It makes me wonder what will happen to Frisco and even Tulsa. The rain doesn't seem to be around Houston, but wow. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area, among other areas, of Texas and parts of Oklahoma are really in trouble. Any one have any clue what they are saying for next week?

Eep, I had no idea. I sure hope things can dry up a bit for Frisco!

ETA: According to a poster at the OFC, the Frisco Concert is getting great coverage on the local ABC network. There has been no rain forecast for next week, Sunday is supposed to be clear and the temperature is not supposed to hit the 100 mark until mid July.

Edited by luckiest1

Today after work I go home instead of to the motel. Still no hot water, though.

Music...as a kid and teenager, I was strictly an "AM radio" girl---all the radio fluff of the sixties, not so much into the Summer of Love stuff. I am a Seventies freak, for sure. Those are the songs that I identify with--classic rock, James Taylor melodies (love his voice), Van Morrison, Carol King, Eric Clapton, Linda Ronstadt, Hall & Oates, . I gravitate toward good vocals and melodies (like someone else I know...heh)...I do like me some Traffic, Moody Blues, Beatles and SOME Rolling Stones, etc. But I still gravitate toward solo vocalists--Bonnie Raitt, Sarah McLaughlin, Dianne Reeves, etc.---I listen to music to appreciate talent and sound and emotion. So much of radio is crap to my ears.

Clay fills me.

In so many ways. :whistling-1:

P.S. Is there a list of known Christmas concerts somewhere? I need to start strategically planning my site visits for next year's conferences to cities where Clay's going to be singing.... :clap::cryingwlaughter:

Edited by muskifest

CG, I was wondering about the rain situation in Texas too. At this point, we just have to hope a LOT.

I can agree with those that like to listen to Celine but not watch. I think she's got a faboo voice, and also think she's just a fun person too. Groban's voice doesn't move me, but I've seen him do some shows where he shows his goofball side. *shrug*

Ya'll are making me feel so...so...I don't know. As I said, I LIKE my CD's. I have bought stuff from iTunes, but I think for me, I'm at the point where I just buy CD's from artists that I know I will like (and a great many of those are ordered from Amazon). My latest is Brad Paisley -- love him, love his guitar playing, and he looks mighty fine in a pair of blue jeans. I know I'm going to have to switch over to this idea of getting mp3's (and knowing, for example, that the iTunes version of Macca's album gave more than just the album, or Clay's extra track for ATDW) is probably what will switch me over. Someday I'm gonna have to break down for that mp3 player -- and I'll venture a guess that I'll still burn CD's. *g*

muski, I'm an AM radio girl too -- except that I was the 70's. And I'll shamelessly admit that I really liked a LOT of the disco out there. Punk? Never heard that on radio, so I didn't know it existed. But then, I was a cheesy music lover, and also a teeny bopper queen as well. I'm sure I've mentioned this several times before. The whole last half of the seventies was one big tartan thing for me, with the Bay City Rollers. Shaun Cassidy was another. I think for me I was more into "cute" than "music." *g*

*waves to fellow BCR person luckiest1*

I can't believe it's just over 9 days for me! I'm staying away from the Frisco cellcert, to stay unspoiled. I'm still imagining RHW as the first song...

EEEEEEEEEEE!

Glad to see you're doing well, Caro!

While I like a lot of music from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, the 80's and 90's were my prime music years. However, I do think there's still good music out there. Here are the first twelve listings in my iTunes library, in alphabetical order.

'Cuz I Can - Pink

1985 - Bowling for Soup

500 Miles - Proclaimers

59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) - Simon & Garfunkel

7 - Prince

9 To 5 - Dolly Parton

99 Luftballons - Nena

A Broken Wing - Martina McBride

A Little More Love - Olivia Newton-John

A Little Respect - Erasure

A Thousand Days - Clay Aiken

A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton

I freely admit, I don't have the most sophisticated tastes in music. I like what I like. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something tough and modern, sometimes for something nostalgic and mellow. I don't listen to Top 40 radio much these days, but when I hear a song that strikes me (on a television show, for example), I don't hesitate to check it out on iTunes.

Here are the first twelve listings in my iTunes library, in alphabetical order.

Hee, this sounds like a fun game! ;) (aka I'm bored at work)

(Gotta Get a) Meal Ticket - Elton John

(Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon

60s Medley - Filomena (Clio JBT)

7 Deadly Sins - Travelling Wilburys

70s Banter & 70s Medley - Filomena (Clio JBT)

80s Medley - Filomena (Clio JBT)

A Day In The Life - Beatles

A Horse With No Name - America

A Night To Remember - AI2 Finalists

A Thousand Days - Clay Aiken (5 different versions!)

About You - Paul McCartney

Acoustic Set - Clay Aiken (Best of Independent Tour)

*edited to get rid of white space - for some reason, ever since I switched to the Rich Text editor, it inserts an extra line in between everything I type!*

*waves to fellow BCR person luckiest1*

*waves back* Hee, I just swapped the BCR's Greatest Hits out of my iPod to make room for America the other day. I needs to get me one of those new-fangled 80 gb iPods that show video, too. :)

Edited by luckiest1

Clayzor...hee funny story. I have that problem in the morning when my MIL comes and visit. She is so at home at our place she would just come in and specially in the summer I am usually not dressed to accept visitors. Very very uncomfortable.

treenuts I do hope you guys get Clay in NoCal for Christmas...my cousin is a casual fan and I think she would go to a local cocnert but not one that requires hours of drive.

Muski...I do want to hear Clay develop The Prayer, but I think he would really have to reconceptualize it. The way it is arranged now, it really works best for people with Classical training so I do think he will suffer in a direct comparison with Josh and Andrea. When he sang it with Quiana, I loved it because I can see so much potential in his voice. There were some moments in that performacne when his voice just thrilled me. The main problem with that duet...they used a key that was too low so Clay couldn;t use his lower register. This is one time I think his generosity to his duet partner worked against him because he wasn;t able to use his gorgeous lower register on the verses. I think if he sang the first verse and used his lower register...that would be a killer. I have a version of the song that is a Solo by Andrea Bocelli...he sings his own counter point but the first verse was just soo gorgeous. I do hope that he will be able to record this someday with DF as the producer. I think he will be able to rearrange it so that Clay's strong points will be highlighted.

Luckiest I am like you...I usually like the more obscure songs of an artist. When I hear an artist I'm interested in I usually try to listen to the full album...if I end up loving even the fillers...then I search for all their songs. Sometimes I end up finding the artist sounds tedious after a few songs so I just get their hits. This is what happened with me with Josh groban...When I first heard him on ally McBeal I was amazed...I loved his voice. But after listening to a full CD...I thought...no thanks. He is a good singer but found him boring in the end.

started this post 3 hours earlier...but my cait is keeping me busy...so now I have to check the most recent posts...

1 more week.... :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: STARTS!!!!

OK, here's my first 12 on my iPod:

And here are my top 10:

I think my list matches Claygasm's!

Wow! They do match mine to a T! What are the odds! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: As to the weather in Frisco next week..... Don't know how reliable this is but it is sure different than what the person at teh OFC posted!

Weather.com 10-day Forecast

Edited by Claygasm

As to the weather in Frisco next week..... Don't know how reliable this is but it is sure different than what the person at teh OFC posted!

Weather.com 10-day Forecast

Yikes. *crosses fingers for good weather*

ldyjocelyn, I am so stupid that I actually highlighted that to see what was in spoiler tags.

Here are my top ten, all curiously by Clay Aiken. *g*

All Clay Parts On Scrubs (hee!)

When A Man Loves A Woman

Mary Did You Know

Right Here Waiting

Lonely No More

Chain Of Fools

Every Time You Go Away

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

When I See You Smile

O, Holy Night

When I hear an artist I'm interested in I usually try to listen to the full album...if I end up loving even the fillers...then I search for all their songs.

That is exactly what I did when I discovered Blue Rodeo....I had Kazaa Lite at the time, and I downloaded their entire catalogue, based off of a discography I found online.

muskifest, here is the list of all the Christmas concerts that we have some type of confirmation on (venue web site, newspaper article, whatever). None of them are, obviously, official yet.

11-26-07 Wichita, KS. -- Central Christian Church

11-28-07 Sound Bend, IN -- Morris Auditorium

11-29-07 Waukegan, Il.-- Genesee Theatre

11-30-07 Kalamazoo, MI. -- James W. Miller Auditorium

12-4-07 Willkes-Barre, PA. -- The F. M. Kirby Center

12-07-07 Albany, NY. -- The Palace Theater

12-19-07 Minneapolis, MN. -- Orchestra Hall

12-20-07 Minneapolis, MN. -- Orchestra Hall

12-22-07 Merrillville, IN -- Star Plaza Theatre

Edited by luckiest1

First let me say - POST WHORES!!!

Second - I can't see anthing in those playlists - just blank lines

THird - I don't like toget the greatest hits because I find little gems noone heard of buried inalbums. Iguess I likethe obscure.must be why I like Clay. I do have toadmit, I am giggling over kelly posts at different boards because the fans all like different songsand hate what other like (exceptinghte cheerleaders who find everything brilliant.

Fourth K'Andre - I will update the Houston thread tomorrow I headed to the beach with the laptop and my tickets, etc are in the desktop. I think I am arriving IAH around 5 or 6 PM, soit would be better for me to get a shuttle to an airport hotel and be picked up there the next day. I don't think multi shuttle people from various airports is much fun. I have to change my hotel reservations tonight because the prices need to be renegotiated, I think they are going to be sick of me, then I have to change my flight and pay the penalty because I ws staying an extra day and the hotel will cost more than the change fee. AndI will get to see my puppy sooner.

Something I have recently learned was that Harold top chef seson 1 opened a restaurant in NYC - while there is no time to go onthe day of the Newark concert, I thought some one might be interested in eating there anothere day. I also live only 20 minutes away from the newark airport, so if anyone needs to be picked up and depositied to a hotel, i can do that without a problem. I drive my neighbors there all the time.(I am retired)

Congratulations Carolina Clay - gret news. You must feel much releived.

OK, hutting computer off and going swimming - wheater is great, be back tonight.