#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

Right now, I have an old, 4 gb, iPod Mini that's still gamely chugging along. When it kicks the bucket, I want a 80 gb video iPod for sure! artquest, thanks for that tip....that looks like a good idea. clayzedover, when I first got my iPod (3 Christmases ago) I had no freakin' clue how to use it. But it was pretty easy to catch on to.

I also have a 5 year old laptop that is starting to die a natural death (and it can't be upgraded any more than it already is). Just can't keep up with the new mpegs, and videos that come with iTunes purchases, either. My set up looks like a huge octopus - every thing is external (3 hard drives, dvd burner, usb port, scanner, printer), all plugged into this poor dying lappy. LOL.

6 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Tour3:

Edited by luckiest1

I have the 30 GB model, which is ample for my needs, but I've found that the battery life is short (about 2 hours) when playing videos.

This is what I have too. And I rarely watch anything on it. I'm glad I have that function tho'. I believe you can also store photos on there and I keep meaning to try that. Someday. When I have time. I usually don't put together playlists either. Just hit shuffle. Matter of fact the ipod shuffle probably would have been sufficient for my mp3 needs.

But I still love the thing and wouldn't give it up now! :RedGuy:

bottlecap, those bananas are going bananas! They're dancing so fast I'm getting tuckered out just watching them! :scream:

Ah...home, sweet home.

Sorta...gonna take Alex to the bus stop for her class but then coming back here to wait for our homeowner's association office to open? Why, you ask? Well, see...the pool's shower is in the same building as the office and I need to use that facility before subjecting anyone to my rather unwashed body!

:medium-smiley-070:

From CAP121 at CV, some comparisons for ticket sales for Sterling Heights. Clay is right up there with the big sellers!

Our local Fox News station is giving away tickets to Freedom Hill every Wednesday night and Clay is included in the FH ad, Night on the Hill. I decided to to a ticket check of the artists coming to FH this summer to see how Clay's sales are comparing, I pulled 2 tickets, Best Available for each of them
Summer Soul Classic 7-6 Sec 100 - Row OO

The Beach Boys 7-8 Sec 100 - Row GG

Bob Dylan 7-11 Sec 100 - Row E

Young Jeezy 7-14 Sec 200 - Row SS

The Scintas 7-19 Sec 100 - Row NN

Travis Tritt 7-21 Sec 100 - Row TT

Clay Aiken 7-23 Sec 600 - Row N

ZZ Top, The Pretenders, Stray Cats (HUGE Radio Show) July 25 Sec 500 - Row V

O.A.R. July 28 Sec 600 - Row J

George Lopez July 29 Sec 200 - Row E

Sheryl Crow August 1 Sec 600 - Row J

Snow Patrol August 6 Sec 300 - Row B

GooGoo Dolls August 26 Sec 600 - Row P

Donny Osmond September 6 Sec 100 - Row TT

I would say that Clay is selling very, very well at Freedom Hill.

Edited by luckiest1

Muski, stop thinking about Clay in the tub and get to work!

Yay for Clay at that show. I want every show of his to be a sellout but you know... the people running that show might go...god thank goodness for Clay AIken Whose idea was it to bring in that Bob Dylan guy :cryingwlaughter:

Whoo hooo...I got so much of my Clay stuff back in my ipod last night. Thanks guy for kickstarting me. I got from pre idol to halfway through JBT...whoot

Songs mentioned, that I also like:

Dolly Parton ...I Will Always Love You

Emerson Drive .... Moments (I put this on the last cd I made)

Whitney Houston ... I Have Nothing

Hues Corporation... Rock the Boat

The Spinners ... Working My Way Back to You/Forgive Me, Girl

59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) - Simon & Garfunkel

9 To 5 - Dolly Parton

(Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon

Dog and Butterfly---Heart

A Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

That's The Way It Is - Celine Dion

Beautiful Boy - John Lennon (loved MsMia's montage done to this song)

(I Know) I'm Losing You - The Temptations

(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding

The Cover of the Rolling Stone - Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show

Walk Like an Egyptian - The Bangles

Piano Man - Billy Joel

I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Cline

Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner

Play Me - Neil Diamond

Archies - Sugar, Sugar

Black Velvet (Alannah Myles)

I'm So Lonesome (B.J. Thomas)

Ain't No Other Man (Christina Aguilera)

Only the Good Die Young (Billy Joel)

Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills, and Nash

When I Was Young - Eric Burdon

Pretty Woman....Roy Orbison

When You Say Nothing At All.....Allison Kraus (I just had this song put on my last cd too)

Mamma Mia....ABBA

Brown Eyed Girl.....Van Morrison

Waiting For the World To Change...John Mayer (I also have this song)

Livin' On A Prayer....Bon Jovi ( I just had his song "Do You Wanna Make A Memory" added to last cd too)

I Will Not Be Broken---Bonnie Raitt

Artists mentioned that I also like:

Dolly Parton

Simon and Garfunkel

The Beatles

Elton John

Neil Diamond

Heart

Phil Collins (His earlier stuff)

Marvin Gaye

Barbara Streisand

ABBA

Faith Hill

Hall & Oates

The Eagles

Tina Turner

The Dixie Chicks

Jefferson Airplane

George Michael

B.J. Thomas

Bon Jovi

Roy Orbison

John Mayer

U2-Bono

Bonnie Raitt

This is inspiring me to want to go buy a couple of greatest hit cds. Especially one for Neil Diamond. Some of the songs listed by some artists I like, I haven't heard before, or else I don't remember them. It will fun to go spend some time on YouTube looking for songs suggested in here.

Thanks treenuts and couchie for bringing that article and the link.

kandre, I am glad your toe or foot is okay. Instead of sneering at the vicodin you can just give it to me. LOL My garage sale has caused my Tendonitis to rear it's ugly head and I mean big time. I am paying the price for hauling that crap in and out of the garage for two days. :cryingwlaughter:

:TourExcite:

So....is there anyone else who is counting the minutes until 10:00 a.m. PST, when the M&G cutoff is? I think for me I'm paranoid because I'm going to be on vacation for the next few days, with very little turnaround time before leaving again for my concerts. Yes, I'll have the laptop, but still....

I wanna be able to lick meet Clay. *waves at bottlecap*

:Tour3: :TourExcite: :Tour3: :TourExcite:

I feel so alone. I don't own an iPod. I don't have any favorite playlists. Seems like am always a step behind the times.

Has anybody bought one with the slightly larger iPods with the larger video screen? Was thinking with all my travel this summer, it might be time to get something for inflight entertainment. Juggling the laptop on flights is just too hard. Always seem to get the reclining passenger in front of me.

Are there any suggestions on what might be good? Or, what to avoid?

And, do any of these things have a "keep it simple stupid" method of operation? People on one board I read were praising the Creative Zen. Am totally clueless.

Would appreciate any advice here.

I have the 80GB video version. I really resisted buying an iPod--had another brand of mp3 player, but the battery was going and they'd stopped making them. I'm surprised at how much I use my iPod. I have a cable that connects to my TV and often use it to watch clack. I use it in the car instead of CDs or the radio. I take it on walks. I take it with me almost everywhere I go. One thing to keep in mind--the little boogers need a lot of "presents" to enable them to do various things--like the cable for the TV and the transmitter for the car, a case to keep it shiny and a charger to recharge the battery. I bought mine from PCConnection.com--and they had a lot of the accessories available with rebates at the time, most of them free after rebate. I just did some checking and don't see the same deals now, but it could've been a Christmas special of some sort. They do have the 80GB for 331.99 and free shipping, which is a good deal, but mine had a rebate and ended up costing only $300. Sales on iPods are rare. I highly recommend getting AppleCare as well--more costs--but if your battery goes (and it will sooner or later) during the warranty period, they will replace it free. I hatessss iTunes though.

Well, I got an MP3 player from Amazon when it was on sale for like 30 dollars andI use rechargable regular batteries with it. I like to think of it as the stripped down unemployed class of MP3 players. I stopped using it though because I used it when I wlked thedog or in the dog park, and I found I would rather speak to people when I am out. I do still use it when I walk on the beach.

It may not be fancy, but it is good enough, no playlists, all music is mashed together, you can skip songs, but not arrange them, very easy to connect to the USB player.

Now I have another cellphone/MP3 playe, I just have to load music to it. I am always going to do that, but here I am still not having done it 6 months later.

I stopped using it though because I used it when I wlked thedog or in the dog park, and I found I would rather speak to people when I am out.

Hee, I was just thinking last night as I was walking the dog - it's a good thing people around here aren't very friendly, else I'd have to take the iPod off to talk to them. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't think I could live without my iPod at this point. It is always with me. Always. Of course, it helps that I'm allowed to wear it at work.

Ah.......I'm clean! :clap: Now..off to drop the minivan at the smog test center, get the bus to work and convince the freaking audio visual company at the hotel that their pricing proposal for our conference is obscene and an insult to my intelligence.

OMG...a week from now some of us will be still basking in the post-Clay orgasmic afterglow...(and I'll be another year older... :cry4:

Of course, many wonderful friends and lots of :voll::juul: :bier: :trink4: :trink3: :drink: will help ease the pain... :Tour3:

Hee. <Insert pic of LOLCat captioned "U has a flavor" here.

Good luck (I hope at least one person at FCA gets a M&G!) and have a good trip!

Hee- that is exactly the expression I've seen on some of the front-row-faces. :cryingwlaughter:

When I won my M&G for Clio JBT, I was soooo excited and eagerly emailed my travel buddies with the news. Imagine my surprise when I got a return email from one of them saying SHE had won a Clio M&G. How cool is that? Two of us in the same car.

When I won my M&G for Clio JBT, I was soooo excited and eagerly emailed my travel buddies with the news. Imagine my surprise when I got a return email from one of them saying SHE had won a Clio M&G. How cool is that? Two of us in the same car.

Yep, it was very cool. While I wasn't one of the lucky winners, I was there, watched them enter the m&g area, waited for them to come out. Hee, fun via proxy. I hope our group gets as lucky again this time!

Took my iPod for a walk at lunch. The very last song that came on my random playlist before I got back to work was WTSHNN, complete with the cool recorded intro. Man, I remember how exciting it was, every time the lights went down and that recording came on, and the stairs lit up....and then the spaceship finally opened. I wonder, since this is really the first pop tour he's done where it's been about Clay's music, if he could have something similar again? Not the spaceship (hee) but maybe the recording? Ah, such sweet anticipation this week is...... :TourExcite:

So....is there anyone else who is counting the minutes until 10:00 a.m. PST, when the M&G cutoff is? I think for me I'm paranoid because I'm going to be on vacation for the next few days, with very little turnaround time before leaving again for my concerts. Yes, I'll have the laptop, but still....

*raises hand* Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :DoClay: I mean I wanna meet Clay. ;)

Hehe, I wanna meat meet Clay too!

But I'm a skeered he would meat meet my eyes and I'll pass out cold in his lap.

Hmmmmm.....(begins concocting evil plan #1)

My husband does not think ipods are all that...but he bought the two girls ipods and helped me to get mine. Hee

I am not really interested in the video feature. Probably when I go travelling it will be handy but being home most of the time I don;t really need it. For me its jsut great to ahve your music or audio book handy whatever I am doing in the house.

Earlier the original Broken wings came on...and I thought something was off about it..I guess I now like Clays version so much better...

I hope he sings it on the concert...

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

He blogged! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

He's finally picked a producer...Grammy winner with eclectic taste...lol...this should be interesting. The album is still a long ways off.

He is equally excited about the tour and his new iPhone...I don't know which one the most...bwahh...he is such a techno geek.

He was listening to arrangements with Jesse last week. He's sounds really excited about the mystery project.

Edited by laughn

I know I say it after every one, but BEST BLOG EVER! He's just too darn cute and snarky.

Can't wait, and I ain't talking about a $500 phone, either...

:DoClay: :TourExcite: :Tour3:

You mean a $600+tax phone!!!

And the "mystery project" he says will be a classic. I don't even want to speculate about it. I just want it to happen.

I want a meet and greet so badly.........However I will be just as happy if one of you all wins one.

I absolutely love that kid. I believe he addressed that infamous sighting by Flea's bartender friend. Seems he was in NYC last week with a friend "Jesse" after all......... :lmaosmiley-1: OMG I grinned from ear to ear when I read that.

Sounds like he has a great surprise in store for us and it won't be long until we get to see and hear what it is.

An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon. :Thud: