Nov 6 Taping of Xmas Skating Extravaganza

Couch Tomato

Grrrr that was frustrating! Couldn't get anything closer than 105 or 115 on the website to save my life. Threw back tons of double letter tickets and even some AAs. Called once and the guy insisted he couldn't go into the seating chart and select individual sections. Just called back now and got a very nice lady named Carol who went into the seating chart and told me this is what is left:

Section 118: row F

Section 102: row F

Section 103: row C

Section 117: worse than row C (didn't say what)

So I took two in 102 row F seats 3&4, which are towards the next section. Didn't want to be right up against the stage.

Oh and for international orders they won't mail them, you have to pick them up at will call.

Edited by luckiest1

I was going to take those seats next to you, but my sister had bought tickets earlier on 106 cc and did not watnt o take a chance she could not sell them. She told me to buy my own seat.

I think the middle would be good for skating fans. Somehow I do not want to be half a stadium away from the stage, but what are you going to do.

Arg! Ticket stress. And I'm at my parent's house this week, 'cuz Mom just had a total knee replacement, and I'm taking care of her and my disabled father. So, had to get tickets in the midst of everything else.

Anyway, I got two sets of tickets. Stupid, I know. I first got section 104, Row A, seats 12 & 13, which is actually quite decent for watching the skating. Not terribly close to the stage, but not that far away, either.

But since I haven't been able to go to a Clay concert in awhile, I wanted to be closer to the stage So I called and got section 118, row F, the seats close to 119. I'll have a great view of boyfriends' profile!

So, if anyone is interested in the two tickets in 104, they're available! And they're only $45.00 each.

Edited by Gibby

Yay Gibby... I guess god looks after fools cuz I was in such a tizzy this morning yet ended up with Row BB in section 118. I'm not even 100% sure I'm going.

Lucky...I'd love to go to Elton but $125 heee is not quite in the budget now, especially with the Clay concerts coming up. I'll keep this in mind and hope to get a ticket later.

Gibby, I was soooo tempted by those seats coming up in 104....I had a pair of FF's in my shopping cart for a few minutes, contemplating. But ultimately I went for closer to the stage and 7 rows farther back. I am kind of glad that I am not going to be near a computer on Friday so I don't end up buying another set of tickets that I don't really need.

couchie, no worries on Elton. Let me know if you do end up with tickets eventually and we can meet somewhere beforehand!

There's a multi-board preparty being held at the Orleans. There are threads about it at the Clayboard, OFC, and Clayversity. It will cost $28.00, and it's being organized by the Las Vegas Team for Inclusion as a BAF fundraiser. They will have Clay playing on big screens, a raffle, a yummy dinner and an auction.

I'll be happy to bring information over about the preparty. They are taking reservations now. They haven't posted yet when they want the money. Who all wants to go? Maybe we could sit together!

Hey, all you LV Skating Event attendees! The people who are putting the Las Vegas preparty together are trying to figure out how may people will be attending so they can start planning. They are asking for people to post on one of the planning threads if they are going, and to send a paypal payment. The preparty will cost $29.00, and they are hoping to have payment by Sept. 15th so they can plan, pay caterers, etc.

The people to contact are eleid and LVClayCDParty; they have threads going at CV and at the CB. There may be threads elsewhere that I don't know about. Anyway, if you're not a member either of those places, I would be happy to PM one of these people at CV to let them know you will be attending, and I can also PM you info about the paypal payment.

I'd love to meet as many people here as possible, so it would be cool to sit together!

Hey, all you LV Skating Event attendees! The people who are putting the Las Vegas preparty together are trying to figure out how may people will be attending so they can start planning. They are asking for people to post on one of the planning threads if they are going, and to send a paypal payment. The preparty will cost $29.00, and they are hoping to have payment by Sept. 15th so they can plan, pay caterers, etc.

The people to contact are eleid and LVClayCDParty; they have threads going at CV and at the CB. There may be threads elsewhere that I don't know about. Anyway, if you're not a member either of those places, I would be happy to PM one of these people at CV to let them know you will be attending, and I can also PM you info about the paypal payment.

I'd love to meet as many people here as possible, so it would be cool to sit together!

Oh boy now I'm confused. I had thought that they already had 300 people. I did reserve for two people, but I thought this was already a done deal. Go figure. I guess I will run over and get in touch with someone anyway just in case.

It would be great to be able to sit together (bringing SIL who is not a claymate, so this could be interesting)

I'm bringing over LVClayCDParty's posts from CV:

The Las Vegas Team for Inclusion is happy to announce the Holiday on Ice Pre-show Party!!

We will be partying at the Orleans Arena Banquet rooms on November 6th, with check in beginning at 3 pm and the food service at 4 pm. The cost will be $28. We will be having the "All American Buffet," which will include the following:

Mescal Mixed Green Salad

Potato Salad

Herbed Baked Chicken

Chef's Selection of Pasta

Arena Red Potatoes

Fresh Seasonal Vegetables

Basket of fresh rolls and butter

Dessert:

Carrot cake and Chocolate cake

Included with the dinner buffet is coffee, tea or water service.

We will be having Clay videos on large screens while we eat & a BAF auction and raffle afterwards as well. We will have an autographed copy of Our Friend Mikayla, signed by Clay, as well as many other great items, with the proceeds to benefit the BAF!!

Sign-ups for the party will go as follows, and PLEASE only sign up on through one board contact person, it will all be on the same list:

Clayboard contact: (please PM through CB)

LVClayCDparty

Clayversity contact: (please PM through CV)

eleid

OFC contact: (please PM through OFC)

LVClayCDparty

Several people have offered items to donate for the raffle or auction. We would LOVE to have these donated items for the party!!

For anyone who would like to donate items for the raffle or auction, please contact:

ymarie (please PM through the CB, CV or OFC)

Here is her post from yesterday, minus the paypal instructions (I PM'd her to make sure it's okay to post paypal info over here):

I have been updating the preparty list this weekend. It looks like so far we have 155 paid and 70 reservations remaining unpaid (all boards included). We also can add more people to the party, but would like to know as soon as possible. We would like to get payment by September 15th, if possible. Please let me know if you need a little more time to get payment to me. Thanks! We will have a great time in November!!

LVCDClayParty said it's fine to put her email and paypal instructions here:

LVClayCDparty@aol.com

Paypal - GeorgeannR@aol.com

The cost is $28.00 if sending a check. If sending a paypal the cost is $29.00 to cover paypal fees.

I sure wish I could attend this skating event, but alas. You all will have to have fun for me. Is it determined if this will be televised yet?

Yes..definitely televised... at or around Xmas day.

I wasn't really going to attend the party but am rethinking as it will be a chance to meet some FCAers.