Nov 6 Taping of Xmas Skating Extravaganza

Couch Tomato

Lucky, I'll see if anyone has an interest in getting together for breakfast. Where are you planning to go sight seeing?

Couchie, it would be fun touch base after the skating show! I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about.

Before or after, I'm in!

My daughter has a "thing" about being in as many states as possible. So she would like to drive over the California line....and I think we will probably see the Hoover Dam. Not sure what else, I have kind of left the planning up to her! But in the evenings we are going to see Elton John and the Beatles Love.

Sounds like fun, Lucky! We are going to the Cirque de Soleil Mystere show, and otherwise have plans to get together with Clay fans at almost every meal. But we still have a lot of time free to sightsee, and haven't narrowed down our list yet. So many things to choose from!

I am driving from SoCal, so cannot do the breakfast (pouts), but can do the 15 minutes before pre-party and after taping thingys!

I can make a sign and bring it. Maybe a purdy picture of Clay with Finding Clay Aiken on it. That could help us find each other.

Also, can we sit together in the pre-party? I just wondered if they were planning on having assigned tables or not.

I have to write down my seat number. All I know is I'm in the 3rd row in the section next to the closest section to Clay. LOL

Hope to meet everyone, even those not going to the pre-party.

Can't wait!!!

I won't be in until 2ish on the 6th so look forward to meeting up before the pre-party. For those that want to decompress afterward for a bit, the Orleans has a few restaurants and a pub that will be open. Most seem to close up at 10pm. Here'sa link

I like the Brenndan's or if people think they will be hungry there's a cafe, TGIF or a Japanese restaurant.

Love the idea of a sign.

Liney, the sign sounds like a great idea! I've PM'd one of the preparty coordinators to ask about seating. I'm assuming we can sit with whomever we wish, but I'll find out for sure. And I'm in for a little FCA get-together after the show.

Directions to the preparty were posted elsewhere, and I'm bringing them over. Sorry that the map isn't bigger - this is how it was posted at the Clayboard:

Here's a map of the Orleans Hotel & the Arena. If you are driving, follow the red lines til you get to the red dot with the green dot on top. That's the parking lot by the southwest door of the Arena. That's the closest place to park & enter. If you are walking across from the Hotel, just follow the signs to the Arena, stay on the ground level, go out the north door & across the little thoroughfare to the southwest door of the Arena. Once inside,t here will be signs to direct you to the banquet rooms where the preparty will be! The building to the south that says Orleans Arena is really the Orleans Hotel. The one next to the red & green dot is the actual Arena.

orleansarenamap.jpg

What is London Bridge?

I think that my daughter has it planned that we will pick up the car as soon as we land at the airport on Saturday morning, and then drive in a big triangle because she wants to cross into Utah and Arizona and also see the Hoover Dam. But you are welcome to join us if you don't mind all the extra driving. :)

We don't get in until noon. London bridges falling down, falling down..... Years ago, when there was too much traffic for London Bridge to be modernized, they took it down brick by brick and Lake Haversau bought it and erected it over some dammed water on the western border of Arizona. here

What is in Utah?

Hee, nothing is in Utah. She just wants to cross the state lines.

Well we plan to keep the car two days - one day she wants to drive into California, the other do the Arizona/Utah thing. So perhaps I can convince her to do Cali on Saturday and save the rest for Sunday....

I just heard back from LVClayCDParty regarding the preparty, and here's a summary of what she said - there are no assigned seats, so we can sit wherever we like. There are eight to a table, so we'll have to divide up into a couple of groups. We can sit wherever there's an empty table. We'll sign in before we go in, and will get a nametag and an armband (in case we want to leave the party and come back).

So, meeting at least 15 minutes ahead of time would be good, to make sure that we all get signed in. It could take awhile to sign in 300 people! It might be better to meet 30 minutes ahead of time to make sure we find each other and get signed in. What do ya'll think?