Nov 6 Taping of Xmas Skating Extravaganza

Couch Tomato

Well, we'll be flying home the morning after. So I will probably be able to report in either via wireless access at the hotel (if we have a computer, not sure yet) or via text message. Although I'm sure half the Clay Nation will also be reporting in, you won't be short of information!

heeee... oh I just love to gamble. Try to keep me up any other way and I can't do it. But I figure if I have a 6 am flight, I'll have to be at the airport by 5 am so I'd probably see only 2 hours of the room. I'll just have to remember not to keep drinking at like 3 am 4 am heee so I won't get to work smashed. As for reports..I'll call somebody or find an internet cafe..hmmmm let me look that up. I need a laptop. I think I know what I'm going to do with my refund money come January.

This is getting exciting.... only days away.

OK, should we all meet in the extreme right hand corner of the room? We need a rendevous point and I've never been there and don't know the layout, so picking a corner might work.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Liney, I think it's a good idea to pick a place to meet! Actually, I was wondering if we should try to meet outside of the room about 15 minutes ahead of time. A couple of us could post a description of what we are wearing, and people could look for them. What does everybody think would be the best way to meet?

Wear a DCAT pin. :)

OK I just read elsewhere that Sat. Nov 3rd at midnight (so really Nov 4th I guess) is the time that we will be turning our clocks back an hour for daylight savings time. BWAH, never mind that 3 hours time change that we will go through when we fly to Vegas that day, now we have to factor that in? :cryingwlaughter:

:20:

Good Morning!

I'll be in Vegas, too, so I hope to meet/see some of you there.

I'm not going to the big preparty. Though he's not going to the show with me, I'm traveling with DH. But we'll be going off in opposite directions.

He'll PLAY while I CLAY!

I don't have a DCAT pin. I am sitting in the 'group' section.

:xmaskick:

Here's some info about the party, posted a couple days ago by LVClayCDparty:

We have more details about the party, as promised!!!! We are planning on having approximately 30 items for the raffle, most being baskets of various Clay-related goodies donated by various fans. So bring your wallets, break open your piggy banks & donate some of your Clay funds to the BAF!! Raffle tickets will be 2 for $1, and we have PLENTY of rolls of raffle tickets to purchase!! We will also have a Change for Change collection box for any loose change you might have been saving up!

Some items in the raffle include:

2008 Clay calendar

red fuzzy Clay blanket

All Is Well CD

various tour programs

various magazines, including Rolling Stone

SPAMalot tote bag, lap board & keychains

BAF hockey jersey

various Burberry-like plaid items

hand-painted Clay greeting cards

Clay photo w/ laser-printed autograph

Scruffy DVD's

Clay photo bracelet

Clay shoelaces, lanyard & magnet

BAF coaster & keychain

Clay photo pendant & earrings

2004 Clay Christmas ornament

dinner & show for 2 at the Orleans Hotel

Silent auction items:

Clay portrait

3 piece set of Burberry-type luggage

framed Linda Huber print

needlepoint portrait of Clay (from AI5 IIRC)

Look What Love Has Done demo CD

framed 45" record collage

(2) 28" x 44" foam backed poster for Holiday on Ice w/ Clay's picture (of course)

handmade "Clay Visits Las Vegas" photo quilt

professionally printed coffee-table-type 13" x 11"photobook from the SRHP tour with leather cover

Special Live Auction:

Personally autographed Our Friend Mikayla book

If I have forgotten anything, it may be because we haven't received it yet (or I can't read my handwriting on my list). These are mainly the items we have already received. In addition to the raffle/auction items, each party attendee will receive a special gift to remember the Holiday on Ice Preparty. Also available will be some additional Las Vegas party favors.

We are looking forward to everyone coming to Las Vegas to PARTY with us!!! Have we started the countdown yet??? Is it almost 10 days til the Holiday on Ice show???

Also, people from several boards are planning to wear red in support of Clay, so that he knows we are there for him. I'm not sure how he will know that the people in red are wearing it for him, but that's the plan. Just to let you know!

I just looked a little further at the Vegas planning thread at the CB, and found this, written by 03jersey:

Earlier on, we decided that we would all try to wear some form of the color red, or possibly green, if red wasn't available. That was one way of standing out as a group for Clay to recognize us, without drawing too much attention. For sure, he will know we're there!

Yeah, since sitting close to the end is not generally preferable seating at a skating event, I have no doubt he (and everyone else) will realize that a good portion of the audience is there specifically for Clay. Not to mention the screaming. :cryingwlaughter:

This is going to be so weird for me, attending a skating event and having my attention drawn away from the ice. :lol: God I am getting excited.....we will be leaving the house about 2 am Saturday morning, in order to get into Detroit airport early enough. Our flight leaves at 7 am but we want to allow for any delays at the border getting there.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

play, I would have preferred seats closer to the ice and maybe a section out from the stage, but I didn't have any luck getting those. :(

Oh well, I'm not complaining, I get to be there! :)

ETA a bit more info on the pre-party.

We are partying at the Orleans Arena (same place as where the Ice Show is), but in the banquet rooms. These are on the ground level. For those who are parking at the Orleans Arena, you would go behind the Orleans Hotel & park in the lot near the SouthWest door to the Arena (the Hotel is South of the Arena). If you are walking there from the hotel, you just follow the signs & arrows that point to the Arena. After you walk down a somewhat long hall, you can exit the hotel & cross the thoroughfare/place where cars drive through the parking lot to get to the Arena. Again, enter the doors on the SouthWest of the Arena building.

Registration starts at 3 pm with the food being served at 4 pm and going until 6 pm. If you get there before the food does, you can look at the raffle/auction items, visit with other Clay friends, make new Clay friends, watch the Clay DVD's on the big screens, or just put up your feet & wait for others to arrive.

We will have raffle winners announced periodically throughout the afternoon/evening about every 30 minutes, starting at 5 pm, so that we don't have to do all of them at the end of the party. We will end the Silent Auctions at 6 pm and announce the winners shortly thereafter. The final auction will be for the Autographed My Friend Mikayla book, which will be a live auction conducted by our very own eleid! (This will be her first time being an auctioneer, I'm told!)

Hmmm, red or green? Makes sense to me, since this will be a Christmas show. I can probably dig out something with those colours to wear. And since this will be my final evening in Vegas, I'll know whether or not I have any money left to spend on the raffle! Hee, might as well go home broke, right?

OK here is an updated representin' list:

AnAmeraikenInTX

Clay4shore

Cotton

Couch Tomato

Crimsonice

FearOfH20

Gibby

goldarngirl

Karen Eh?

keldanker

leeana

liney23

luckiest1

PKMiller

Playbiller

wandacleo

zanyforClay

We need to get serious about where and when to meet! I volunteer to wear my DCAT shirt so you can find me at the pre-party. But I am changing before the taping! I think it might be a bit chilly in the arena for a little t-shirt.

I don't havea DCAT shirt, but I do have a pin.

Here the thing, Fear and I will be there from Saturday - who else is getting there early - we could do buffet or lunch or a trip to the Hoover dam or something. I am not spending 200 to fly to the grand canyon, however. If someone wants to do that, contact Fear.

We are arriving early Saturday morning and I think we are going to rent a car so we can do some side trips, like the Hoover Dam, etc. But I have decided not to take my cell phone or my laptop, because both are going to cost me an arm and a leg to use in Vegas. So I will be restricted to using the internet at the business centre in our hotel. If you want to PM me your contact info, maybe we can meet up somewhere?

I'll be in Vegas, too. John and I are arriving on Saturday around noon and we'll be there until Thursday the 8th. My aunt, Lecherous Broad Lorraine, and my uncle, are flying in from Halifax on the 4th. None of us are going to the pre-party. Saturday night we're going to Elton John, Wednesday we've got Spamalot. I'll have access to a laptop if you post any plans to meet I can find them here. I have a pin, too. I think are seats in Section 102 but we're in Row F or FF which ever of those is further back.

We'll be arriving on the 5th at the Orleans and leaving on the 7th. We're in section 118, Row FF, seats 11 and 12. I have no t-shirt or pin. I'll be at the preparty with my friend CarolJean.

Add me to the list. Daughter and I will be arriving on Sunday Nov. 4. We will be staying at the Orleans, and will be going to Elton John on Monday. We will be in section 116 row FF seats 7 & 8. I also have no pin, (whatever that means,) but I hope I get to meet as many of you as possible. We are not planning to attend the preparty this time, so I hope that I still get chance to meet you all. I will have my cell in case we decide to exchange cell phone numbers by PM.

Lucky - thanks for volunteering to wear your DCAT shirt - that should be a good way to find each other! I suggest that we meet about 15 minutes before the preparty, just outside the entrance to where the party is taking place. That way we will have a chance to find each other before we go in.

I'll be arriving Monday, and staying until Wednesday. Could some of us meet Tuesday for breakfast? If anyone is interested, please PM me. I'll be staying at the Orleans, and we could eat there, or go somewhere else. The Orleans does have several restaurants, including the Courtyard Cafe, which serves breakfast.

Gibby, we are not staying at the Orleans, but I would be interested in coming to an FCA breakfast if you can organize one. I am not familiar with Las Vegas at all, so I'm no help in planning. Any morning is good for us, since all of our plans are for evening shows. In the daytime, we will be sight seeing.

Updated list:

AnAmeraikenInTX

Clay4shore

Cotton

Couch Tomato

Crimsonice

Desertrose

FearOfH20

Gibby

goldarngirl

Karen Eh?

keldanker