July 7 - Tulsa OK

hey Cindilu..tell Lucky I just saw a clack alert for ATD..know she's been waiting for it.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I know but she won't let me watch it......luckiest1

OMG...this is much more sweeter than last night...so much more plaintive...

he is also making the transitions to his head voice a lot smoother tonight...

Snifff....

I just listened to the CV line cert -- hee!! I've never stood in the line, so it was extra fun. You could actually hear him saying, "Thank you for coming," and the muted reactions for the sake of keeping cool are so powerful, and then he's gone and the squealing starts. They sound so thrilled. Lots of repetitions of "He's so beautiful." I remember having that reaction from being up close at GMA.

ETA: They said the line was 4 blocks long, kind of a rectangle. You could hear him come by one side, and then the murmuring louder and louder as he came back by on the other side.

Edited by jmh123

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hi guys!

Getting ready to check out of the hotel, eventhough I'd like to stay until the LAST possible second to make up for the long wait to check in yesterday grumblegrumblegrumble.

Oh well I think we put them through their paces at the bar last night! :RedGuy:

the not so good....

Hmmm. The drive was loooooooong. The wait to check in was loooooooooooooong. The wait to get a drink at the bar was loooooooooooong. We forgot our binoculars (*sob*). The venue was "historic" only in thee most literal sense. IOW it's just plain old & in dire need of "restoration".... at the very least a coupla coats of paint. The acoustics in the venue also sucked. Rude rude rude audience shouters and screamers.

the soooooooooo good....

The Ceasar Salad w/shrimp I had in the bar may have been the best CS I've ever eaten. Delish!

*what?????*

Let's just say everything NOT mentioned above that happened between putting my butt in the seat and landing in bed late last night....

Clay....was a'frickin'dorable. This CANNOT be stressed enough! He looked so great and sounded awesome. He looks like he's having so much fun up there! He did seem a bit flustered/offkilter at the very beginning of the show. I had only heard about the plane thingy briefly and didn't make the connection to the banter until after the intermission. It was much cuter after I'd heard the story *g*. The orchestra was IMO awesome, especially the cello player spotlighted on LAL. I love the way they've staged this with the spot on Clay and thecello and Clay turning towards the cello to actually "duet" with it. Gah...just gah. I loved the medleys and hearing all of the ATDW's songs. I choked up on BYLM...as I knew I would. He was wonderful! I love him! :wub:

Other observations...

Quiana said some funny shit last night. Like with the water bottle she wanted to make sure that the women was still not actually drinking water from said bottle....cuz that wouldn't be good for her. Hee. Their interaction was adorable over the skirt/dress. As was his banter with Angela when he asked her how long she'd known him and then said "I love you Angie..." So cute. He said Jessie was now "stuck" with them all. Out in the parking lot ... we were in the first 25 people and Jerome was a hoot. When he came out and said he was gonna try to work something out the local security guy was like.... and this is a quote...ARE THEY CONTROLABLE? Jerome said "oh yeah...just watch" and then he told us to move, and where, and we moved. Hee. Making everybody hold hands in line was IMO Jerome showing off. He knows. Boy does he know. I had a couple of little kids in front of me and they got a hand touch from Clay and were all excited. Of course we all were...a bit. He looked another shade of incredible going down that line.

Is it August yet!??????????

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

Edited by jamar1700

JaMar, thank you for that fabulous recap! The CV cellcert has been so underwater, and I had no idea about some of the banter you shared, especially with Quiana and Angela. I just received some email about the plastic bottled water bit this week. :lol:

The description of Clay turning toward the cellist and sharing the spotlight on LAA is lovely and sort of what we have gathered from the Clack. I almost teared up reading about BYLM. No way will I make it through this song live! :)

Thnx again! Hope the Aiken Fog stays with you for awhile. Hello to Creole, and y'all have a wonderful day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro

Edited by Carolina Clay

When he came out and said he was gonna try to work something out the local security guy was like.... and this is a quote...ARE THEY CONTROLABLE? Jerome said "oh yeah...just watch" and then he told us to move, and where, and we moved. Hee. Making everybody hold hands in line was IMO Jerome showing off.

:cryingwlaughter:

Too funny!

Thanks for the recap, jamar! Glad you had a nice salad! What?

Hee.