# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

Why is it that when I read K'Andre's recaps/stories - I imagine them all being told in one breath? I fell like I have to read it at a breakneck speed to match her voice that I hear in my head.

LOL..yep..she makes everything soooooooooooo exciting ..almost like you're there or she's taking you on a fabulous ride!!

And, jmh, you know what those pictures are doing to me, don't you?

Ummmm, same thing they're doing to me??? Heh.

Couch Tomato--interesting report from your cousin. Can't wait to hear the rest.

EEEEEE!!!!! I have a new avi. Ldyjocelyn, your new one is so cute!!

ETA again: keep forgetting to mention that this is so cool:

ETA: I played with one of the slightly fuzzy pictures I posted and I think it looks kind of cool this way. (clickable)

th_wallpapertaggedDSCF2333.jpg

Edited by jmh123

Yes, very interesting report, Couchie. Should we discuss it here or there?

And thank for your recap, KAndre. Sounds like quite an adventure.

OT: This probably won't mean anything to anyone outside Houston, but I was sad to hear the Marvin Zindler passed away. I grew up watching the guy. An era has ended...

YAY! KAndre found Cora's and instead of the poutine you should have had some street meat. Beats that poutine mess hands down. I'm still talking about the hot dog I bought outside the ROM two Saturdays ago. It was divine....so good in fact that if Clay Aiken himself had sat down beside me on those steps and offered me a meet and greet in exchange for a bite.......I would have told him to get lost.

Well, maybe not if he let me lick the mustard off his chin. We coulda worked out a deal on that basis......or if he agreed to let this be my prom pose. I could go for a little of that.

178919607-L.jpg

Still jealous of her after all these years.

I am almost done with those Canandaigua photos. I sure will be glad when I don't have to type Canandaigua anymore.

The San Diego Symphony website has a cute little video promo-ing the show this week.

jmh, thanks for all the pretties, and I love your new avatar too!

178919607-L.jpg

No kidding. No kidding. No kidding.

I am almost done with those Canandaigua photos. I sure will be glad when I don't have to type Canandaigua anymore.

Heh. It seems like I've heard about a technique, though, called "cut and paste." Maybe you should try that. :medium-smiley-070:

Going to work soon....I wish I could just say, like Clay, "screw it."

Thank you for the info from your cousin, CouchTomato! Very interesting reading.

What did I miss??? What info???

YAY! KAndre found Cora's and instead of the poutine you should have had some street meat. Beats that poutine mess hands down. I'm still talking about the hot dog I bought outside the ROM two Saturdays ago. It was divine....so good in fact that if Clay Aiken himself had sat down beside me on those steps and offered me a meet and greet in exchange for a bite.......I would have told him to get lost.

Well, maybe not if he let me lick the mustard off his chin. We coulda worked out a deal on that basis......or if he agreed to let this be my prom pose. I could go for a little of that.

178919607-L.jpg

Um yeah! Look at how he is looking at her!!

I have a question for you all...Can you get a double exposure using a digital camera or is this one of the Brady ghosts? It looks like Clay's jacket sleeve but it is flat like there is no arm in it and if it IS a double exposure, where did that pink bow come from?

ghost.jpg

Look at the thread "Questions for Couchie's Cousin"!

I like your cousin - especially because she is saying everything I've thought over the last four years...

Cora's rocks! Poutine doesn't. I so rarely eat strange hot dogs off strange carts - I think I've done it twice in my lifetime.

Angela and Clay just can be so frickin' HAWT together sometimes...

Awww, don't go dissing on the poutine. It's to die for....literally. Probably about the worst thing you can eat, health wise, but I luuuurves it. I resisted it yesterday, though, off of the fry wagon, and opted for a hot dog instead. But that was only because I had no other options - I was at a small town beach! Kandre, it cracks me up that in downtown Toronto, that is what you ate. Hee, I would have been over to Chinatown so fast! Some GREAT food there.

Loving all the pretties everyone is bringing. I'm so behind on the last couple of concerts and what's gone on. Have only watched a couple of bits of clack. But I'm back at work today and things should get back to normal for a week or so, and I can catch up. Then, it'll be time for the NC 3fer!!!!!!

Hey PKMiller - what a freaky picture LOL. Some of our camera godesses will have to answer.

WOW, almost time. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo behind updating FCA..geesh. Can't find one spare moment in the day. Looking forward to seeing Claygasm tomorrow and only two days away from San Diego.

KarenEh, whoo hooo for your Canadaihoweveryousepll it pictures. I couldn't find many albums from that concert.

ETA: to answer Jenna's questions You can discuss it in that thread or here. Doesn't matter.

Wonder what CLay is doing on his time off heee.

pkmiller, that's an interesting picture. Considering that I was at that concert....maybe it was heat waves emanating from Clay. Of course, he would emanate heat even if he played in Antarctica....

jmh, you are just rolling out more and more pretties. Guh. I like the one from artquest too....man, I wish I had his cheekbones...

Meanwhile....

NEW THREAD!!!!

I found this report interesting (from Couchie's cousin):

Every label is different... There is no paint by the numbers way to say how things will be worked and promoted. Every artist is different. Every artist contract is different. The players involved for each artist may be different.

This reinforces something I've always believed, that there is no standard playbook as to how an artist should be promoted. So often, fans complain that Ruben got this or Kelly got that, that the label must hate Clay because he didn't get precisely every single promotion that another artist got -- even when Clay received different promotional opportunities.

Seems like every artist is promoted differently, so what applies to others may not necessarily apply to Clay. And he is, admittedly, a unique individual with an atypical fanbase. I'm not saying that necessarily excuses RCA for anything, but to me, it may explain the label's difficulty in trying to fashion the ideal marketing strategy for him. They aren't going to promote him like, say, Daughtrey, because guess what? He's NOT DAUGHTREY. Nor should he be.

Her statement also makes me wonder how much tangential information gathered by fans is necessarily applicable to Clay's situation. I appreciate that Couchie's cousin is upfront in saying that she doesn't know Clay or RCA, but can only report on her experience. I have a feeling that other "insiders" may not have been as frank (or at least, that their contacts were not).