July 18th, Syracuse, NY

MOAM really sounded very different...he had a lot of vocal changes...

Even ATD...its very ahrd to tell if the changes were successful because of the sound quality of the stream but very interesting

hee he had a really clunker on the ATD glory note...and he proceeded to blame it on the girls I think...

now everyone is laughing...

Yikes, his voice is dying on ATD...he actually stopped when the glory note lost its glory really quickly....the cellcerter is laughing...why? Seems he started talking after the voice break...what's he doing? People are cracking up....all I can hear is the laughing...

"Is my fly open?"

Can't hear...gotta go... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

talking about the embarrassment... siad soemthign that is not appropriate at all...

he really seem distracted tonight but is making up with the funnies...

he was doing some beatboxing...

was telling a new story about when he was a kid...everyone cracking up.

aww he says lets see if we can do something better...

This is from the gal in Oregon who can hear when everyone else cannot:

you know what?? he CAN do uptempo songs with an orchestra..if they can play a song like that, they can play many of the classics of the day, give me something like superstitious by stevie wonder. yeah stevie wonder songs, those are classics...whats another good one..maybe sam cook? he does some good stuff, I thought if you can do uptempo, you can do uptempo songs, so I tell you what..if you can do classic songs of our day, not just the best..but the best of the best. Were going go way up to the top. these are songs that your childrens children sang DONT SIT DOWN" that your childrens children will be singing for decades

This is from before the previous one:

had a hard time coming up with uptempo songs, but jessie found one and made it for the orchestra.

now the problem is, after all that preperation I didnt bother to know the words, now Im not going to lie to you. I have the words to that song taped to the floor, now im gonna sing some of it, and your gonna do the rest

Just tuned in....and had the sound suddenly jump from soft and muddied to loud and muddied!

OK, time for Sexy Back -- which I've just got interject as what I think of as one of the stupidest songs EVAH! JMO.

But I like what Clay does with it. *g*

Almost forgot....luckiest1 sent me one more text message during intermission -- Scarlett is at the show in the front row, but luckiest...ahem....lickiest doesn't know if she's doing that thing she normally does.

Caro, what lickiest said was that Canfly "handed off the tape." Don't really know what that means, sounds like the security took it, but that may not be right.

Is the CH cellcert coming in and out -- loud and then soft? Truly annoying.

It was soft for most of Angie's solo, and then went loud fast, and then back to soft again.

I wish I could hear what he's saying.....

Is the CH cellcert coming in and out -- loud and then soft? Truly annoying.

It was soft for most of Angie's solo, and then went loud fast, and then back to soft again.

I wish I could hear what he's saying.....

yup it is going in and out...

have given up on understanding the banter...

LAA was so soft and tender tonight...

now...the intros are very clear...hee he said Sean can beat him up...

hee he said thank you for the people who kept their cameras in their purses and taking video through a hole...or hiding under the black towel...won;t bust you cos we want a copy too...

hee he said thank you for the people who kept their cameras in their purses and taking video through a hole...or hiding under the black towel...won;t bust you cos we want a copy too...

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I'm listening to the wrap up here.....but I'm so tired from today's activities that I can barely hear straight. Sorry I'm not reporting this.

It sounds like Solo and crew had a great time.

Classics better than last night.

Hey all!

Sorry for not getting online at all last night. By the time we got back to the hotel it was after midnight and I was pooped. But I think I have a few minutes before breakfast now.

OK let's see....we got to the venue early, around 6:50, and immediately saw tons of people we knew. They let us in around 7:00 but held us back from going up the escalators for about half an hour. Once up, we raced to the merchandise stand (I was first in line, hee) and found out they had tons of posters (#s still in the high 500s) and t-shirts, so I bought what I needed. Some of us had drinks. cindilu2 volunteered to take the posters to the van for safekeeping. They are really nice and protected by plastic sleeves, too.

Anyways, we went down to our row CC and DD seats, which were exquisite. The stage had these two little wing areas that extended down to about the 3rd row or so on either side, but the venue had roped them off. We were hoping Clay would ignore the ropes because it would bring him right to us, since mine, luckiestdaughter and goldarngirl had the last 3 seats in row CC at the outer aisle. We got to meet anntherese54 from the CH (who had a meet and greet) and Karen Eh at intermission, which was aweome. We will be seeing them again tonight at Koozinas restaurant in Canandaigua.

So we could see through the stage doors on our right, and saw the band and Jerome milling around before the entered. luckiestdaughter said she was sure she could see Clay's feet, and when he finally took the stage, she was right! Hee. He came strolling in from our side with a big smile on his face during HYCA. Of course he went right into EIH, but it seemed as though he really didn't banter at all for about 5 songs. I don't think he ever did a "hey Syracuse!" section at all. I remember him checking his watch after about the 5th song and saying to one of the girls "we made it!" so I thought they must have been under time constraints, but I don't know for sure. The orchestra seemed friendly, some were smiling and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Clay made a comment about the fan letter from the night before and said that that was why he was wearing black, because black is slimming. The girls both looked fantastic with new outfits again. There was some banter about the new stools, which were wooden, brown, with kind of orangey cushions on them. Quiana said she didn't like them and that they were ugly. Angela said she thought they were very comfortable for her butt. There was much laughter and wiggling about on the stools. It was funny.

I really can't remember what was first half and what was second half. I do remember that there were no standing ovations at all during the first half until Quiana's solo at the end. I remember being a bit frustrated, in spots, because the audience was silent when Clay was talking about his last album, and I wanted to cheer. But then he went on into some banter and love cover songs and Clive Davis having hand picked them, and it was snarky a bit, but then he said "here is one that wasn't a cover" and did ATD. It was hilarious, he went up for the high note and totally missed it, and he stopped singing and started giving Quiana shit because apparently when he does this motion where he is bending over at the waist, that is her signal to hit the note for him or with him, and she missed it. Hee, after he finished the song he said "now you know" and then asked if any of us had really believed that she wasn't the one hitting it for him, anyways, and most people said no, and then he said it reminded him of a story when he was 7 or 8.....but that isn't really an appropriate story. The audience egged him on to tell it, and it was so funny. He said when he was 7 or 8....not 15 though (lots of laughs) his grandmother and him would watch tv, and sometimes he had gas. But after he...you know.....he would make the sound with his mouth (like a fart) to cover it up, and no one ever said anything. Then once when he was 11 or so he had gas another time but didn't do the mouth sound thing, and his grandmother yelled at him (and then he did this part in an imitation of his grandmother) "Clayton!!! That is disgusting!!!!" and he apologized and stuff, and she said "well at least when you were younger you tried to cover it up by making sounds with your mouth!" Hee, he is a riot.

Oh the tv themes were first half too, right? I hadn't watched any clack of those, so it was really cool. He actually sang a bit of Always and Forever in his lead up to Perfect Strangers. And he danced and danced during the medley. His George Jefferson dance was hysterical. At the end he said to the girls that they had all the fun "black" songs to sing, and he had all the boring "white" shows, and then he did a really boring impersonation of himself singing Welcome Back Kotter and one other one. BWAH.

OK I will post this part now and then continue. Dont' want to lose the post.

ETA: To clarify the canfly situation....at intermission, we heard venue security in the aisle beside us talking about her, and pointing at her. They knew she'd been filming and were going to approach her. One of us went over and warned her and got the tape from the first half so if they did grab her they wouldn't take it from her. Once the 2nd half started they did exactly that - took her out of the theatre, and straight to Jerome (we found all this out later at the bus line). Jerome told her that it wasn't TC that was concerned, it was the venue staff, and the only reason they targetted her was because she was trying to hide it. She said it almost sounded to her like she'd have been better off if she did it out in the open, even though they had made annoncements and had signs posted saying it was banned "by law". And of course, as was already reported from the cell stream, at the end of the night Clay made the comment that he really appreciated and was proud of us for keeping our video cameras out of sight and "in our purses with little holes for filming, or covered by black towels". BWAH. He specifically looked at some of the more well known clack gatherers who were sitting down at the front when he said that, and then said "don't give yourselves away" because they wanted to d/l the clack or something like that. It was hilarious!

So, canfly has the entire first half but not much of the second. I met up with Scarlett after the show in the lobby and she said she had some good stuff for us, so all is well.

I hear cindilu2 pounding on the wall from the adjoining room, so I better stop for now and write the second half and the bus line stuff later. Ciao, y'all! Off to Canandaigua!

Edited by lickiest1