July 19, Canandaigua, NY

Yee ha! Got here to hear the Classics! Love Opposites Attract....oh, what did he do on Party all night? :RedGuy:

Yeah I want to know that too. That seems to be the "shirt tug" of this tour, I believe. *g*

Remind me not to wander to far from heree as the Faye nasty comments start. Sheesh people, it is schtik. I am searching through y Paypal (use it too much) currently claiming I did not buy cellsert, But that is OK, few more shows until I see more and clack is up fast.

Edited by playbiller

so he didn't take anythin gout right..just added Sorry? I may get my Broken Wings yet!!

Jess and Sean has groupies..too funny...

Jerome tackled somebody!..God I love him... I know some people can't stand him but I have complete faith in him. I think the man was just trying to hand Clay a gift. heeeeeeeeee

When Clay said Jesse and Sean these girls just screamed...and they are Sean groupies...and they asked them to go up and they had a sing...Clay Jesse already brought sexy back

Jerome had to tackle a guy that was trying to give Clay something the time clay was coeming down the aisle.

From CB:

The Way You Make Me Feel... audience is singing along... he stopped singing, reporter said he's running to find the words, now he's going into the audience to find somebody who knows the words!!!

Quote:

he is down in the audience looking for the words to the song lol

Checking in from the hotel in Canandaigua....we didn't do the bus line tonight, because of the rain. The concert was amazing, and our seats were probably the best in the house (3rd row centre aisle) and definitely the best we'd ever had! When Clay entered down our aisle, my daughter touched his arm and she said it was prickly. :lol:

I will write up a recap tomorrow morning if I get a chance. I have to tell you though that watching Clay sing Lover All Alone with the sound of the rain falling all around was magical. I doubt it's going to come through on the clack but it was something I will never forget. What an amazing night.

I just got home from work. Thanks for the reports and yes, Clayzor, I am ecstatic as you know how much I love SSTBTHW.

Jerome actually tackled the guy :RedGuy: Poor guy but then what with all the crazies, Jerome can't be too careful.

{{lickiest}} So glad you had a great concert. Will check in tomorrow for your recap.

Edited by sheiladownunder

he did the line:

From CB:

Quote:

A security guard came out and asked what they were doing. The fans were explaining to him how Clay would come out to shake hands. Then when Jerome came out he couldn't believe all the fans were calling Jerome by name. lol Jerome said at first that they thought they couldn't do the line because of the rain, but he was figuring out a way to make it work and the security guard was laughing.

Security guard talked on the cellcert phone. lol He said he enjoyed the show and now he is trying to keep the crazy clayfans in line out there. The security guards are taking pictures of Jerome with the fans.

From OFC:

Quote:

Jerome is outside now and is having the girls line up! JM is outside in the rain waiting for Clay!!!! Even in the rain!!! But it isn't raining too bad!!... I can hear Jerome directing again!!! lol He is trying to get some people to move down farther... The girls are hanging onto Jerome's shirt wanting their picture taken with him!!!! Jerome is loving it!...Clay is coming out now!!!! Screams!!! I hear him....thank your very much!!! JM got a complete hand shake!!!!!!! I heard him!!!! Yay!!! I heard him!!! ...Wearing cargo shorts and a hoodie!!!! The screams are deafening and he is going back to the bus now.....

There was at least 300 or more people out there tonight again....

From CV:

Quote:

Clay is coming !!...Shorts and a hoodie !!......Thank you very much!!! Thank you guys!!!! - we heard Clay say!!!!....I guess he showers still after the concert....Rhustress, our certer, got a hand/phone touch!! ...Thank you very much!!! Thank you guys!!!! - we heard Clay say!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I am gonna attempt to write this quietly before they all wake up in here. Sorry it won't be as fresh in mind since I've just seem Chautauqua but I'll do my best.

We arrived in Canandaigua around noon and went directly to the EconoLodge but they refused to budge on the check in time - 3 pm. So we went shopping across the street at TJ Maxx and most of us bought new shoes because it was pouring rain out and our feet were wet. We drove over to the venue to have a peek and the big blue bus was parked, and as we passed it came out and followed us around in a circle! Then we parked right on the side of the amphitheatre and it did, too. No one else wanted to but I got out and walked in the rain until I could see the side of the stage. I saw Mary up there and figured they were getting ready for the soundcheck but then I scooted back to the van and we took off. We really aren't into stalking or being seen trying to watch soundchecks, LOL.

We eventually got back to the hotel after a stop at Eckert's for some snack food, and there must have been 50 Claymates in the lobby trying to check in. They were totally unprepared for us. We finally got 2 adjoining rooms, only to find that the wireless connection didn't work in our half of the hotel. But they wouldn't do anything about it - in fact it seemed as though they were running out of rooms, because some buddies of ours were actually assigned the same room we were already in! They eventually sorted it out.

Since I didn't bring a laptop this trip (mine is a dinosaur and doesn't have wireless capabilities) I tagged along with ShelleyC from the CH as she went down the hall with hers looking for a signal. We got lots of interesting looks as we sat cross legged on the floor by the stairs, checking our emails for m&g's (nada, darn it) and perusing the boards quickly.

We headed over to the CH dinner at Koozina's around 5 pm and had a great time. The food was good and there was an organized raffle with proceeds going to the BAF. I won a couple of small items which was cool. Hee, Scarlett was there and tried to convince me to take the clack with her camera. I explained that I wouldn't be much good at it as I tend to spend a lot of time jumping up and down screaming. :cryingwlaughter:

The rain started again during dinner, it was just torrential. Around 6:50 we headed over the venue to discover that the $6 parking pass we'd bought was not necessary unless we wanted to walk even farther in the rain than we would have to from the free lot. What a crock. So we speed walked through puddles and pouring rain up to the amphitheatre. One lady fell straight backwards down a small flight of stairs right in front of us....it was scary. They managed to get her into a chair to wait for the paramedics (who we passed, not hurrying at all). I hope she got to see the show in the end.

The venue itself was a very cool layout. There were walkways up above and some box seats on the sides. The main floor was graded, with two rows on each step up. The seats weren't fixed, they were just chairs. Our seats were right on the centre aisle, 3rd row, best in the house as far as I was concerned. I put my daughter in the aisle seat and man, she was thankful for that later! We say jmh123 and she promised to introduce us to sylvie and her daughter Kavanaugh at intermission (they had travelled from England).

The show started, and we were all waiting for him to enter from the side as usual, but it was just like the first Kyrie entrance, with people going WTF? and discovered him up above on the walkway, on our right. It was amazingly cool because it was unexpected. Jerome walked him into a couple of box seat areas and we lost sight of him a few times, but then we saw the two of them running towards the back of the main floor along a ramp, Clay singing the whole time. You'd never have known he was running from the sounds coming out of his mouth. And then he started down the centre aisle. OMG. He passed right by us and my daughter started squealing about how she'd touched his arm and it was prickly. LOL.

When he got on stage he remarked that it was a much longer walk than he'd anticipated! He was a bit winded. But he caught his breath and carried on with EIH. He did the duet with Angela (and this is quickly becoming one of my favourite parts of the show, I love the way they belt it out!) I am not going to go song by song because my memory is already fuzzy on stuff, but I just remember very quickly thinking that he was a lot looser than in Syracuse. He seemed impressed with the venue and, to my mind, seemed to be aware that there were many more not.just.us in the audience, based on the way he bantered.

He talked about people having sent emails to his mama about him being vulgar on stage. It was really funny....he couldn't remember what word he'd used in Philly that had started it all so he asked the audience and they told him "puberty". Hee, he said he had also told a fart story in Syracuse and he realized that was kind of borderline. His humour was out in full force, he is so quick on his feet.

The tv medley schtick with the easel and the poster boards was priceless. Hee, I love how his mind works. It was just so HIM. The signs about Nelle Carter and "she's the maid" and finally "oh well" just CMSU. He was so cute whipping through them. I hope they keep this in because it worked really well. It kind of made me sad at the end when he said "we probably should have just cut it" (the tv show medley) because it made me think that he really took some of the criticism to heart from the boards. And since we've heard it's his favourite part of the show, I'd hate to see that happen.

I was really, really happy that he talked about ATDW and gave us a chance to applaud and cheer for it (which we did) and then he told us to make sure to buy a copy, and another copy, and another copy after that. Hee, so much for those theories that he wanted low sales (which I always thought were ridiculous anyways!)

So at intermission we met our friends from England and lots of other people that I can't remember right now. I was wearing a "Canada, Eh?" shirt and got a lot of comments on that.

Second half.........in the next post.

Edited by lickiest1

So the second half started with ATD and we were hoping against hope that that didn't mean he'd cut WY out of the set. As it turned out he'd just rearranged things to fit Sorry into the equation. When he started Sorry it was cool because people applauded for it. And then WY didn't disappoint as it was a glorious rendition, as usual. I actually had to grab onto the bannister in front of me during it. I was overwhelmed.

There were ovations after every song. During TWYMMF he came down into the audience. At first he went along the front row trying to get people to sing into the mic. Then he came up the centre aisle. A man was coming down the stairs towards him, holding something out in his hands. Jerome came barreling up from the front row area, pushed past Clay who was holding the mic out to our side of the stands, and tackled the guy right to the ground. It was scary and unexpected, but Clay hardly reacted at all, just continued on with the song. I sure didn't blame Jerome one bit, who knew who the guy could have been or what he was up to (although chances are he was just an innocent man). I hope he wasn't seriously injured but it sure looked like he could have been. It'll be interesting to see if any clack catches it. It kind of reminded me of that time Jerome took that woman under his arm like a football at a BAF gala. Hee, I wonder if he used to play football professionally............

The classics medley was on fire. I saw LOTS of skin (but this time I was looking for it). Clay and Angela had lots of fun doing that move where they bend from the knees and kind of do a wave with their bodies. He is getting good at it! And at the end of Opposites Attract he grabbed the waist of her pants and pulled her into him WDC style. That was unexpected and caused lots of screams. Hee, what a guy.

LAA with the rain coming down outside was just magical. It was one of those moments that just seem suspended in time. I can't even describe it. His vocals were spectacular. I will never, ever forget it. I hope he felt that it was special, too, because it sure was. I hope there's clack but I doubt if it will quite capture it.

During BYLM I was trying to soak him in. He was so close to us on that stage, and I remember thinking I'll probably never be so close again. He was just gorgeous. Oh and I have to say I LOVED the shirt, I really did.

Afterwards we decided to forgo the buses because we were still wet and had no desire to get wetter (down smutters!) So we just went straight back to the room where we had alcohol stashed away, ready to go. OK, so I had a bottle of water waiting, but seriously, I was on a Clay high. I don't need no alcohol. :P

Edited by lickiest1