#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

Mr. Artquest 's back was acting up so he went back to his room , where Flat Clay was. He then took it upon himself to "activate" Flat Clay ! How cool is that! It seems to have cracked everyone up.

Couch, I so hear you on the ongoing jabbering at Clay concerts. I had oodles of those types behind me in Philly. I just wanted to scream, "STFU" and "How rude can you get?" but I wasn't feeling optimally well.

I think I will next time say, "PLease stop, this is a concert. Many folks here are first timers and they can't even hear the songs." I 've done it before and gotten lots of attitude and "Huh!" looks. Maybe getting an usher if you can find one is best. The sense of entitlement these people have just grates.

I wish I could be at the wonderful Greek Theater tonight to hear Clay sing Picasso. (see spot's banter before WISYS clack)

I love this picture!!

Ooooh, it's gorgeous!! The lights, the stance, the raised arm, the clothes, the facial expression, the man - fantastic!

I'm downloading Spot's clack from last night. The flat Clay schtick before and during WISYS is a scream!! He looks and sounds gorgeous during LAA. Haven't watched anything else yet, but I can't wait until it's all downloaded!

I am just drowning in the San Diego and Pala clack this morning....in a good way! If you haven't watched spot's LAA from Pala yet, run, don't walk, to download it. Just breathtaking.

couchie, loved your mini-recap, and totally agree about people who just won't shut up during concerts. I could hear lots of chatter going on on the cell stream last night, in the background. I'll never understand how anyone can talk when Clay is singing.

I love this picture!!

amazingtag.jpg

It's very very comparable to this picture from the previous night in San Diego:

ClaySanDiego8-2289.jpg

Both pictures are so cool. I'd say THERE'S Rock!Star!Clay!, but that term has become a bit of a....bad set of words for me.

Mr. Artquest 's back was acting up so he went back to his room , where Flat Clay was. He then took it upon himself to "activate" Flat Clay ! How cool is that! It seems to have cracked everyone up.

I'm hoping that when artquest gets back, she has her husband post too. (Sorry about the back...) I'd love to get a "he said/she said" take on this. The clack of WISYS is so funny. It's got to be a bit surreal for him too -- I mean, singing to a life size replica of himself? His mind must have boggled.

Off to watch more Pala clack!

OK, just watched the clack from jojoct called Bride to Be. This is what goes into the TV show medley. He starts singing The Facts of Life theme, and then goes into another one, one I'm not familiar with. "She's a small wonder...." ??????? So, librarian that I am....

God, you can find anything on YouTube anymore....

I think she means jojoct. She's getting her clack gatherers confused.

I just watched the post classics banter from spot. I'm sorry, but his strut off the stage is one of the sexiest things I've seen from him.

That is one sexy back.

I think she means jojoct. She's getting her clack gatherers confused.

I just watched the post classics banter from spot. I'm sorry, but his strut off the stage is one of the sexiest things I've seen from him.

That is one sexy back.

I'm at one with you on this, LadyJ ! That "too cool for you" exit from the stage is the bomb! That and the San Diego Jeffersons are two of my current faves. And as one who initially wasn't so hot for the TV Medley, I stand converted. Oh, and I have to throw in the Pala RHW ... that last minute entrance is so cute ... and then the "getting smashed at a Clay Aiken concert" comment. Loved it!

I'm so pumped for The Greek. Can.not.wait. I so hope there's a huge crowd because I think Clay Aiken is ready to go to town tonight.

It should be there now. Ooops, sorry, it's jojoct, not spot!

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concer...007/Pala/jojoct

Thanks.. Hee. 3:25 cracks my shit up. Lookit the trumpet (whatever) player in the back couldn't suppress a laugh! :lol:

AWWWW...

From yaknelle at CV:

I saw a woman fall in love with Clay Aiken last night and she didn't even know it.

She was sitting in front of me and beside her husband. I was seated in a seat that seemed to be the point for all lost audience members to stop and wonder where their seats were, so they stopped and asked me. The man in front of me said that I should get a job at Pala. I laughed and said the commute from Chicago might kill me.

"You're from Chicago? That's where we're originally from, the south side," said the woman.

I told her where I was from and she knew where it was. " Have you been to any other of his concerts?" she asked.

"No," I said, " I couldn't get to San Diego last night, but I'm going to The Greek tomorrow."

"Oh," she said. "Do you know that some of them follow him all over the country, and go to all his concerts?" " I mean , I was talking to some women and they were crazy."

I was dressed in my Clark Kent fan clothes, and didn't have any visible Clay Aiken tattoos, so she thought I must be a sane fan. Not! I smiled and said , " Well I've been to 17 concerts myself."

"No, " she gasped .

"Yep," I said. "Is this your first concert?" I asked. She shook he head yes. Bingo! I had a concert virgin.

She went on to explain that she had seen Clay on American Idol and the talk shows. She had his album. I let her know he had a new one out. She didn't know it even existed. I told her that she and her husband, who had also been listening to me, that they were in for a great night. That Clay was a wonderful entertainer.

"We were worried, that he might not be good in concert?" she said

"You have no idea," I said.

In passing and to make this shorter than a novel, I told her the best song of the night was at the end of the concert and that Clay had written it himself. She wanted to know if he sang BOTW, because that had given her chills. I told her no, but the songs he did sing would do the job.

"Get ready to stand and enjoy," I said.

"Oh no! I can't stand. I have a bad back," she whined.

The concert started and the seduction began. It was so interesting to watch. The first three songs made here sit up straight. She turned to me and said, "He has such a beautiful voice." I smiled.

I'll cut to the important moments. She was on her feet for These Open Arms. She beat me to my feet for the standing O for MOAM. Her back must have been feeling better.

She stood for the entire fast song medley . She laughed at all the banter. I mean howled. Her husband was right there with her laughing, standing screaming. God, it was a thing of beauty.

The moment had a arrived, Clay sang Lover All Alone. There was silence, and then a explosion of applause. Her husband leaned over and said to her, "That was a beautiful song, just beautiful."

She turned to me and said, "You were right, he is brilliant."

She and here husband were on their feet, clapping. They stood and swayed during Because You Loved Me. Her back wasn't even on her mind. I smiled.

She's a goner. Tomorrow, maybe Monday, when she's alone, she'll google Clay's name. Later she'll find youtube. She'll buy ATDW. She'll find clack. Then she'll stop herself. She'll have that moment , you have before you become intimate. She'll try to resist and she won't be able to do so. Finally she'll succumb.

I saw a woman fall in love with Clay Aiken last night.

Edited by YSRN

YSRN, that's a FANTASTIC story. I really do feel that his LIVE performances are what sells him, not his records. I know that might be a bit "backward," but I really believe that he knows best how to sell himself.

From msidolfan at getclayaiken:

Hi everyone, we are just heading to The Greek. We are having a fantastic time. I will do a real recap when I get home but have to tell you this------EEEEEEEEeeeeeeee The ring Clay was wearing last night was from ME and the 3 girls that I am with. We gave it to Faye at the pre-party in San Diego and she said she would be happy to give it to Clay. I could never put into words how thrilled, happy and excited we were to see it on his finger. I could just imagine the boards going crazy. I will tell you details later. The inscription on the outside is in Latin and says USE YOUR VOICE There is also an inscription on the inside, also in Latin, but we are not saying what it says until later because we thought Clay would have fun figuring out what it says. Bye for now. Love and hugs to all.

I'll have to ask my husband how to say "use your voice" in Latin. And I'll be curious about what the inside inscription is too....

Rewatching the Pala clack last night (yes, I've watched it more than a few times!), I've just got to say that the man is a born entertainer. The live show is where he really comes alive, and he does that by putting on what HE feels is an entertaining show. So yes, that includes the cheesy ham sandwich that is the TV theme medley. I really think that he finds that whole section wildly entertaining to HIM, and so it's part of the show. The classics medley may be less spontaneous now than it was early in the tour, but I feel that's because he knows what sections got reactions early on and is now building on that knowledge. (See: "party all night.") Maybe he's going too far with some of that. Maybe. But yet, it's still getting a reaction, so he's gonna keep doing it IMO. Another point of "entertainer:" his acting at the end of the classic's medley when he "finally feels cool." It's schtick, to be sure....but it was perfectly executed schtick (or at least it was last night). I found it wildly entertaining.

I guess there's a difference in me than there is with other fans. I wasn't around for "Take." Totally missed it. My first real remembrance of Clay was at the TV seminar, when he said he was from Raleigh, someone cheered in the audience, and then he said "if you're here, who's at home?" Cracked me up. I thought to myself, "this man has a fast and quick wit, and he needs to be watched carefully." From that day -- yes, I've swooned at the voice many times, but it's always been ENTERTAINER Clay that has had me on a chain. The man makes me laugh, giggle, smile, and just feel good. There are not many out there that can do that.

As someone said earlier, Clay's my happy.

I watched the Pala WISYS Clack (Finally - kicks stoopid 40.1K download speed), and I think what makes it so freakin' funny is that the OTT emoting to Flat Clay wasn't done throughout the whole song. Just when I thought he was done and was going to sing the rest of the song straight, he'd do another funny gesture.

That said, I found the "Jefferson" dance from San Diego to be a little bit too much with the extra convulsions at the end - like he was trying too hard. It was funnier when it came across as being organic and spontaneous, and that particular performance looked a bit too knowing to me.

Is it possible to reach through time and space and retroactively smack the snot out of the chattering gasbags I can hear in deborah760's Pala mp3s? Very annoying.

:mallet:

OK, just watched the clack from jojoct called Bride to Be. This is what goes into the TV show medley. He starts singing The Facts of Life theme, and then goes into another one, one I'm not familiar with. "She's a small wonder...." ???????

OMG, do NOT miss this clip. I won't spoil it, but he says something to the bride-to-be that is hysterical. And his comments about having a crush on robot girl and the facial expressions that go with it....:cryingwlaughter:

OK, I am home and can download clack now. But, but, I have to do laundry and work on my list and shop for new clothes for when I leave, not to mention pre pack the dogs stuff for her mini vacation.

Are we still recommending clack in the recommendation thread?

In my mail is a notice that I did not fill out some form correctly, hence no income tax refund, and a booklet of coming attractions for Eisnehower hall, none of which interest me. Off to fill out form correctly and get tax refund. Oops and Homestead rebate, almost forgot that one! I do really wantthe money back - Clay is coming to 2 concerts in NJ this winter.

ETA - I remember Small wonder, it was on here Saturday mornings, was it ever on in prime time?

Edited by playbiller

Rewatching the Pala clack last night (yes, I've watched it more than a few times!), I've just got to say that the man is a born entertainer. The live show is where he really comes alive, and he does that by putting on what HE feels is an entertaining show. So yes, that includes the cheesy ham sandwich that is the TV theme medley. I really think that he finds that whole section wildly entertaining to HIM, and so it's part of the show. The classics medley may be less spontaneous now than it was early in the tour, but I feel that's because he knows what sections got reactions early on and is now building on that knowledge. (See: "party all night.") Maybe he's going too far with some of that. Maybe. But yet, it's still getting a reaction, so he's gonna keep doing it IMO. Another point of "entertainer:" his acting at the end of the classic's medley when he "finally feels cool." It's schtick, to be sure....but it was perfectly executed schtick (or at least it was last night). I found it wildly entertaining.

I guess there's a difference in me than there is with other fans. I wasn't around for "Take." Totally missed it. My first real remembrance of Clay was at the TV seminar, when he said he was from Raleigh, someone cheered in the audience, and then he said "if you're here, who's at home?" Cracked me up. I thought to myself, "this man has a fast and quick wit, and he needs to be watched carefully." From that day -- yes, I've swooned at the voice many times, but it's always been ENTERTAINER Clay that has had me on a chain. The man makes me laugh, giggle, smile, and just feel good. There are not many out there that can do that.

As someone said earlier, Clay's my happy.

Hee. I was just formulating a CH post that culminated in almost the exact same expression - I even used capital ENTERTAINER in it. I haven't posted it yet cuz I'm still writing it, but it cracks me up that basically I'm on the same wavelength - at least for this tour. I adore his silly, goofy, always finding the fun in every situation. He kills me. I laugh out loud so many times a day when he's around.

I was one who thought the TV medly was STOOPID (tm Clay). But watching him do it; you can hardly keep the grin off your face. It's frickin' impossible.

:wub:

Is it possible to reach through time and space and retroactively smack the snot out of the chattering gasbags I can hear in deborah760's Pala mp3s? Very annoying.
:cryingwlaughter: Gotta love a good rant. :lol:

If they are bored because it's their 17th concert of the tour, and they thought the material inferior to begin with, here's a clue--stay home!!! :wordpooper:

Edited by jmh123

If they are bored because it's their 17th concert of the tour, and they thought the material inferior to begin with, here's a clue--stay home!!!

Hee, if only we could be that direct that on any board we choose. Sometimes it's hard to beat around the bush. :medium-smiley-070:

I just received an email from Expedia telling me that it is urgent I call them as there's been a change to my Las Vegas flight in November. Yikes! Still on hold....

Edited by lickiest1

I watched the Pala WISYS Clack (Finally - kicks stoopid 40.1K download speed), and I think what makes it so freakin' funny is that the OTT emoting to Flat Clay wasn't done throughout the whole song. Just when I thought he was done and was going to sing the rest of the song straight, he'd do another funny gesture.

That said, I found the "Jefferson" dance from San Diego to be a little bit too much with the extra convulsions at the end - like he was trying too hard. It was funnier when it came across as being organic and spontaneous, and that particular performance looked a bit too knowing to me.

A big ol' George Jefferson style Amen, and Hallelujah to smacking the yakkers.

As far as the GJ dance, we wouldn't know it wasn't always meant to be that way if not for Clack and multiples. As difficult as it is, I try to watch each performance with 'new' eyes. The only downside to Clack, IMO. He's just clearly having so much fun with this (as are the girls) I can't help but love it.

The Flat Clay love was just priceless.

There's a whole thread on the tv medley at the CB. On the whole I think the majority of people enjoy it and think it a 'colossal success'. I used the "E" word there yesterday as well. Clay is so much more than just a singer. He doesn't have the techno-show of a JT or the catalogue of a Prince or a James Taylor. He has something far rarer and far more valuable (in this Claymates opinion). He is Clay Aiken. He's funny, witty, intelligent, self-deprecating and the best singer of his generation. He's putting all those thing out there on the stage for us - more and more with every tour. He's MISTER Entertainment, and once again I feel like we're gifted with being in on the beginning of it. Is the TV Medley a precursor to the Rock!Star!Clay! that so many seem to desire? Doubtful. But in my opinion it's a glimpse at something so much more. It's a glimpse of the man I fully expect to be still entertaining me twenty or thirty years from now (God willing, and if Clay wants it). One day he'll have a whole repetoire of Clay Aiken songs to sing. And I'm willing to bet that they'll STILL be interspersed with a cover or two, and some classic Aiken goofiness. Or at least that's what I hope.

Edited by cindilu2

He is Clay Aiken. He's funny, witty, intelligent, self-deprecating and the best singer of his generation. He's putting all those thing out there on the stage for us - more and more with every tour. He's MISTER Entertainment, and once again I feel like we're gifted with being in on the beginning of it. Is the TV Medley a precursor to the Rock!Star!Clay! that so many seem to desire? Doubtful. But in my opinion it's a glimpse at something so much more. It's a glimpse of the man I fully expect to be still entertaining me twenty or thirty years from now (God willing, and if Clay wants it). One day he'll have a whole repetoire of Clay Aiken songs to sing. And I'm willing to bet that they'll STILL be interspersed with a cover or two, and some classic Aiken goofiness. Or at least that's what I hope.

Yeah baby!!

And then there's this, from TLC4OMC:

269714400.jpg

He is Clay Aiken. He's funny, witty, intelligent, self-deprecating and the best singer of his generation. He's putting all those thing out there on the stage for us - more and more with every tour. He's MISTER Entertainment, and once again I feel like we're gifted with being in on the beginning of it. Is the TV Medley a precursor to the Rock!Star!Clay! that so many seem to desire? Doubtful. But in my opinion it's a glimpse at something so much more. It's a glimpse of the man I fully expect to be still entertaining me twenty or thirty years from now (God willing, and if Clay wants it). One day he'll have a whole repetoire of Clay Aiken songs to sing. And I'm willing to bet that they'll STILL be interspersed with a cover or two, and some classic Aiken goofiness. Or at least that's what I hope.

:clap::clap::clap:

And then there's this, from TLC4OMC:

269714400.jpg

Heh. They look like they are miming trumpet playing. Heh.

But the trummy looks pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. And I think I just did.

Hee, so it was URGENT that I call Expedia to be told they'd changed my flight times by 11 minutes? They couldn't just email me that change? oooookay then

Wheeeeeee for trummy shots! :Tour3:

Safe travels for everyone getting to the Greek tonight. I am not sure whether I will be able to stay awake for it or not...

ETA: Are those the same jeans from Sterling Heights? They have the same label on the pocket.

Edited by lickiest1