#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

bottlecap, the Indio show starts EARLY, as in 6:00 PDT. You should be able to stay up for that one, right? I'm going to force myself to stay up for all four of them, even if it kills me the next day. The only one I'm really concerned about is staying up for the Greek, because I have to be at church by 7:30 a.m. CDT the next day. I'm providing a handbell solo as special music for two services, and I really should try to be awake at that time!

I hope everyone traveling has a safe and enjoyable time!

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Wheeeeeee!!! the Cali concerts commence! I love alliteration. :-)

Good times and safe travels to all. Show him the love!

O/T, but I remember somebody telling me that Clay's sales at Freedom Hills (Sterling Heights) were the best of the summer series, only rivaled by Sheryl Crow. I just just got an email from them (FH) offering free tickets for her show, only have to pay TM fees and parking. :lilredani:

I'm almost packed! Sort of.

Of course, I should be leaving my house any minute so I can take Waldo to my parents for babysitting......

To take away temptation I am shutting down my computer.

Couchie, ansa and YSRN - see you soon!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I jsut wish the whole FCA gang could be there.

Oh and muski - GO BLAZE!!!!!!!! I can say that at this stage knowing it doesn't effect whether she can make it to any of the CA4-fer or not. (Not that I wouldn't mean it anyway.......)

Bye all! See you on the left coast! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :DoClay:

Is it too soon to start a countdown to the Kalamazoo Christmas concert? Because the lovely laughn has already procured our tickets to that show. :F_05BL17blowkiss: 121 Days! :DoClay:

It's never too early for a good countdown, in my books! I also have tickets to Kalamazoo already. :lilredani:

Wheeeeeee! for our CA peeps. One more day! :Tour3: I might try to stay up for the shows on the weekend....we'll see.

9 more days till Cary!!!!!!!!! :TourExcite:

For bottlecap and her collection:

Picture082fsn.jpg

He's so cute and silly - I just lurve him! (And I sent the link to that post to my personal e-mail account, so I remember to Right Click and Save when I get home. It's a sad, sad situation... :cryingwlaughter: )

Zippy takes some really good shots. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Two years ago at JNT05 a friend's mom got a M&G and printed one of Zippy's pics to have him sign. He stopped the line and asked her where that picture was from and told her he really liked it. (now I need to hunt through my old pictures to remember which one it was. LOL)

121 Days!
OMG! Really??? That doesn't seem too bad. :cryingwlaughter:lickiest, you got your tickets also? Maybe we'll have a chance to meet again!

On the road in CA. Good times! You can trade me some of your 70 degree weather for my 95, k?

:TourExcite:

Zippy takes some really good shots. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Two years ago at JNT05 a friend's mom got a M&G and printed one of Zippy's pics to have him sign. He stopped the line and asked her where that picture was from and told her he really liked it. (now I need to hunt through my old pictures to remember which one it was. LOL)

I have a zippy888 shot from the JNT05 saved in my photobucket (which I can't access from work) of Clay in the long black jacket, and it may be from the big DSIAFCD glory note. Clay's hunched over, and he must have just jumped. It looks like he levitated himself himself right off the stage via the power of his voice... One of my all time favorite pictures, and it doesn't even involve the tongue. :imgtongue:

Wheeee! I just had a lady I had never met before come to my desk for help with a report. She caught sight of my new August calendar desktop (thanks to cindilu2 :RedGuy: ) and asked "who is that?" Hee, so I told her, and then showed her my calendar, and my other desktop (a Clangela pic). She started going on about how she voted for him on AI, but my, hasn't he changed? (said in a v.v. good way :P) I mentioned that I had recently returned from New York state to see him, and told her that he is a great entertainer, v.v. funny, and she said "but man can he sing". Then she caught sight of my collection of NC postcards that decorate one side of my cubicle, and said "oh, I'm going there next week" and I said "so am I!" Long story short, she wrote down the venue and date of the Cary concert and will most likely be on the lawn. God, I love spreading the good news. :Tour3:

Here's the shot Clay liked bottlecap...spikey blond hair and all...hee. (you can always tell when John D was in the house, can't you?) I am assuming he liked his smile or the pose or whatever, because if he loved that hair we would not have the lovely hair we do today...which seems much closer to his 'bus hair'...which, I guess, is how I think he is most himself....and now I will shut up and contemplate winter and warm coats and snow....and forget about the heat outside...*blech*

th_zippyEugene05.jpg

(would be fun if you spotted that gal at the Cary show lickiest.)

Here's the shot Clay liked bottlecap...spikey blond hair and all...hee. (you can always tell when John D was in the house, can't you?) I am assuming he liked his smile or the pose or whatever, because if he loved that hair we would not have the lovely hair we do today...which seems much closer to his 'bus hair'...which, I guess, is how I think he is most himself....and now I will shut up and contemplate winter and warm coats and snow....and forget about the heat outside...*blech*

th_zippyEugene05.jpg

Awww, how neat is it to see a picture of Clay that he has said he likes? It's got a real Casablanca feel to it, IMO.

(would be fun if you spotted that gal at the Cary show lickiest.)

Yep, she seemed quite excited about the whole thing. I mean, she managed to ignore my male coworker who likes to rag on me shouting "don't listen to her! She's a stalker! She's seeing him 10 times this year!" and get the information written down. I'm wondering if an extra copy of ATDW might be in order tomorrow...

From moonhead at the CH:

From aikensangel 2 at the CB via clem231 at CV:

Quote:

Just heard that Clay will be interviewed tomorrow morning 8/2 on KOST FM radio in the 8 o'clock hour.

KOST streams!

EEEEE!

luckiest1, that's very cool about your "new friend." I hope you get to meet up with her.

My office mate is on a two week vacation right now....in San Diego. She called me from home before she left her home to find out what time and the location for the show tomorrow night. She doubted if she'd go, because she has her husband and 10-yr-old daughter with her and their flight home leaves early Friday. She did say, though....that she might go driving around San Diego tomorrow night to "listen" to Clay. Heh.

I mean, she managed to ignore my male coworker who likes to rag on me shouting "don't listen to her! She's a stalker! She's seeing him 10 times this year!"

:cryingwlaughter:

I just sat in a restaurant staring at a poster which read, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.-- Albert Camus", and thought, 'ain't it the truth!' I hope someone realizes how hard we Clay fans work. (just speaking for myself, of course ;) )

from stripedshirts at CV...

Looks like that interview for KOST will be a short, sweet one; Clay will be calling in, & the interview will be 8:05 Pacific Time, which is about 11 a.m. East Coast Time. Due to time limits, it probably won't stretch more than 10 - 15 minutes at most. They'll upload the interview later in their site.

Maybe a pair of tix may be given away

Whoo-hoo for the KOST stream!!! Nothing like hearing Clay talk to me in the morning!

Edited by laughn

Just got a call from CG... her flight is DELAYED! Yikes. YSRN...I placed a call to you... we'll have to do things on the fly - push back our dinner meet up a little bit. I'll be in touch as soon as I know her ETA.

My trip is getting off on the same old foot... along with the above delay...after giving out my cell phone number to xyz people, I couldn't find it last night. Thought I left it on my desk at work but APPARANTLY I dropped it in the parking lot and one of the girls found it this morning. So glad she didn't run over it. Sigh. Such a dork. BUT I KNOW WHERE MY TICKETS ARE!

Did Diva or cha cha mention they had someone in Ecuador? Are they living there? Come back and talk to me.
Clazor - my two daughters are in Ecuador doing an Andean Bear Conservation program, they'll be there for another 2 weeks. You can see what they're doing at http://andeanbear.org/ - I hope the photos are back up by the time you click, they are down for me right now. But if you go to the photo album, smugmug, and then to Volunteer Living you'll see what the Cloud Forest is like.

Did you say your hubby wants to move there? Does he have a good reason?? :lilredani:

NINE MORE DAYS!!

:Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3:

Edited by cha cha trusty

back with more on the "ghost photo" question:

Sorry to burst your little ghost-seeing bubble...

(I know I am spending way too much time on this, but) here's a sketchy explanation:

(assuming this is the bow in question...)

ghost2.jpg

does this make sense to anyone else??

~

on another note - what the hell are cheese curds???

:TourExcite: :Tour3: :TourExcite:

cha cha....uh, the only thing I see in that square that's labeled "corner of piano" is a side view of an uncircumcised penis

cha cha....uh, the only thing I see in that square that's labeled "corner of piano" is a side view of an uncircumcised penis

and how bad is it that I saw the same thing.

Yep, he most certainly is. The last Saturday before Christmas, in Merrillville. :)

Is this like Jeopardy? I'll take 'things Clay is doing in December' for $200, Alex.

You all are seriously cracking me up! :cryingwlaughter:

OMG! We're leaving now for our first game! Takes about 45 mins to get there from here...Carrie's pitching and ironically we drew to play a team from Half Moon Bay! Travel 1000+ miles to play a team we've lost to twice already this summer! :scream:

But that was before the girls found THE ZONE! heh...wish us luck...I'll check in with you gals later...

GO BLAZE! :laola0: :manynanas: :EmoticonRingAround: :04:

Did Diva or cha cha mention they had someone in Ecuador? Are they living there? Come back and talk to me.
Clazor - my two daughters are in Ecuador doing an Andean Bear Conservation program, they'll be there for another 2 weeks. You can see what they're doing at http://andeanbear.org/ - I hope the photos are back up by the time you click, they are down for me right now. But if you go to the photo album, smugmug, and then to Volunteer Living you'll see what the Cloud Forest is like.

Did you say your hubby wants to move there? Does he have a good reason?? :lilredani:

NINE MORE DAYS!!

:Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :Tour3:

cha cha he has been researching for cheap places to retire. Supposedly it is very inexpensive to live there. A little bit of money goes a long way. He says you can hire cooks, gardeners, and housekeepers for as little as a dollar an hour. Food, housing, and health care etc supposed to be cheap. I forgot your daughters were doing their bear research there. What do they have to say about the place. I have seen lots of pretty pictures of it. Thanks for sharing that link.

sheiladownunder, I have been in bed most of the day, and I just finished watching a special on E about 20 murders in Hollywood. Or something like that. It talked about the celebrity murders. How ironic is that? Cue twilight zone music. Selena, John Lennon, Rebecca Schaeffer. Killed by OTT fans. Stalkers and unbalanced fruit cakes. It sure makes you think doesn't it?

muskifest good luck to Carrie,

Give our best wishes to the girls, muskifest!

Selena, John Lennon, Rebecca Schaeffer. Killed by OTT fans. Stalkers and unbalanced fruit cakes. It sure makes you think doesn't it?

Yeah, I gotta say, it does worry me, sometime. Occasionally, I've seen such anger directed at Clay by fans who think he's disappointed them in some way. There are few out there who don't seem to have any life outside the fandom, who seem to have invested too much of themselves into his career. And I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. All I can say is that it's a good thing he has Jerome around.