#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

KAndre, so you noticed, not only did I not volunteer for those songs, no one volunteered! Ha. Just assign me a couple of them. I will tell you, though, the TV Medley is the one thing I didn't download much of, I didn't see/hear much variance in the songs. So I guess this will give me the OPPortunity to prove myself wrong.

Oh, and licky, it's been fun. You've been a good sport we will be Right Here Waiting to welcome you back whenever you want to make a reappearance.

ETA:

Oh, I know what I'll choose to rate: The best version of Clay and Quiana singing"Listen". Yeah, that's the ticket

Edited by atinal

Farewell, lickiest1. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Please don't be hurt licki, but I've missed luckiest1 and have even thought a couple of times of begging her to come back, so I'm glad she's returning. :RedGuy:

Sorry, I was too late to sign up for FCA's Rate The Music for the SRHPT or DCAT as it's known around here, I enjoyed doing that for JNT06. I'm willing to help. If someone wants second opinions on some of the songs, I could act as an optomotrist & patient of sorts. "Which one's better A or B?" " B, No, I think A is better, let me go listen again"

Folks would possibly be willing to share, if you have a favorite that you would've picked if you could. There's a loooooooot of clack out there, and more to come, no doubt.

Maybe we could "buddy system" this whole thing. For example -- I'm willing to whittle down BYLM to the final 8 choices or so, and then someone else could come along and pick the final two out of those choices. And I could do the same for laughn, for example -- she could pick her top 8 of HYCA and then I go in and select the final two. (BTW, that was my second choice for a song.)

Or am I making this just all that much more difficult?

You know, it's really kind of embarrassing when you're sitting at your desk, mumbling something about Clay's crotch, when someone walks into your office....

Hi y'all. Just checking in from my Blackberry to apologize for not participating in the Rating Game. Work will keep me very busy for the next few weeks. I'll try to check on the boards, but I won't have the capability to review clips.

But have fun, all of you!

And hugs to you ((Couchie))!

Or am I making this just all that much more difficult?

yes :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think the issue with theme songs and classics..is that a lot of it was visual. I mean I actually like the sexyback song but don't want to hear it 100 times. heee. Atinal it's too much of a chore if it's not something you actually like... so don't force yourself. The stragglers will get picked up...sooooooooooon heh. And a person to go ..ok which one is better with...might be fun. I swear last time around I could get it down to 4 or 5..and then I'd listen over and over and over again trying to do my final eliminations.

KANDRE I'll take Full House if it's still available.

Ha! Y'all just wanna keep listening to your favorite Clay over and over and over again....works for me! Y'all will need to wrestle cindilu2 for Listen though, and I think she's greased herself up...

FCA recommends...DCAT songs

Songs:

Here You Come Again - laughn

Everything I Have - KAndre

I Want to Know What Love Is (couchie because she's quicker than me)

When I See You Smile - lickiest1

Everytime You Go Away - jmh123, jamar1700

Right Here Waiting - lickiest1

The West Wing theme - jmh123 (HA HA!)

Perfect Strangers - jamar1700

Full House - couchie

Laverne and Shirley

What's Happening

Growing Pains - atinal

Different Strokes - atinal

Charles in Charge

Roseanne

Who's the Boss

WKRP in Cincinnati - merrieeee

Golden Girls - Couchie

Gimme a Break

Welcome Back Kotter - couchie

The Jeffersons - lickiest1

All in the Family - lickiest1 (hee!)

These Open Arms - Claygasm

When the Lights Go Down - cindilu2

A Thousand Days - artquest

Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word - playbiller

Measure of a Man - muskifest

Without You - ansa

The Way You Make me Feel - YSRN

Baby Got Back - KAndre

Like a Virgin - lickiest1

Bills Bills, Bills - keepingfaith

1999 - keepingfaith

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - keepingfaith

Oops, I Did It Again - lickiest1

OPP - KAndre

Yeah - KAndre

SexyBack - lickiest1

Achy Breaky Heart - lickiest1 (HA!)

Opposites Attract - KAndre

Beat It - FearofH2O (hell, there were enough zombies in the audience!)

Listen - cindilu2

Lover All Alone - jmh123

Because You Loved Me - ldyjocelyn

People can share if they agree - keep in mind there is a LOT of clack for each song...discuss amongst yourselves!

8 more to go!

MAKE THAT 6 KANDRE..and can you update the other page/couchie

KAndre, so you noticed, not only did I not volunteer for those songs, no one volunteered! Ha. Just assign me a couple of them. I will tell you, though, the TV Medley is the one thing I didn't download much of, I didn't see/hear much variance in the songs. So I guess this will give me the OPPortunity to prove myself wrong.

Oh, and licky, it's been fun. You've been a good sport we will be Right Here Waiting to welcome you back whenever you want to make a reappearance.

ETA:

Oh, I know what I'll choose to rate: The best version of Clay and Quiana singing"Listen". Yeah, that's the ticket

Umm. Step away from the Listen, and no one gets hurt.

Just sayin'

guns.gif

Wee, bottle... we're winning! If ya'll need to shorten that title it can just start with "Next thing he knew...". Yeah, yeah!

That post from Edith irks me, not the post itself, but that she felt she needed to make it... I wish she wouldn't let fan bullying break her spirit. She's an individual and shouldn't have to change herself to fit some people's vision of "acceptable" behavior. I want real-life characters in my story, not a bunch of clones. Meh. I hate when that happens. *grumble, grumble*

BitchPlease.jpg

That post from Edith irks me, not the post itself, but that she felt she needed to make it... I wish she wouldn't let fan bullying break her spirit. She's an individual and shouldn't have to change herself to fit some people's vision of "acceptable" behavior. I want real-life characters in my story, not a bunch of clones. Meh. I hate when that happens. *grumble, grumble*

BitchPlease.jpg

That cartoon is killing me. It's OMG funny.

Who's Edith? And where is her post?

Wee, bottle... we're winning! If ya'll need to shorten that title it can just start with "Next thing he knew...". Yeah, yeah!

Hee. will we have to pay royalties to Usher for sampling his lyrics? Hey, I haven't yet returned the blender I bought to celebrate Clay [not-so-much] engagement, maybe I can send it off to Mr. and the new Mrs. Usher instead!

The trapped ananaconda brought Harry Belafonte to mind:

"Come Mr. Talleyman , tally me ba nah nah...."

Thanks for the laugh of the day for me, Diva! "The trapped anaconda brought Harry Belafonte to mind" could be a thread title ... a mythic thread that muski would frequent, I believe!

It sure got my vote and, if necessary, could even be shortened to .... She was all up on him screaming "Yeah, Yeah!"

OK, I'll take some of the blame for renaming Ethyl Edith - it's still mostly Clay's fault! Freakin' 'boy the way Glenn Miller played'...

god I hate to admit this ..but what the hell, everybody knows I'm a spazz. I never knew what that line was...and I watched that damn show faithfully every week. heh.

I thought it was something like on the wakely miller plains

got a problem with that? :cryingwlaughter:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee new banner. YEAH YEAH heh

It sure got my vote and, if necessary, could even be shortened to .... She was all up on him screaming "Yeah, Yeah!"

Or 'We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"' - in the spirit of sharing and inclusion and all. :me0:

dropping in quick for a banner switcherooo...

thanks to rcknrllmom for our new sexy banner...

If people still want to submit banners just do so and I can start rotatin banners having new ones more often.

thanks for all your creativity!!!

BitchPlease.jpg

omg I love that cartoon! :cryingwlaughter:

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:welcome: Greetings to Pushin' and Bookwhore!

Book, great opening post ... just after "the photo" made its debut, LOL!

Yes, Cindilu2 -- a full out banner change is in order! Oops, you aleady did it! :lol:

Scarlett, would love to see screen caps from a celebrity!

You know, I LOVE it everytime I see a photo with the tagline "Orlando" on it. Just like a big 'ol FU to the HRL staff. HeeHee!

HEEEE is right!!! Love your sepia photo and many others, AAIT! :clap:

Now that's showing a truckload of class. MWAH to you, Ethel!

Seconding or thirding the motion -- very classy, Ethel! :)

R.I.P. Lickiest1! Welcome back, Luckiest1! :00000442:

When a CV'er asked "What is FCA?" Brightstar provided these possible definitions ... at 11:28 p.m. on her birthday, no less! :nanadance:

Frisky Clay Aiken?

Focusing on Clay Aiken

Finding Clay's aperture

Fabulous cannon accessory

Faulty closing action

Finding cause to admire

Focus, celebrate, appreciate

Forcing Clay to adjust

Frontal crotch art

Many thnx for the NJU story in my blog, Muskifest! :P

Y'all have a great day! :goaround:

Caro listen.gif