#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

OK, I'll take some of the blame for renaming Ethyl Edith - it's still mostly Clay's fault! Freakin' 'boy the way Glenn Miller played'...

god I hate to admit this ..but what the hell, everybody knows I'm a spazz. I never knew what that line was...and I watched that damn show faithfully every week. heh.

I thought it was something like on the wakely miller plains

I only have one thing to say to that.

Chicken Slacks. :RedGuy:

I have things to do today, but they'll have to wait...have lots of reading to do!

Is there a road map? Where are pictures supposed to be posted?

Welcome clayglo! As for a road map -- well, you've basically arrived at the place for all the main Clay action. Pictures can be posted her, and are in fact encouraged! Hint hint.... You can also post pictures for a particular show in the tour thread for the DCAT (that's what we call it around here anyway -- "Doing Clay Aiken Tour.") There is also a thread created for the 2007 holiday tour as well (located here). If you don't see a thread for a particular concert, feel free to start one. (But makes sure there isn't one already first, hee!)

Most, if not all, of our ramblings around here tend to be in this thread. But there are lots of other good places -- the Harry Potter thread in "Books and Magazines" was popular for a while, as an example. If you're not sure where you're going, just PM one of the admins here and we'll be happy to help.

And don't forget about the "View New Posts" link! (couchie made me say that!)

EEEEEEEE! New pretty pictures !

And this one is for muski -- "Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you...."

:cryingwlaughter:

Hee.... that's a lot of FUs, clayglo!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Beautimous! I think Clay looked the most hawt in Orlando and WPB, so I'm one happy camper that ya'll bested security. Thanks!!

Aww, this is the best.... dreamlarge made a montage of the bus lines: :wub:

Edited by YSRN

Wasn't able to see a concert this tour but have tried(unsuccesfully) to keep up with the recaps.

Anyway just wanted to say hello and will try to jump into the conversation if I think I have something worthwhile to add.

:welcome:Bratz -- great to have you here!

Hello, O-MOM! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

LOL, I'm listening to Orlando for the ***dredth*** time, and Clay just told Angie she might want to button her top. Er um -- glad he doesn't take his own advice. :whistling-1:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

despite my pitiful post count I am quite a long time member
Yes, merrieee said that, but I couldn't help but wonder if it couldn't be something Clay might say.... :whistling-1:

(And as the normal people reading this scratch their heads wondering WTF that muski person is talking about, I continue giggling like the 12 year old I am and go back to looking at THE PICTURE.)

I bet artquest knows what I'm talkin' 'bout. (Oooooh...does this hinthintwinkwink comment mean I'm referring to sooperseekrit insider info? :RedGuy: .....kewl)

Oh and welcome, all you fresh meat people! I can say that 'cuz Clay did. :lilredani:

Edited by muskifest

I watched the busline montage on youtube and it blew me away. I hope a lot of nonfans get to see it. I was very pleased with Clay's tour. I thought it might help him get the feel for a TV show. He really is so sharp and multi-talented. I'm crossing my fingers and toes. I've been a member here for a while but this is my first post. I see lots of familiar names. Greetings to all.

ETA- I was wrong, this is my second post. :RedGuy:

Edited by merryclay

OK, I'll take some of the blame for renaming Ethyl Edith - it's still mostly Clay's fault! Freakin' 'boy the way Glenn Miller played'...

god I hate to admit this ..but what the hell, everybody knows I'm a spazz. I never knew what that line was...and I watched that damn show faithfully every week. heh.

I thought it was something like on the wakely miller plains

got a problem with that? :cryingwlaughter:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee new banner. YEAH YEAH heh

Heheh, I knew the 'boy the way Glen Miller played' line, it was later - Gee Are Oh you said that great. (aka, gee our old LaSalle ran great) that messed me up.

Hoolaboppaneega! *waves to licki.. errr luckiest1*

Beeyootiful banner!! Yeah! Yeah! I'd do him!

lyrics to All In the Family theme (Those Were the Days)

Boy the way Glen Miller played,

songs that made the hit parade,

guys like us we had it made, those were the days.

And you knew who you were then, (ironically those words were wrong)

girls were girls and men were men,

mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.(<<<oh, more irony)

Didn't need no welfare states

everybody pulled his weight,

gee our old Lasalle ran great,

those were the days!"

Whoa. bratz and clayglo. Welcome!

Edited by cindilu2

didn't want to forget to thank ldyjocelyn for the "tips"!!!!

Cindilu!!!! :helloogreen:

Edited by clayglo

Heheh, I knew the 'boy the way Glen Miller played' line, it was later - Gee Are Oh you said that great. (aka, gee our old LaSalle ran great) that messed me up.

Hoolaboppaneega! *waves to licki.. errr luckiest1*

Beeyootiful banner!! Yeah! Yeah! I'd do him!

lyrics to All In the Family theme (Those Were the Days)

Boy the way Glen Miller played,

songs that made the hit parade,

guys like us we had it made, those were the days.

And you know where you were then,

girls were girls and men were men,

mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare states

everybody pulled his weight,

gee our old Lasalle ran great,

those were the days!"

Hoolaboppaneega back atcha! You know I will never hear that line the same again, right? :medium-smiley-070:

And thanks for clearing up the AITF lyrics. I also heard "Gee Are Oh you said that great" until now....but I also heard "Mister we could use a man like Herbert hoo harachay". :cryingwlaughter:

I think Clay looked the most hawt in Orlando

That's cuz he did his own hair!!!!

I'm one happy camper that ya'll bested security. Thanks!!

I got nabbed right at the end...they accused me of taking video!!!! ...took me out during "Listen"...tried to get me to delete my pics...like that was gonna happen! Checked the illicit camera and was let back in just in time for LAA!

Quick Tips for Newbies and WELCOME to all

Most important thing to know:

VIEW NEW POSTS -- it will bring every post that was made since you're last visit. You have to be signed in for this to work. Most of the action takes place on main - but there are other areas of the site that have posts and this is the best way to know who is posting what where.

ADMINS - If you need help - couch tomato, Ansamcw, LdyJocelyn

MODS - Bottlecap and KAndre

Linear threads take a little getting used to but it will become familiar after a bit.

We pretty much discuss everything here on main -- no secret threads. Except it you see the word HOLLA, make sure to click on link. heh.

You can start new threads in most areas - if you need help deciding where it should go, ask on main or one of the mods

When there is an admin note, which happens about once a year, it's in blue. We're all adults here and we try very hard not to over moderate. Just treat each other, Clay, and Clay's family and friends with respect and there will never be blue ink.

No long siggies please -- but funny emoticons and photographs are strongly encouraged.

Have fun!!

ETA: OOOH perfect example Muski ... we will show how we handle insubordination here at FCA. bwah. Look out for the flying stilleto. heee. And Bottle I'm sure will emoticon her HARD and I do mean hard.

MODS - Bottlecap and KAndre

:huh:

really?

:blink:

What do they mod? You mean 'mod' as in 'behavior MODification'?

KAndre?

Bottle?

BWAHAHAHAHAHBWAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHA! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1:

~AHEM! That means we have the power to edit your posts, missie. And unless you want all your future posts to read "TAYLOR HICKS RAWKS!!! ILUVHIM! HE'S DWEAMY", you'll show a little respect. ~ bc

Edited by bottlecap

Ahem....misunderstood lyrics....

For years, thanks to my older brother, I thought the lyrics were "dream lover where are you? Upstairs on the toilet stool". Also thought it was "pretty woman walkin' down the street, pretty woman, the kind I'd like to eat..."

It's his fault. :blush:

ETA: Thanks for the tips, Couch Tomato. I haven't ventured off this thread yet...I'll have to go take a looksee.

Edited by Bookwhore

Welcome (and Welcome BACK to de-lurkers) to the newbies.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Speaking of welcome back, and hoolaboppaneega... I was convinced for years that the song went

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out

Welcome back, to that same old place that we laughed about

Well the names have all changed since you hung around

But the dreams have remained and they've turned around

Hoolaboppaneega (hoolaboppaneega)

Back here where we need ya.

To me they will always be so.

One of the true gifts of the internet for me was finding out the real lyrics to songs!!

And the very first thing I ever 'looked up' on the net was the answer to a week-long argument with a guy a work. Who was the voice of The Great Gazoo on the Flintstones? Heh - it won me free lunch for a week. *g*

Answer : Harvey Korman [spoilered]

Edited by cindilu2

An old topic, but I was gone yesterday and didn't get a chance to participate.

As to learning about the recording industry etc..... the problem is, I would be more interested if I could trust what I read. But, on the message boards you hear so much from people who sound as if they really know and who, it turns out, really know NOTHING! Add that to the way some of these so-called "experts" twist facts to suit their agendas, and well, I don't want to have my head spinning again with a bunch of crap. (ex: RCA sending the Tampa venue a fax demanding the get strict with cameras as a way of getting back at Clay for making a statement by taking Scarlett's camera in Ft. Myers!! :RedGuy: )

I already quoted this post night before last. And here's more:

Except the RCA/letter part has me going WTF?????? Like play, I'm wondering if that's an attempt at humor, or someone really thinks that happened. That's just weird.

Well, I was told this AS FACT from someone who looks normal from the outside but obviously isn't. She really truly believes this is fact and presented it as such and talked down to me as if I were the one who was crazy for not believing her. I felt my blood start to boil as she completely personified what almost drove me from the boards.......

See, this is what precipitated my rant. This makes no sense to me, and I do not believe it's true. It fits a familiar pattern, same as the stuff that's generated from groucho and JP. It may even have originated from one of those sources--it wouldn't be the first time that "insider" info posted on the boards turned out to have originated with one of them. (And, for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, they lie.) IMO, most of the time, regardless of source, it's the same kind of dirty, upsetting crap spread for the same reason, to prove a person is in-the-know and to make others unhappy. I think it's a sickness. Even when it isn't based on meanness or famewhoring, it's still a sickness.

Even if there's an occasional rumor that happens to be true, Clay's made it clear that he thinks his business is his business, his personal life the same. People who know him well have been remarkably silent about his business and his personal life, because they respect him and they know he wants these things kept private. Thus, anyone who is talking about his business or his personal life is not his friend and they have no respect for his privacy--it's that simple.

Oh, well - like CG, I'm in it for the fun. As far as I'm concerned, the rest can slip away. I don't need the angst, I can't control much besides buying CDs and concert tickets, and frankly, I think Clay would really rather that I stay out of his business dealings. So, I'm in it for the music, the smutting, the thudding, and the fascinating man. I LURVE him.

:lilredani:

Or what Gibby said.

I had a bunch more quotes and responses going in another window, and they just disappeared. GRRRRR. Oh well.

I appreciate many of the comments made yesterday. There were many things that were well said and that I wanted to word. One thing I wanted to respond to--artquest's post. I agree with others that this isn't about liking someone or not, specifically huskerfalcon. It's about whether her insider information is reliable. IMO, hers is not.

Artquest, you are an academic as am I, so I know you understand the importance of sources. I especially hope you would appreciate that if someone refuses to provide a source, I'm going to find that information suspect. I need to know who said something in order to evaluate the reliability of the information. I've been trained to do that, and for good reason. While I appreciate the concept of protecting the confidentiality of sources, if I have no source for controversial information, I'm not going to believe the information. Disbelief has become my default because there has been far too much incorrect insider info in this fandom. If I can't evaluate the originating source, I have to evaluate the poster who posts or PMs information. If that information consistently proves false, or is consistently unverifiable, then, for me, that poster becomes an unreliable source.

There's a poster on another board, someone I really really like. We have RL connections. I had the opportunity to meet her in person socially once, and she just piled on the "insider" info about all kinds of things. I have to say that I was really uncomfortable and upset by that experience, and it was one major contributing factor to my decision to ignore all insider information in the future. Another was a report from several friends of things said "in confidence" by a guest at a Posse gathering. To me, it isn't a matter of what's true and what isn't. It's intrusive, and it's none of my damned business. I was entirely squicked out to find out that there are nice people so deeply into knowing stuff about Clay's life and talking about it with one another, and that's when I decided enough was enough. And was about ready to get the hell out of the fandom altogether, until I found FCA.

Now, you may be privy to more reliable or verifiable insider info than I, by virtue of living in SCal. Lots and lots of info has flowed out of SCal sources, but IMO not all is equally reliable. Most of the back channel stuff has not been verified in any way, and "trust me" just isn't good enough. I don't know these people, I haven't met them, I haven't spent time with them, befriended them, travelled with them, or gotten to know them. I only know them as message board posters. Nothing against them whatsoever, I just don't have experience of that world. Too many of the people who do hint on the boards about things they know have been shown to me to have agendas, and their information is bound to be colored by those agendas. I hope you can understand my insistence on skepticism and my need to have information verified before I'm going to accept the truth of statements made on the boards or by PM, statements which represent only the surface summations of entire discourses that have gone on behind the scenes (e.g., Roger is out to get Clay).

As for Clay being an inconsistent source, I think of the public Clay as a storyteller. A lot of the time he's not testifying on a witness stand, he's being entertaining. On stage, in interviews, and in meet & greets, he also necessarily speaks in sound bites. There isn't the opportunity to give long explanations and do a back-and-forth for clarification. I have a pretty good filter for interpreting his remarks, and deciding for myself whether I think they should be taken literally and as "evidence," or not. Taking all of that into account, I find him pretty consistent. I don't think he's often a good source for deciding which "insider" info is valid and which is not because, again, I don't think he thinks it's any of our business. He's quite capable of deliberately muddying certain waters, and more power to him when he does.

And that's enough seriousness. Carry on with the stupid lyrics. Much more fun.

:lilredani:

Edited by jmh123

~AHEM! That means we have the power to edit your posts, missie. And unless you want all your future posts to read "TAYLOR HICKS RAWKS!!! ILUVHIM! HE'S DWEAMY", you'll show a little respect. ~ bc

BWAH again! :cryingwlaughter: Now where's that 'bowing to the master' emoticon when you should use it but won't? :medium-smiley-070: Nosireebob'syouruncle....I bow only to Mr. Aiken, and that's only to tie his shoelaces. :hubbahubba:

Good thing I love ya, bottle :F_05BL17blowkiss: ...or that blue ink just wouldn't work at all. :allgood:

Gawd, I don't wanna work today. And since I'm posting nonsense on a Clay Aiken message board, it would appear that I'm NOT working today. :rolleyes:

Edited by muskifest