#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

As for Clay being an inconsistent source, I think of the public Clay as a storyteller. A lot of the time he's not testifying on a witness stand, he's being entertaining. On stage, in interviews, and in meet & greets, he also necessarily speaks in sound bites. There isn't the opportunity to give long explanations and do a back-and-forth for clarification. I have a pretty good filter for interpreting his remarks, and deciding for myself whether I think they should be taken literally and as "evidence," or not. Taking all of that into account, I find him pretty consistent. I don't think he's often a good source for deciding which "insider" info is valid and which is not because, again, I don't think he thinks it's any of our business. He's quite capable of deliberately muddying certain waters, and more power to him when he does.

Hey there's no such thing as an old topic. And lord knows this is one we go back to every now and then. Loved your entire post but wanted to highlight this.

One of the things that cracked me up, which I remember, was folks not taking Clay at face value when he said he didn't particularly care for Back For More. So much pychological/emotional explanations for that one IMO because it didn't fit most theories and that song represented all that was stolen from him with the cover album. So I loved it when he added it was cheesy. I also look at Clay as a public storyteller.... he exaggerates a lot. But really, the simplest explanation to me is that he didn't like the song. It doesn't speak to anything but that particular song. It's not like if that story is true it means he is giving up all mid tempo songs forever. It means he doesn't like that song and I have no problem accepting that. If everything out of his mouth is suspect, what is the damn point.

Hell this didn't fit my thought processes either but I easily let it go and got a chuckle out of it. And it made him just so much more interesting to me. He's still a mystery!

Oh bwah, Muski has unleashed Bottle. I kinda like it. heh.

bottlecap makes a note to edit future muskifest posts expressing a desire to "tie Clay's shoes" to "read the Bible with Clay". Posts expressing an admiration for his "beautiful humugous cock" will be modified to "exemplary morals and sense of decency."

bottlecap makes a note to edit future muskifest posts expressing a desire to "tie Clay's shoes" to "read the Bible with Clay". Posts expressing an admiration for his "beautiful humugous cock" will be modified to "exemplary morals and sense of decency."

:cryingwlaughter:

Meanwhile...

NEW THREAD!!!!

Yes, that's a link people! *g*