#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

I should be cleaning my house, anything in my house the whole thing needs it. But noooooo, what am I doing? Sitting in front of this computer downloading and watching San Diego clack, grinning from ear to ear. I haven't even watched the funny stuff yet. Man oh man there is some great stuff from last night. Spotlightlover's stuff is excellent.

YAY!!! Spot's stuff is up, and it's excellent! Great audio. Heeee - can anyone tell I'm a stickler for good sound? :)

I lurve IWTKWLI. He and Quiana are having such a great time, and the riffing at the end is hilarious. Hey, Clay riffs around a high F# and then holds it forever! That's a high note, ya'll! And he sounds really good on it.

I'm off to watch more of Spot's vids .....

Edited by Gibby

Just found out recently that a relative of mine performed (Syracuse Symphony Orchestra) with Clay at his concert in Syracuse! I wrote her impressions in my blog at the OFC.

Is there a particular place here where I can post that?

Just found out recently that a relative of mine performed (Syracuse Symphony Orchestra) with Clay at his concert in Syracuse! I wrote her impressions in my blog at the OFC.

Hey, I saw that over there. Cool! Post it right here! /fake mod

:lol:

Hey, I saw that YSRN. We're not all on the West Coast tonight. /ACTUAL Mod. :cryingwlaughter:

Maddy, you can post it right here in the main thread. Also, since it's nice to keep the concert stuff together, you can put it in the Syracuse thread here.

Look forward to reading you relative's impressions!

I’ve never met Clay, but lately fortune has smiled on me

in Syracuse, New York.

A relative of mine is a member of the Syracuse Symphony

Orchestra who played for Clay on July 18th.

She was aware that I’m a v.v. enthusiastic Clay fan, and

went out of her way to do me a favor.

Here were her original comments in an email, with more

to follow in a letter: (all with her permission)

We had an afternoon rehearsal with him, and he was very

nice to work with. He had two women singing with him

(Angela and Quiana), and they were really good. They

did some solo numbers.

The audience really liked him, and they screamed a lot.

As you can well imagine, our regular audiences don’t

do much screaming.

There were sound shields up (the drummer completely

encased in Plexiglas), but it was still really loud, mainly

because of the audience.

Clay’s group was quite adamant about not having people

backstage, so I asked our stage manager to ask about

an autograph. He spoke with Angela, and she arranged it.

From letter:

Clay Aiken was very nice to work with.

I think he’s better looking in person than on this picture -

and he’s good looking in that one!

th_CLAYSummer07SYRa.jpg

He has a nice voice, a really easy, pleasant delivery,

and great rapport with the audience.

He brought his own conductor, who had done most of

the arrangements, his drummer, and the two vocalists

(who were excellent). The conductor was also the

pianist and conducted from the piano.

The winds (one oboe, one flute, one alto sax doubling

flute, and one tenor sax) didn’t have a lot to play.

I had a few solos in the first couple of songs.

The rest of the orchestration was brass (2 horns,

2 trumpets, and 2 trombones), a lot of interesting

percussion, more keyboards, and strings.

I spoke with Angela, who said that she has been

touring with the group for about four years.

They have a great ensemble.

Clay was very complimentary to the orchestra.

He told the audience that he likes the sound and

Feel of playing with a big, full orchestral sound.

I asked Angela to tell Clay that you are his most

Ardent fan in Texas.

==========================================================

Hee!

Clay signed the back of the above Syr Symphony

Card--- (my name) Use your voice, Clay Aiken

and the date.

His handwriting, which we've seen so much was exciting to see (especially my name!eeeee!)

I have his autograph in his book which we ordered from Dover Press, but it wasn't personalized. Now I finally had a personal autograph.

It was so nice of Clay to do that, considering all the

hundreds of things he has to do to prepare for a

show. I’m grateful to him, Angela, the stage

manager, and my dear sweet relative!

She didn't know very much about Clay before that concert. Now she has a high opinion of him.

===============================================================

Someone please tell me how to post a pic here from Photobucket. I have a braincloud and forget.

Thanx! It worked that time.

Edited by Maddy

Hi Maddy,

You put use the img code that is under the photobucket picture, just copy and paste. Or... you could make a thumbnail - check the photo and it should be a choice at the bottom of the page. it would them bring you t a page with the thumbnail code - just copy and paste.

Now... will your relative buy the album? ok, ok, don't beat me, I can't help it if I stll think about sales.

ETA there are 4 codes - you want img, not url

Edited due to lap top hell.

Edited by playbiller

Maddy - on posting a photo:

I think there is a little window that gives you the url for posting the photo, isn't there?

(I don't have a photobucket acct)

But also... you can copy the url of the photo from the address bar, and on the "New Post" window for the board, click the little photo right on top of the white window, and paste the photo's url in the little window that pops up and click OK.

Hope that helps!!

ooops! play beat me to it!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Hey, I saw that over there. Cool! Post it right here! /fake mod

:lol:

Two more of those and of course you become an official mod. LOL

WOW, we have had a blast today. Since part of our day involves KAndre I can't wait to be a part of one of her recaps. We laughed soooo much at the winery and now we're just lounging around waiting for the will call line to go down before we go get our tickets. Our room is overlooking the venue and we were able to watch rehearsals from our room. No Clay that I could see.

Don't know if she posted yet but bad news is that Carrie's team lost. Good news is that we're picking her up in plenty of time for the Greek. YAY another driver!! Not that that's is the only reason I'm happy she's coming. heee.

we will be able to check in more tonight!!

Email received from the BAF and Aron Hall:

Dear Supporter,

As you may be aware, Bubel/Aiken Foundation co-founder Clay Aiken is appearing on a celebrity edition of “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?” hosted by Jeff Foxworthy on FOX. The show will air later, but Clay is taping his episode on August 28. For more info on the show, copy and paste this web address into your internet browser:

http://fox.com/areyousmarter/

Beyond receiving the amazing exposure the show will bring, the Foundation will receive at least a $25,000 donation from the show. Anything beyond the $25,000 that Clay earns by answering "elementary" questions will also be donated to the Foundation. He will need to answer 6 questions to get beyond the minimum. 11 questions correct means the Foundation will receive a $1 MILLION check from the show.

We would like to issue a challenge to all of you. We would like you to pledge an amount for each correct answer Clay gives on the show. Whether it's 50 cents or 100 dollars, every amount will help us get closer to our goal of 100 Let's ALL Play camps in 2008.

If you would like to make a pledge, simply reply to this email (pledge@bubelaiken.org) with your pledge amount. We would like to receive all pledges by August 21 when we will announce the total pledges made. After the show, we will announce the number of correct answers (we're going to assume 11) and then you can make your donations online at www.bubelaiken.org or send in a check or money order to:

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation

ATTN: Smarter Pledge

8601 Six Forks Road

Suite 400

Raleigh, NC 27615

If you are a member of a Beta Alpha Chapter, you can include the chapter name with your donation and your chapter will receive the credit.

Also, and this is a big ALSO, why not take this opportunity to pass on this challenge to your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors? This not only will help with this particular drive, but can also spread more awareness about the Foundation.

Thank you so much for your support!

Sincerely,

Aron Hall

Director Services

I've got a big prostate and you cannot lie,

you other hamsters can't deny,

when a hamster walks in with a huge prostate

you get... JEALOUS

And now I'm :lmaosmiley-1: because it seems the classics medley is a tribute to his beloved Peanut.

BWAH!!!! I almost choked to death laughing when I read this in Chicago the other night... I used to read that "song" but not to the tune of BGB. :cryingwlaughter: /delayed response

Two more of those and of course you become an official mod. LOL

Oh, shit!

Don't know if she posted yet but bad news is that Carrie's team lost. Good news is that we're picking her up in plenty of time for the Greek. YAY another driver!! Not that that's is the only reason I'm happy she's coming. heee.

Awesome! God, I'm crawling out of my skin not being there. It needs to go by so I can stop loading expedia.com and staring at my car keys!

:scream:

Have fun tonight!!!!!!!!!

Edited by YSRN

Some fans like to create their own hopes and dreams angst by projecting unrealistic or unlikely (IMO) scenarios, like an album out by early next year, ready to tour on by summer, and then when those projections don't come true, they blame Clay get all upset. I just don't see the point of it, myself. I am not counting on anything being ready by next year. If it is, woo hoo! I'll be first in line to buy the album and attend the concerts. If it's longer, no problem, I'll still be first in line whenever it gets here! However, I think my online presence will diminish for a while. :lol: I just don't need to get sucked into the angst like last time. Been there, done that, tried to talk reason for a long time, but it's like beating your head against a wall. Doesn't seem to accomplish anything, and it hurts. So this time I probably won't bother. However, it'll be nice to have this place to call home.

Amen, sistah! I'm not the least bit interested in hearing a bunch of whining and worst case scenario-ing for the next year. I'd rather eeeeee and sqeeeee and let Clay run his career!!!

==========================================================

Hee!

Clay signed the back of the above Syr Symphony

Card--- (my name) Use your voice, Clay Aiken

and the date.

Thank you Maddy for sharing that great story!!

So I went to do stuff for my mom today and hang out, and I was telling her about the Cary concert and Asheville coming up, and I had to tell her a few times because she doesn't remember things too well, and out of the blue she said, "We don't say that word [Cary] like that around here." Hee!! She corrected my pronounciation of Cary! Guess I've been hanging around with too many furreners.

HI from Pala!!!!!

our view from our room...

post-2-1186189260_thumb.jpgpost-2-1186189355_thumb.jpg

We are at the ninth floor and the room is gorgeous. Its big..with big beds and fluffy pillow...huge wooden armoires...and the bathroom has a deep tub and seperate shower. Very nice...but the best thing...is the view looking down to the stage and the pool area.

This trip has been fantastic. We went to a winery in between the San Diego and Pala and met Kandre!!!We had wine tasting...6 glasses of wine (not full of course)...cheese crackers...and gooood conversation. We laughed and chatted until it was time for KAndre to pick up Scarlette from the airport. We then got party stuff like margarita ingredients and chips and salsa and found Pala with no problem...with the help of morticia.

I haven't caught up with the boards...so I don;t really know what the controversies are in the fandom. But I really think people should stop taking what Clay says seriously...he is teasing the audiecne and looking for reactions. We just enjoy the banter and the singing and each other.

I really wish you all could be with us...but we will try to give you guys updates later.

EEEEEEEEEEE! Ansa's in Pala! What a great view from your room!!!! Too bad Clay wasn't at the sound check. And the winery sounds like a lot of fun.

YSRN, if you make that trip to the show...pick me up in Illinois first? Pweeze? *g*

georgiaclay, I see you down there! *waves and :F_05BL17blowkiss: *

So, what is the correct pronunciation of Cary?

I think it rhymes with ferry, unless folks pronounce that word differently in different places too. I would say keh-ree, but it's not the Canadian eh. Apparently I have become corrupted and say ca (as in cat) ree.

Ansa, the view from your room in gorgeous!!

No one believes I know how to pronounce Cary, but we used to have a call center there, until it went to India. I always wondered what people did for work after that, I guess they were like a lot of people and just went to work for Clay. As opposed to those of us who have to work to get money to see Clay - oops, not me anymore - still living on savings.

Wow, with a view like that, I be you don't even have to b uy tickets to the venue! Except, you usually prefer to sit closer. Hee. Have ablast tonight and don't worry about angst.

Can we change the motto to no angst here?

I reserve the right to angst occasionally. :P

But you don't have to.

I'm angsting right now actually... I wanna BE AT THE SHOW!!!!!!

*sniff*

Sowy. OK, you can angst. I trust you not to get maudlin.

Sowy. OK, you can angst. I trust you not to get maudlin.

Hee. Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I looked at flights today. Just dreamin'. *sigh* I can't stand that I'm not going to any more.