August 2, San Diego, California

Something happened at the end of the Jefferson thing that caused a huge rip of laughter from the audience....Does anybody think Angela is sounding especially screechy tonight? He's chatting...talking about the table configuration making people drink but stay seated---now talking to the people on the sides, asking if they had to PAY for those seats? Don't move too much or you might just fall right in that water...

Now talking about the same 3,000 people at each show, etc. artquest is doing the cellcert and I often hear a man laughing--wonder if it's Mr. Artquest? :RedGuy:

TOA...Hope CG is enjoying this---her favorite... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by muskifest

Snarking on the fans with the tables and the seats and the drinks.

Talking about bringing the same 3,000 people to his shows. Telling the orchestra to get their own 3,000 fans.

TOA!

\they are not availabe ..hands off. 3000 people.. here is another one..major screaming..from the pages of your life.. reach out for tommorw.. these open arms .. pull us through.. these open arms.....will wait for you...crowd is silent..breathing his breath...his words. his passion..his desire..he is laying it on.. pulling out all stops.. chill

"When doing interviews, I always get asked about who my favorite singers are. I didn't buy a lot of records when I was young. Saw James Taylor in concert. Back to the LP's -- 12 LPs for a penny." Asking his mom what else he got, except Crystal Gayle. She can't remember! "The people on the radio don't do it for me. They don't play Clay Aiken! The people I think are the most talented are these two ladies right here. Sing something for us Quiana." What a sweetie.

WTLGD.

No good stuff on the radio..."God knows you never hear Clay Aiken!"....giving props to Q & A, so is asking Q to come forward to sing....Now she goes into WTLGD.

I saw over at CH how people are mourning the fact that Clay seems to have given up singing in his low register on HYCA...is that so?

I didn't catch that muski, but it's hard to hear on the cellstream honestly. I thought HYCA sounded good.

He didn't mention anything about an intermission, did he? And has he left the stage, or is he watching Quiana sing like he did at Newark?

Talking about interview at 8 (before he fell back asleep) and how it never fails that he gets asked if Simon is really that mean.

Also always asked about favorite singers.

Talking about when he was young and you could get 12 LPs for a penny - aside that he feels old because it was so long ago they were LPs back in the day (not CDs).

He got a Crystal Gayle album and is laughing so hard. He's asking his mother and someone keeps shouting out. I'm talking to her!

But his mama doesn't remember so he says all anyone is going to remember is that Clay Aiken bought a Crystal Gayle CD.

Introducing his favorite singers. Asked Quiana if she would sing for them

black striped shirt and jeans

Edited by playbiller

He did say he didn't think he could follow that (Quiana's peformance) so he wasn't going to try---gonna take a break...

Per: artquest---George Jefferson dance was inspired...just let the spirit move him...wouldn't stop---took him forever to catch his breath...hilarious. Thinks we'll have clack of everything! Beautiful night. Clay's mom here over to the side. Angela has family/friends here...some elderly lady in front she's smiling at...

IWTKWLI...Clay picked up mic and looked at Angela, but it was Q that joined in....and he whipped his head around like he was surprised. At end...he wouldn't stop improvising so Q finally

non-rivet jeans, shirttail out, dark shirt with light penstripes...very pale---tan is gone---he's very skinny! Hair looks awesome, longer...bangs longer looks great...can't tell about stubble and with long sleeves no arm fur report!

BWAH!

Intermission time.

CV cellcerter says we've seen shirt before, but can't remember what show. Still has the AIW hair. Slip on black boots/shoes. No jacket.

The girls aren't feeding him a lot of funny tonight, as his sidekicks, but he's still getting lots of laughs.

Kept doing the Jefferson's dance after the song was over. Fell down on his knees, so the girls came over and started cooling him down. Hee.

Not a big standing ovation crowd. The setup with chairs and tables keeps people sitting down.

The tan is gone.

Clay fans from Japan in Kimonos, they are so happy, they are bouncing up and down. They are going to tomorrow's show as well. Only 1 can speak english, one has a meet an greet. she brought gifts for team clay jackets.

Now they are after cell phones???

Edited by playbiller

Orchestra is wonderful...guy running the jumbotron is cracking up at Clay's jokes, etc. First violinist/cellist not so 'into' the funny....so even though some reports from CB says Clack will be hard to come by cuz the police are out....but artquest says shouldn't have problem...

NJU story...someone had extra tickets...overheard an elderly couple talking in the parking lot that he liked Clay AIken...and so she gave him the tickets! COOL!

THere were camera police checking at the entrance---took some people's...

Tan completely gone....so maybe he'll grow out the arm hair again...

Someone in a full kimono...Japanese visitors...artquest talking to them...they're saying hello to the cellcert! They're going to tomorrow night's concert, too! Cool...

That's cool about the Japanese fans.

If spot's there, there will be clack.

People seated near security are having a hard time with clack, but others are having no problem.

I enjoy this song, but it's really lickiest1 and atinal's song....

He's really throwing some change ups into this tonight. Very cool! Don't know what's up with the clapping to the beat though.

SSTBTHW....which sounds to be fantastic. The voice really shows on this one, IMO. Love that last note so much.

Right into MOAM. I really love Jesse's arrangement of this song....it was never my favorite off that album, but live with an orchestra is simply thrilling.

It sounds like he's wailing on this too. He wails a lot, doesn't he? *g*

WOW!...sounds like MOAM really got a great reaction from the audience! YEAY!

Sean's sister is here tonight...he's trying to embarrass her by calling her out...she came from Dallas...anybody here from San Diego (lots of cheering)...

Last time I checked my name was still on the ticket---something to somebody in the audience who's talking...now he's chatting with somebody from Virginia...he's teasing how some people pronounce 'roof" like "rough"...now acknowledging the Japanese visitors, mentioning the kimonos...remarking how far back they are "might as well have stayed in Japan!" BWAH!

Now talking about how long it took to get the last album done and "You think THAT was long...just wait till you see how long the next one's gonna take!" Then he said, "If you keep sitting down in those chairs, there won't be another album, I don't think!"

WY....did he say something about this song becoming his favorite or one of hte favorites from the album?

Edited by muskifest

Sean's sister is in the audience. She came in from Dallas. More than a few people from Dallas.

Talking to a M&G person, from Virginia. Thought she was from Canada. Asking her what's on the top of a house, and she can't come up with "roof."

Now talking about the Japanese fans -- who are sitting WAY in the back. "They might as well have stayed in Japan!!!!" Bought their kimonos at the Benihana down the street. *g*

Lost his train of thought...asking Quiana for help, she's not helping.

"Took a long time off after the Christmas album. If you thought there was a long time between the last album, wait for the next album!!" "If you're not out of your chairs, you'll be waiting for a new album until 2012." I love that snarky man.

WY now.

My favorites on this CD change around, but SSTBTHW has always been one of my favorites. I really like RHW and couldn't understand all of the fan hate for the song when the track list came out. I think what helped with me is that I didn't listen to top 40 in the 80s so I didn't get sick of these songs like some did. Plus I often like Clay's versions of songs better than originals so while I'm always happy to get new music from Clay, I wasn't one who was wailing over him doing a covers CD. After I hear him sing something live I'm a gonner anyway....

Edited by atinal

I noticed that muski. What's funny is that I think we're listening to different streams -- but we're both hearing it fairly clearly.

WY always seems to bring the house down...figuratively, of course.

"We were going to do our Bach medley, but decided against it." BWAH!!

"Jesse argued with me about finding a fast song, as he always does."

TWYMMF now. Time to stand up!!!!

I don't personally remember that, but I've been told about it by others. I could use a Coke right now, I'm starting to drag, even with the pretty cool concert going on.

He's such a silly man. I'd love to hear him sing this all the way through, and yet, I think he gets a real kick out of making the fans do some of the work too.

"DON'T SIT DOWN!!!!"

"Every single show where there are tables....it's like people are in their own kitchen."

Asking the girls how long they've known him. Now he's acting as host of his own talk show...asking Quiana about how cool he his.

The people on the radio are "the pinnacle of cool." This sounds like such good snark to me. I've loved the way this "cool" schtick is working out. (See: my new location).

Meanwhile, waiting for Quiana to get a new microphone.

Asked Jesse to find the coolest songs he could find. "I like big butts...."