Merrillville, IN -- December 22, 2007

luckiest1

http://www.radisson.com/webExtra.do?hotelC...ebextra.dinings.

the raddison has a pub and a lounge open until midnight. I'll see what else is nearby.

There's an Unos 1 1/2 miles away..according to Mapquest..but that could be bogus

http://1801.unotogo.com/zgrid/proc/site/si...id=aiHa7L1twDi7

I'll look into it on my lunch...

I have snagged a package deal for this show, and have managed to upgrade my seats! Therefore, I have two tickets for MF6, Row P to sell. Cost is $75 for both, or best offer.

As for an FCA afterparty -- I don't know where I got that about Buffalo Wild Wings. It must have been a figment of my imagination. (Maybe it's the Aiken fog?) Anyway, I simply don't remember there being any place CLOSE to the theater that we can commandeer for an afterparty. I guess I'm thinking that if someone is willing to loan a room for a party, that's probably going to be our best bet. I'll have a cooler with me probably, and would be willing to bring some munchies too. My thought is that if we can find a place, everyone can try to find me after the show (I'll post a link to a picture of myself), and I can direct them to where we're going.

But I'm also open to any other ideas.

Hee, couchie is quick!

OK..how about this...

UNOs bar and grill

That's the mapquest directions...menu link above

They're open until midnight. I called and they said they could accomodate a group...

If this is ok..we just need to chime in with a number. I told them I'd verify in a couple of days.

Oh, so you went to the other side of the expressway? And we're driving? Well, OK then.

If it's anything like the UNO around here, it's good food, and they have LOTS of different kinds of beers, from the world over.

I'll be there, although it may be a short party for me, as I'll have to be on the road by 7:45 a.m. the next morning. couchie, I'm holding you to having breakfast with me at 7:00 a.m. *g* I'll have to check with hubby to see if he wants to come to the afterparty; I may just tuck him in and let him get some sleep, since he'll probably do the bulk of the driving the next day.

Is there anyone else here with the package deal that includes dinner? If so, what time did ya'll sign up for? I'm in for 5:30, but if everyone else is a different time, I can change that.

I am going to be with other people, some who are not members here, need to check with them since they are my ride but I would love to be there!

Kim

This is part of the PM conversation the eHP had yesterday about our Minnesota, Omaha, Merrillville trip. I changed real names to screen names.

Is any part of my body going to exposed to the killing cold that is all over the news today?

KAndre

No. It supposed to warm up to 30 degrees by the time we get there. Damn. Scarlett and I were hoping you wouldn't notice the killing cold. If it makes you happy, I'll pick you up at the airport instead of making you wait for the shuttle.

Solo

"Warm up to 30 degress" is such a total oxymoronic phrase I'm surprised the computer allowed you to type it in. Yeah, right, I was supposed to miss the ice covered bodies strewn about the Midwest....

PerusingOne, I have no idea how we were talked into this...

KAndre

If there's an ice storm I won't be able to make them budge but I can probably round up the posse and get them to Uno's if I warm up the car first.

This is part of the PM conversation the eHP had yesterday about our Minnesota, Omaha, Merrillville trip. I changed real names to screen names.

Is any part of my body going to exposed to the killing cold that is all over the news today?

KAndre

No. It supposed to warm up to 30 degrees by the time we get there. Damn. Scarlett and I were hoping you wouldn't notice the killing cold. If it makes you happy, I'll pick you up at the airport instead of making you wait for the shuttle.

Solo

"Warm up to 30 degress" is such a total oxymoronic phrase I'm surprised the computer allowed you to type it in. Yeah, right, I was supposed to miss the ice covered bodies strewn about the Midwest....

PerusingOne, I have no idea how we were talked into this...

KAndre

If there's an ice storm I won't be able to make them budge but I can probably round up the posse and get them to Uno's if I warm up the car first.

Aren't we going to Unos at Omaha already? I can do both but I'm just sayin' that Merrillville has a lot more options than Omaha. I can do Unos both nights if need be but having driven around both towns late at night on a weekend Omaha's Unos seemed to be the only possibility while Merrillville had blocks and blocks of choices. (then again, we were kinda too loud and oohed to much at the omaha unos that they might not let us in again. wait, kareneh and vwp won't be there this time and so maybe I can pull the innocent look)

FCA POST PARTY ATTENDING LIST

Spikesmom and Sis (2)

LdyJ and hubby (2)

Couchie

eHP (4)

lucky

cindilu

crimsonice

disneykid

MAYBES

AIKim and her posse heee

Scarlett if you know of a better place let me know. I just didn't want the time to get away and we don't have a place set before everyone takes off.

Don't know anything about UNOs in Omaha... FCA isn't set yet (unless I missed something). Maybe that's a different pre thingie.

eeeeeeeee a real party..heee 13 so far.

ETA: sowwy ..it's...we're meeting AFTER the concert...

hee and I'll be at the buffet as well.

FCA PRE PARTY ATTENDING LIST

Whoa! I thought this was for after the concert. Our tickets were part of a package that included a buffet dinner so that's where we'll be before the show.

Are we all just going to meet at Uno's afterwards? Is there a secret handshake that we need to give to the hostess to let them know we're part of the rowdy FCA crowd? Or are we going to try and convoy over from the hotel/theater?

I'm also pinning this topic right now, since I won't be available to do it tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow night, jmh will have a good road map to find this thread. (You know I love you babe.... :F_05BL17blowkiss: )

Make that 12 plus aikim's party. My husband is probably going to go back to the room and sleep after the concert, since he'll be doing the bulk of the driving to Minnesota the next day.

If his back will let him, that is. His back gave him a major spasm this morning, and I'm hoping he'll be good to drive on Sunday. (I can do the driving tomorrow....)

Anyway, I'll be partying alone with you guys. Hold me.

Hoping we can all meet you at UNO's; our driver is the girl who was the interpreter for the the fans from Japan last summer and she is bringing one of the girls with her. I think it is so cool that this girl came all the way from Japan for the Christmas show! I know she wants to experience everything about the fandom; so I think this would be fun for her. E-mail has been sent, so just waiting to hear back.

Kim