1999 - keepingfaith

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - keepingfaith

Oops, I Did It Again - lickiest1

OPP - KAndre

Yeah - KAndre

SexyBack - lickiest1

Achy Breaky Heart - lickiest1

Opposites Attract - KAndre

Beat It - FearofH2O (hell, there were enough zombies in the audience!)

Listen - cindilu2

Lover All Alone - jmh123

Because You Loved Me - ldyjocelyn

hi jacked the latest Kandre list...hee

Criteria:

Vocal (just great, change ups, moments of perfections, funnies?)

Audio quality (wavs vs. mp3 vs mp4, cleanliness, background noise, completeness?)

Audience noise (constant shriking, muttering in the background, loud comments?)

orchestra quality

This is what i got from this mornings post...if people want to change anything like the criteria and have suggestion on how we do it...feel free to post.

the assignments are not set in stone...those that have more than one can tell me what they want to prioritize. Those songs that have more than 1 people interested...y'all can figure it out then post on this thread.

should we have a time limit for the recommendation??? September 30

Heh.

Well, we should get it up before the Christmas tour, I think.

Well, that's what I did with the last Christmas tour -- I had my recommendation up 2 weeks before the DCAT tour, I believe.

That's why I'm only volunteering for one song. If I do any more, I'll be doing this until 2010.

I also think that maybe we should wait about a week or so to let the last clack flow in. There's still stuff appearing from the California shows at this point. And then, we need to make sure Scarlett gets her stuff in too!

Whee! I love both the girl's songs, and I can listen to them without the Fog taking over my brain :-)

I hope nobody expects real technical critique though - I just don't listen to music that way. Do we have to post a review of each venue, or just our bottom line recommendation (she typed hopefully).

Last time we just gave our top 3 recommendation...or a bitmore when people are really not sure.

I think each one gave reasons why they made their choices.

I think ultimately a person may choose different versions from each recommendation when thye make their personal ultimate list. I for one am willing to tolerate cheers and background noise for a Version that has a lot of great change ups...so I may choose something that was lower in the recommended list.

Yeah, top three works for me.

So now I need to rip the audio from every version of RHW, WISYS, and bits of the TV medley and Classics medley from every venue and load them on my iPod. *makes note to pack a notebook & pen* That will definitely give me something to do while I relax under a tarp at the campground this weekend, where it looks like it may rain every.single.day. :P

If we plan to put the recommended mp3s up on the site somewhere, I can help to rip the required audio from the video files, if we agree beforehand on a bit rate.

Edited by lickiest1

Yeah, top three works for me.

So now I need to rip the audio from every version of RHW, WISYS, and bits of the TV medley and Classics medley from every venue and load them on my iPod. *makes note to pack a notebook & pen* That will definitely give me something to do while I relax under a tarp at the campground this weekend, where it looks like it may rain every.single.day. :P

If we plan to put the recommended mp3s up on the site somewhere, I can help to rip the required audio from the video files, if we agree beforehand on a bit rate.

thanks lickiest I think we can put it up in FCA media...

I'm all about the 320 bit rate, but it's up to couchie if there's a bandwidth issue. I know most people don't care that much. I can easily make my own.

I still have a bunch of files from lickiest that I was going to cull the banter/applause/extraneous beginnings and ends from, and haven't done so. So I haven't finished my job from last Christmas - LOL. I think after I did that we were going to have a poll and put up the winners at FCA media as a best-of collection. Sorry. Maybe one of these days I'll get that done. And the speeches and snippets and whatever else I was supposed to have done ages ago. (Story of my life these days.)

That's cool--like I said, I can make my own. So isn't there a list somewhere more current? I'm pretty sure I saw two names on both my songs, for sharing and stuff, which is very cool with me.

Copying my post over from main for consistency's sake. KAndre has me doing Different Strokes now, and also Sexy Back.

Can I trade Different Strokes for The Jeffersons? Would make my life easier, since then I'd have 3 in row - Welcome Back Kotter, The Jeffersons and All In The Family. I can also take Like A Virgin and Oops I Did It Again to complete the Classics medley, since I'm gonna be loading it up anyways.

Question:

When there are audio sets (like the ones from deborah760), is there any way to just get one song?

I think you can cut them down... but I'm not sure how. I'll look at my tools and see if I can figure it out. I wonder if moviemaker imports mp3s. I'll go look.

eta... ooo, cool, Gibby, thanks!! :)

Edited by YSRN

OMG...I just read this page and realize that I'm doing a half-assed job at my assignment! I've only downloaded the audio versions of MOAM at the concerts. There are some concerts where there is only one person's recording and that's all I downloaded. I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no audio from video (chirps Prissy in GWTW)

So I'm just gonna listen to the audio versions that I have and then I'll worry about the rest "tahmahrah" (says Scarlett in GWTW.)

OMG...I just read this page and realize that I'm doing a half-assed job at my assignment! I've only downloaded the audio versions of MOAM at the concerts. There are some concerts where there is only one person's recording and that's all I downloaded. I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no audio from video (chirps Prissy in GWTW)

So I'm just gonna listen to the audio versions that I have and then I'll worry about the rest "tahmahrah" (says Scarlett in GWTW.)

Someone else can always make audio from a video if the versions you recommend don't have mp3s posted already. Scarlett always posts audio, as does spot, but jojoct doesn't, and her stuff is good. MBlovesClay gets good sound, and her mp3s are posted, likewise jtgranny, LauraQ, and 4192spooky; some of dlh7777's mp3s have a bit rate of only 64, so her sound may be better those might indicate. I think most of the folks with good audio have mp3s available these days, but do check out jojoct's videos if you can.

You can use a tool like the MEDA mp3 splitter, found at this link:

http://www.medafan.com/

There's a free download if you want to try it before buying - or could just use it for this project and then not buy it! I've found it pretty easy to use.

Does it work with a Mac???

And how easy is pretty easy??

I'm sorry, CG - I just went and looked at the site, and it's a windows program. Darn it! :(

Muski, there's another freebie out there that can rip audio from video, and I find it very easy to use. It's the IM Too Mpeg encoder. It's a windows based program, too, but I seem to recall that you have the Mac with the Windows capabiity. Anyway, if you're interested, here it is:

http://www.imtoo.com/mpeg-encoder.html

But if it's easier, like jmh said, someone could rip it for you.

Edited by Gibby

What I did last year was evaluate the videos with my eyes closed...seriously. Then if the best audio comes from a video I just recommended it and our volunteers, jmh and lucky ripped the audio and made it available...or will make it available for download from FCAM.