FCA recommends...DCAT SONGS...

Ansamcw

Everybody only need make your recommendations.

We will then need people to do whatever ripping is necessary.

Ansa, Lucky, or I will do the uploading and setting up the recommendations page on FCA.

(So Toots, if you know what's what, you work is done. Gibby if you can rip her recommendation, great.)

The uploading will be the last step

I'll be done by Friday. Thanks to all for your help. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!!!!!

I'm Back!

Thanks for all you help but I have one more question.....

Does the audio degrade when you rip it fom the video? That will probably be a consideration in my selections.

Here You Come Again

This was tricky. First song of the evening, people excited and talking, squeeing, Clay coming in, singing from backstage sounding like he was underwater for the start of the song, all made for a difficult choice. Luckily, I love this song, so I didn’t mind sorting through all the cuts. Thanks to bottlecap who made a couple mp3s for me, (kicks stupid computer) plus some I listened to from video, I think I found a couple nice ones, all from audio cuts.

I just want to say that I had no idea there we so many variances in this song. I even listened to many of the streams of the concerts and never caught the differences. Some shows Clay sang this song as if he just stepped out of the recording studio, on other versions he changed the pacing, left out bridges, extended notes freakishly long and left off endings. I sat around asking myself, ‘what the heck was that?!’ quite a lot. I think if I had nothing else to do in my life, (what? I do have a life, really I do) I’d go back and try to match up some of the more unusual to see if he continued to change up some, or more, of the other songs during that show. Just wondered if some of it was just the mood he was in for that evening.

No.1: Asheville, 4192spooky. Nice orchestra with not too much fan chatter, either before or during the song. There is some reverberation in the middle, but it’s not bad. The outdoor venues were much better for that problem in general. This is a nice solid version, strong on both vocals and orchestration.

No.2: Ft Meyers, also 4192spooky. Strong musically, with not too much fan chatter. Clay is in fine voice with a classic version of his song, if just a bit soft sounding on the vocals in some spots.

That’s it, only two clear recommendations, but I have a bunch of honorable mentions. They are all wonderfully unique.

Frisco, Laura Q. Clay shouting out ‘Happy 4th of July, Texas!’ in the middle is just way too much fun!

Canandaigua, canfly172: Probably the version isn’t that important, because what you’ll hear on all of them is a lot of fan talk. After the very beginning when Clay realizes he’s trapped at the back of the venue you hear the fans laughter and comments escalate. It’s audio, so you’ll have to imaging the poor guy as he figure out the way to go. It’s ok, you’ll be laughing too.

Pala, 4192spooky. The best audio/sound quality for the night…and the longest ‘go’ in history. He’s down for the long count. Freakin’ amazing. He holds the next to last ‘here we go’ through his entire rest, (the portion that is usually just instrumental) and then when he finally stops he doesn’t even try to catch his breath, but launches right into the next verse.

Sterling Heights, huskerfalcon: Sadly, I think this would have actually been my no.1 pick if not for the camera nazi shouting in the middle of the song and Clay hitting a wobbly note or two, on the word ‘again.’ The sound is clear and strong with very little background chatter. Little, to no, reverberation or ‘underwater’ sound either. At the concert Clay said to Jesse that he liked the ‘sound’ of this orchestra, that it was somehow different. Jesse explained (something) about the way they played regarding the ‘beat’, as opposed to other orchestras. I Googled, Johnny Trudell’s orchestra is noted for it’s big band and jazz sounds. They are not a symphonic orchestra. I first listened to all the cuts blind and picked this orchestra out as being more up-tempo, but I’m not sure that is even a good description. I would say they came the closest to the CD cut. Clay hitting the wonky note I chalked it up to it being the day after riding all those coasters at Cedar Point and this being the first song of the night. If nothing else, I would recommend giving this version a listen.

Full House and Welcome Back Kotter

I evaluated the songs based on the quality of the voices, the acoustics at the venue and the great clack gathering that took place.

Never having been to a Clay concert made me appreciate the voice he uses in concert vs the recorded voice. There is no comparison to the concert voice and you have to wonder why they can't get it!

It was difficult to only select only a few but after playing them over and over and over and over......I couldn't leave any one of these unmentioned.

1. Houston....Scarlett. The quality of the sound is so sharp and clear as are the vocals. Acoustics are very good. I would also recommend this for a download of the TV medleys because the flow of the songs was good.

1. Sterling Heights...Canfly172. Tied with Houston for the same reasons.

2. Atlanta...Luvbenmeg. Right up there with #1 but I felt that the audience participation got a bit in the way of the songs. The banter was hilarious.

3. Chautaugua..JoJo. Part 2 for Full House and Welcome Back Kotter. The audio was clear and sharp. I would recommend this one for the complete TV Medley because he was so funny and chatty.

4. Ashville..Invisible926. Great voice, sharp and clear sound.

5. Tampa..DLH7777 and Canfly172. Audio, sharp and clean. Voices good.

6. Indio..Soptlightlover. Good voices, clear audio.

7. West Palm Beach...Spotlightlover and DLH7777. Some bad notes from the orchestra but the clarity was very good. Lot's of banter and audience singing may not make this desireable but I wanted to make note of the quality of the clack.

I was also impressed with the beautiful quality of Spooky's clack but most didn't apply to the songs I was evaluating.

I tried to make sure I had something for everyone!

Like A Virgin

1. Frisco by jojoct: There was no way I couldn't make this #1, since it's the only time Clay sang it! :) This file is v.v. clear with minimal audience noise.

2. Asheville by Hereforclay58: This is probably the goofiest performance of the song ever, with Clay interjecting all sorts of funny stuff while Angela is singing, but hey, I like that sort of thing. ;) It's beautiful quality audio, to boot.

3. San Diego by jojoct: Clay mentions Madonna at the beginning but does not do his usual "uuuuuuuh". Very nice orchestration and sound.

4. Newark by Scarlett: Very clear, some audience noise and clapping, with a big "Uhhhhhhhhh" from Clay. :RedGuy:

5. Tulsa by spotlightlover: Clear audio, some audience noise, small "aaah" from Clay.

Oops I Did It Again

1. Cary by jojoct: Very little audience noise, orchestra very prominent.

2. Atlanta by luvbenmeg: Some audience noise, very nice vocal.

3. Tulsa by spotlightlover: Bit of a growly ending changes things up a bit.

4. Newark by Scarlett: Some audience noise, prominent "wit your heart". ;)

5. Tampa by spotlightlover: A bit echoey, and lots of laughter.

Bringing Sexy Back

1. Cary by jojoct: Very clear audio, hardly any audience noise, definitely campy. :)

2. Frisco by jojoct: Clear audio, hardly any audience noise, no campiness.

3. Sterling Heights by huskerfalcon: Some audience noise, very clear.

4. Newark by Scarlett: A bit echoey, some audience noise, but clear.

5. Chautauqua by jojoct: Some audience noise, clear.

Achy Breaky Heart

1. Cary by jojoct: Very little audience noise, some sing-a-long, and Clay being goofy. Superior audio - almost sounds like it was recorded from the soundboard.

2. Sterling Heights by huskerfalcon: Little audience noise, some sing-a-long but sung fairly straight.

3. West Palm Beach by jojoct: Some clapping and audience noise, sing-a-long, lots of goofiness and a very loud "WHAT?" from Clay. :)

4. San Diego by jojoct: Prominent orchestration, a little audience noise, sing-a-long and a bit of goofiness.

5. Indio by spotlightlover: Some audience noise, some goofiness, and a sing-a-long.

This has definitely been a labour of love. :wub:

Edited by luckiest1

Everything I Have:

This was frickin' hard people - people had mainly settled down a little from the entrance, Clay didn't play playfully with this - I've got at least 12 good to great renditions. It's because of hot shit incredible selections like this that I'm opening this damn 500G ext. HD. I have 4 others. I am looking at TB HDs to find something to back all this stuff up on. In general, though, you can't go wrong with pulling audio from Scarlett. That damn obvious mike takes beautiful audio. And whatever the hell 4912spooky uses is simply sublime for vocals.

OK, I cut this down as much as was physically possible for me.

1) 070812_Knoxville_EIH_stacia: Clay is just glorious on this and really demonstrates how seemingly minor changes just make for a sublime experience. I would give up someone else's kidney for a copy of Scarlett's or the fan formerly known as mime_fan or 4192spooky- the audio quality is good, just not great, but this is number one because the vocal quality just totally kicks all kinds of ass.

2) 070811_Asheville_08_EIH_4192spooky: The audio quality is unbelievable. I'm in my living room, playing this on my Denon 5.1 system - and I would swear I was back in Asheville only with no bugs and bats.

3) 070816_FortMyers_EIH_Scarlett: This is how studio Clay should sound. The balance is perfection - an incredibly rich tone.

4) 070706_Houston_EIH_Scarlett: No audience noise. None. One little blip in the recording at 3:00 minutes, and Clay is a touch undermiked. But the vocalist and the orchestra just make beautiful music together.

5) 070817_Tampa_EIH_SlowandEasy&Scarlett: Oh, this is just good.

6) 070803_Pala_02_EIH_4192spooky: I don't know how she is doing it, but she has captured every breath he takes. A little change up in the phrasing. And the audience is fairly good, some low level muttering in the beginning.

7) 070718_WPB_EIH_spotlightlover: Someone shoot the psycho shrieking "You're the best" at the beginning of this.

Onto Other People's...uh...Property!

I posted this on main so I thought I should post it here too.

I started working on revamping the FCA Media portion of the site last night. I should have the 2007 DCAT page up to date by tonight (with the recommendations that have been posted and the mp3s) and then I will begin working on the JNaT06 stuff after that. I believe that there is already some AI tour media there, but I will revisit all the pages to see what's what. I think we also need to get some 2006 TV audio up.

So if anyone who has done their recommendations has any special mp3s (i.e. they were not downloadable from one of the main vaults and you had to create them yourself) please PM me. Otherwise, I can rip them with Goldwave myself, or clip them for banter, etc.

Done!

BWAH HA HAHAHAH!

070706_Houston_AmericanSongbookMedley_Solo&Scarlett

Yeah - Houston - I just frickin' love the video - he is in the club hot! Clay has learned the words! Kinda! At least to Yeah! We won't mention the others.

#1 OPP 070707_Tulsa_Classics_LauraQ: Clay sounds delightfully "gangsta" and is clearly channelling 50 Cents; crowd noise is relatively muted (6:11)

#2 OPP 070803_Pala_TheClassics_jojoct_large: 6:18 - more playa, less wannabe gangsta

#2 OPP 070802_SanDiego_TheClassics-jojoct_large: thuggy is back and great audio 13:11

#3 OPP 070728_Newark_ClassicsMedley_Scarlett_XViD: not thuggish enough but audio is great 3:46

#4 OPP 070816_FortMyers_ClassicsMedley_Scarlett_XViD: 3:48 - crowd noise but clear, vocals cut through

#1 Yeah 070728_Newark_ClassicsMedley_Scarlett_XViD: total playa - perfectly clear lyrics - little audience noise.

#2 Yeah 070802_SanDiego_TheClassics-jojoct_large: playa in the house! and great audio

#2 Yeah 070803_Pala_TheClassics_jojoct_large:

#3 Yeah 070816_FortMyers_ClassicsMedley_Scarlett_XViD:

#4 Yeah 070707_Tulsa_Classics_LauraQ: Again, a little too gangsta- needs to be more of a playa.

#1 Opposites Attract 070728_Newark_ClassicsMedley_Scarlett_XViD:

#2 Opposites Attract 070802_SanDiego_TheClassics-jojoct_large:

#2 Opposites Attract 070723_SterlingHeights_Classics_LauraQ:

#3 Opposites Attract 070803_Pala_TheClassics_jojoct_large: Clear clapping

#3 Opposites Attract 070720_Chautaqua_TheClassics_jojoct_large: pretty good, serious growl, audience gets quiet again after party, a little tinny sounding

#4 Opposites Attract 070816_FortMyers_ClassicsMedley_Scarlett_XViD: Clapping is distracting but he was hot.

I'll add more detail tomorrow...

I begged and pleaded with couchie to let me evaluate Golden Girls and she finally gave in to my pleadings.

I will say it was a joy to listen to Quiana rock out. I narrowed the choices down because Quiana invited the audience to sing a portion of the song so there were portions that she didn't sing. However, I did find some venues where she sang all the way thru without the audience participation so that landed the #1 spot.

The audio is very clear on all listed below, Quiana is in good voice, of course.

Sterling Heights- Huskerfalcon and Canfly172. My #1 pick.

Atlanta- Luvmegben and Slowandeasy. (Audio)

Houston- Scarlett. (Audio)

Asheville- JoJo (video) and Invisible926 (video and audio).

Okay, I'm halfway done with my assignment. I have Listen & WTLGD. Unfortunately there isn't as much clack of Listen as other songs :-( However, there is a lot of wonderful stuff out there too. Angie absolutely blows me away on this song. Beyonce ought to count herself lucky that the mainstream doesn't hear Angie put her to shame. I have made mp3's and sendspaces for my favorites.

I was especially amazed at her performance of this song in Houston. First time singing it (apparently against her will, lol) on stage and she rocked it! She does mess up the words, so therefore it isn't at the top of my recommend list, but it deserves to be honorably mentioned.

070706_Houston_Listen_spotlightlover

First place was a close call between WPB and Orlando, the main difference being the 'big' ending in Orlando and the lower-key ending in WPB. But Scarlett's clack is oh so sharp and clear, that I ultimately choose that as the best of the best. I have included both though, so you can decide for yourself.

#1 070818_WestPalmBeach_Angela_Listen_Scarlett

#2 070819_Orlando_Listen_spotlightlover

And then there was Sterling Heights (*bows to the gods that let me be present for this one*).

Again, I'm torn between two for the 'best' on this one. ClayIzzaQT's sound is terrific, but there is a small 'beep' right when the actual song starts. It's also there on huskerfalcon's. Maybe they were snapping a still while recording? Dunno, but it's quite audible. It doesn't spoil anything for me, but might for purists.

For a recording sans 'beep', I chose LauraQ's.

I have clipped both versions to include a bit of the banter at the start, beginning with 'I've always wanted to jam'.

070723_SterlingHeights_Banter&Listen_ClayIzzaQT

070723_SterlingHeights_Listen_LauraQ

On to WTLGD!

(PS... disclaimer: this list is subject to the future availability of any and all Scarlett XviD becoming available. That is some wicked shhstuff, y'all)

Edited by cindilu2