FCA recommends...DCAT SONGS...

Ansamcw

crapcrapcrapcrap....I'm SOOOOOOO behind on my assignment..... :fca:

Not as behind as me! :3:

We're not behind, we're merely waiting patiently.

Now, y'all may like my WPB but I happen to know that someone I lurve was sitting in my other WPB seat (and it may have been slightly better for audio; i took the one that was optimal for vids) So, yes, I'm very patient and can wait forever. I just hope I didn't kill her EIH when I got up to talk to her in the middle of the song because I was having problems (bad tape, bad battery) -- kicks self repeatedly -- yes, how how stoopid was that? *cries*

(btw, nice to see ya CG. Hugs!!!)

Edited by Scarlett

First of all, Quiana is mad talented. Awesome! She really never misses a note, which makes rating her performances somewhat of a crapshoot. Like Angie, she borrows the ARLG for the first couple performances, and yet they are also among my favorites, because they were organic. She really polished this song by the end of the tour. Once again the two best (IMO of course) were West Palm Beach, and Orlando. The orchestra was terrific, and Quiana soared. There is virtually no difference in the two performances, so I'm calling a tie for #1.

#1 070819_Orlando_Banter&WTLGD_spotlightlover

#1 070818_WestPalmBeach_Quiana_WTLGD_Scarlett

Third goes to San Diego. Again, the music sounded great to me, and Quiana's performance is brilliant, but there is background noise/chatter audible in the audio. It's still awesome.

#3 070802_SanDiego_WTLGD_spotlightlover

For those who like the sentimental aspects of a performance, you have to love Quiana singing from Clay's lap in Fort Myers. There is laughter scattered throughout, which might be distracting, but always makes me smile when I hear it. And then the Asheville show, with her family in the audience was also amazing. Not as 'perfect', but an earthy, terrific performance. I've included both of these as honorable mentions.

070816_FtMyers_Banter-Spotliight&WTLGD-QuianaOnClaysLap_bearcat

070811_Asheville_WTLGD_jojoct

Secondly (yes, there was a firstly way up therehehe.gif) this is one sad song when you listen to the lyrics (approximately eleventybillion times). So many people say how sad it is that Clay could write the lyrics to LAA, but dang at least he's felt love and wants to feel it again. I'd much rather him feel that than the words to this one.yow.gif Oy!!!

I volunteer to be the sucker noble individual (tm solo) who takes Gimme A Break in Solos place but I have no idea what "What's Happening" is? Is that a classic cuz it's not a TV medley. At least I've not heard it and I've heard them all.

If it's a classic maybe someone who has been deep in the classics can evaluate better. Pretty please! :lilredani::woman:

Edited by Toots

I have my recomendations for Perfect Strangers. I got them from the audio clips in the CV vault. I don't know how to put them in downloadable format tho. Can somebody help me with that? Or is this good enough?

Anywho...here they are.

1...070804_LA_PerfectStrangers_JACF (Ending at 1:00.488)

Only thing that seperates this from the Pala clip below is the stronger orchestra and better acousitcs at the Greek. Both vocals are nice and strong and both have Clay saying "Hi, my name is Clay Aiken" which, for me, still works on the audio.

2...070803_Pala_08_PerfectStrangers&TVShowsBanter_4192spooky (From 0:09 To 1:11)

See above.

3...070718_Syracuse_PerfectStrangers_SecretlyLovesClay

Only draw back to this is he says "Too much time in front of the TV" after the orchestra starts. But he also changes it up nicely in several places. Strong vocals, good orchestra.

4...070717_Philadelphia_PerfectStrangers_SecretlyLovesClay

This is my only recommendation that doesn't have Clay speaking in it, if that matters to ya. However there is some laughter in the beginning and other crowd noise in the middle ...WOW! WOOO! That sorta thing. Other than that...strong vocals...good orchestra, said the broken record *g*

Edited by jamar1700

Gimme A Break

Angela sang this song and the performance didn't really vary much so I based my #1 picks on the clarity of the audio.

Asheville - Invisible926. The sound was great and Angela's voice was a bit better in this performance.

Houston - Scarlett. Same remarks as above. The acoustics in Houston were some of the best.

Sterling Heights - Canfly172. The audio is perfect but Angela's voice was a bit off

Tampa - Canfly172. Only problem is the clapping thru the song but the audio is very good.

Tampa - Slowandeasy & Scarlett. Again, very good audio but much clapping in the background.

Others worth mentioning.

Ft Meyers - 4192Spooky.

Atlanta - luvmegben.

Pala - 4192Spooky

PS and by the way, I took this for Solo who claimed she was hoodwinked into this project mmmmmmnnnn very interesting because Scarlett said the same thing? Wonder who the hoodwinker was? Possibly a member of the eHP?

Edited by Toots

So...are y'all saying that if say Scarlett has audio files of a certain concert as well as her videos of that concert, the audio that's playing when I watch the video is better than the actual audio file quality?

I don't get it...help.

crapcrapcrapcrap....I'm SOOOOOOO behind on my assignment..... :fca:

Not as behind as me! :3:

We're not behind, we're merely waiting patiently.

Now, y'all may like my WPB but I happen to know that someone I lurve was sitting in my other WPB seat (and it may have been slightly better for audio; i took the one that was optimal for vids) So, yes, I'm very patient and can wait forever. I just hope I didn't kill her EIH when I got up to talk to her in the middle of the song because I was having problems (bad tape, bad battery) -- kicks self repeatedly -- yes, how how stoopid was that? *cries*

(btw, nice to see ya CG. Hugs!!!)

Ooooo! That's it. Waiting patiently!!! Is there more to come? I need an an excuse to still be so far behind....

And thanks Scarlett. Nice to be seen. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So...are y'all saying that if say Scarlett has audio files of a certain concert as well as her videos of that concert, the audio that's playing when I watch the video is better than the actual audio file quality?

I don't get it...help.

Huh?????????? You just totally confused me muski! (Which isn't hard to do, by the way)

Somebody upthread was talking about ripping the audio from video files and saying that any audio taken from a video is bound to be better quality than the mp3 files that might already be part of the audio clack lists...

I just wondered if that's so, then just listening to the audio files only is maybe not inclusive enough to make a 'best of' recommendation.

I think that's what I meant.

Oh well. In any case, I've just been downloading like a fool tonight....ALL versions of MOAM---video or audio. I'm going to listen to them with headphones in the order of the concert dates (and I'm not going to look at the video ones, just listen to the audio of the video ^_^ ) and I'll start listening to them on the bus to and from work.

When is this assignment due again? :unsure:

'

liney23 reporting in with recommendations for Baby Got Back

1st place!!! dlh7777's classics medley from Sterling Heights

Honorable Mention: Spotlightlover's classics medley from Los Angeles/The Greek cause I LOVE the "Don't kill me, Dad" from Clay :cryingwlaughter: plus, I think he ad libbed a bit in the verses leading up to "Don't kill me, Dad."

Now, I won't be able to clip the wmv files to mp3 of just that part until I get back to my own computer on the 30th, but... soon... :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by liney23

Somebody upthread was talking about ripping the audio from video files and saying that any audio taken from a video is bound to be better quality than the mp3 files that might already be part of the audio clack lists...

I just wondered if that's so, then just listening to the audio files only is maybe not inclusive enough to make a 'best of' recommendation.

I think that's what I meant.

Oh well. In any case, I've just been downloading like a fool tonight....ALL versions of MOAM---video or audio. I'm going to listen to them with headphones in the order of the concert dates (and I'm not going to look at the video ones, just listen to the audio of the video ^_^ ) and I'll start listening to them on the bus to and from work.

When is this assignment due again? :unsure:

OK, just to clarify, because I think it was my post that confused you. I said that I find the audio that is ripped from certain video files (ie Scarlett, jojoct, spotlightlover, 4192spooky) to be superior to the audio-only files that exist in the vault (with the exception of mime_fan, who doesn't seem to have been around this past tour). However, if Scarlett posts audio files, they will be of the same quality that her video files are. I think it is just quicker for her to render audio than video, so she is trying to help us out by getting some venue's audio up first. Her quality is usually exceptional.

Make more sense? In any case, doesn't hurt for you to evaluate all MOAM files, audio or video, and make your mind up for yourself. I believe the "deadline" was set at Sept. 30th but I am sure KAndre will come up with some form of cruel and unusual punishment for you if you miss it. :cryingwlaughter:

liney23, don't worry about clipping files. I can do that for you. Thanks for completing your recommendations!

Edited by luckiest1

:whistling-1:

What? Someone had the nerve to involuntarily volunteer people for stuff? Zounds! I will begin to look for the culprit immediately! Don't wait up.

Happily pets Toots...

And muski, the punishment will NOT involve Clay, so you need to suck it up! And yeah, what luckiest said. Scarlett will generally use an external mike, which tends to be better than the integrated one in most cameras.

Gracias, chicas! I get it now....So there's no need for me to listen to both Scarlett's video and audio file of the same performance....

duh

of course, since I really haven't done much work on this assignment yet, other than downloading and casual listening...... :whistling-1:

non-Clay punishment?

I thought there's something about no 'cruel and unusual' punishment in the Bill of Rights or something....

In evaluating three of the songs from The Classics, I found that what I judged to be the best audio for one was usually the best for the other. Therefore, for Bills Bills Bills, 1999, and She's Thinks My Tractor's Sexy, the clips I chose cover all three songs, if not for top favorite, then for honorable mention. I made a top 12 for each song, burned them to a CD and listened to them in my car for a couple of days to determine the best sound, according to my ears. Here are my picks:

Bills Bills Bills

San Diego - jojoct - This is a nice full sounding audio in my car with a strong bass. San Diego had a top notch orchestra and they sound great here.

Sterling Heights - ClayIzzaQT - I suppose I have to offer a disclaimer on this one immediately. I first made video snippets of the top 12 and the first time I watched 1999 on this clack, I was toast. I've watched it repeatedly and it's become a necessity of the day. The moves he makes in this are so damned hot I can't stand it. It's not forced, just the most naturally sexy Clay Aiken in that dark blue shirt and low cut jeans --- I'm sold. The audio here is also incredibly good for all three songs. But when I hear this one, I can see those moves in my mind during 1999. It is, therefore, the undisputed No. 1.

Sexy Tractor

Pala - spotlightlover - This clack from Pala sounds very pure, although it's actually a toss-up between this one and Luvbenmeg's audio from Atlanta, which has a lot of oomph and enthusiasm.

------------------------

LA - Renegade - Renegade captured only a partial of The Classics in LA, but fortunately it covers my three songs, and these are excellent versions which mask the audience noise I heard in other LA examples.

Atlanta - Luvbenmeg - This is uniformly good for all three songs, especially Sexy Tractor.

Whew! This was serious business --- and lots of fun. Now I think I'll go look at the ClayIzzaQT's Classics clack from Sterling Heights to see 53 of the hottest seconds in show business! Yowza!

Edited by keepingfaith

West Wing:

Hard to find a good one as this was a magnet for chatting by the audience, and I'm guessing it's fairly difficult to play well with minimal rehearsal. I kept waiting for more versions, and at last.....the winner is:

First place: 070804_LA_WWPlayingDumbOrBeingDumbAuditionedforSYTYCDTVThemeSongsBanter_Scarlett or LA_WestWing_Scarlett for short. Magnificent sound quality to the recording. Beautiful performance by the orchestra. Minimal chatting til the end.

Second place to: 070723_SterlingHeights_Banter_TVMedley_canfly172 - Excellent sound and no talking!!

Third place: 070805_Indio_07_WestWingTheme&AIAuditionBanter_4192spooky - Just a little laughter (Clay must've done something funny) and a few bad notes at the end, I think

Fourth place: 070817_Tampa_WWPresidentialRingtoneBabyDaddyBradyBunchFingersBanter_SlowandEasy&Scarlett -Beautiful sound and performance but lots of chatter.

Here are my recommendations for Every Time You Go Away...since I see my name on there...hee.

1. 070802_SanDiego_ETYGA_spotlightlover

By a long shot! Just loved everything about it.

And ... the rest...because no matter how many times I listened to them I couldn't put them in order. There are things I really liked about each of them and some distractions (read crowd noise) in each of them. Funny thing, I kept changing my mind after listening to them first on my ipod, then on my computer and then on my ipod w/speakers. :idk:

070805_Indio_06_ETYGA_4192spooky

070720_Chautauqua_EYGA_jojoct_large

070719_Canandaigua_ETYGA_canfly172

Again taken from audio files at the CV Vault.

Edited by jamar1700

And since I don't want to get in trouble or anything...(shut up BW!) here are the two recommendations I have for These Open Arms. Just add them to CG's when she gets hers done. I did them awhile ago so I can't remember why I liked them. Hee.

1. Houston --- SecretlyLovesClay

2. SterlingHeights --- canfly172 from 0:15 to 3:31

*whew* I feel cleansed. :RedGuy:

Edited by jamar1700

Just in the interest of getting something out at the same time as jamar :F_05BL17blowkiss: , my thoughts so far on my unfinished ETYGA evaluation. I'll be back later and edit in my final version:

My ETYGA picks:

I love this song, one of my favorites on the album, but a lot of the recordings from the tour have show me why this was eliminated from the set list. The arrangement drags and is sing-songy. There's a timing problem--Clay, orchestra, piano not always in exactly the same place. Clay sounds bored with it to me. The exception:

1. Chautauqua - 070720_Chautauqua_EYGA_jojoct

The tempo seems a little faster, everyone stays together throughout, the orchestra is good, the falsetto--WOW!!--and the piano sounds great after that.

2. 070802_SanDiego_ETYGA_spotlightlover

I can see why jamar picked this one. The first half is totally the best, but for me, things fall apart about 1/2 way through. But oh, the falsetto after that! The piano at the beginning is so clear and sounds so good. His voice is kind of rough on the high "time" at the end. (meaningless aside: One of the back-ups sounds exactly like a guy or else there's a track)

3. 070803_Pala_ETYGA_spotlightlover

Great sound and great vocal performance. Very close to 1 & 2. There's some crowd noise and at one point Clay addresses a latecomer and then laughs. Probably kills this one for a lot of folks.

4. 070805_Indio_06_ETYGA_4192spooky

070805_Indio_ETYGA_spotlightlover

Another really good version. More crowd reaction as he moves around and also some chatter in spot's version--I think Solo hit someone at the beginning. Spot's is the better recording but spooky's is more free of chatter. Clay's voice cracks just the teeniest bit at the end.

Several evaluators who've posted lists on other boards have picked:

070804_LA_ETYGA_spotlightlover_large.mp3

LA does have a rich sound, but his voice doesn't float like it does in Chautauqua. The various musicians are not coordinated at certain points, the second verse is better than the first. There's lots of chatter and reaction. So I wouldn't choose this one myself.

I also want to listen to the extemporizing at the end and include on my list a version that is best in that category. Not as much of this as I thought--I only found one version that went on with Clay and Angela and Quiana goofing around after the song was over. I guess I was confusing this with IWTKWLI.

Edited by jmh123

WOW Lucky you are doing great with the FCA media pages.

Without You...Clay sang this pretty consistently...great vocals, and pretty dramatic. I was looking for something that was really brilliant, that stood out. I was also looking for a recording that was able to handle the intensity of Clay's singing. Lots of recordings would break up during the ending moments and becomes distorted...it hurt my ears so they don't belong, this is why I ended up with a lot of scarlett recommendation...her machine was able to handle the intensity. There were also a few that was funny and has Clay laughing and that is not included except for Houston. Now I had a hard time with this top three...it kept changing cos one is more balanced but more straight forward while the other one not as perfect recording but he gave it an extra oomph. I suggest you check all of them out.

1. Knoxville by Scarlett...

Another one with very tender first verse. He wasn't just powering through. He also had a killer low register. Good balance of Clay and orchestra. There is a bit of audience noise that was not in the other recordings from this concert...but Scarlett's recording was the only one that wasn't breaking up in the loudest parts. His voice was really wonderful and passionate.

2. Syracuse by Secretly_loves_Clay...

In the beginning he was very tender. I feel like he was really into the emotion of the song. I also thought Clay was louder than the back ups...Very very passionate...and the long note...he didn't stop where he usually does...he prolongs it a bit more...He just gave this his all. My only problem with it...the sound system of the venue seem to break up a bit...

3. Orlando by Scarlett

This is a good recording...Clay was in great voice but is pretty straight forward. All the Florida venues were great performances but this was the most balanced between Clay and the girls and didn't have too much laughing or audience interruption.

Honorable mention:

HOUSTON by Solo and Scarlett...

This is not a clear choice. I wasn't going to add this at first because he was joking in the beginning and lots of laughter...then there is a bit of balance problem...the orchestra is a tad too loud. BUT, once he gets into the chorus he was really into it giving it a bit more variety...the ending was really exciting and had a bit more variety

Other notables...because they were memorable

Atlanta is when he sang about the car...pretty cute

Tampa is when he cannot stop laughing

OK I keep listening to these and second guessing myself..I better stop it now and just post it.

hope you all enjoy the choices....hee this was really a chore....NOT... his voice is magnificent on this song.

YES...first admin to finish...

Oh sure, rub it in.

Listen, I'm down to my final 14. For me, this is a major accomplishment to be this far along before the deadline. I just hope I can make a final decision -- when it gets to this point, it gets really, really hard for me to make a decision!