#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Thank you for explaining the eHP. Should I be scared if I should run into you gals someday? :unsure:

I'd say unless you're a lying and / or incompetent airline or car rental employee, you're probably okay. If you happen to meet KAndre in person (I've never had the pleasure myself) and you compliment her on her tasteful and elegant bling and / or buy her a cocktail involving an umbrella, you're probably more than okay.

Here ya are, Gibby, and I am updating the appropriate thead...and helping Scarlett volunteer (bodycheck me, willya!)

FCA recommends...DCAT songs

Here You Come Again - laughn

Everything I Have - KAndre

I Want to Know What Love Is (couchie because she's quicker than me)

When I See You Smile - lickiest1

Everytime You Go Away - jmh123, jamar1700

Right Here Waiting - lickiest1

The West Wing theme - jmh123 (HA HA!)

Perfect Strangers - jamar1700

Full House - couchie

Laverne and Shirley - Gibby

What's Happening - Scarlett

Growing Pains - atinal

Different Strokes - atinal

Charles in Charge - Gibby

Roseanne - Scarlett

Who's the Boss - Gibby

WKRP in Cincinnati - merrieeee

Golden Girls - Couchie

Gimme a Break - Scarlett

Welcome Back Kotter - couchie

The Jeffersons - lickiest1

All in the Family - lickiest1 (hee!)

These Open Arms - Claygasm & jamar1700

When the Lights Go Down - cindilu2

A Thousand Days - artquest

Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word - playbiller

Measure of a Man - muskifest

Without You - ansa

The Way You Make me Feel - YSRN

Baby Got Back - KAndre

Like a Virgin - lickiest1

Bills Bills, Bills - keepingfaith

1999 - keepingfaith

She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - keepingfaith

Oops, I Did It Again - lickiest1

OPP - KAndre

Yeah - KAndre

SexyBack - lickiest1

Achy Breaky Heart - lickiest1 (HA!)

Opposites Attract - KAndre

Beat It - FearofH2O (hell, there were enough zombies in the audience!)

Listen - cindilu2

Lover All Alone - jmh123

Because You Loved Me - ldyjocelyn

*grumbles* Hey, how did I end up with Roseanne? What can you do with audio on that? And clearly, WPB will win hands down because it has Clay's voice over saying "that's your money".

And all because I called you Ethel? Ok, how about if you do an Admin edit and let Solo be Ethel? Would that work?

Good Lord. :scream:

uh...wow. Hmmmm....well....

okay....I guess I'll do this one:

MOAM - now I will admit that when I'm at a Clay concert I very seldom think about my DH. Shameful, I know. But MOAM is the one song that clay sings that puts my DH front and center in my mind and I absolutely loved it this tour. And then as soon as the song was over, I'd go right back to having an affair with my b/f.

but don't expect me to refer to the poster....I copied this quote so many pages ago that I've forgotten who said it.

But I was grinning like a fool and nodding as I read it. Same with me. Exactly. So whoever you are, aren't we lucky to have such dweamy hubbies? :lilredani:

Ticket Tango? I took one salsa dance class once, does that count?

Ethel? Who's Ethel?

Ah...the random aiken lyric generator...love it. CMSU every time. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm definitely of the green-eyed soul-lovin' camp...gawd. His voice is MADE for it. There's just something imbedded in the tone and fullness :Thud: of it that begs for it. I'd love to watch the reactions of some CLay Aiken naysayers as they listened to a CD of soulful tunes. BWAH!

But I gotta say that for a while back there in the laundry basket of past pages I couldn't figure out when he'd ever sung the Jackson Five's "Ill Be There"....BWAH! Oh, I get it now---you mean The Four Tops "Now if you feel like you can go on....and all of your hope is gone...and your life is filled with much confusion....(etc)...I'LL BE THERE!" Yeay! Sing it, Clay! :hubbahubba:

Edited by muskifest

The eHP, my dears, are a group of delightful ladies...we are so sweet, butter wouldn't melt in our mouths. We always drive the speed limits, speak in quiet dulcet tones, are kind to travel type people, and are frequently mistaken for nuns.
Why yes, Sister Mary Stiletto.

Thank you for explaining the eHP. Should I be scared if I should run into you gals someday? :unsure:

I'd say unless you're a lying and / or incompetent airline or car rental employee, you're probably okay. If you happen to meet KAndre in person (I've never had the pleasure myself) and you compliment her on her tasteful and elegant bling and / or buy her a cocktail involving an umbrella, you're probably more than okay.

I'll keep those tips in mind!

or give her a front row ticket, preferably center.

THAT probably won't happen. Never ever had one of those for myself. You can usually find me in Row M on the side or row X looking through a little triangle of space between the tall person with the fluffy do and the photographer. :allgood:

I FLOVE green-eyed soul singing Clay and the motown medly extremely.

No one's mentioned WDC. I LOVE the wailing he does on that song... man oh man he went to town on the last part... :Thud:

Climmel... :cryingwlaughter:

Pink Armchair's Climmel... :cryingwlaughter:

Was extrememly excited to hear they really are friends and that Clay almost got to sub for Jimmy. Expecting someday he will. Man would that be sweet or what!

Concerts... I also download the banter first... then favorite or recommended songs. He is so funny and it is fun being a part of his developing of his comedic talent.

Since I listen to such all the time, I wonder how a CD of combined comedy/songs would go over to the general public? That would be fun one day!!!

Get to work Jamar!! (Guess I beter start doing that too.......)

I'm only on my first concert and I have a feeling Houston is going to be hard to beat. It's may take me all day just to decide which one of those 4 very good audio clips I like the best. It's gonna be hell....torture I tell ya to have to listen to them over and over and over. :whistling-1:

---

I won't say anything about CV other than I wasn't comfortable posting there anymore for a variety of reasons so I backed away. Made me sorta sad for awhile but I got over it. Just like I got over the RHT meltdown. I'm blessed to have really good Clayfriends in my life to discuss & EEEE & SQUEEE with.

Finding FCA was just bonus.

---

Hee kel...BW & will be right behind you!

Edited by jamar1700

Is there a link to the factors involved in picking the best clips? Is this strictly best audio? It's frustrating to listen to clack where Clay, Quiana and Angela are burning it down and the orchestra is just not cutting it.

Also are we looking for a "pure" extract, or including things like boisterous crowd reaction, Clay giggles, etc. Because for pure sound, it's pretty clear that there are a half dozen shows that will corner the market here, the ones with great orchestras and acoustics.

Hubby has left for work...so now I can play get some chores done around here.

Thanks for the Climmel link!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :cryingwlaughter:

Faith, I totally agree about the orchestras. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a musician, because when the orchestra is off or out of tune I just can't listen, even if Clay's singing magnificently. I won't be keeping any audio with that kind of accompaniment, 'cuz it drives me crazy.

I copied this criteria from Ansamcw's first post on the FCA recommends thread:

Criteria:

Vocal (just great, change ups, moments of perfections, funnies?)

Audio quality (wavs vs. mp3 vs mp4, cleanliness, background noise, completeness?)

Audience noise (constant shriking, muttering in the background, loud comments?)

orchestra quality

Is there a link to the factors involved in picking the best clips? Is this strictly best audio? It's frustrating to listen to clack where Clay, Quiana and Angela are burning it down and the orchestra is just not cutting it.

Also are we looking for a "pure" extract, or including things like boisterous crowd reaction, Clay giggles, etc. Because for pure sound, it's pretty clear that there are a half dozen shows that will corner the market here, the ones with great orchestras and acoustics.

Pure sound, I think, and the orchestra is definitely important, IMO.

Love concert Clay - singing and banter man. I wouldn't cut any banter. I would have cut both medleys for BW and IFDKMBY and Lonely No more. But I also enjoyed the show as is, despite not hearing 3 of my five favorite songs from ATDW. And he really made me appreciate These Open Arms...my new favorite - get off me Jamar and Claygasm.

I do not have ecclectic music tastes. I'm one of those people they talk about - I fit the profile. :cryingwlaughter: I listen to old school soul - not this new fangled stuff and not hip hop or rap. I'm talking Tina Turner, Al Green, Gladys Knight, Marvin Gaye. Throw in there 80s pop and that's about all I like and that's what's on my ipod. When I want variety I'll add in some even older blues and gospel. In other words, Clay Aiken is my anomaly and proud of it.

Thanks for bringing GBB's montage over. Love Clay's Kimmel appearances.

3 Days until Clay tapes AYSTAFG! - YAY I'll be there

62 Days until Clay is Live and Lincoln Center! - Booo Won't be there but will live vicariously

73 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special! --- YAY I'll be there

93 Days until the Christmas Tour Starts! - I'll be there somewhere even though I'll have to get on a plane for my boyfriend

One of my very favorite is On the wings of love.... :wub:

If this place is popular suddenly I think it has roots in several issues. The immediate one of course was that at different times the other night a link was posted on two seperate boards that are widely read. I don't know that I've ever seen a link posted to FCA on either board before. Heck...I was visiting this site for years before I noticed the forum and clicked on it and started reading. Add that to the fact that there seems a weariness of the same old same old in the same old places.

Jamar - I love it too..and he made me love it over Jeffery Osbourne version which I have ALWAYS loved.

Well the forum did come long after FCA began but am surprised many don't know the forum exists as FCA main gets lots of daily traffic. You aren't the first to tell me, I didn't know you had a board. Also, we do have a woefully not updated media site should work on that but it's all audio and it gets only about 100 hits a day which is a freakishly are minions allowed to steal words small percentage of FCA. I'm guessing most folks have all the old stuff...and I haven't really kept up with the new like I should so what good is it heh. Our little project will go a long way for at least getting this tour updated.

I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!

from rocknrollmom: Thread title?

And I have stilletos in a variety of shades and pointiness - and do not let me escalate from throwing them to stomping on people in them!

KANDRE: OUCH

Loved your analogy between glory note and painting. I love the fying pan too. I love it all. Oh and also love your description of the eHP. Some of them are members here and we love them. FCA is some sort of eHP outpost heh. But the most important thing - they love Clay and love to have fun loving Clay - no matter how many airline clerks they have to beat up! When I hear those giggles and excited voices on the cellcert I get verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr happy.

Yes IYDKMBN ...it was yours before mine. That was a weird time for me. It took me 2 weeks after the album came out to listen to LAA and IYDKMBN. Ansa kept asking me if I'd listen..I'll send it to you. heh. But I wanted to listen to my own bought and puchased copies. And my mom was sick. And I was sick of the fandom and my joy was being sucked dry. But I digress :cryingwlaughter:

I also felt free to postwhore here, not so much other places, as this place was easy to read and postwhoring did not slow things down. I am reconsidering postwhoring now, with all these new and interesting people to read. Let others have a turn

My posting style may make an evolution too. Less quoting, more theme posting heh. But I love it!! whoot

Scarlett...that KAndre is one evil chick. ROSEANNE? heh

ETA2: Banter - I'm on the fence about it. I like it when it's natural, but sometimes it seems forced. I loved the spontaneous 'Puberty' banter ' and Bug Banter, stuff like that. But some of the dramatic 'set ups' before some songs were OTT. I just wanted him to hurry up and sing. I'm probbly the only one that didn't care for the 'Weezie' schtick becoss it felt overdone to me.

yeah...I do think there are times that Clay seem to work hard to make a schtick work...at times it just flows and I figured that is just the way things work at times. What I find amazing about Clay is how great he is at going with the flow. I think once something starts to feel too forced for him...he ends up changing t in the next show. I say he has great instincts. I think Clay has a situation that is a bit unique. He knows he has a fandom that follows every concerts because of the clack and he always has multiple concert goers in the audience...I think he eds up having the extra challenge of trying to keep his shows fresh for his audience.

And on the other side of the spectrum...I would love to hear Clay sing Ave Maria...whiplash, anyone?

Kim

oh I do too. But I hope he can get a producer to arrange the song for his voice first instead of just using the traditional arrangement. In the similar way that OHN was rearranged to make the most of Clay vocal strengths and unique delivery.

about the green board. It's a beeeeg board, very busy. I totally understand the concept of FCA as a refuge--that's what it was for me at first--but I just wanted to put in a good word for CV. It's like a big family, and squabbles and resentments are part of the package with a big family, but you can always feel the love there. IMO, it's one of the bestest boards in Clayland.

Just wanted to comment on this; CV is a great board and I have a lot of friends there; and while I can appreciate the family atmosphere there, when you are consistantly made to feel like the black sheep of the family, then it isn't so much fun. Guidelines are great and I have no problem with them, but when they become so restrictive and open to such broad interpretations that it makes posting a challenge and stifles the flow of conversation; then you have a problem. Unfortunately; for me, I don't see the problems I am having there ever being resolved and there are too many personal feelings; on both sides, that can't seem to be let go.

I still post there, but I keep it light and fun and just resolved myself to the fact that If I want to get into deeper discussions; I need to go to boards that are less restrictive and allow me to be me.

Kim

I am really happy to get to know people from so many boards. I kept pretty much to the CH since it opened and now its interesting to see that we all share a lot of experiences as our home boards and our fandom evolve.

The admins were thinking that it would be good to have another round of get to know you posts...people can give a history of their names and when they discovered Clay and how they found out about FCA. I am really surprised that not many people knew we existed even if they visit FCA website regularly...I guess we didn't do a good job at promo...hee

I would have cut both medleys for BW and IFDKMBY and Lonely No more

If I had my way, and I would if my hubby was running the show but I digress, I would have had 3 or 4 encore songs! Why doesn't he do encores, eh?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! VJM's here! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've been here for a couple of months. I just haven't posted. I wasn't sure I had the energy for the message board thing anymore, but I like the tenor here, so the energy is creeping back. Thanks for that, FCA crew. If I jump in, though, I'm gonna want to freshen up. That means a new board name. How do you do that? Hey, maybe I'll even get a Clay avi for the first time ever. That would be a real change!

I was going to make a list of favorite Clay songs (Warning: I am a list maker) but really, I'm easy when it comes to Clay. My usual preferences go out the window as soon as he steps into view. Even before he starts to sing. My musical taste runs toward dark and contemplative. I like some uptempo and even some upbeat (carefully chosen descriptors) stuff, but am not drawn to it. I love lyrics, and despite the fact that I find most of the lyrics in Clay's original stuff to be less than interesting, I still listen obsessively. I'm not a fan of the power ballad unless he's singing it. Glory notes are OK when placed in a way that helps communicate the message of the song, IMO (Solitaire), but are irritating to me when they are just there because the singer can do it. Yes, I've used the regrettable phrase "cheesy bombastic glory notes" with some of my Clayfan friends. However, if Clay came on stage and did nothing but an hour of songs featuring glory notes, I'm sure I'd sit there with an Involuntary Clay Grin plastered on my face the whole time. There's just no explaining it. I don't even try anymore. That doesn't mean I think everything he does is perfect or every choice he makes is wise. Just that I'm here to to enjoy him and I do, so I let the rest go. As he says, it's his name on the ticket. Well, it's also his career to manage, and I see us as just along for the ride.

I am not wild about IYDKBYN, and didn't include it in any of the collections I listen to. The Motown sequence was my least favorite in the JBT, but I still enjoyed it. I loved the later part of the 60's best - the part with the skinny black suit. And the 50's set (pre-Elvis, I think). Loved it! And I am addictied to Everything I Have, which totally baffles me because it's so out of step with my usual choices. I love everything about Lover All Alone, and also really liked Back For More. It cracks me up that Clay thinks the lyrics are cheezy. Oh, and Broken Wings - my favorite on the CD.

I can't wait until the Christmas tour. I have my first concert all set! :bounce:

Wow, that was a lot for someone who wasn't planning on posting.

Edited by vjm

However, if Clay came on stage and did nothing but an hour of songs featuring glory notes, I'm sure I'd sit there with an Involuntary Clay Grin plastered on my face the whole time. There's just no explaining it. I don't even try anymore. That doesn't mean I think everything he does is perfect or every choice he makes is wise. Just that I'm here to to enjoy him and I do, so I let the rest go. As he says, it's his name on the ticket. Well, it's also his career to manage, and I see us as just along for the ride.

I love this. It is so true. I even commented after one of the Florida shows about the grin that somehow, someway, creeps onto your face while watching Clay. Its just odd, but who wants to fight a feeling like that!

Welcome vjm - or whoever you may choose to become!

The admins were thinking that it would be good to have another round of get to know you posts...people can give a history of their names and when they discovered Clay and how they found out about FCA.

Ohhh, ok...

My screename is from my first and last name and my favorite lucky number... boring...

I discovered Clay the final week of AI2. When I saw the transformation and heard that voice, my jaw dropped 3 feet and is still there...

I have been at CB and a subset of CB for 1300 posts, but got/am tired of having to so carefully watch what I say that I have been lurking at CH for about 18 months for pure enjoyment. However, becoming a member just didn't happen. Then they linked to FCA last week and this board is very similiar and I could become a member and did faster than you can say Clay Aiken. I'm VERY happy!!! I'm home!!!

I am very metaphysically inclined and find it easy to see the bigger picture of Clay and the fandom. It is fascinating!

I love good smut, as muski and claygasm can attest to, but am shy about posting it. Every once in a while I get a good one in, tho... so be careful, be very careful... :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by liney23

Bottlecap I think that picture is from when he thought Quiana told him he "busted his pants" and he had to check...she actually said "don't bust your pants".

Kim

I have visited FCA many, many times but never knew there was a 'community' here. Duh! I guess I never looked up and clicked on the link. I would never have figured it out if JaMar hadn't talked about it. I'm sure glad she did. It seems that a lot of boards have an eventual meltdown after they get so big. I remember what a blast I had on TTC, ATCA, and RHT. But with many divergent personalities and opinions, problems are bound to follow, moderation becomes more and more necessary and people start to feel stifled. I think it's great that CB and CH have managed to stay vibrant and active after all this time.

On the subject of old school soul....my 23-year-old DS DJs part time at clubs and parties. He started out primarily with hip hop and rap, house and electronic. Now he's gone heavily into old school soul. I can't help but laugh when he excitedly puts on a record and says, "Hey mom, listen to this..isn't this cool?" and I think "yes, it was cool 35 years ago and it's still cool". When he DJs he's usually an opener becoss he's a newbie in the scene. He says the best way to get folks to get up and get their asses on the dance floor is to play old school.

Some things will never die, some songs will never be old, some songs have enduring appeal that will touch generations of people. Mack the Knife, anybody? Ain't Too Proud to Beg? Unchained Melody? I hope that Clay can have one, just one song like that. I don't care if it's upbeat, uptempo, or what genre. Just one eternal killer classic.

Edited becoss I made the most egregious grammatical error. **hides head in shame** I hope no one quotes me before I can fix it.

Edited by Bookwhore

Some things will never die, some songs will never be old, some songs have enduring appeal that will touch generations of people. Mack the Knife, anybody? Ain't Too Proud to Beg? Unchained Melody? I hope that Clay can have one, just one song like that. I don't care if it's upbeat, uptempo, or what genre. Just one eternal killer classic.

WORD!!!!!