#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

;)

Hello!

How is everyone tonight? I see a lot of familiar faces! I know some of you know me from Clayversity and others probably know me as Ozfan4 at the OFC...heard a lot of good things about this board and thought I would check it out!

Kim

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see you here...I KNOW you will like it.....go ahead speak your mind!!! :allgood:

I was wondering where you had been hiding! :big hug:

Kim

you mean someone noticed???? truly, I do think this place will be a great fit for you!!!

Even though I am a lurker ....... I agree with the above statement. ;)

My screen name is my first name and middle name because I like to take the easy route in all things. LOL. I found Claymaniacs first and then CB, but I left CM after there was a complete name-slinging battle. I liked RHT until it disintegrated. I still check CB everyday and post there occasionally because it's easy to see what's new. CV has been my "home" for the past year or so, but free discussion is severely constricted there, and I'm just so tired of Clay being picked to pieces. It's just not me. I want to celebrate Clay! I don't care what he does, what he wears, what he sings, whom he dates. I don't think he owes me one damn thing, so I feel no sense of ownership whatsoever. I'm not into conspiracies and doubt that RCA/Davis is out to get Clay even though I might have plotted a different course. I just want to be happy in my love of all things Clay and enjoy this one little bit of madness in my life.

Sigh...Couchie just told me by IM that I should start this get to know posts...she is going grocery shopping....hmm alrighty...

Well lets start with a little FCA Fan Forum history.

Couchie started FCA (Finding Clay Aiken) in 2003...I joined her in early 2005 when we redesigned the site and expanded it to be an archive for all things Aiken. When the pin craze started Couchie wanted to join in...so I designed the first FCA pin that sold tremendously well. From our profit I suggested we start the fan forum...as I said...I wanted to have an alternative to the contentious OFCMB...and have a place to visit when our home board gets to be too stifling. so we asked a few of our friends to help run the place and FCA Fan forum was born.

We had tons of people join in the beginning...but since everyone seem to be really satisfied with their home boards...we had a very few people posting...But its fine, We enjoyed the pace since we really looked at this place as our little getaway cottage and we were still very much involved in CH.

Then...2006 happened...a very trying time in the fandom where a lot of fractures formed in most of the major boards with regards to ATDW and RCA. Soon we found that we needed a place where we can be more free in expressing our joy with the album and not be constantly bogged down by the RCA hate. I found that FCA became more and more a sanctuary not just a place to have fun. That was sad for me because I used to be very attached to my original homeboard, the ClackHouse. I felt a responsibility to add my POV so that there is a balance in the discussions. But soon I felt that my POV is not appreciated and so I just stayed at FCA more and more...NOW, this is HOME.

It became apparent that other boards were having similar problems as CH...we find that we are getting people from all over the fandom looking for a place to be free to express themselves about the many conspiracy theories and the angst all around the fandom. Soon we felt it was necessary to let go of the old rule of no talking about the boards on the boards cos we needed a place to vent...but we also made sure that after we vent we do not wallow on the negative but focus on having fun and our love for Clay.

So my personal Clayfan history... I didn't see Clay's audition on AI.. so he didn't have me at Take. On GR2...I wasn't that impressed with him...I thought he was really third best after Ruben and Klo...But wildcard was when I fell. That night...I went to the internet and I don't know why I did it but I just thought I would search for Clay Aiken on KAZAA...I was shocked to find around 12 to 15 songs and I downloaded all of them. It was his demo, Redefined. I was amazed at what I heard. All the songs were fantastic and I even downloaded the originals and I realized Clay sang them better. I wasn't sure if all these songs were done by the same guy on AI. So I searched BOLT for info on these demo and I discovered the clay board and was astonished by the excitement about him. This is how I started my internet fandom on BOLT. Once the PROC banner was linked to BOLT I discovered TWOP and Clay's thread, the original home of the PROC. I stayed with that group as they moved to CH and that became my home until late 2006.

On CH I was samtaycai. This is the combination of the names of my three daughters...Samantha, Taylor and Caitlin. When we started FCA I decided not to hide behind my girls anymore...so I used my old college nickname Ansa and the first 3 letters of my married name...to get Ansamcw

So that is my story and FCA story in a nutshell...of course I expect couchie to add to the FCA history and for other original members to bring in their take on how we started. Mainly I am happy to see so many people from various boards discover our board and feeling at home here. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

BWAH...I should've known that many more people posted after I started this...so now I have to go back and read about our new members.

ETA2: Banter - I'm on the fence about it. I like it when it's natural, but sometimes it seems forced. I loved the spontaneous 'Puberty' banter ' and Bug Banter, stuff like that. But some of the dramatic 'set ups' before some songs were OTT. I just wanted him to hurry up and sing. I'm probbly the only one that didn't care for the 'Weezie' schtick becoss it felt overdone to me.

yeah...I do think there are times that Clay seem to work hard to make a schtick work...at times it just flows and I figured that is just the way things work at times. What I find amazing about Clay is how great he is at going with the flow. I think once something starts to feel too forced for him...he ends up changing t in the next show. I say he has great instincts. I think Clay has a situation that is a bit unique. He knows he has a fandom that follows every concerts because of the clack and he always has multiple concert goers in the audience...I think he eds up having the extra challenge of trying to keep his shows fresh for his audience.

Banter lover who agrees here. Someone upthread mentioned the "Weezie" banter and how it got kinda old. My favorite of that is that San Diego show....where it just kinda happened. The next night, where he got his shows mixed up (started channeling Fred Sanford, "I'm comin' to join ya!"), was another favorite. But then....I noticed he started changing it, and by the end of the tour, it was pretty toned down (by Clay standards....I think he likes "primary colors" with his banter schtick too). And I'm sure that he probably does think about the die-hard fans who come to every show with what he does....while also trying to not alienate the not.just.us fans. That reviewer for the Orlando show got it right, IMO, when he talked about it being a big-ole slumber party.

The admins were thinking that it would be good to have another round of get to know you posts...people can give a history of their names and when they discovered Clay and how they found out about FCA. I am really surprised that not many people knew we existed even if they visit FCA website regularly...I guess we didn't do a good job at promo...hee

So.....why didn't you tell us?!?!!?

Name is ldyjocelyn. It's a short version of "Lady Jocelyn." I was a member a long time ago of a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism, which studied the middle ages by recreating it. When I tried to sign up for a yahoo mail account many years ago, "ladyjocelyn" was taken, so I took the first "a" out. Didn't realize, years later, that people would mistake that first "l" for an "I". Hee.

I was one of those silly people who thought Clay would "leave" us after the anomaly. Somehow, I ended up at TWoP. Funny story: I had read TV show recaps at TWoP for about a year or so....and never knew about the message boards there! (Sound vaguely familiar?) Anyway, finally ended up going with the migration from TWoP to the CH where I was for many years. I got to be good friends with couchie -- even saw her put shampoo on her face in New Hampshire one morning. *g* When she formed the board, I moved over here. In the past year or so, I've been WAY more active, due to circumstances similar to many of those from other boards. I'm happy here....

I've seen Clay 18 times....which either frightens people (atinal, do you think those ladies you met in Tulsa were freaked?), or makes people say "Psahw, that's nothing." I really can't pick a favorite performance or tour from Clay, because he just simply puts a smile on my face every damn time I see him.

I would have cut both medleys for BW and IFDKMBY and Lonely No more

If I had my way, and I would if my hubby was running the show but I digress, I would have had 3 or 4 encore songs! Why doesn't he do encores, eh?

As much as I would have loved for him to have added a few more songs to the set (IYDKMBN...heh), I think BYLM was the perfect closer. *sob*

I've been here for a couple of months. I just haven't posted. I wasn't sure I had the energy for the message board thing anymore, but I like the tenor here, so the energy is creeping back. Thanks for that, FCA crew. If I jump in, though, I'm gonna want to freshen up. That means a new board name. How do you do that? Hey, maybe I'll even get a Clay avi for the first time ever. That would be a real change!

PM one of the admins and we can set you up with that...

I loved the later part of the 60's best - the part with the skinny black suit.

Hat and skinny black suite, or no hat with skinny black suit? If your answer is "hat," then you really DID like the Motown stuff. *g*

And I am addictied to Everything I Have, which totally baffles me because it's so out of step with my usual choices.

You'll have to fight KAndre and I for that one. And KAndre has the stilettos.

Hey, what's the story with the editor? I hope there is no counter, or I'm gonna have to learn to proofread.

No counter, but if you go back in and change something it will show that you made an edit. I think the only people who don't have the editor to show up in their posts are the admins and mods. We're speshul. Not any better than any body, but speshul nonetheless.

Couldn't resist putting these here so I can look at them some more ....

Pic049fsn.jpg

I LOVE this one. What a star.

Yay for Ansa for starting the name thing/board history.

sassybabe HI! Good to see you again!!!!

You may not want me to start talking about my name....which is a non story totally and board history and all that other stuff....

may not believe it...but I can talk a lot..... :cryingwlaughter:

oh we can handle it...you are not alone on being talkative...

Welcome sassybabe.

Hi all- I just added my more detailed bio to the Meet and Greet section. I'm mostly an avid lurker, with no real "home" board for the last few years, but I've lurked just about everywhere, and posted sparingly at several boards- both large and small. I prefer the smaller boards with the linear threads, and look for places where we can celebrate Clay- which is what I seem to be seeing here. I recognize many of the screen names from my travels on the other boards- and the nice thing is that they are screen names that make me smile and nod my head- not cringe and steel myself for what is to come. That's a nice feeling. I don't know that I'll ever become a prolific poster, but it will be nice to find a place where I can feel comfortable. I'm liking what I see so far!

I also posted my detailed bio in the meet and greet thread; so I won't bore you with the details again here.

My screenname is just me being lazy and changing the "en" in Aiken to "em"; not a thing to do with American Idol...not a fan of the show at all, but grateful it gave us Clay. Some of you may also know me as Ozfan4 over at the OFC.

I pretty much have already talked about my board history...looking forward to getting know all of you and hopefully I won't annoy you too much with my rose-colored glasses nattering and cheerleading...yes I am a "Positive Polly" and proud of it! :sickyet:

Kim

I loved the later part of the 60's best - the part with the skinny black suit.

Hat and skinny black suite, or no hat with skinny black suit? If your answer is "hat," then you really DID like the Motown stuff. *g*

I don't know about the hats, but I know the Motown stuff. It wasn't that. I've never been a fan of Motown. I might have the timing backwards in terms of which came first, but the sequence of songs I mean is: Daydream Believer; Downtown; Can’t Buy Me Love; Sugar, Sugar; Happy Together; Solitaire

I've posted as GibbGal or GibbGal44 at several boards. 'Gibb' is part of my last name, and since my first name could be a guy's name, I wanted to clarify that I'm a gal. :lol: GibbGal eventually became shortened to Gibby by some of my friends, and it stuck.

I started posting on the CB during AI2. The first Clay song I ever heard was BMUB, and I was hooked!! I originally went online to look for fellow Clay fans, hoping that there would be posts about how to text in votes. :laught31: That's hilarious to me now, because I've learned sooooo much about technology since then. I found the CB a bit stifling, and found much more freedom at RHT. I still post there at times, though it certainly isn't what it used to be. I've also posted at CV since it opened, though the green ink applied to my posts now and then has been both infuriating and discouraging.

During all of the angst last year I found that it was hard to feel at home anywhere. I really just want to celebrate my love of Clay. I don't need to angst for hours over Clay's future, who is trying to ruin his career, and why he must sing certain kinds of songs or his career is over. I find enough drama in my work at a hospital, thank you very much. So, when Muski mentioned FCA over drinks awhile back I checked it out. FCA has been a breath of fresh air - it's a place to have fun, celebrate Clay, and talk openly about our feelings about Clay and the fandom. The fact that there has been little need for blue ink is sooooo refreshing.

I already mentioned that I work in a hospital in RL. I also have two daughters, and a dweamy, sexy hubby. And, I play piano/keyboards and sing backup for a number of groups and vocalists. There are times that I'm so busy that I don't have time to check out the internet Clay world for days at a time, and I start going through withdrawal!!

'Nuff about me. Here are a few of my favorite pics of our hawt, sexy singer man:

clay015-2.jpg

IMG_0891_tagged.jpg

IMG_0842_tagged.jpg

171575318-M.jpg

simplyRIVETING.jpg

mercyme.jpg

Clay-2.jpg

ama06_058-1.jpg

WestPointhands.jpg

327922647_d4b2676237.jpg

Edited by Gibby

OO I love peoples stories!!! I can’t wait to bore you with mine!

I watched Clay on AI from the beginning but didn’t “get” him until I had my daughter find me some videos on the ‘net. After watching Everlasting Love for a gazillion times I was a goner! That note…yeah you know the one…just got me. From that point on I just soaked up every performance. I was devastated he lost and remember thinking I would never see him again. That to me was worse than him losing. I didn’t understand what was happening to me, still don’t.

Doing some internet research I found the Clayboard first and through them found CH and then FCA. I joined a long time ago and never posted much until recently.

I love the fun on this board. I am basically a glass is always full kind of person and hate controversy and angst in the fandom, of any kind. Get enough of that in real life!

I met 00lsee one day in a parking lot, got in her car and drove off into the greatest adventure of my life! I have met some truly wonderful people who have enriched my life so much. I am a proud member of the eHP (evil Houston Posse) and no we are not evil just enthusiastic*g* (I have never in my life closed down bars and been almost thrown out of a restaurant for having too much fun!) I didn’t have sororities, sleepovers, proms or anything like that growing up in England and I think I am making up for that now. You haven’t experienced anything until you travel with the eHP. What a blast!

I moved here in ’69…I traveled here to marry my DH. Gee some things never change! I am now traveling following another man. My hubby is gone all the time and only comes home twice a month so I have plenty of time for my little hobby. I have a daughter who teaches 11th grade English to mostly minority kids and I work for a non-profit organization that puts on a PGA TOUR tournament.

My screen name is my maiden name-Merrie with added eees just for fun. You'll never find me posting anything too profound, just fun, happy, in fact merrie stuff! Hee! Hee! I do have to live up to my screen name after all!

taking a gardening break.

Different boards. I said that I am not at understanding the posting rules even after all these years, so the whole don't talk about the boards on the baords seems to be allowed for some talk and not for other and i just can never see that line. I feel like I have friends all over the place, and that should explain why I go from board to board, I try and keep track of people that have moved on.

Started on TV clubhouse (actually I started on Jokers big brother board for big brother one and Bunny's big brother recaps brought me to TV clubhouse, where I stayed happily for many years). I specifically enjoyed the non confrontational and respectful disagreements in the political thread and have kudos forthe mods there for always keeping things from reaching melt down - not easy during the Clinton and the Bush administrations.

message28.gif

Followed the TAR to Mightybig (now TWOP) and another now deceased genereal TV board, could never do sucks, just did not have the stomache for it. So when my sister insist I watch AI (I tried in year one and just could not take all the bad singing), I went to TWOP to read right aloing, although it took me a while to go to the entertainment thread, duh, so I was sitting with the haters as the first 3 threads passed by in TWOP.

Joined Neurox (IDF) to get the high quality down loads, but when they raised the cost to 40 a year, I sort of dropped out since the CH vault existed, but I am still a member there an like many of the mods. They have different rules since they are not a Clay sight, although they do have a Clay only section that requires separate registration to keep the trolls down.

When someone (was it Squeaky?) suggested we send 10 dollars and start our own vault to be named the Clackhouse, I could not get to paypal quick enough. Those media sites were going up and down like crazy, I still have some of the very old stuff which is now in all the vaults but was missing for a while.

During the move, I started at TTC and CB and the EZPROC and Todd's Ezboard, then RHT.ban12.gifban117-1.gifmicky.gif There were problems with the registration at the EZPROC and a lot of TWOP could not register, not to mention that several found it hard to navigate, since we were not used to EZboard formats. The Clackhouse was formed because a forum would be the least bandwidth expensive part of the vault, I don't know if this is still true.

I used to post on the HDD thread at RHT and met many of the people who formed CV. When they started with the exhorbitant fees and the houses at RHT, I saw the writing on the wall for forming factions and controversy, long before the whole KG interview thing. I prefer working things out in the open, secret threads tend to divide more than help. Because I felt so strongly about it, I refused all invitations to houses, so I did not participate in the forming of CV which kind of always left me with an outsider feeling after that. But I did join CV and contribute to it a bit - Please note how many different boards I contribute to, not counting the number of political boards that I am involved in - this board has been free so far, hee. attitude20.gif

I also joined a lot of other boards (one which kicked me off because they decided I was one of the hundreds of "enemies", heh, I never posted, just ordered a pin) I found the people at Heartful house very welcoming and kind. I used to go there more before CU was formed to drop off copies of video and to see happy people for the most part. I drop by Simply Clay and Claymaniacs from time to time, even though I am not a member. message29.gif ETA - forgot, I used to actively participate in BOI until the articles got a little weird.

And I am an OFC member. attitude17.gif

There are lots of nice boards out there. There are lots of different cultures, each with their own special qualities. There are boards where I don't agree with the positions of the mods or the editing done - but I don't run the boards or do the work to keep them going, so I just move on. I am not about to lead a mutiny anywhere anytime soon although I am in my second week of composing a letter to all the mods on one board for a particular edit that didn't actulally involve me, but until I can get a grip and keep it polite, it won't be sent. I can't say now that any one place is my home, I feel like I have summer homes and winter homes, etc. I like to keep track of my friends in all these different places. But I do not feel comfortable posting any venting remarks anywhere but here and I bypass any most RCA conversations on the other boards to not have to deal with editing issues and circular conversations. attitude14.gif

Things I like on this board - while people say what they like and don't like, generally it is said once and not repeated 100 times until I want to scream, people move on! I like that Clay's friends and family are generally not taken to task for breathing the same air, it is not like they decided to become celebrities, it was dumped on them. Angst is short term and quiclkly replaced by celebration and smut just plain silliness. I believe I am one of the silly people Art-04-june.gif

Edited by playbiller

...dipping my toe into the water

I’m pretty much a lurker by nature, and have become more so over the last 1 ½ years. I fell in love with Clay during his audition. The voice… the confidence peeking out from the awkward young man… the glint of intelligence in his eye… and the AURA and Sexual energy hidden behind his humble facade… And Zing went the strings of My Heart.

I was truly shattered when he lost. I could not fathom how I would fill the void of seeing, hearing and basking in the joy that was Clay Aiken every week. I had to get a ticket for the AI Tour so I could experience this just one.more.time. So I Googled and my life has never been the same.

I found Neurox – Hallelujah!!! I found message boards - Who Knew?

And here I sit today at FCA telling you all a story that is all too familiar to most of us.

I struggled with the decision to post on my first message board for months. I’m a Libra and decisions are sometimes difficult for me. When I finally got up my courage, I had to make another decision -- CRAP! How shall I be known? There were way too many s/n with Clay in them, but I wanted something that would connect my name to his. Well, I thought, since I’ll probably never post anyway, and I’ll be Invisible – ooh!ooh!, wait… ialreadyam……………………

I started out on TTC, went over to ATCA when TTC closed. (What was the name of the mod there? Tim? Mouse? I can’t pull it out of my head.) Then Toad change ATCA to RHT, which I left with the exodus to CV.

CV is a great board, and I am proud to have been there from its beginning, but it has grown into a board where the discussions frequently don’t fit with my fandom. I want to talk/read and rejoice in topics about CA. I get very depressed reading page after page of angst be it personal or otherwise. I’ll still support it. It has been a labor of love for so many.

I have had FCA bookmarked since the inception of the pins, but never realized there was a Forum until the “engagement” post was linked the other day. Before making a decision (there I go again) about posting I did read the Board Philosophy. This is what jumped out at me…

And finally, about Clay, the reason we are here. He is the object of our AFFECTION and we would like that spirit to be reflective in your posts even if you're saying, what in the world did he do to his hair. If you are feeling an overall disenchantment, go somewhere else. Don't get in the way of our fun.

-also-

Am I poddie? as long as someone has a open mind...they are not poddies.

-and-

I just refuse to wallow in misery until Clay is the rockingest rocker that ever rocked.

AMEN and HALLELUJAH!!! I've found the promised land.

I couldn't make the quote box work

I feel as though I've died and gone to heaven.

You have NO idea how long I've been looking for a place that doesn't trash Clay but just accepts him as he is.

Honestly, I feel like dancing.

I might!

hee...yeah we like to do spontaneous stuff like avie wars...or just dancing emoticons...

we may not always be very organized...but we don;t want to be too uptight about things...

so by all means those that introduced yourselves in the check in thread...no ned to do so again. I guess this re-intro thing is mostly for our more established members so our newbies get to know us.

if there is anything you guys don;t understand in our terms...just ask.

You have NO idea how long I've been looking for a place that doesn't trash Clay but just accepts him as he is.

I might!

That is pretty much why I've been a lurker for so long at other boards and not opening my mouth to say anything. It almost got depressing for me, so I closed up tighter than a drum.

I already feel at home here, I've been reading for a bit and pretty much shake my head in agreement to what has been posted. I want my experience on message boards to be fun and the celebrate all things Clay. :allgood:

I might!

You will read criticisms of Clay's hair or a performance, etc., here if you stick around--just so's you know. We just don't make it into a blood sport. :RedGuy:

So many thoughts and ideas and I've got laundry and ironing to catch up before I have to return to the scene of the crimes, a/k/a school, this week. Have I mentioned I love my summer vacations - 'specially when they revolve around a certain cute singing guy who I really, really lurves? I have? Oh. Okay, well then, I'll touch upon a couple of points others have made earlier.

BTW, my opinion on both Beacon/Knoxville is that we should be helpful when asked and/or when people need assistance but no one should do Team Clay's work for them.

I was at the Beacon for two of the shows as well as Wallingford, and IIRC, Clay announced from the stage that there were people in the audience with black tape to cover their flashes; audience members whooped it up and pointed to those who, along with jojo, held up their tape and scissors to show them who he wasn't just whistlin' dixie! So to my mind, TC did give the go ahead for help with the flashes. I was only at the Philly, NH, and NJ concerts this tour, so I cannot tell you if TC gave Ethel the go ahead to assist with the lineup.

MOAM - now I will admit that when I'm at a Clay concert I very seldom think about my DH. Shameful, I know. But MOAM is the one song that clay sings that puts my DH front and center in my mind and I absolutely loved it this tour. And then as soon as the song was over, I'd go right back to having an affair with my b/f.

Yeah. That. The album came out at a time that will always help me to associate that particular song with MrSTP. Always.