#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

I feel as though I've died and gone to heaven.

You have NO idea how long I've been looking for a place that doesn't trash Clay but just accepts him as he is.

Honestly, I feel like dancing.

I might!

You will read criticisms of Clay's hair or a performance, etc., here if you stick around--just so's you know. We just don't make it into a blood sport. :RedGuy:

Oh, well, I don't take that personally--it's only when it's taken as some kind of moral failure on his part that it bothers me.

Edited by wandacleo

You have NO idea how long I've been looking for a place that doesn't trash Clay but just accepts him as he is.

I might!

You will read criticisms of Clay's hair or a performance, etc., here if you stick around--just so's you know. We just don't make it into a blood sport. :RedGuy:

Oh, well, I don't take that personally--it's only when it's taken as some kind of moral failure on his part that it bothers me.

Ah, then I think you'll be fine. It's just if you're a little protective of the nose hairs, you might take a hit now and then. :cryingwlaughter:

BTW, your recaps preceded you here. Thanks so much for all the detail--much enjoyed and appreciated, and I'm glad you weren't shot in FL.

Oh I am so enjoying reading about everybody. I don't know many of the newbies even though I recognize some of the names. But just a few months ago I didn't know Claygasm or Clayzor, either. It doesn't take long to get to know folks and I'm really looking forward to it.

Was at TWoP for Big Brother or Suviovor or something so was there for Clay right from the beginning. My sister made me watch AI2 as I was totally not interested. The first night of auditions was fun so I tuned in the second night. And he had me at take. Don't get me wrong...Kim Locke had me, Ruben had me, Trenyce had me - I LOVED SEASON 2. But it wasn't long before I was a one man.woman. When TWoP kicked the fangirls out of the performers thread somewhere mid season to Idol Entertainment threads - I just couldn't follow. It was TOOOOOOOOO crazy. I was like..damn I like Clay but who are these freaks? Heh. But the moment Clay lost, something happened to me and even that IE thread wasn't enough. I signed up at every board there was. Was on Yahoo groups..that's how I know Puddins. Was at TTC, CB, everywhere. The first year i lived at my computer. Finally and slowly CH became all I needed. Oh when they were first passing out vault keys I didn't even ask for one cuz I had a slow crappy computer and dial up. But after OMG OMG OMG what is that move? I became a downloading fool. And there was no going back

Started FCA as simply a links site. Added a tour component during IT. But could simply not keep up with Clay by myself once NAT began (plus going to 16 concerts that year didn't help. ahem). I was perfectly content with my links site. But then Ansa and I started AIMing each other. Don't even remember why. We had been at CH together for so long but had barely talked. I couldn't even pronounce her screen name until we did one of these and she explained it. But then she started telling me how much she enjoying designing web sites. She designed the original Clay Aiken kids. But she didn't really have much control and had to ask before she did every little thing so when I saw vulnerability there I pounced and stole her. heee. Since, everything you see, every change, every addition, even this board it's because of Ansa. She usually just tells me and I say yes ma'am. I just posted here for a long time cuz I had to. heee. But it became home last year when my mom's illness (she lived in emergency rooms in 2006 and was extremely sick when this album was released. In fact, when I called from Kimmel to check on her and she was no where to be found I just knew she was in the hospital and she was. When your mother can't eat soup wihtout throwing up, somehow EXTREME angsting over a millionaire who seemed very happy to me became unacceptable. My fandom changed. I learned to accept a slower pace and realized I didn't have to know everything about Clay the moment it happened. Two hours later was perfectly ok.

I couldn't be happier in my fandom now. Through all of it, my excitement about Clay - that part has only grown. How is that possible? I also stopped ;trying to understand or rationalize it. It just is.

hee...yeah we like to do spontaneous stuff like avie wars...or just dancing emoticons...

we may not always be very organized...but we don;t want to be too uptight about things...

so by all means those that introduced yourselves in the check in thread...no ned to do so again. I guess this re-intro thing is mostly for our more established members so our newbies get to know us.

if there is anything you guys don;t understand in our terms...just ask.

:cryingwlaughter: Oh great! Now you tell me, after I've spent 30 minutes typing my re-introduction post! Story of my life.... :lmaosmiley-1:

I know that I should probably go back and re-read and try to figure this out for myself, but I'm just too damn lazy. WHAT is eHP?

From KAndre's post of earlier today....:

The eHP, my dears, are a group of delightful ladies...we are so sweet, butter wouldn't melt in our mouths. We always drive the speed limits, speak in quiet dulcet tones, are kind to travel type people, and are frequently mistaken for nuns. For some reason, evil Houston Posse has been used to describe us...even the one from Miami. I blame Solo. and merrieeee. and Gimpy too.

Cheez Doodles are the official food of the eHP...

And you see...this is where I struggle with my minionhood. I mean CHEEZ DOODLES? I wouldn't be caught dead with a cheez doodle, especially those soft kind the eHP eats.. The only orange snack thatI ever eat is the CHEATO - the curnchy kind of course. sigh. :cryingwlaughter:

I mean CHEEZ DOODLES? I wouldn't be caught dead with a cheez doodle, especially those soft kind the eHP eats..

OMG I am so outta here!!!!

Oooooo Ooooo I'm top of the page!! OK 'll stay*g*

Edited by merrieeee

wandacleo, I asked about the eHP earlier. It seems there are some also some tips involved in getting on their good side. I think it involved bling, drinks with umbrellas and giving them front row center tickets. But perhaps a big bag or two of Cheez Doodles would do just as well. ;) Edited by keldanker

Cheez Doodles are the official food of the eHP...

And you see...this is where I struggle with my minionhood. I mean CHEEZ DOODLES? I wouldn't be caught dead with a cheez doodle, especially those soft kind the eHP eats.. The only orange snack thatI ever eat is the CHEATO - the curnchy kind of course. sigh. :cryingwlaughter:

pssst...Hubby works for Frito-Lay, I can set you up with Cheeto's for life (shamelessly sucking up to the mod)

Kim

I might!

yeah...we respect all opinions here, as long as its given in a respectful manner and the person does not expect everyone to agree.

bookwhore...sorry you had such a rocky history in the fandom...as far as I'm concerned...I don't know anything about any of that history so its a fresh start for all...

I love reading about all of you and your history with Clay.

I also fell in love with Clay Aiken on AI. On the final night when he lost to Ruben, my sister and I thought we lost him forever. I did an internet search and found The Clayboard. I was so happy to be able to find news about him. It did take me a long time to make a post, but have to admit, I am mostly a lurker. I am also a member at CV and the OFC, but have not made many posts on those boards.

My screeename comes from a store that I used to own with a similar name. At that time, I was not too creative but knew not to use my real name. My sister and I travel together and have been to many concerts (probably over 40). I live in New Jersey and like to go to his TV appearances on GMA.

I work at the Borgata and am hoping for another concert in our showrooom. I constantly check for a concert date there and will let you all know if it does happen.

I found my way here by the famous picture. The photographer is my friend and we were at that concert together. I don't know how much I will post, but can tell I will enjoy reading everyone's posts. I love Clay and am not into p;icking him apart for his hair or choice of clothing. I do not believe that RCA is out to get him.

I think I met Couchie in the Jimmy Kimmel line. My sister and I are in the OFC video. We have the matching Clay handbags.

Edited by Dazaccent

ok...for those wondering about the eHP...search the boards for KAndre Recaps... to get familiar with their adventures...

oh you know Fort myers clack that Clay got...features some of the eHP...

The eHP, my dears, are a group of delightful ladies...we are so sweet, butter wouldn't melt in our mouths. We always drive the speed limits, speak in quiet dulcet tones, are kind to travel type people, and are frequently mistaken for nuns. For some reason, evil Houston Posse has been used to describe us...even the one from Miami. I blame Solo. and merrieeee. and Gimpy too.

Just for the record, I'm no long Gimpy. I'm walking perfectly almost normal this week.

Edited by keepingfaith

From KAndre's post of earlier today....:

Just for the record, I'm no long Gimpy. I'm walking perfectly almost normal this week.

I was wondering who gimpy was...I thought that was a typo or something

wandacleo, I asked about the eHP earlier. It seems there are some also some tips involved in getting on their good side. I think it involved bling, drinks with umbrellas and giving them front row center tickets. But perhaps a big bag or two of Cheez Doodles would do just as well. ;)
I've got one magic word for you, listen carefully ............. GLITTER

Hee keepingfaith, glad your foot is better. I do hope that having a bad foot is not going to be a requirement of keeping my membership in the eHP*g*

And we are not as bad as people say...just ask kf...she met us only recently and we didn't scare her off (at least not yet). Ha within minutes of meeting her we invited her to go to Frisco with us on the condition she drove an extra car and take a couple of people she had never met! Of course she said yes and the rest as they say.......

I can relate to much of playbiller's post above. I've kicked around a number of boards never really feeling at home. Towards the end of AI2, I found the message boards and lurked for a very long time. I actually joined TTC as a local member, but when I tried to become an ezboard member, I could never register so could never get on CB. I've been at various boards. On some boards that have been around for awhile I too am confused by the posting rules. The rules often appear to be applied unevenly. Some can make snide comments or those full of innuendo and if you try to simply talk about it, you get warned or suspended. I'm finding that the newer boards like here and Chexxxy, which are lightly moderated and have people celebrating their fandoms have been good for me because the negativity of just a couple and the hatefulness of others who act completely differently on their own self-serving boards, had brought me way down. It is good with the success of this last tour to reconnect again with great fans.

Different boards. I said that I am not at understanding the posting rules even after all these years, so the whole don't talk about the boards on the baords seems to be allowed for some talk and not for other and i just can never see that line.

Hee keepingfaith, glad your foot is better. I do hope that having a bad foot is not going to be a requirement of keeping my membership in the eHP*g*

And we are not as bad as people say...just ask kf...she met us only recently and we didn't scare her off (at least not yet). Ha within minutes of meeting her we invited her to go to Frisco with us on the condition she drove an extra car and take a couple of people she had never met! Of course she said yes and the rest as they say.......

My dear I think you're exempt from the Curse of the Bad Foot -- KAndre at the beginning of the tour, and me at the end. You paid your dues with eye surgery this year, didn't you? And Scarlett was attacked in the front row of a Clay Aiken concert. It's been risky with the eHP this summer! And Karen Eh? The cat must have gotten her tongue! Oh, yeah, both Solo and Perusing One were having some breathing problems -- Clay had them all choked up after Ft. Myers!

And does 00lsee ever visit us at FCA? I miss her.

Clay really did have me at "Take," because at the time I was soooooo homesick and he was from my hometown. Just listening to that accent was heavenly. I loved his voice, but I didn't get the hotness until later--listening to the demos actually--cause he was just a kid after all. When I did get it, I googled a sentence that expressed my concern for my sanity about that, and thus discovered my first fan site--LBFCA.

I didn't discover the message boards until after AI was over. The first board that really felt like "my" board was TTC, and then that crashed, and then it was WMS, and although it didn't exactly crash, I had some issues with a couple of folks that lots of people would end up having issues with later on. Then I became a CH member, and I still post there, but after ATDW came out I needed a refuge from the angst and a place to love the album, and I found one here. I love FCA so much it's my home now. I'm also a member of CV and CB, and have a bunch of posts at both, oh, and yes, the OFC too. Some places I have a different board name, but I have a phobia about (me or anyone else) posting that jmh is XXXXX. Clue: I used to live in PA and I edit at Wikipedia (although currently hiding out from there).

Right now I am unemployed, just getting serious about finding a job, slooooowwwwly writing a book, and helping take care of my mom, who is 94, and can sometimes beat me in Scrabble but can't always remember what happened yesterday, and is rebellious about personal hygiene. I've never been married and never had a child, so this is the universe's way of making sure that I have the mothering experience.

I've been to a bunch of concerts and appearances--close to 40. That was easier to do when I lived in PA and was also close enough to NYC to catch the GMA summer concerts and the Broadway benefit. I never got into hassling over getting into TV studios, although I did make it into the Early Show once, and I had a great view through the window at GMA last fall. I only got to one Christmas concert last year, but I made it to five ATDW concerts, and loved them all.

And that's more than enough about me. :lilredani:

I know that I should probably go back and re-read and try to figure this out for myself, but I'm just too damn lazy. WHAT is eHP?

let me explain in plainer english heh.because KAndre's description is slightly delusional cryptic.

eHP - Evil Houston Posse is a group of CLay pals from Houston and I believe with a Florida chapter. THey do concerts, and crafting (another minionhood problem for me unless scrap booking counts). Some of the eHP are KAndre, Scarlett, Solo, Merrieee, and Perusing One. You might recognize some of those names especially since Clay has taken clack of them. Like you, KAndre writes the best recaps of her Clay adventures which usually always involves a hysterical dose of the eHP.

Bookwhore, I read your post before you edited it. You are welcome here. I've enjoyed getting to know you already and hope you dive right in and stay comfortable. Many of us are "refugees" so to speak or bi-boardal. We all have histories. We all can have a fresh start here.

On another topic - one of the things I've heard about but have never personally experienced is PM harrassment. We don't have that here. And if it ever happens to anyone here, please let us know.

pssst...Hubby works for Frito-Lay, I can set you up with Cheeto's for life (shamelessly sucking up to the mod)

Kim

Bwah...sucking up, in this case, works. :cryingwlaughter: