#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

OT but does anyone know the name of the motel right next to the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio? I stayed there and cannot for the life of me remember?

Thanks in advance for your help.

OT but does anyone know the name of the motel right next to the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio? I stayed there and cannot for the life of me remember?

The Holiday Inn Express???

Welcome newbies dewdrop, bert53 and watcher....I guess people are still hangover from over indulgence of crotch shots??? Wasn't a goodnight for me to go to sleep early...

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome to all our new members -- Sassybabe, Laljeterfan, Ialreadyam, N_OF_THE_49TH, Dazaccent, Watcher, Bert53, FromClaygary, Dewdrop. I finally had to make a list. :lol:

I loved the green/blue board discussion and nodded through just about every post. :)

I feel as though I've died and gone to heaven. You have NO idea how long I've been looking for a place that doesn't trash Clay but just accepts him as he is. Honestly, I feel like dancing. I might!

This may be the most quoted paragraph of the past two days, but WORD again!

I have been Carolina Clay (with or w/out the space) since joining the boards. I shorten the name to Caro when I sign a post or blog. The latter I update every three days at the OFC and at Carolina On My Mind on Blogspot. I promise not to bother you with these, though you can almost set your clock by my schedule. In addition to being a musician and a retired orchestra teacher, I am a former newspaper reporter and love to write. I have friends and family who literally keep up with me by checking the "Carolina" blog.

During AI 2, I was thrilled to discover the skinny white kid with the huge VOX was from my home state. I wasn't around for "Take," but quickly became a loyal voter and supporter. I am a member of a private board and CV where I post more in the Paint Shop Pro Forum than in the linear thread. Same with the Pavilion vs. the Street at CB. Jamar, I was once a Forter, but mostly read. When Clay didn't win, I began looking for info any and everywhere.

I feature a lot of graphics by the visual artists from CV and the CB. That's how I met Cindilu2 and Sally. My current lead blend is by AmazingCA:

th_ACA_INVS5.jpg

Clickable

Want to know my favorites by Cindy? I can link you to Forever Clay. :allgood:

**waves** to Karen Eh? Eleven concerts of pix -- I remember you let that slip the other day, and I can't wait. Meanwhile, have fun in Canada! :)

Welcome again to all the newbies from boards known and unknown! Y'all have a great day! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

Hee. I wanna save that and watch it again tonight before I go to bed. And maybe tomorrow night. And...Hee. The last one was really special...wasn't it? :wub:

---

I'm now off to download more TOA. I still haven't even picked a winner for Houston yet but I gotta move on. Hee. This is really hard ya'll.

Speaking of the orchestration I remember sitting at the Greek...in the front Center of the B section and all of a sudden turning to my seatmates and saying...

Wow...did you know there was an Orchestra up there?

:cryingwlaughter:

Edited by jamar1700

My avi on another board is from the first row video she took at the Des Moines concert. Clay smiled at me. :wub: That smile went clear down to my toes. With a detour to the girly parts.
Hi and thanks very much for the nice mention. However, I think that was taken by theheidis, a dear pal I haven't seen in a while, whom I sorely miss & hope to see at Minneapolis this December.

(btw, before she left the boards theheidis left me her DVD of Des Moines and it is just beautiful. I don't have time to make lots of copies (mainly because Solo will kill me if I don't cough up Fort Myers today and WPB after that), but if anyone is willing to provide for others, PM me)

Edited by Scarlett

I want to thank all of you who have been posting the crotch shots! One can never get enough of those!!! :hubbahubba:

I'm another one who didn't know this message board existed until rcknrllmom told me about it when we were in Houston together. I joined as soon as I got back home. I've become more of a lurker in the past year and can't seem to break out of that mode. Most of my posts are in the concert forums at both CV and CH.

I also had the pleasure of breaking bread with the eHP before the Fort Myers concert. I was so excited when Clay took Scarlett's camera. That was just one fabulous night!!!!! I was laughing so hard that my stomach started to hurt.

Clay had me at "Take". I was so upset when he didn't make the top two in his group that I refused to watch it until he came back as a wild card contestant. I love that this board celebrates Clay! I get so depressed when I read criticisms about him that I think go a bit overboard.

jmh - I'm glad you gave clues to your identity. :clap: It's also so nice to see so many familiar names on this board. I was wondering why there were so many who had joined recently. I haven't been on either CH or CV lately, so I didn't know about the link posted on those boards.

I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Edited by curiousgladys

My avi on another board is from the first row video she took at the Des Moines concert. Clay smiled at me. :wub: That smile went clear down to my toes. With a detour to the girly parts.
Hi and thanks very much for the nice mention. However, I think that was taken by theheidis, a dear pal I haven't seen in a while, whom I sorely miss & hope to see at Minneapolis this December.

(btw, before she left the boards theheidis left me her DVD of Des Moines and it is just beautiful. I don't have time to make lots of copies (mainly because Solo will kill me if I don't cough up Fort Myers today and WPB after that), but if anyone is willing to provide for others, PM me)

I was standing right next to her that night! You can see my Green Sleeved arm waving (*hangs head in shame*) in some of the shots. I just want to go on record that if I knew she was recording I would have traded spots with her. But alas...my one and only front row...I had eyes for only one person. That was the strangest thing.

A friend got on line the Monday after the Saturday that the tickets went on sale and front row near center just popped up. Everyone in the first couple rows around us had the same experience. I've always considered that my Clay Ticket Luck for the entire rest of my life.

Hee the other funny part of that story is that she couldn't get her information in fast enough and kept timing out and she finally called her DH at work who actually purchased the tickets for us. He's a sweetie.

Edited by jamar1700

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE you are putting up ft myers today??? I was just going making my ft myers concert playlist so and I was goign to put all the FL clips into one DVD...but now I can wait for your FT myers files. I am also very happy cos I resolved my codec problems...I can now watch avi again...EEEEEEEEEE

ldyjocelyn, Do you know who's in that picture with Jaymes and Clay?
It's Su Bailey who works with David promoting his charity galas. She's one of the founders of Freedom to Groove, which is the site where the photo was originally located.

Welcome to all the fresh meat. :RedGuy:

SCORE... top of the page! It's a curse!

Edited by YSRN

Actually--it gets smutty pretty often here, but I've never seen FCA buzz like this on a Saturday night unless it was a concert night.

WOW.

:fca:

Have there ever been this many new members at once? It was quite a surprise to log on around eleven tonight and find several pages had been added. I'm like, "What happened? Did Clay blog? Are there tickets on sale?" And it was just y'all smutting. How refreshing!

We have never had this many members at once that actually posted. YAY. To all the new people although the oldies are expressing shock and awe heeee we are happy you are here. We've just never had to work so hard to keep up. Here are some stats:

Number of posts

August 2005 796

August 2006 325 (in sept of 06 we started growing slowly)

August 2007 with a week to go 3669

The fact that there was a concert this month helps those numbers but Dec 05 for instance, which had JNT05 had 1662 posts, probably the vast majority in the concert threads.

Muskifest and keepingfaith and everybody -- thanks for the distraction last night.

Waves in laughn's general direction heee...welcome back.

Alliesmom - yep the importance of good drivers and navigators can never be underestimated!!

Welcome to bert53, watcher, dewdropm, Sassybabe, N_OF_THE_49TH, Dazaccent, FromClaygary, and anyone else I may have missed!!

I have never lost sight of how absurd I think this whole thing is.......I love it because it is just that. I don't want it to make sense. I don't care if anyone in my family understands me or gets it. I want to be the crazy old aunt someday. The one everyone talks about because there's something worth talking about. Haven't we got the best stories?

Karen Eh! this was great. Yeah I still enjoy laughing at myself. Sometimes I can't believe what I'm doing. And I love sharing my adventures with my family. Guess I'll be the old crazy spinster aunt that everyone talks about around the dinner table. Yeah, and you know..she just met folks in hotels and didn't know their real names just names like CLalysbabymama and clayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. heh.

Caro feel free to post a link to your blog whenever you have a new one. It's easier when folks can just click!! Love your blends!

Jamar - I haven't started my songs yet but I'm kinda worried about knowing if the orchestra is good. One of the orchestras in Cali was blatantly off so even I heard the sour notes... heh. But I'm pretty good at tuning out everything but Clay's voice. Comes from years of ignoring my dad while looking him straight in the face.

It's a great skill to have.

I was so excited when Clay took Scarlett's camera. That was just one fabulous night!!!!! I was laughing so hard that my stomach started to hurt.

CuriousGladys That was truly special. Wish I could have been there. I think I need to watch that again.

Jamar - or should I call you green sleeved shirt. I've only sat to clacker once..and would you know it - it was LdyJ and it was when I had my only FRONT ROW SEATS at the boston JBT. Tried to be quiet and not yelp heee. But it's Clay..can't help yourself.

Bwah on YSRN's top of the page curse

and wow, keepingfaith..you are right..that look looks VERY much the same.

kf, I LOVE that picture of him... it is just gorgeous... :Thud:

Last night was a blast and I stayed up until 1am and I never do that cause my body wakes up at 6:30am no matter what... dang it! So, I'm a little bleary eyed this morning, but man it was worth it... in fact, I'm going back and read last night again. Thanks, everyone... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Jamar - I haven't started my songs yet but I'm kinda worried about knowing if the orchestra is good. One of the orchestras in Cali was blatantly off so even I heard the sour notes... heh. But I'm pretty good at tuning out everything but Clay's voice. Comes from years of ignoring my dad while looking him straight in the face.

I have seen people posting the same thing about the Raleigh orchestra. It could have been the heat in a lot of venues; but let's face it, some orchestras were better than others. Heat does making tuning a bitch.

That's a great talent you have for tuning everything out but Clay! :)

Caro

ETA: I meant to wave to Desertflower, whom I saw down below earlier. So come back, Oh Pure One! **waves**

Edited by Carolina Clay

Morning all...

Lots to catch up on from last night! I'll get to it after hubby leaves for work. In the meantime...

My screen name...pretty simple...since I was pretty simple when it came to coming up with screen names.

First I saw Clay was his audition on AI...I turned to hubby and said "that kid is going to win"...have been hooked ever since. Not since Ed Sullivan have I had to be home to watch a TV show!

After (a depressing at the time) final night I started to panic. What was I going to do without seeing Clay every week? I googled his name, up came the original Clayboard and I joined. About a year later, I went "universal" and lost my post count. I was po'd about that, but now, I could give a rat's pattootie!

Comes from years of ignoring my dad while looking him straight in the face.

Hee!

Dude, keepingfaith, that picture is exactly like the AI5 face... isn't that weird? I was somewhere watching Clay sit and listen to Diane Bubel once and for a split second his face looked exactly like one of my favorite pictures of him at the time. I almost eeeee'd out loud, which, of course, would have been highly inappropriate. But yeah, it's a trip when he looks like himself. Heh. :lol:

This one... EW_Clay.jpg

Speaking of the cute...

ClayOrlandoHRC63.jpg

Yes, I have no substance... you'll get used to it. :lol:

Good morning/afternoon all!

Its a dreary day here - humid, hot, gray. I think that's a perfect day to get working on my half of the DCAT TOAs! But do we really have to evaluate the orchestras? I don't know nuthin about orchestras. To quote the nice lady at the winery, if I like it its good shit. If I don't its bad shit. Do I have to get more technical than that????

I cannot believe all the fresh meat we have here lately. Just so you all know, it isn't all rainbows and flowers and puppies and kitties here all the time. We have a lot of intelligent women here with intelligent opinions on everything from the shallow (his hair, clothes...) to the deep (song choices, voice, meaning of life). And we do discuss things. Not everyone here - I'm not sure anyone here actually - just finds Clay and everything he does perfect. But just as you do with the real people in your life - you may not like everything they do or agree with all the choices they make, but you love them just the same.

And one minute we may be discussing something deep and heavy and the next talking about wayward zippers! :cryingwlaughter:

Hey couchie, ansa, ldyj - any of those in POWER! Once upon a time someone posted the time it took to get through one thread on main from the first thread on. Can you post that again? I thought that was very telling on how this board has picked up!

Ok, I MUST do things like laundry and clean my bathroom (oh goody!) and a few other "chores" today - and watch lots and lots of TOA! And YAY for Scarlett working on her clack!!! I have the second half of the tour and I NEED Scarlett's clack!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And a big :F_05BL17blowkiss: to my twin YSRN and couchie and muski - just because.......

On preview I saw those pictures YSRN posted from AI2 to now and all I can say is WOW!!!! That boy has become a MAN!! And what a man!!!! Phew!

I feel as though I've died and gone to heaven.

You have NO idea how long I've been looking for a place that doesn't trash Clay but just accepts him as he is.

Honestly, I feel like dancing.

I might!

You will read criticisms of Clay's hair or a performance, etc., here if you stick around--just so's you know. We just don't make it into a blood sport. :RedGuy:

We all love Clay dearly here, but we don't always love everything he does or says. What I love about this place is that you can have a respectful criticism or preference without being made to feel like you are not a fan. People state their opinions about something. Others may agree or disagree and state their opinions, and then we move on. Still respectful and mindful that not everyone has to be a clone in their thinking.There is no pile on by angel wingers or mother hens, or fan police. You don't have to spend all your time here defending your opinion because you are allowed to have one. I don't notice a lot of worry about "The Haters" here. This board isn't into the RCA/Clive hate either. (There is a God) :eusa_whistle: Refreshing doesn't even begin to describe this board, to me. For the most part they do celebrate Clay and the fun of being a fan on this board. I love the smut convo & pics because that is where my humor lies. In the gutter. (Although I am very much a lady in my real life. Shut up keepingfaith. Hee) Of course muskifest is the Queen Bee of smut here and CMSU on a daily basis.

Thanks for that explanation Play. And you bring up a good point. Just a reminder that this is an open board. You don't have to be a member to read every word. And apparantly some people have decided that they are fan police and have reported back to mods at other boards. If I were that mod I'd actually tell them to get a life. But apparantly some people have nothing better to do. This isn't life or death. He's a cute popstar! But still, know your comfort zone.

Of course, I'm from Brooklyn, so they must have been skeered of me, even though I left my gun at home that night. :cryingwlaughter:

bwah. I was raised in Oakland CA so I can relate. heee.

Ivy-FYI some members here have been harassed by Chexxxys. I read the original post that spawned the board and I agreed with much of it and especially understood the frustration- but never understood or condoned the tactics I've heard about. There won't be a witch hunt here but just know some people will be rightfully upset at what they experienced. And I was upset as well although it did not happen to me.

Thanks for this PSA couchie . Speaking for myself only, perhaps, but I don't think you will find much love and respect for Chexxxy's here or on most boards in the fandom.

Wonder what the hair will look like next? :wub:

jamar I was kind of hoping that Clay would grow his beard back for the winter Christmas tour. God he was handsome in those Afghanistan UNICEF pictures. Totally hot to the max, for me. HE SIMPLY MUST BE SPORTING A TURTLENECK this Winter too. :Thud: I love the the long AMA hair in that photo of him, with the polka dot tie and striped shirt. Of which I have come to love on Clay. Dots and stripes. However I love the bangs the best I think. So if he has bangs I'm good. I present the beard for your enjoyment.

brady.jpg

And the tie's pointing the way.

Hee. I think someone should post pictures showcasing his ties. I love his ties. Especially the paisley one from his surprise AI5 visit. Killer tie, just killer.

Are you all blind? That JNAT could put your eye out.
Only if you are very short... :cryingwlaughter:

Or on your knees already. :whistling-1:

Raises hand for being on her knees. What can I say? :DoClay:

Something from Bloomingclay at the CB...a whole bunch of "I'm Clay Aiken, Good Night!" from the DCAT.

I started to get a little bored watching (sorry, I think I really am ADD) then all of a sudden one of 'my shows' appeared and I got all jazzed....LOL....Got all into the little nuances. Here you go...

ldyjocelyn, Do you know who's in that picture with Jaymes and Clay?

Thanks laughn that was so cool. We didn't get that in Tulsa. That is one disadvantage of having one of the earlier shows for your concert experience. He changes things up and it gets better as he moves from one venue to another. But, I still think Tulsa's MOAM was one of the best performances he did. So :allgood:

The Holiday Inn Express???

Welcome newbies dewdrop, bert53 and watcher....I guess people are still hangover from over indulgence of crotch shots??? Wasn't a goodnight for me to go to sleep early...

There are never too many crotch shots. Hee We have the best pics here. Thanks for those you posted keepingfaith . Clay is like fine wine. He just keeps getting better and better.

The eHP? I got to meet merrieeee and keepingfaith and Solo and Scarlett. Who else? Awesome ladies. Wish I could of met the others and had more time to visit with the ones I did. There will be other concerts, though.

I see we have more newbies. Welcome.

I felt like I took a wrong detour and ended up on another board when I checked in here. :cryingwlaughter:

You know I don't think any of us really think that it's all puppies and roses here. I think it's just that there is so obviously no Group Think going on here. Yes, it's okay to not like Clays hair. But it's also okay to actually like it too. I can say I like ATDW or Clay's choice in clothes/hairdresser/songstylin's without being accused of just blowing smoke up Clay's ass. And yes that has happened to me and others I know.

Really...smoke? Not what I'd be blowin' if I had the chance to be that close to his ass.

Did I just say that? I think I need to go mow the lawn and say a few Hail Mary's.

Edited by jamar1700

Good morning FCA! I haven't had a chance to catch up, but that will take until afternoon, so I just wanted to get my 'good morning' in.

Demmit! Why didn't anyone tell me that Saturday night is Crotch Night? I didn't see that listed in the 'welcome' thread or board policy or anywhere. :(

Good morning, FCA!

Yes, I'm one of those that "found" you through that yummy revealing picture by Tangerine......slurp!! :hubbahubba: Have been reading here since then and have been nodding my head to lots of the discussions.

So many "famous" ClayNation members are here and I don't mean infamous, hehe. The bestes smut..er...wordsmith muski is part of the mix...YEAH!!! :clap:

Proly won't be posting a whole bunch, I'm more of a reader. Thanks for letting me join this great board.

ETA...woolovereyes = I Survived You, not woo!! lover eyes!! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by woolovereyes