#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Oh mah goodness! No way can I keep up with this thread, LOL! I have been trying for days and days now to catch up and I just clicked on the new thread after finally finishing the last one to find 32 pages!!!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Given that I've got company and can't spend all day reading, I'm going to just post 'cause I've been meaning to for the last few days, but keep putting it off trying to catch up.

I wanted to thank all of you who sent hugs my way many days ago when I shared that my daughter and her fiancee had called off their wedding. Yesterday was the ex-wedding day and we spent the day with family at the San Diego zoo. She is doing well. They have completely broken up now, and we are all greatly relieved. He was NOT the right guy.

I've been reading many of the discussions here in the bits of time each day I have found to read. Wish I were able to keep up so that I could weigh in on them. Maybe soon. I'm supposed to go to "Fifth Grader" on Tuesday, but a dear friend just lost his battle with cancer and we don't know when the funeral is going to be, so right now my plans are up in the air. But if I'm there, I'll look for you guys. I know I'll recognize Couchie!!!!!!

Hugs

I know I'll recognize Couchie!!!!!!
Yeah...she's that tall white woman with long blonde hair. BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Totally! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Did you get my phone message? :RedGuy:

FLOVE that picture of the toes in Frisco :clap: ...In fact, that may be my favorite thing about the Frisco concert! :cryingwlaughter: How about you, CG? :whistling-1:

OT: Anybody else out there drowning in paperwork for kids' schools? OMG....so many things to sign, checks to write :scream: ...meanwhile playing receptionist to the younger daughter, fielding all her calls from friends requesting her presence... :rolleyes:

Calgon, take me away!!!!!! post-98-1158235369.gif

Here's my story of how I came to be a Clay fan. I saw him on AI2 and liked him from the beginning, but I was not invested. My daughters and I were shocked when he lost, but then I didn't think much more about it. Never looked up anything online. We bought his album and my younger daughter took it off to her room where she apparently listened to it over and over.

One day in 2004, she asked me if we could get tickets to see Clay Aiken because he was coming to Baltimore in July. I bought tickets which were high up and way back. I noticed all these young girls and their "moms" (or so I thought) all decked out in Clay shirts and hats and whatnot and just kind of shook my head. There was lots of screaming. He sounded great but I didn't have a real close up view or anything. The moment that really impressed me was YWT (sorry to those who didn't like it). I had tears streaming down my cheeks. After that I realized my dd#2 was hanging out online alot so I had her show me what she was doing. She had found a whole world of Clay. I still didn't do any more but monitor where she was going. Then his book came out and his Christmas album and we went to see him for the JNT. We were still in the upper balcony but this time took binoculars. I said to my daughter, "OMG, look at those feet!"

I was hooked. I had her show me where to go online. I started downloading video like a crazy woman. My family was concerned that I had lost my mind. ATCA was my friend. I joined the CB, Claymaniacs and eventually CV.

In early 2005 I found a local fan group and joined. By April of that year I was winging my way to Florida and sharing a hotel room with virtual strangers in order to go to the Florida Gala. I went to 6 JBT concerts and 3 JNT05. I discovered fan fiction (waves to muskifest).

The year 2006 was like a punch in the belly. I was having such a good time and then..... I was literally sick until I made myself step away from all the endless discussion and private threads. I came to the conclusion that Clay was one of my joys in life and that I could allow him to be a joy or I could allow myself to continue to be upset. I chose joy.

My home board is now CV. I like it there alot, but I don't post a great deal and when I do I keep it light. I'm not enough of a deep thinker or a good enough writer to be able to post serious thoughts without getting edited. I don't always understand what is acceptable and what is not. I read at the OFCMB, but almost never post there -- too many conflicting agendas. I check out the CB as well. Sometimes I read at CH but I'm not a member.

My name here is different than everywhere else (Cravingclay). Not sure why but I've been thinking lately that I would rather have a non Clay related name. So when I joined here the other day I chose Keldanker since it is a combination of my children's names and one that I use here and there online.

This seems like a fun board and I'm happy to be here with some of you who I know and others I don't.

:allgood:

Edited by keldanker

I can't seem to pick a favorite song or genre for Clay to sing or a favorite show. I've loved them all because there has been something special about each one. Over time, I find that I have several favorite songs mostly from concerts and they vary from up tempo to slow.

What I'm looking for now is to find what is the favorite concert version of Everything I Have. I don't have time to download many songs and am hoping someone can help me out on this one with a recommendation.

Can you wait about a month or so? The FCA will do the work for you!!! Keep an eye on this thread. I believe the deadline when we're all supposed to have our individual recommendations is September 30.

Again, welcome to all the newbies! (Has anyone set up a macro for that yet?)

And these little Piggies went to Texas!

Piggies2-1.jpg

Good God, look at those toes!

*off to find a feather*

Hey wanda ... nice to see you made it over. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I did pm wanda the other day and suggested that she come over here and read because of her frustration elsewhere. A few of my friends from other places have also wandered over because I do talk about this place and how different I feel it is.

If this place is popular suddenly I think it has roots in several issues. The immediate one of course was that at different times the other night a link was posted on two seperate boards that are widely read. I don't know that I've ever seen a link posted to FCA on either board before. Heck...I was visiting this site for years before I noticed the forum and clicked on it and started reading. Add that to the fact that there seems a weariness of the same old same old in the same old places.

Maybe you've been here so long you don't remember the board philosophy that couchie wrote but I checked it out before I began posting and the thing that still sticks with me are the words she chose to bold....

FUN, COMMUNITY & AFFECTION!

:allgood:

So yeah...I just want you to know that I'm not responsible for ALL the new people. :cryingwlaughter:

I just joined this afternoon, and I can attest to the fact that Jamar is not responsible! Although I did sit next to her at the JBT in Indianapolis, and think she's terrific! I joined because I saw a post by Wandacleo at Chexxxy's Place that was brought over from this board. I had no idea there was a forum here! I had the great pleasure of meeting Wanda in Florida and have always been a great admirer of her posts and her politics! Since December of 2004, I have been a member at CV. I enjoyed it immensely for the first few years, but the continued "protection" of a certain member who embarassed the entire fandom in Orlando (and yes I was there in person) has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. I absoluely adore Clay Aiken and the online fandom has been a great source of joy since June of 2003, but this past week I've been seriously considering bailing on it. I've spent the afternoon reading here, thrilling to the appearance of people I've met at various concerts, reading comments from posters I've long admired, and feeling that this board has the potential to rejuvenate my fandom. I believe with all my heart that Clay needs us. But he needs the positive element much more than the naysayers. Unfortunately, they have a way of pulling the rest of us down at the most inopportune moments. I don't want to let them run me off, I just want it to be FUN!

*gasp* I just spent all afternoon downloading TOA's and my other assignments. Have them all sorted by song. Now I need to move them over to play lists in my itunes.

--

Good God, look at those toes!

:wub:

---

BW I have too smuted before. Once. Or Twice. Maybe you just don't remember. :tongue57:

---

Okay random...but this here emoticon skeers me just a bit.

:party20:

Edited by jamar1700

YSRN... Thanks for the AI-2 Sacramento picture. It was my very first Clay concert too. Where has the time gone?

Did I read right that Couchie is going to "Fifth Grader"? Anyone else?

texwriter

I just want it to be FUN!

Same here!

I stopped posting on the boards for 9 months. Just couldn't take all the.... :chatting:

I know I'll recognize Couchie!!!!!!
Yeah...she's that tall white woman with long blonde hair. BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

OT: Anybody else out there drowning in paperwork for kids' schools? OMG....so many things to sign, checks to write :scream: ...meanwhile playing receptionist to the younger daughter, fielding all her calls from friends requesting her presence... :rolleyes:

No, that's not Couchie (BWAH!), it's meeeee, with the long blonde hair. :em0100:

And I've been doing that expensive, time-consuming school stuff, too. My daughters are both back in school now. The 'receptionist' stuff has decreased since we got them both cell phones, and text messaging packages. It does cost money, but it sure is a lot more convenient.

What I'm looking for now is to find what is the favorite concert version of Everything I Have. I don't have time to download many songs and am hoping someone can help me out on this one with a recommendation.

Can you wait about a month or so? The FCA will do the work for you!!! Keep an eye on this thread. I believe the deadline when we're all supposed to have our individual recommendations is September 30.

Yikes!!! Sept. 30th? I thought we had until about a month before the Christmas concert tour starts. *runs off to listen to more clack*

Edited by Gibby

Just wanted to say hi. I have been a member here for a couple of years but have never visited the message board until yesterday and it is so much fun. I see so many familiar names.

Here is one of my few good pictures from Indio. Need I say "rivet".

rivet3.jpg

Oh my Lord, those toes! Why do I find those so.....lustily sexy? Why do they make me want him bad? *like I don't always want him bad*

I didn't know he was barefoot in Frisco. He should make decisions to not wear clothing on other parts of his body more frequently. :)

Muski I did get your phone message, and very much want to talk. To say life has been crazy recently is an understatement, but I should be able to talk soon - maybe even tonight if you have time. My company is leaving within the hour. Hugs.

I can't seem to pick a favorite song or genre for Clay to sing or a favorite show. I've loved them all because there has been something special about each one. Over time, I find that I have several favorite songs mostly from concerts and they vary from up tempo to slow.

Hands down for me is Tulsa. He sang the most superb EIH imaginable. Unfortunately, it inspired a few fans to yell out at him throughout the song. But it was such an emotional performance and his voice was so rich that I can completely overlook any distractions. He was totally into singing that song that night. I was there, and I've seen spotlightlover's clack.

spotlightlover also has a beautiful EIH from Indio. The look on Clay's face from 3:55 - 4:00 is enough for me. But not as emotionally sung as in Tulsa.

It was outstanding in Houston. Scarlett's Houston clack has incredible sound.

And these little Piggies went to Texas!

Piggies2-1.jpg

How bad is it that I find this picture incredibly sexy?!!!!!

You know, I am soooo NOT a foot person, but I agree...this is just too sexy.

ETA: Hi ducky!! Love your new name. Now let's see if I totally forget that it's you. Gosh, some of my buddies in Clime are changing their names to make a fresh start, how am I gonna remember them all? I can't even remember my own names. :lmaosmiley-1:

Hi texriter! I sat beside you at Indy, too. I was with JaMar. I had a different name then (but I don't remember which one. LMAO. I remember your DH trying to get Clack

and being asked to stop, even though a bajillion diggity other people were doing it. :(

JaMar, you may very well be right about having smutted before. I wouldn't know, becoss I don't remember shit.

Edited by Bookwhore

FLOVE that picture of the toes in Frisco :clap: ...In fact, that may be my favorite thing about the Frisco concert! :cryingwlaughter: How about you, CG? :whistling-1:

Well, the nachos weren't bad..... :D

ETA: OMG!! My first time at the top of the page! I feel so honored!!

It is an honor, right???? :RedGuy:

Edited by Claygasm

I had a difficult time concentrating in Indio...between the shirt that fit him so well and the rivet winking at me. *g*

Oh and the skin!

Something interesting I noticed at Indio, after he walked out in the crowd for HYCA, he walked right in front of me to get back on the stage. I was in the second row almost all the way to the side. He got a smirk on his face, once he was past most of the people. The little shit knows exactly what he is doing. And yeah the crowd went crazy when he was out in the audience.

WhooHoo Canooky is here! You gonna bring Leroy with ya?

Edited by Desertflower

:DoClay: oops - I thought that said "I wanna play"!! Oh well - that works too! :whistling-1:

Hi everyone! Can't believe I registered for another Clay fan board but I was directed here by others, who told me it was a "fun, smutty" place and that I would fit in. Hee!

I've read a bunch of the thread and was amazed at all the familiar faces - so good to see everyone - I wondered where you had all gone!

I belong to many Clay boards but post at very, very few - Clayversity being my primary one.

I hereby promise NOT to be a post-ho!

I just love that Clay Aiken dude and want to have another place to wallow in my fantasies. This sure seems like a great place to do that!

lindylo....it's so funny but I just got back from my first visit to CV in ages...I never go there anymore since I haven't been writing....but I just popped in to see if there was any superdooper pics to pilfer...heh.

And I downloaded this one of yours there! Because it's so riveting and whatnot...and I was in Indio, too! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: just noticed this from CG:

Well, the nachos weren't bad.....
BWAHA! I don't know about the nachos, but I enjoyed my beer. :medium-smiley-070:

Oh, joy. I get to be taxi service for the other daughter now.... :rolleyes:

Edited by muskifest

Well, the nachos weren't bad..... :D

Aha! So you guys were having a chat and chew in the stands that night! Now I see how it was! :medium-smiley-070:

That piggies shot is HOT, isn't it. He took off his sandals and threw them at Quiana after she sang WTLGD, and he did the rest of the show with naked feet.

Don't you love his tactile sensuality? Looks like he was needing to wrap those toes around something, and the bottom of the micstand was the best he had.

:DoClay: oops - I thought that said "I wanna play"!! Oh well - that works too! :whistling-1:

Hi everyone! Can't believe I registered for another Clay fan board but I was directed here by others, who told me it was a "fun, smutty" place and that I would fit in. Hee!

Welcome, Canuck! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yep, you're in the right place! :lol:

Caro listen.gif

Canooky and Texwriter are here!!! :04:

The green refugees have arrived en masse!!

So many familliar names--we've come home.

<-----Just testing out my avi and my siggie. **waves madly** Hey, canuck!

It's kinda like returning to the home planet, isn't it? :lol:

ETA: OMG? Did I see xxx down there?

ETA2: The avi is kind of blurry, isn't it? :(

Edited by Bookwhore