#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

I read on one of the boards ( I believe CH, but don't quote me on that) that Jamie's mother was Ray Parker's niece, which would make Jamie, Brett's second cousin.

Kim

Thanks! I've never really known what level of cousin, just that it's through Clay's step-father, and her name wasn't mentioned in LTS when he was listing all the begatting of relatives. Edited by keepingfaith

My understanding is that she is divorced with a little boy and she is living with him.

Problem is.. "understandings" vary. I prefer sources. Named sources. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

If you insist...Littlec at CV.

Well I don't think it's so much to ask for.

If she can say it there, you can say she said it here. :RedGuy:

Edited by jamar1700

Yeah, but her upper body (boob in particular) is quite close to him. In fact, touching him.

Aw, poor BW. Are we teasing you too much? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No, no, it's fine. I'm just on my third glass of Southern Comfort . How many times are y'all gonna quote that post though? Someone let me know when it's safe to come back.

:sad52:

If Clay were my "kissing" cousin, I'd jump his bones in a second.

I mean.....is there a BETTER catch out there somewhere??

I.don't.think.so.

Thanks for the "photographic evidence" keepingfaith. I enjoyed it as a photo montage. BUT -- I still think people are seeing what they want to see in this. I've seen Clay look at others the way he's looking at her. I just think he's close to her as a 67th cousin 15 times removed, and as a friend. JMO, YMMV, all those silly letters.

I just want Clay happy, you know? Besides, I thought his looks of happiness was all because he was leaving RCA, until he spoiled that story a few weeks ago. *g*

My personal philosophy: I wasted too much energy worrying about Clay in 2006. Now I realize that all that angst didn't accomplish anything: the gnats eventually get smashed up on the windshield, Clive doesn't need my advice on how to run his business, and I can learn to skim and roll my eyes without fighting with other posters. I made a few decisions that made my fandom a happier experience: I quit checking Google (any good stuff will get posted by somebody), I quit reading at TWoP (too much anti-fan passive / aggressive crap to sort through), and I made a resolution to try very hard not to join in on dogpiles (although I may mentally root on one side or the other).

Welcome everybody! More new people since this morning...and i recognize so many of you. I was catching up and Bottle's post stopped me in my tracks. This post kinda exemplifies what we are aiming for at FCA. Bottle is one of our first members and really is one of the people who would post here come hell or high water even when she was virtually alone. I've often wondered if she needed therapy :cryingwlaughter:

The hardest thing to do on any message board is to let people have their say and move on. I think the back and forth ad naseam until you have the last word or people change their minds is what can make a board unpleasant. Discussion with respect - and yes I had become the master of passive agressive and had started to roll my eyes at names before I even read anything -- and that added to the toxic atmosphere on my home board. After ATDW I didn't even much attempt to join in on the discussion cuz I know myself too well. My retreating here was better for everyone and I'm having a blast now..

We do allow folks to talk about pretty much anything here. We don't have private threads - feeling it's better to talk about it if you want to but not give the crap too much credence. We do seriuos here. We debate. For the most part we don't claim to have any experts, because really nobody in this fandom is an expert on what's going on with Clay.

We try not to call people out here. We don't bring posts here from other boards to mock. Recaps and intersting tidbits are perfectly ok to bring over and share with us. That's how we know some of you already. Yes we talk about the fandom in general terms. We're very skeptical of conspiracy theories. Yes it's a fine line and we may go over it occassionally but again we don't dwell on it too long. Usually someone will come along and start posting pretty pictures. That always seems to work.. But If you are bold enough to have your behavior noticed by Clay and it's on the clack, sorry but that becomes news. It's why we allowed discussion of Cap and the very sensitive racism disuccsion. We didn't all agree on the topic but it still managed to be civil and respectful. Cap's activities outside of that incident are not my worry or concern because she doesn't post here. That is an example of the distiction.

Personal chatter is allowed on main. But we've always been so small so we'll see if any adjustments will be needed. For more indepth discussions on family matters - this is a forum that I love here. There are topics on caregiving, which many of us here do for parents, work issues, shaping up for summer tour (which I just changed to Xmas LOL). Feel free to join any discussion there or start other topics. You can start topics in almost any section except this main one I think. If you have ideas you want to discuss with us, just PM us.

In a way, we don't have a lot of what the other boards have because Ansa and I do so much work on FCA main. To duplicate it all here would be time consuming. As an example, you won't find a song lyrics thread here. But I've been working to update that area of FCA main and will have all the songs from this tour updated there in a day or so. I found a lovely tv theme show lyrics site. heh. I sometimes wish our photos were more organized but I'm not volunteering..I like looking at them on main heee. But everyone has a gallery here I think..don't they Ansa? Feel free to use it. Even our calendar needs work. heee. But oh well..that's life at FCA.

And the most important thing - VIEW NEW POSTS. heh. I tend to harp on that one a lot, lovingly of course.

This is getting waaaaay too complicated!!

My head is spinning! I am just curious enough to want to know just how they are related. I keep hearing different versions of the truth. The one consistency seems to be that she is on Ray Parker's side of the family so not a blood cousin, thus allowing all the shipping!

All I know is if I was romantically involved with my step-cousin I wouldn't keep calling him my cousin!

ETA: And littlec at CV knows how?

hee I would if we were keeping it on the down low...

OMG...don;t get me going...

I'm not a shipper I just ahve a romantic streak...used to read harlequin romance constantly...now I'm more into Stephen King...

I just want Clay happy, you know? Besides, I thought his looks of happiness was all because he was leaving RCA, until he spoiled that story a few weeks ago. *g*

Oh is it the twinkle in his eye????

I'm sure Clay wil try to hide whatever romantic relationship he has as long as he's able to do so. It could be that they're romantically involved and hiding behind the 'cousin' story, but yet, it may be that she truly is just his cousin and a friend. And at this moment, I don't really need to know any more. Clay has a right to privacy in his private life, IMHO.

Edited by Gibby

My head is spinning! I am just curious enough to want to know just how they are related. I keep hearing different versions of the truth. The one consistency seems to be that she is on Ray Parker's side of the family so not a blood cousin, thus allowing all the shipping!

All I know is if I was romantically involved with my step-cousin I wouldn't keep calling him my cousin!

She lives in Raleigh and is a friend of Faye's.

Kim

Littlec sometimes posts emails she's received from Faye, and I believe that she lives in Raleigh and knows the family.

ETA: Kim beat me to this!

Edited by wandacleo

My understanding is that she is divorced with a little boy and she is living with him.

Problem is.. "understandings" vary. I prefer sources. Named sources. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

If you insist...Littlec at CV.

Well I don't think it's so much to ask for.

If she can say it there, you can say she said it here. :RedGuy:

See, I am so used to the other board where everything has to be crouched in secrecy...going to take a while to get used to posting openly.

Kim

I'm sure Clay wil try to hide whatever romantic relationship he has as long as he's able to do so. It could be that they're romantically involved and hiding behind the 'cousin' story, but yet, it may be that she truly is just his cousin and a friend. And at this moment, I don't really need to know any more. Clay has a right to privacy in his private life, IMHO.

AMEN!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey, y'all! I've been lurking, but I HAD to comment on this post. The thought of Clay skillfully holding his long, sustained, heavy weight, keeping his arms straight while I appreciate how hard it is and how he does it so well. I, personally, don't think I'd get ever get bored with it. Or did I mix that up? It's been that kind of a day. I found a pair of panties in my drawer marked size M. I don't know whether to be more depressed that I used to wear them or that I obviously haven't cleaned out that drawer in the past ten years.

:funny: or CMSU

I'm not a shipper I just ahve a romantic streak...used to read harlequin romance constantly...now I'm more into Stephen King...

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Another Stephen King fan! Well, now I just have to stay here, so we can talk!

Kim

But, but, but, if you were trying to keep it down low, why would you have lover-dovey pictures taken to be posted all over the message boards??

Unless, that is part of the plot.......

Harlequin romances to Stephen King? Hmmmm. Interesting.......

ETA: Forgive me for being skeptical of littlec, but how do we know she's a "friend" of Faye's? There are so many in this fandom who claim to "know" someone attached to Clay. So many who live in Raleigh claim to know someone in the know. They claim to have the inside information on Clay's life and relatives and friends. They KNOW!

Only 99.9% of the time its crap. So I have become very, very skeptical of anyone claiming to be a friend of Faye's or anyone else in Clay's inner circle. Just the fact they post information about people in Clay's inner circle on message boards is enough to make me skeptical.

But that's just me.

See, I am so used to the other board where everything has to be crouched in secrecy...

If littlec wants to post about what she knows about Clay and his private life on an open board... that's her business. No matter what connection she has to the family it's still sorta like gossip...in my book.

eta...or what CG said!

Truthfully I'm totally unconcerned about Clay's private life.

I'm sure he has one and that's all I need to know.

Edited by jamar1700

Littlec sometimes posts emails she's received from Faye, and I believe that she lives in Raleigh and knows the family.

See - THIS makes me even more skeptical. She posts emails she gets from Faye?? Oh yeah. I would want my "friend" posting my emails on a public board for all to see!

I don't doubt that littlec knows Faye; she says she goes to church with her; what bothers me more is that I feel like sometimes she a little too free with posting information or at least hinting at things and compromising Clay's privacy...her "wink..wink, I know something you don't know" posts kind of irritate me at times.

Kim

I feel like sometimes she a little too free with posting information or at least hinting at things and compromising Clay's privacy...

So why help her by spreading information your not even sure is accurate? Just askin'

---

eta : honestly I have no problem with lighthearted shipping. No biggie. But anymore than that starts to squick me out. Just me.

Edited by jamar1700

See - THIS makes me even more skeptical. She posts emails she gets from Faye?? Oh yeah. I would want my "friend" posting my emails on a public board for all to see!

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. Occaisonally, Faye wants to share something with the fans and asks Littlec to pass it on. I wish I could remember, but they have seemed quite legitimate, but feel free to be sceptical if you like.

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Another Stephen King fan! Well, now I just have to stay here, so we can talk!

Kim

oh yay....there is a thread in entertainment where we have talked about it...same thing with Harry Potter...

Oh I do hope now we have more members we get to use more of the TV show forum....I love talking about my shows...

About Clay and Jamie...I find them cute but I think I am more like ldyJ...don;t really care one way or the other...just won't dismiss the possiblity...

but ok...once and for all...what did littlec say about Jamie??? she is the second cousin of Brett? Married or divorced?

I've seen Jamie with a tall dark and handsome young man at several venues. Don't know what their relationship is either.

Nice to see people exercising their right to examine sources--that's what happens when you get a bunch of librarians together. :imgtongue: